Prenups

I bought a house last year at 26 with no help at all from my girlfriend. Busted my ass with the same company for the last 10 years and she's only been in the picture for the last year and a half. I've made it 100% clear that there will be a prenup protecting my house if we get married. When I mention this to some people, they get a weird look and change the subject.

What are your thoughts on prenups?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_seven-year_itch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They're fucked. If you feel like you need a pre-nup you are not ready to get married.

I think they're fine as long as they include infidelity clauses.

I agree with you OP, seems totally reasonable. However, be sure that you will have to give up on anything you make during your marriage if things go south. Best of luck.

i think they're necessary to think about because they remind you about the huge mistake you're about to make, aka getting married aka legally binding your money and assets to the gaping blacked ass of your ex-wife and her nigger child and probably your child as well

kys fucking moron

Things can be a good idea and still not be appropriate topics for smalltalk. That's why they change the subject num num.

I don't just bring it up to anyone. Just some of my more trad friends when they ask about marriage and all that

Honestly, shut the fuck up. OP, if she agrees with it, it's perfectly fine. It's *your* house. This is nothing more than an financial protection, like a 401k. Just make sure to consult a lawyer.

If you want my opinion, get a lawyer to write it, and make sure to do as much as you can to get as high a percentage of your assets as possible in the case of a divorce. It's really not that unreasonable; 1 in 2 marriages end in divorce. Are you really going to bet those odds with multiple thousands of dollars? Also, make sure not to put her in the title to the house.

Just protect your self. If she's fine with it, you'll know that she's not even thinking about divorce as a possibly. If she's upset about it, consider that maybe she wants an easy way to make a fuck ton of money.

(not trying to be rude at all man; just want the best)

because basically
you are saying

YOU DONT TRUST YOUR WIFE
so why are you making her your wife

lmfao
this is why normal people are giving you a weird look

You do realize that prenups are thrown out of court on a regular basis. It will not protect you OP. Don't do it thinking you're not going to get fucked. She'll make you a cuck and you will lose half your shit, then you'll be forced to pay alimony and perhaps child support.

Wrong, it's just cheater insurance. My wife is a devoted Christian and she had no problem with it she even said to me "if this makes you happy then I'll sign it. It's not like I'm going to divorce you"

We've been married for 3 years with no problems.

>Honestly, shut the fuck up. OP, if she agrees with it, it's perfectly fine.

Who gives a shit what she agrees with? Women change their mind with the wind; they have no agency.

What OP needs to be thinking about is whether he has the force of will to keep his woman around, for life. If he's presuming the need for a pre-nup, then he's clearly not up for it. Dump your GF and get back in the long-term game when you learn how to run game on your wife.

I dont see why it is an insult to sign a prenup

>On a regular basis
No. Generally the 3 reasons they're thrown out are fraud, coersion, or generally fucking up the process of creating one.

If both parties get separately lawyers and have them look shit over before signing off on it and neither party lied about shit, it's not getting thrown out.

>We've been married for 3 years with no problems.

Sounds awesome, when do you get back from your honeymoon?

Hes fucked either way if she moved in with him. I know some states in the US has common law practice. She'd get his shit regardless of marriage.

Can prenups protect you from her taking away the kids and making you pay chils support?

That's what I plan on doing. I have a lawyer I consult with from time to time so I will definitely have him help me through it.

50% of marriages end in divorce. People can get married for the right reasons but things can change really quick. I live in a lib shit state and want as much protection as I can get. I'm not trying to fuck anybody over, just protecting what I worked for.

so basically you dont trust your wife to not divorce you

aka you shouldnt be getting married

Always get a prenuptial but I will warm you. Having a prenup doesn't mean the judge has to honor it. Get homestead as well. Cover all your bases

Prenuptial never hold up in court.

Well, I don't trust noone. Not even myself.

I see you broke out the lawyer hat for this full retard response.

It's a sign of a lack of unconditional trust.

In that it's a condition for trust.

You are telling someone you don't trust them enough to marry them until they do something for you.

>because basically
>you are saying
>YOU DONT TRUST YOUR WIFE
>so why are you making her your wife

Fucking normie response. kys if you don't realize how cucked US marriage laws are

No, a parent can't sign away their child's right to child support.

How do i keep the kids in a divorce?

Unconditional trust is a bad practice. You and other people could change: you don't know, so you bind them.

Just be aware that there is a whole host of retarded shit that you have to do to not have your prenup thrown out in court.

You have to pay for her to have a separate lawyer than your own to go over the terms in private with her to make sure she understands them.

You also have to give her adequate time from giving her the prenup to the date of the wedding (6-8+ months).

You also can't be found to have "forced" her to sign the prenup in any way such as by making the marriage contingent on her signing too forcefully. (Don't say anything over text/e-mail etc.)

You don't know if it's gunna last until you have 10 years in and kids - I don't give a shit how much of a christcuckette she claims to be

Be the more fit parent or kill your spouse and hide the body well enough to get away with it.

you literally miss the entire point of marriage if you dont trust your wife enough to jew you over

just fuck her get her pregnant and dump her if she is a shit person with good genes

you guys are retarded

I don't know if this means anything to you, but If I were an American I'd definitely want a prenup if I get married.

>Unconditional trust is a bad practice.
So is love. If you don't want to be making stupid decisions you're playing the wrong game.

People change. Relationships fizzle. A government contract doesn't stop that from happening. People who deny this are not the well adjusted normies they try to portray themselves as, they are children who are so inexperienced with life and other people that they can't fathom the notion that people change with time and that literally more often than not results in divorce.

>kill your spouse and hide the body well enough to get away with it.
For the record this is the easiest way to do so and actually isn't that hard.

Just pay niggers to kill her.

Exactly. Nobody wouldn't ever invest hundreds of thousands of dollars in stocks if a coin flip decided if you lost half of your assets

>3 years
>wow its fucking nothing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_seven-year_itch

no-fault divorce ruined your idealist fantasies

Prenups = a meme unless you're filthy rich

They get thrown out in court all the time as long as the woman has a decent lawyer and can say that she was pressured to sign it (seriously look it up), unless you can afford one of those high end $5000 per hour lawyers that wealthy people use you are straight fucked.

>prenups are thrown out of court on a regular basis
the amount of times i see this exact wording on this site makes me think it has to be shariablue or something similar fucking this place up.

Maybe its you brock, is that you?

Don't get fucking married dude, if you feel there's even a chance you'll get divorced just don't marry her.

>They get thrown out in court all the time as long as the woman has a decent lawyer and can say that she was pressured to sign it (seriously look it up)
That's why you make sure she gets a lawyer too when signing it.

Thats why I have the prenup dummy.

>s pressured to sign it (seriously look it up),
for fucks sake

document with an arbitrating lawyer the meetings taking place hammering out the details to prove that she was not under duress at the time of signing it.

If you do it on your kitchen table after discussing it for a week it could be. But having legal documents showing a timeline over a while and a 3rd party will not let the 'duress' shit fly.

The only one I trust unconditionally is my direct blood relatives. 50% of marriages end in divorce I'm not betting my lifesavings, car, and home on a coinflip.

The downside to getting a prenup is they make murdering you a far more attractive option than a divorce.

I'm reading mexican law. Woman always keep the kids until they are 11.

There can be shared custody clauses and shit

There are some localities and states notorious for crumpling up prenups, but you make a solid point.
Another generally ironclad method is to put some of your assets in a trust (keep it secret) with your brother/sister/parents/etc in it, as well as being willing to quickly transfer ownership of your goods entirely to a family member via sale. Sell all your material shit to your brother for 200-400 bucks to avoid suspicion, gift him the money to buy if you have to

Homestead?

>implying that no-fault divorce affected your ability to control women

If you need the law to help you lock down your wife then you are fucked regardless.

>3 years

7 years is THE major milestone. Get past that and you'll gain my respect. My sister's marriage is falling apart after 23 years. She turned into a fat depressed cow, though

Nobody is safe.

MGTOW

If you unconditionally trusting your blood relatives is fucking retarded. At least you have a sought after relationship with your fiance.

OP if you bought the house before you got married it should be your personal property. Check with a lawyer.

If only one party was paying for the lawyer that is also grounds for throwing out the prenup.

You need 2 lawyers.

Trust is not a word that should be in your vocabulary except for the closest of blood relatives

50% of marriages end in divorce because of idiots who get married too fast. It's like saying "the US has the highest rate of gun violence in the world! omg ban guns now" Yeah, but when you subtract the niggers then how high is it?

US obesity rate isn't that bad when you subtract spics and niggers. US homicide rate isn't that bad when you subtract niggers. And the US divorce rate isn't that bad either once you subtract idiots who got married right after high school, or who got married because someone got pregnant, or who got married for any number of other idiotic reasons.

If you need a prenup, you really shouldn't be getting married.

Stop believing Hollywood bullshit, m8.

Woah that redpill was outta nowhere

That's called hiding assets and is yet another reason to throw out a prenup

Awwwwwww

You think your slimy hole is worth cash.

Why the fuck are you going around telling people about your prenuptial tho.

Just get one and don't ask how people feel about it.

this. so much.
marriage isnt something you just do because its expected of you.

I think a prenup is useful for people who have valuable assets prior to entering into marriage, that the other party has nothing to do with.

I think society has normalized divorce, and/because pop culture glamorizes single life. Plus we dont have christian values which equate to family values anymore either.

probably because nobody cares about the financial details of you and your girlfriends relationship

damn thats pretty hardcore man

they still all have to go back, pedro

only my closer friends and only when it gets brought up. Their opinion doesn't change mine, just wondering why people are so surprised when somebody wants one

Homes are treated differently. This will become "the marital home" in a divorce case. Even if you end up keeping it and she moves out You may end up paying for an equivalent home for her to move into.

>23 years
Mid-life crisis, kids are out of the house/menopause phase. It's the last hurdle

Since a 50/50 split seems to be based on the idea that kids marry before there are assets in the picture, and that they accrue this together, it does make sense to have a prenup when the reality is wholly different.

>Trust is not a word that should be in your vocabulary except for the closest of blood relatives
Why should you trust blood relatives exactly?

If you don't unconditionally trust your mother, brother, sister, and father you are probably a nigger who grew up in a broken home.

roastie gold digger detected
fuck off back to tubbler bitch or show us ya tits

Ok thanks, thats good to keep in my mind.

DO NOT GET MARRIED

You shouldn't need a prenup to preserve your right to property you owned before getting married. Just do an inventory before you get married, and have her sign it. But do talk to a lawyer about it.

Just wait until divorce court and she cries "muh emotional abuse" and that shit gets thrown out.

>It's like saying "the US has the highest rate of gun violence in the world! omg ban guns now"

Do 50% of U.S gun owners commit homicide? No, less than 1% do.

Do 50% of U.S marriages result in divorce. Yes.

Oh man, where to begin?

First, what makes you think this girl is wife material? You should not even start dating until around 26-28. Then, everyday is wife auditions for your gf. If she is the least bit problematic, jettison her ass without remorse. Those problems will not get better with age.

Under no circumstance should you cohabitate until you are married. She will be hot to live in your new house for free and start playing house.

Prenups are only useful for obscenely rich globalists who can hire a whole team of lawyers to make sure their latest trophy wife doesn't walk off with their firm when he gets sick of her shit.

Everyone else is best off going his own way. If you know she'll be tempted to fuck you over, why bother taking the chance?

If you like having nice things and want to keep them, never get married.

If you want a companion, get a dog. They're loyal, they don't talk back and if they're more trouble than they're worth uou can return them to the pound.

Better yet, go make some good, redpilled, loyal male friends.

If you're not the sort of person redpilled men want to be friends with, go do something about that.

Oh, but she may get the right to live there post-divorce, depending on the settlement, even if you own it as an asset.

t. someone with a prenup

I haven't read the thread yet because responding is really important -- I am unironically praying you get the prenup. I would hate to see your life's work be stolen from you just because your wife one day decides she wants to be Jamal's traphoe, or something. Memes aside, protect your assets in this age of economic and cultural instability.

pic related: it's me thinking about your future

fuck you

A prenup is insurance that she can't take everything you own, and leave you penniless and back at mom and dads.

This is beyond the point though, at the very least all assets obtained before a marriage should be exempt automatically, because they aren't the prenup exists
In a more perfect society marriage would be nothing more than a title with no economic or government liability

That's what always scares me about getting married. I'm 23 and would love to get married and have children, but I know that's extremely unlikely. I'd like to buy a house before I'm 28 and I would absolutely have to keep the house. I'm purposely staying with my parents for the next few years just so I can save for it.

yeah, youre right.

They are completely appropriate. Remember, marriage is a contact with the government as well. So protect any and all assets you bought/created before marriage. The things you create during the marriage, however, are always considered to have been a joint effort (for you, at least, not necessarily her).

What do I do if I want sex?

Yeah, just believe blindly in your abilities and don't even make any effort whatsoever to ensure you're safe if you fail to hypnotize your woman.

Prenups should be MANDATORY.

Material possessions and romantic relationships should be treated as completely separate things.

>If she's fine with it, you'll know that she's not even thinking about divorce as a possibly. If she's upset about it, consider that maybe she wants an easy way to make a fuck ton of money.
This.

This too. If you live together and are married there is nothing you can do to force her out of the house. Most likely case is she calls the cops and files a phony domestic abuse claim and you end up having to get a new place.

It's not. Think of procrastination and you get a basic idea on why you shouldn't trust yourself. It's like your future self is another person and you are competing against him on who gets the biggest share of the pie.

That's why you always bind yourself by making, for instance, promises to other people and creating other external constraints. That way, you can beat procrastination, as it is no longer about you.

I'm white upper middle class, but mental issues run on both sides of my family. Paranoia on my father's side, sociopathy on my mother's, and general emotional instability on both.

When your father accuses you of faking a CDC quarantine level of illness because he believes everyone that says they're healthy are sick (he's also an extreme germaphobe) and everyone that says they're sick are healthy (paranoia), it does not inspire confidence.

Fortunately the asshole caught it too.

I'm ok with the Joint Effort part. It seems fair, even if I'm the only one working and putting value into my assets. But my initial investment should rightfully be mine no matter what. I've seen too many men fucked through divorce