Inderal thread

Sup Forums,

I'm about to graduate college and have a paid internship lined up with a company that is likely to hire me after the summer.

We're an airplane parts manufacturer, and my job is to do research on prospective foreign markets and present my analysis to biz executives.

>Problem is, I suck at public speaking.

Well, I don't actually suck at public speaking, (I'm actually a lot better than most people), but I get nervous as fuck.

>hands shaking
>massive anxiety
>sweating

I'm considering gettin an Inderal prescription (I hear that a large number of TV personalities/performers use it to calm nerves)

Anyone have experience with it? (Or other similar beta blockers)

Does Inderall make you poop faster?

Beware if you get prescribed benzos (think valium). I'm prescribed kpins and have turned into a pill head. Try managing your diet better and exercise more before jumping to pills. Don't end up like me.

Try low-dosing dextromethorphan (cough syrup) before public speaking. It's a pretty good anti-anxiety drug and it works quickly. Obviously don't overdo it.
I've heard of many people having success with it for premature ejaculation, I'd imagine it'd work for public speaking. 60mg-ish is usually good.

Thanks fo rthe advice, but I want to try Beta Blockers.

At least Beta blockers (like inderal) are specifically prescribed for anxiety by doctors.

What? Seriously? A drug to help you do something that makes everyone nervous?

I pitch a lot. Part of my job. Been doing it for over a decade. I still get nervous 30 seconds before I start talking.

Do it more, practice more. Stop trying the easy way out. Life is hard, don't use cheat codes, gain xp instead.

Be careful if you go this route because even low doses will make your pupils insanely huge.

I thought the same thing at first too. (I even joined the Toastmasters club at my college)

To be honest, if you heard me speak, you would think I had been practicing presentations for years.

However, I get physiological, crippling anxiety symptoms (to the point where my teeth chatter and i shake like a triggered liberal)

>plus, i realized that all the zombies in the media combine Inderal + Adderal for maximum BTFO capabilities

I've used dxm for public speaking before without issues. I did the extraction since cough syrup has all that fake sugar in it which is a laxative though. I usually go for 60mg and I've barely noticed any major side effects.
I used to use Zoloft and Wellbutrin but I found no benefit to them. Just creates mindfog.

Okay, I get it - didn't realize there was some disorder involved here.

But you're still a puppy.

What else are you on? List it all. Caffeine counts.

Did you look in the mirror?
Back when I used to robotrip I wouldn't have visible irises for 5 days straight.

medfag

I use it. It works well for some of the physical effects of anxiety - especially palpitations. I'd recommend it if it is giving you problems.

don't do drugs kid.
all you have to do is genuinely believe that you're better than everyone else.

My normal diet consists of a pretty high amount of sugar/caffeine through energy drinks, but I run twice a day so you couldn't tell bc im not out of shape. (I try to avoid excess sugar/caffeine before presentations because this makes my symptoms worse)

I have a vyvanse prescription, but i only take it like three times a week

I don't take enough to actually cause that.

They have Inderal in the UK?

But does it just calm you down? or do you feel noticeably different?

And could i combine with adderall/vyvanse?

Well I probably weighed less than you (115 lbs.) but I've had some pretty serious dilation at 60-80mg.

Okay so uh - you have read the effects of vynase? That stuff will stay in your system and jack your brain for a month solid after you take it.

Adderall is the same way - I can spot people on it at this point, and I make it a point not to hire them.

I don't know what high amount of sugar or caffeine means.. But excessive caffeine would explain the anxiety.

You're just trying to stack a shit solution onto a shit (self controlled) situation.

Don't get your ass addicted to some pharmie to perform. That's the bullshit, low achiever, degenerate way out. Fix your fucking foundation before you try to build your house (the rest of your life) on it.

micro nutrition > supplements > not eating garbage > macro nutrition > non-rx drugs > rx drugs

>genuinely believe that you're better than everyone else
This should be obvious to more Sup Forumsacks.

Have you tried this?

I weigh about the same and haven't had huge issues. I don't get dilated pupils very easily though. Even on mushrooms my pupils don't dilate very much.
I don't specifically aim for 60mg though, I usually do 30mg first and then judge lol
I think it's worked well anyway haha

Basically stops your heart going 180, sweating and a few other visible signs of anxiety. I have used it for the same purpose.

Kek yes

I 100% agree with the vyvanse being bad thing. I've kicked it cold turkey for long periods since I've been prescribed, and I'll probably kick it for good later on.

But the speech anxiety is a different monster, I promise you. I can literally be the most confident, best looking guy in the class and I still get crippling symptoms.

That's because it's not nervousness, it's basically a panic attack. In my mind I feel completely calm and my words sound normal, but my heart is racing, my teeth are chattering, and my body shakes.

It sounds like beta blockers are probably the best choice.