Is there any military force stronger than the French Foreign Legion?

I do not think so

LEGIONNAIRES

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2b3QTd77R7g
youtube.com/watch?v=UsKuvY6hUDU
i.4cdn.org/wsg/1491564013177.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

is that Dwayne Johnson

Mongolian horde

The normal french military.

Think about it.

The french have a reputation for surrendering.
The french foreign legion is literally made up of people who surrendered to the surrenderers.

when in the fuck will they move off of famas shit and get into their hk shit

>not swiss militiamen
youtu.be/2b3QTd77R7g

Legionnaires are just Canon fodder, it's not an elite corps.

youtube.com/watch?v=UsKuvY6hUDU

The FFL is pretty good, too bad it's under bureaucratic control of the regular French army since almost a decade now.
Since they're now officially a part of the regular French army, they have to abide by all the rules and France is liable if the FFL does something.

So it's majorly sissified now.

You're dumdum.
Look at the 2nd REP or the Eclaireurs, they're fucking beasts.

And the fact that there is no woman in the FFL makes it de facto way better than the regular to begin with.

>Surrendered to the Surrenderers.

I get frog banter lad, truly I do, but this is just a complete ignorance of French Military history.

French Foreign Legion is the same people but different commanders.

Spetsnaz are stronger, by far

Quads of divine truth.

Still reckon it'd be worth joining?

Thought about it when I was 18 when I was convinced I wouldn't be accepted into university, and it turns out I was. Thought I'd grow out of it over time, but the thought keeps recurring.

>French Foreign Legion is the same people
Wrong.
You can't join the regular army if you're not French.
85% of the FFL is not French.

>different commanders
Also false.
Since the FFL is an official part of the regular army, it's the same commanders higher up.

I did 5 years in the FFL and I'll never regret it. Met a lot of civilians in their 40s and older who regretted never enlisting.

>Still reckon it'd be worth joining?
Depends what you expect of it, really.

> Thought I'd grow out of it over time, but the thought keeps recurring
What you can do is go there, join, and if you're accepted, you can do the first 4 months of training/boot camp and choose to leave at ANY moment.

It wasn't like that before, but there is laws about slavery and shit.
And anyway, you can go there, have a fucking hard training for a few months, get paid doing it and leave at the end of the few months.

But if at the end of the 4 months you actually enter a regiment, you're more of less stuck for 5 years.

Do middle aged folks with no previous military training enlist? How does that work out for them?

he was meaning same people than the mongolian horde which was a joke

>Depends what you expect of it, really.

5 Years of struggle, essentially.

>You can choose to leave at ANY moment.

Fuck, I didn't realise it had become that much of a cop out.

>French Foreign Legion

>no air force
>no navy
>no armored division

literally grunts paid to play as soldiers

NOPE...

I'd put my money on the BSA over any of you wussies.!!!

No previous military training is required. Although it'd obviously be a plus.

I personnaly joined at 23yo after only a bit of physical training. You can join far older than that, and still gaining rank if you have a good spirit.

You should prepare for psychotechnics tests which a lot of people fail and physical tests mostly.

Be also prepared to answer questions like "why do you want to join us". Needing money is not a bad answer. They want to make sure you're not hiding anything and won't be a deserter too soon.

You

>Fuck, I didn't realise it had become that much of a cop out.
Only in the first months, mate. During boot camp, you can give up like a bitch at any moment.
But once you've entered a regiment, you're locked in.

>5 Years of struggle, essentially.
Meaning 5 years of patrolling the street and washing toilets in the regiment buildings?

There is a saying in the FFL that goes:
>The first weapon of a legionnaire is a bucket and a mop

But don't get me wrong, the physical expectation are pretty high.

Every other special forces on the planet

>"French" Foreign Legion

More like Slavic Legion

Any military force that has Jango Fett gets my support

>French best army is made by a bunch of foreigners

The future

>Spetsnaz

You need to understand the difference between a small unit of Special Forces for commando operations, and an Elite corps of an army designed for battlefields.

The last 4 inches of buttstock folds to the left.

I can even begin to describe how fucking autistically gay that is.

If you took into consideration their financing then they are probably in the top ten.

Rapefugee Task Force in combination with Cuckold Intelligence Agency

FFL is just Eastern European criminal circle jerk looking for EU passports...

Are all the people in the "French foreign legion" foreigners or are they actually French?

Vive la France i.4cdn.org/wsg/1491564013177.webm

>surrendered to the surrenderers
I just larft

>FOREIGN legion
>the French can't even man it's own legion
What causes the low-test frenchman?

US Coast Guard Reserves.
/thread

You do realise we have this in our regular army and they work together with the FFL ?

Anyway, the FFL is mostly use to monitor hot zone full of terrorists or civil wars. They don't go against major armies.

sounds awesome

Most FFL are actually french. They give you a fake origin if you're french and choose to join.

There was one.

don't they also give you a new name?

Yes.

Wat? The FFL is a regular French army unit in terms of training standards. They get the same equipment and training as respective units of the French army recruited of citizens. This means it is quite good, esepecially the paratroopers, but not some special-forces tier training. It's basically an option for non-citizens to join the french army first and get citizenship later not a ZOMG COMMANDOS!!11! magic unit

No they don't:
> Jean-Michel Leguin, you are now Russian.
> YES SIR !

Booked a flight to Marseille in a couple of weeks, got rejected by the British Army.

Dosen't look too tough desu

vietnamese rice jungle dudes

does it help to enlist FFL if you have done one year military service in your country? i just want to shoot and kill people

this is my understanding of it.

they're still badass. if i had done things over I would do this.

they're probably more battle tested if they're a monitoring force but that's about it.

No they don't do the same training and don't have the same recruitment tests.

Also it's mandatory to spend 6 months in amazonian forest in French guyana. Regular army don't have to do that (thank god)

Their jungle training in Guyana is pretty batshit.
Also they'll stab the pin to your chest if you finish the training.

FFL recruits people with a physical and written test. They don't care about your past or experience.

It only matters if you wanna be an officer (and you need a lot more than that)

ive heard they have a large influx these days and they can't take everyone. some people travel a long way to be turned back at the gate

fuck I'm out
I could handle anything but jungle
jungle is my nightmare

i am considering joining, but joining the american military seems to have more benefits(free college, healthcare, etc)

could become a european citizen though.

Won't you get free education and healthcare by virtue of their society? Get your degree in a French university

Explain?

i dont want to live in france forever though

why, it's pretty nice

Or I can go to fucking Libya buy a boat and get rescued. then made a citizen.

FFL is pretty much 99% eastern europeans and rest are from civilized european countries like winland.

yes , our KSK . maybe not "stronger" but smarter . the Legion employs loads of Berndbuttheads with muscles but they are not particular smart

What sort of locations did you deploy to?

spend ~10 years there.

5 for your service, ~5 for education and enjoyment

don't have to live there forever; you'd be a dual citizen, no?

touche

French degrees are pretty well considered in the US despite Shangai ranking shitting all over us because our research centers happen to not be inside universities.

>german military
Ah am laffin. You have been downsizing so much that Poland could conquer you.

the SS Landser who fought in Indochina never gave up - they simply stopped fighting and went home , some went to the Legion as mercs . SS never fails - SS is the goldstandard for mil . eff.

No... there's a ton of french people then it's part western, part eastern, 10% africans, 10% arabs, 5% asian

don`t think so

>SS is the goldstandard for mil . eff.
you literally don't know shit about SS
some units were elite
most of SS however was less reliable than Wehrmacht units

I bet Legion is not pussies like any anglo "forces".

This is a great flag.

Both

The French foreign legion only takes non-French citizens because they want a "disposable" army.

If they get slaughtered there won't be a lot of French mothers and fathers demanding answers or accountability from the French government.

my dad was in the Legion.

Too bad they won't accept me because of my tattoos

Hey, that's like the ultimate pathway to citizenship

>love a country so much you would be willing to be cannon fodder

wouldn't be a bad idea to send all the illegals to fight the Norks now that it seems it's the new war in town.

I actually see it differently.

French people are such surrendering cowards that they literally have to hire foreigners to be in their military.

read a book called "mouthful of rocks" if you want an accurate description of the FFL. it's literally a nigger assault force made up of the world's unwanted. saying that i still regret i never joined because they do see more action than most armies. something like 3 out of every 10 legionnaires die in combat action

Yep, if you become french, you'll have free university, free healthcare for you and your children, free education for them... It has perks.

I've spent 2 years in french guiana, great experience.
Have been unlucky for the rest though as I chose a mountain regiment, and my company wasn't deployed for the 2 years and a half remaining. My regiment choice was probably to blame

Always heard Guiana was a more valuable experience than the desert anyway.

>implying that bullpup design is anything
more than pure retardation

Sure, let's design a rifle that adds several seconds to the reload process. What could go wrong during a firefight/CQB?

Also you'll start learning French as soon as you join.

Lucky, I might join after I am done with Uni and/or if Brazil becomes another Venezuela, I heard brazilian soldiers are well regarded in the FFL

R A R E
A
R
E

my family is all the US though

>hitting more shots because the recoil is dampened.
>uses less shots total
>firefight over before needing to reload

Mah but fug bullbub reeeee

>Frances strongest branch consists of non-French
How is this a proud thing for you frogs?

how is life on the islands?

new

these are good perks if you live in france. if you want to live in the US your better of joining the american military

The only military that actually fights people with a bullpup service rifle is The Israelis.

United States Navy fucking SEALS baby!!!!

/thread BTFO JACQUES

How terrifying.

The FFL is a joke. I should know, ive been there.