Why is everything garbage

why is everything today shit
>music is shit
>movies are shit
>books are all shit
>video games are all shit
what the fuck happened? last time things were good was in the 90's, then in the 00's things weren't great but at least they weren't horrible, now in the 10's things are fucking TERRIBLE

what the fuck happened?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q4O6kPgEO74
youtube.com/watch?v=k8io7AHe_U0
youtube.com/watch?v=zYQeLAFhfIQ
youtube.com/watch?v=hj70rtP3lUQ
youtube.com/watch?v=JJkPLYmUyzg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They spend all their money on flashy looking shit instead of investing in a plot line or deeper meaning. It is media designed for idiots because that's what brings in the money.

no you know what, I realized it. I was just sitting on the toilet taking a shit and it came to mind.

now that I have your attention, it's because today you can't be an individual in society. to be an individual is to be a THREAT to everyone's nice boxed vision of the world. there is no more creativity because we're living in the WASTE LAND of everyone wanting to act like they're the kinds of their own lives when we're all filthy peasants. you can't be YOURSELF anymore without being ostracized, ridiculed and REJECTED.

so everyone is too afraid and art suffers, everything suffers. but hey at least our tech is increasing right? at least I can share a photo through my hand held glass screen and my mom can see it on her hand held glass screen, right?

FUCK all this bull shit. it's time people start to wake up, take risks and be themselves. FUCK anyone who says otherwise because they're just mass controlled normies who ruin everything anyway.

we only have this one life and instead of living it we're all in isolated bubbles dying because we're all too scared to even live.

I don't know about you but I've had enough. I'm being myself. fuck what everyone else thinkgs. I'll create my own life and live life having fun.if somebody doesn't understand me, that's their problem not my problem. even if that means I'll be rejected forever, fuck I'd rather be seen as a freak/reject then as a normal miserable pathetic existence.

Fuck u faggot. Every generation goes through this. 20 years from now anons will be posting about how in their day there were good musicians like Taylor Swift and Adele.

We have to start killing.

nah it wasn't like this before retard. even older people admit this who were already adults in the 90's. it's objectively garbage and if you don't want to admit that kill yourself so we don't have to listen to you holding back humanity anymore

No they won't. Shit is objectively worse as OP describes. Now fuck you.

fuck off no we don't, you're retarded

You grew up.

that's just not true, abandon the AAA garbage and discover some new genres

there are a lot of good games coming up

Amen brother.

Wasn't being literal you fucking faggot.

Now join me in the killing fields.

Dunno, desu. I hope WW3 breaks out and I get drafted, die with honor.

Art used to mean working very hard to make your work look as beautiful and aesthetically pleasing as possible.
Modern art replaced that with whatever evokes feelings. It's bad because that means it will have to progressively have to get more and more shocking every decade to keep up with whatever gets people tweeting or whatever. Controversy sells. Weirdness sells. Feel-good social justice sells.
That's why a fat hambeast shitting into a spaghetti-o can and stuffing it into her vagina is "art" because with enough mental gymnastics, you can say it has to do something about feminism.

Also, money laundering.

2007 happened

What are you referring to?

>I'M GOIN IN HOT DAHNLAD

because it isn't about making art or even something that the producers can be proud of

it's about making money

The Great Financial Crisis (GFC) happened ("starting" in 2007) and the western world never truly recovered from it. History will remember this era as the Second Great Depression.

Are you prepared to take this redpill, user? I mean, do you REALLY want to know why? You may not be ready, lad..

Guess who sounds like a grandpa?

Culture is generational and non objective.

People will always romanticise the culture they grew up with.

Guess what? 10 years from now people will make this exact post but refer to today's culture as good.

Nah more like 2008 when the recession hit.

>music is shit
That's where you're wrong. Music bottomed out in the late 00's with (((LMFAO))). As long as world goes on, there will never at any point be a group that compares unfavorably to this colossal uranium mine of shit.

2007 is the year the big chnages were /happening/
>the economy crisis
>iphone released
its hard to explain but that year in mind sticks out as the year things stopped feeling so 'real' and things weren't /comfy/ anymore

can any other anons share stories of that time period

new batch of good video games on the way, no more SJW shit either.

movies are getting better, new season of GoT this year. Series popping up from Netflix (jewish I know) and the like, HBO still making shows.

You watch Into The Badlands yet?

You need to find real music bruv.

youtube.com/watch?v=q4O6kPgEO74

youtube.com/watch?v=k8io7AHe_U0

youtube.com/watch?v=zYQeLAFhfIQ

These are all fuckin money artists. Check em out they are active and making new shit always.

>music is shit because jews want degeneracy - mainstream anything is degeneracy.

I've been working out Dahnald ....

I must object on the music part. 2010's music sucks dick, but the music of the 00's was sucked massive horse dicks. Remember gangsta rap? Normie-tier metal?

your depressed,

Watch this video for le pen

youtube.com/watch?v=hj70rtP3lUQ

tell us you saucy little minx

Too fucking many people + rampant, rabid capitalism.

You are a jew so everything you say is a fucking lie, objectively speaking.

It's called getting older, my friend.

Can't wait for those banks to fail and new ones to pop up and replace them...

Oh.. wait.. Thanks Obama (and probably Bush)

I am giving you easy picks, since I doubt you are anything but a normie.
>music is shit
What about, lets say the newest Sun Kill Moon album?
>movies are shit
Logan is one of the best super hero movies every made by the iluminati.
>books are shit
I agree, but I have read only Lovecrafts and P. Dicks books so....
>video games are shit
New expansion to WoW is lit.

I know that feel OP, It might be depression or something

It's like a jew tournament.

Wtf is sun kill moon

Fucking Logan is cool I guess

Fucking W0w

>Wtf is sun kill moon
normie stays casual amirite?

Juden and communists.

You just have to stop paying attention to mainstream shit. VG taught me this more than anything and I've extended the policy into the rest of my life. I have a powerful computer that can run anything currently and I spend most of my time and money on indie games. They haven't been turned into brainwashing tools yet (at least not all of them) and I find the same is true of most media.

The problem I have is that the PEOPLE are largely shit now. Haven't figured out where the indie market is for them yet, but I'm sure it's out there.

Not an argument but it's fine since your flag and all.

This is probably one of my favorite years for video games so far.

You are just looking in the wrong place.

Also jp animation studios keep making good and interesting stuff each year at a consistent pace.

America has always been an exciting country because of our innovations, invented and so forth, and the Jew has found a way to harness that charismatic spirit for his own purpose. Since about the 90's a plan has been put into action to "dull the edge" of American ingenuity. Since about this time, everything from music to movies, to Science and technology has gone to shit. Why? Because Israel plans to become a "savior" for the world. The next Israeli Prime Minister will unleash "miracle" after miracle, meaning he will release cures for diseases -- even cancer -- and technology that will make us as gods. All of this exists already, but they won't give it to the People unless they know the People will, in return, serve them as willing slaves. Soon you will see demonstration after demonstration of new technology, science and medicine. Don't fall for it, user. It will be entertaining, but don't fall for it.

I am a normie because I don't know some shitty fucking normie band , now I get it ...

movie < Enter The Void - youtube.com/watch?v=JJkPLYmUyzg

fucking SICK movie.

Totally cannot refute that you are a fucking jew.

Because modern creators are shit, they aren't original and they try to mimic creators of the past as a money grab.

Music and film are about formulaic profit grabbing. They makes movies and music they know the most basic of Americans will like. That's why they pimp out so much cape shit and pop music, both of those appeal to children and low functioning adults like we have here and on reddit.

You can blame capitalism.

Because all of entertainment is geared towards women, and women have shit taste

What are you producing that is wonderful? What are you creating that is beautiful? Your complaint is that everything you consume is garbage.

That is your heart tellingyou to grow up and create instead of consumer. Children consume all, adults grow to create all. That is the natural order. Create your own art, your own music, your own everythings, your own children, and you will be satisfied.

There is no joy in a life of consumerism.

Ya he bones his sister.

Yes indeed because if you were a music patrician you would know all the "bands" in the world.

Because you have grown passed the stage in life where you should seek enjoyment from movies and video games, but instead of having a wife and children, or at least a stable girlfriend, you continue to live in a permanent stage of perpetual adolescence in your parents basement where you try to entertain yourself with the same things that amused you when you were 13 instead of trying to improve yourself and answer your soul's craving for a wife and child.

Come on man... it's the jews. You should know that if you're on pol, and everybody that answered here should know too.

They infested music, movies, and books by taking over education. The people who "learn" things in school come out and make this shit but their ideas of beauty, art, etc. are nothing compared to old forms of art.

It's very notable in video games which is why many people say GamerGate caused many people to wake up to what was going on. All of a sudden people were saying our games were totally sexist and then they moved their jewish tendrils in... and now you have Mass Effect Andromeda.

'07 is when Kekbook starting getting big, and it became the dominant reality for a while until being overtaken by other social media. Now we live in a shallow hivemind where individuality is punished, authenticity is ignored, and reality is avoided.

Video games have always been shit. They are literally a BLUE PILL. Just live in a fantasy bubble playing a video game rather than fixing the world or chasing your dreams.

Video games, tv and fast food are all blue pills to distract you goys while society goes to shit and your civil liberties are taken away.

You know I'm right. How much more free time would you have without games and tv? Boredom is a good motivator, you'd do shit just to occupy your time, chasing your goals because otherwise you have nothing to do.

>What happened
It's been a decline to shit for a long time. Now that the Jewish social Marxism program is fully embedded, rarely will any art cross into the mainstream without supporting that agenda.

It'll continue to get worse as we shift away from what "people want" toward what is "equally wanted." With Jews you lose.

Because you have depression. Talk to your GP about it.

I was born in 98 but I remember it was extremely /comfy/ and alot of people were happier. Then when 2007 it all went to shit. Our countries property bubble crashed and that was the end of that.

What are you talking about?

Breath of the Wild, already considered to be one of the greatest games of all time, just came out.

It's pretty much a golden age of animation with western cartoons, what with Adventure Time and Gravity Falls and all.

And we're seeing a lot of great cinema come out lately, like Nolan movies and stuff.

The 2010s have been pretty great, honestly. You just have to avoid letting nostalgia blind you. It's the 2000s that were garbage.

>tfw tried for wife and keep getting whores

>music is shit
not all music is shit, the only issue is that negro culture has taken over pop music and we get a lot of braindead bass amplified "hip-hop"

>movies are shit
people don't want to take risks anymore, they just take known brands and characters and "remix" them, like let batman fight against superman and somehow it turns into the biggest movie of the summer while really the story is devoid of any meaning besides "lmao look at those cool explosions".
People want movies that are easy to digest.

>books are all shit
depends on what you read, stay away from fiction and postmodernism in non-fiction and you will be fine.

I don't play a lot but the ones I did play were phenomenal. Witcher 3, Talos Principle and Metro: Last Light are all A+ games you should play.
Stay away from anything made or published by Activision, EA and Ubisoft.

Legit

BEARENSTEIN

I remember when games were actually compelling and you know.. GAMES

now theyre just playable movies or epileptic shock inducing shooters for the ADHD generation

Sold my Playstation 2 years ago and never looked back

There's a huge difference.

I'm a bit older than most people here, I was a new waver / goth when it was in its gloryful days. Back then the music you listened to was massively different than your parents, you rebelled against something, your generation improved on the previous one.

Now both kids AND their parents listen to Adele, consume the same media, lead their lives the same way, with lots of netflix, take out meals and social media.

You're depressed.

Nostalgia. (((And them))).

> some shitty fucking normie band

Jews, obviously.

You didn't watch cartoons in the 90s did you?

Honestly I love all types of music and it used to be a major hobby of mine and it's objectively fact that the 80's were the worst fucking period for music, hands down. There wasn't even anything underground happening that was interesting, just piles and piles of shit. At least the 00's had lots of indie bands and movements that were pretty talented, and rap started becoming meaningful instead of just "muh dick muh drugs".

The 80's had like... the smiths. That's literally it.

Check out some indie films like the Primer (2004) or Berberian Sound Studio (2012) before you write bullshit about movies again.

break the spirit of humanity

Hows that new kanye album you normie fuck?

>At least the 00's had lots of indie bands and movements that were pretty talented, and rap started becoming meaningful instead of just "muh dick muh drugs".
are you fucking retarded. the 00's are when rap lost all meaning

You have internet now and can check out all the old stuff for free

No goy kanye and migos are very meaningful .

What ass-rocks are you smoking that made you this much of a faggot?

>tfw 3k hours clocked in Dota 2 on Steam
>tfw probably 15k hours clocked in Maplestory from High School through College

>i was born in the wrong generation

((())) happened

gamedev here. I've been working in the industry for 15+ years. In the beginning, artists were ruling production, we could go in a meeting, arms crossed, saying the game was not meeting our quality standards and have the company push back release so we could polish it. Nowadays, artists have no power because the technology has made them easy to replace; since most games aim to have a 'realistic' look, 3d scanners and pbr with texture scanning workflows are the norm. A complaining artist is an out of job artist. And the 'creative' part is put into the hands of people who hate video games, they want to make movies and change the world through the product, so they put their agenda in every time. The HR departments have trainings for networking and relationship management but no training for actual production skills, since they are almost not needed. In the old days, devs were a bunch of angry nerds with misogynistic tendencies who were having a blast making something of value. Now, it's just a job where you try to avoid speaking because of thought police and HR.

Why don't you list some talented bands you fucking mouth breathing retards? They don't exist.

And Kanye and Drake literally saved rap, it was unlistenable beforehand.

So kill the HR whores and the jew publisher, problem solved.

>Back then the music you listened to was massively different than your parents, you rebelled against something, your generation improved on the previous one.
Intergenerational rebellion is a 20th century Jewish construct, not a natural one.

What cartoons did you guys grow up on?

Remember shows like The Angry Beavers, Rocko's Modern Life and Ren & Stimpy that were sort of edgy but in NO WAY would fly today, let alone for pass for children's programming?

>LIEK IF YUU ARE A 90'KID
Sup Forums edition :^)

Low tier trolling faggot.

Man the Angry Beavers were the best. I gotta order those up on DVD or something.

>kanye and drake literally saved rap
10/10 bait, making me respond. I seriously hope this is bait. please for the love of God tell me you are not actually this retarded.

Looks like Degeneracy The Film.

>2010
>great
and
>2000
>garbage
Here's your (¥ou), now fuck off

Instead of focusing on plot, character development, and everything that matters. Producers focus on diversity and being all inclusive.

primer is from 2004, why name a 13 year old movie when we talk about major movies that are released right now being shit.
Berberian Sound Studio is a niche movie, it made 30k$ at the box office, we are talking about major movies and why they are shit.
Same thing with music. I didn't say that all music that is being produced today is shit, just the shit we get on the radio is bad.

You're just depressed, consider suicide

I dont listen to music from kenya

Honestly, the 90s are pretty overrated and people have some massive nostalgia blinders on. I'd say cartoons are even better now than they were in the 90s. You've got Steven Universe, Gravity Falls, MLP, Over the Garden Wall, Loud House, and a whole host of other cartoons out today: they're all some really high quality shows.

Lol yeah basically - What Not To Do - it's pretty wild though.