Sup Forums As a millennial how do you survive financially living alone?

Sup Forums As a millennial how do you survive financially living alone?

I've moved out from parents house, started living alone and really it's difficult.

After I've paid all my bills, there's not much money left for anything else.

So Sup Forums what's your experience in living alone and any helpful advice for someone who is struggling?

Get roommates. The reason they exist is to lower the burden of bills for all parties involved.

Not bad becauseI have an engineering degree and commute from a cheaper cost of living area. Learn to adapt and make yourself valuable

1. Move up in the company
2. Pick a trade or degree that will increase your pay
3. Improve your hobbies(music, art, programming, carpentry, tile work) and start a business where you can sell your products that come from your sacrificing your free time
4. Do side work on Craigslist, or just find time for a second job.

This. Also, stop drinking, smoking and masturbating. Learn a hobby that takes time and patience and can translate to money somehow. Read a shit ton.

Learn how to clip coupons, young faggot.

Where I live, to own your own home, within 1 hour of the central business district, you must...

>Earn at least $100,000+ per year, and have a partner that also earns $100,000+ per year.
>Have wealthy parents who got lucky with investment properties they bought back in the 90s for peanuts which are now worth well over a million dollars each
>Be a millionaire yourself through some kind of business

This is basically why I don't even try anymore. Going on 30. Living the NEET life. I can't spend anymore time slaving away in low paying jobs getting nowhere in life, why do that when I can just be NEET. The only real difference is that I lose the last remaining bits of my dignity, but it's okay, it isn't like I had much to begin with anyway haha.

Also - I have been shamed so much for being a NEET, it's lost all meaning now. I don't even feel guilty about it. People around me gave me so much crap for being a NEET that I don't even care anymore. I don't feel guilty, I don't feel bad, I don't feel anything about it.

There comes a point where the public shame and ridicule just stops working.

My days are spent basically maximizing my body through lifting and eating healthy. I lost control of my status in society, so all I have left to control is my own physical body, which I'm fucking amazing at. I should become a personal trainer, but I don't like people, so that would never work out.

This

Unless you're rich you cannot live alone. That's one of the reasons people get married. If you're not gonna get married get a roommate.

Spend your free time picking up skills on something that's hiring.

I work with outdated software systems so I've started spending an hour or 3 every other night learning Jenkins, AWS, and Maven. Once I have those down I'm picking up more advanced DevOps systems and scripting languages.

Same goes for any trade. Study, practice, comprehend, apply.

Move back in with your parents and become a NEET like me. The world is going to collapse soon anyway so who cares anymore.

I moved across the country to the bay area and jobs here are stupid easy to get and pay a shit ton. I had to uproot my entire life to make this happen but in retrospect, i would do it all again. Im going to be retired by 43.

*retarded

I sell blood plasma once a week for $40 each time. I'm constantly tired, but I'd be homeless if I didn't.

I am employed and was living on my own, but I got injured and that fucked me up financially and now I'm back living at home. It's sucks knowing a simple injury/hospital visit will be enough to send you crawling back to your parents. If only burger land had functioning national healthcare like other places.

Look into jobs that house you for free

>deck hand in the merchant marines
>any job you can get on a cruise ship
>coast guard

You'd die in MA m8. We have so many feel-good Liberals and school/university programs where you can sign up like 6 times a year that they don't pay for blood, they get a surplus for free.

guis were being psyopsed , come discuss

make more money

moved out of parents house in 2013. lived alone for 2.5 years, pretty much saved nothing because i was working shitty jobs that paid 15 dollars an hour

went back to school in 2015 for engineering

now looking at starting salaries of 85k and pretty much not having to worry about money anymore

>have a job
>learn to conserve energy to reduce utilities
>don't live in the hip areas with drastically higher rent costs
>don't do drugs like weed that drain your pocket
>find temporary job gigs online like painting for extra money
>invest

I was blessed with wealthy parents and alot of land.

My parent essentially gave me one of their properties when i graduated college, only problem was all the buildings are 200 years old

>Sup Forums As a millennial how do you survive financially living alone?
You don't, unless you're in a cheap area and/or lucky and/or already talented. The nuclear family and kids moving out at 18 is a modern invention, there's no shame in living at home instead of gorging yourself off of debt.

Dog bless

Congratz on land. If you need some farming advices ... :D

It actually used to be a cranberry bog, been dead for some time now.

Honestly, I would rather live in a tent under a bridge.

you are a Monster.
what do you feed that dog?
loook at his hair.
dude its not shining.
feed him good Food you barbar

Her, and its dusk.

Trust me shes in perfect health

I live off dividends, so I dont really have any advice for you.

You can be autarcic in veg & cereal with a well drained swamp/bog.

It's not blood he's selling, it's plasma. They drain your blood, spin of the plasma in a centrifuge, and then pump what's left back into your body. It's a much larger needle than a simple blood draw, and you are sitting in a chair for like an hour while a machine harvests your liquids. The plasma is then sold to pharmaceutical companies which turn it into clotting factors, and a bunch of other stuff.

This is my thought but what if it doesn't collapse but becomes steadily worse. I'm not too concerned about a career so much as keep my head above the water. Eventually all of us on this board will have to fight to overthrow our governments or live under the boot of (((them))).

what type of engineering did you concentrate on? are you pretty much set for a job or is it still competitive?

embrace it my friend

>After I've paid all my bills, there's not much money left for anything else.

That's real life cupcake.

It's easy you just don't do anything ever besides work or read on the internet. Not even drive, cause if the car breaks down you're fucked

That's how it is for me at least

When you're young it's hard because you suck at life and nobody wants to pay an incompetent child. I'm almost 30 now and it's gotten much easier. Made 60k last year which is very comfortable where I live, and honestly feels baller compared to

What book is he reading? I forget.

Also 60k is still peasant levels... After a house payment, car payment, insurance, ect. you barely have enough to take a vacation once a year.

Dante's Inferno
Not exactly a beach read

yup i work at a warehouse within walking distance while i attend school

all i do is work sleep and read Sup Forums

not that bad really, NEETs whine way too much about some basic labor

Reduce your needs i save up 1,5k to 2k a month and i get paid only 3,8k net per month and that is a low wage in my country. Living alone since 2y now.

Rent, car payment and insurance barely make a dent in my monthly income where I live (medium size city in the South). The median income for millennials is around $30k. I've been there, it's doable, but it sucks. $60k is a whole other level for me. But to NEETs anything less than 7 figures is peasant-tier.

Kek

>get paid 3.8k per month

That is an insane amount of money over here.

48k net isn't insane, just above average (considering high Swiss taxes). Plus medpack COL is much higher

>one vacation a year
This is why you're poor.

if i would have a car & new appartement i would be fucked but i get paid 13 wages + bonus
i can pay my taxes with my 13th wage. COL can be cheap but it really depends how high you want to keep your living standard