Why is it acceptable to politicize science? Like this (((march for science))) bullshit

Why is it acceptable to politicize science? Like this (((march for science))) bullshit.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=52KLGqDSAjo&list=PL82yk73N8eoX-Xobr_TfHsWPfAIyI7VAP&index=1
youtube.com/watch?v=Gh-DNNIUjKU
youtube.com/watch?v=iEPW_P7GVB8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The day you learn that "science" is a meme will be the day you understand many things, my friend.

because pop science is hip and it's easy for liberals to fall back and appeal to authority in arguments by saying "science says so"

It's the new face of leftist propaganda
They couldn't win using logic or brute strength. So now they will use """"""""""science""""""""""" to instantly gratify a leftist victory over rightists because rightists can't comprehend science or some Bullshit like that

Isn't science, well, certain aspects of it at least, inherently political or politicized?

Well, it does have intersection with policy decisions, but I meant waving the word "science" around like it's some kind of argument in itself.

Because it requires direct funding. Your life would be completely different had the moon landing not been funded. An example being the CAT scan, wouldn't have it without the funding of the moon landing.

This is pretty much it. Science is about testing ideas, and theories. Politicizing certain scientific topics usually only hides poorly constructed ideas, and untested theories behind logical fallacies. Hiding behind the bandwagon doesn't prove anything except that the collective can be wrong.

The march happened BECAUSE science is being politicized. Telling researchers to throw out years of data because "MUH CHINEEZ HOKES" is fucking retarded.

kikes and their libshit useful idiots, user. they know white people value truth in investigation, so if they can publish a lie and get it peer reviewed that (((just so happens))) to support their political agenda... see where i'm going with this? also kikes' relentless nepotism. always promote another kike, even if they're wrong. (((einstein))) the plagiarist, anyone?

because dumb burgers need to know their president a shit

Mainstream science is mainstream because it has been peer reviewed over and over to see the same results, the march for science was more due to Trump's lack of knowledge regarding global warming.

Remember that time a scientist who made one of the most important discoveries of the 20th century, and in all of biology, had to sell his Nobel prize because he said disparaging things about niggers?

Extremely. Obama had the CDC report that shined positive light onto gun ownership buried. Good luck getting funding if you attempt to make a meta-study of muh global warming (such studies basically prove that the majority of models are pure shit). Oh and liberals will never discuss any science that disagrees with them, such as economics, or studies in race. Muh science is simply an appeal to authority when it benefits them and "not a real science" when it doesn't.

>he thinks global warming is real

And Politicizing is hurting their cause. Instead of presenting it in a way that makes it difficult to refute, they publicly complain about it. To make matters worse, it also attaches unnecessary, and unrelated ideology to it. Even if they are 100% right, their method is flawed.

>The march happened BECAUSE science is being politicized.
Wait, really? I thought liberals were butthurt about the EPA or something.

funny though how liberals reject science when it doesn't fit their agenda (obesity, transgender, race)

sleep tight dub'ya

>(((march for science))) bullshit.
That isn't even science. Just plain bs.

>women's march
>"what you hate women or something"
>march for science
>"what you hate science or something"

making all the brainwashed sheep take part

Climate change is factually proven though, and it's now a political stance to deny scientific evidence. How do you change denier's minds if facts aren't enough? What's the solution?

Right...

doesnt matter, world is still flat

>Why is it acceptable to politicize science

why not?

Oppenheimer was a communist, and he was arrested for this, he was arrested for his thoughts, absolutely shit

Flood Twitter with real science.

BEHEAD THOSE WHO DO NOT BElieVE IN SCIENCE.

Scientism is a bad problem

haha, rejecting the reality of two genders is denial of science

Leftism as an ideology requires the denial of science.

Republicans are forcing the hands of scientists. Cut funding, cut education, make a weaker American citizen. This is happening because the population is worried we will lose our superiority.

Equatorial zone dwellers confirmed retarded.

>we
gtfo, kike shill

>this is what retarded plebs still believe

its time to take the redpill goy

Instead of trying to convince them climate change is real, argue in favor for promoting as many fields of green energy as possible and letting the free market sort it out through competition.

free market decided that shit years ago. "green" energies are fucking expensive

in a way it is force by using the logical fallacy of appeal to authority

>muhhh genderstudies :(

^^xD

Green energies are more expensive short-term. In the long run, they're much better for the economy.

Significantly increased military spending, which will feed into science. Increased US-based production will lead to increased domestic knowhow.

This is only based on climate "science", nothing else.

if we are trying to be more scientific, why is it wrong to ask about the logistics concerns and time capacity of the holocaust?

I like it. People dont look into things so you need to bring it up alot for them. Keep em informed so the majority actually forms an opinion on something instead of complete ignorance. Something is better then nothing

Man, nobody better tell them about the Manhattan Project.

What do you think the UN/IPCC is? They are 110% political and have been trying to weaponize science.

fuel saving techniques have been getting shelved for decades. the only green energies that see the market are the ones they want you to see

Which is why it's important to raise awareness for climate change and for politicians to stop denying the legitimacy of it.

>Oppenheimer was a communist
> He was arrested for his thoughts

I see nothing wrong with this if his thoughts were wrong

See:

Turnin science into a religion have ben the objective of Freemasonry since the French revolution.

I'm not kidding, look it up. They started by removing Holidays inspired by Catholic Saints and celebrating famous scientists.

Politics = Lying to protect yourself.

Ice cores, satellites, and thermometers don't lie, Exxon does.

But the ironic part is that Exxon depends on climate data more than most industries; preparing rigs and arctic exploration

What is it even about? Science is doing fine. Real science anyway. It's like the religion of our society and they act like it's under attack or something.

Because modern liberalism is based on a progressivist interpretation of science, i.e. scientism.

We passed muh point of no return like 20 years ago senpai

ONLY IN THE SOVIET UNION thats what weere discussing come have a look

So the Chinese are the superior race is what you're saying.

>government spending is inefficient, except this rule magically doesn't apply to military spending.

It really is a cult. None of these people who go on about global warming even know the requisite math to understand the basics of it. All they know is that Bill Nye says it's real (another guy who doesn't know the math involved).

History will likely show this to be the case.

The Chinks do seem to be a lot less susceptible to cuckery compared to Whites.

They don't like actual science. Just government funded "science" of their directed funding. It grows government, easy to incentivize the desired conclusion, and provides an ad hominem that reduces their need to form a coherent argument themselves.

>IQ nationalism
>because none of the other heritable traits matter

It wouldn't have to be if the average person weren't either a retarded bible thumper or liberal "gender is a social construct" idiot.

Facts show it's due to a sun cycle, libnigger.

>durr climate science is all a hoax!
>but s-s-science isn't to be political, why are you marching against me?!

This guy is a perfect example of the problem. Dumb, wrong, and arrogant.

Just troll them with hate facts like the black IQ. Then if they don't accept them ask them why they hate science.

Because their "scientific" arguments aren't cutting it anymore. Any time people see their mantric "evidence-based" label, people are mentally slapping quotation marks around the word "evidence."

Kinda scary when your entire livelihood hangs on a false assumption that people simply no longer buy and you never saw it coming and have no Plan B.

>durrr
wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=52KLGqDSAjo&list=PL82yk73N8eoX-Xobr_TfHsWPfAIyI7VAP&index=1

Science is a medium for pathological narcissists to assert superiority over you by claiming their beliefs are based in objectivity and not faith. There is no belief without faith.

>trump makes political move to defund scientific research
>dude why are you politicizing it by protesting this political move?

He tought that the atom bomb was a mistake.

I can go into my lab and empirically test and show supporting evidence for all the things I learned to achieve my degree in biochemistry. That's not faith, pasta boy.

As everything you are ultimately relying on trust or faith in the originator of the so-called "fact".
Since these institutions are corrupt, dishonest and politically motivated that trust does not exist.

Wasn't the Manhattan Project, in a way, politicizing science? In any case, what does it even mean for it to be "acceptable"? The march happened, there's nothing you can do about that. What you can do, I guess, is influence its effects on policy decisions - like lobbying against bringing identity politics into the relationship between government and science, through quotas or diversity groups or some such bullshit.

Bill Nye the Bachelor Degree Guy

for you global warming shills:
youtube.com/watch?v=Gh-DNNIUjKU

climate science isn't a hoax. Just a fledgling hypothesis that suffered from groupthink and ego. Prematurely puffed up by libtards wanting to give a trophy to Al Gore for losing. Otherwise, a shit tier science that's unfathomably given the same credence as way more established applied sciences. All while escaping actual science burdens such as falsifiability and having predictions match the observed data. Making it more of a 'science' of moving goal posts for fun and profit.

Yes but no lab test can tell you whether it's correct to be a white nationalist or a communist.

Completely irrelevant. If either of those groups are denying a basic and easy to prove scientific principle, they're dumb and their views should be dismissed. If the white nationalist wants to claim that blacks are not the same species as him, he's retarded. If the commie wants to pretend humans don't operate on fitness pressures and game theory, they're all retarded. Simple enough?

Regardless of whether global warming is happening or not the fact that it is so politicized is concerning, coming from someone doing a degree in a STEM field.

It's overwhelmingly backed by 90%+ of the environmental scientists, which is odd considering how young the idea is and how contested it was at the time before it was suddenly just accepted. It has a tonne of funding pushed into it, with several cases of institutions fudging the numbers bigger to get more funding. Often at environmental events you get big wigs and politicians showing up to further push a political agenda.

Environmental regulation is pushed by big companies to use as a beating stick for their competition that can't handle the regulations.

Politically it can be used by the west also as a beating stick against China to try to enforce international law that will hamper their industrial development.

Regardless of whether it is real or not, the overwhelming point to which it is politicized and pushed by groups with special interests raises questions.

>durrr
wrong moron. its real science
see you fucking tool

Geological science begs to differ
youtube.com/watch?v=iEPW_P7GVB8

Ocean is a carbon sink that naturally adjusts to the level of carbon in the atmosphere.
We are coming out of an ice age

> be "scientist"

> accuse people of denying science

> refuses to acknowledge human biodiversity

ishygddt

see the politics is irrelevant and the science is strong.

The left has hijacked science

you memeing the IQ thing is exactly why you morons are so stupid. why aren't you trying to become asian or make american asian if you really believe the chart on superiority of different races?

March for Science!

that was what my wife said before the divorce.
DX heheheheheheheheh

You are wrong boyo, I'm an actual scientist and alarmists are an embarrassment to all real scientific disciplines.

Bill is here to save the world!

The reason the right wing gets labeled more scientifically illiterate is because of things like this. Yes the IQ distribution exists, but when adequate nutrition, education, and healthcare are normalized, the distribution normalizes across the board. You see the first part and never read the second. It makes you look poorly informed because you are.

It's an attempt to portray that science is on the side of liberals. Neither math nor science is on the side of liberals.

>Oppenheimer was a communist
that's not true, is it? I looked up to him as a kid

Science is inherently political. It always has been. You are stupid and this thread is stupid.

>I see nothing wrong with this if his thoughts were wrong
What is the matter with you? Maybe you just wanted some replies but that is fucking insane.

>hey guise IQ differences between the races are environmental
and you're calling us retarded?

DO IT

its a virtue signalling circlejerk

Yes. I am. The distribution goes back to statistically within the margin of error when proper education, nutrition, and healthcare are given to any child in their youth.