Bill Nye is a fraud

I kinda 'liked' Bill Nye cuz nostalgia, but then I was reading his wikipedia page it was pretty empty.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Nye

This man DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A PhD. He has a shit of 'honors' that don't mean anything. He didn't put in the hard 4-7 years it takes to get a PhD, yet he is a respected scientists!?? What makes him qualified as a scientists ? Cuz he had a damn science show ? Seriously ? Why do people look up to him for scientific guidance ? Shit, even Neil Degrasse tTson has more of a qualification than Bill.

I say we start exposing this fake man. Should we try to start a hashtag trend on twitter or something ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_6CtStbaYU0
youtube.com/watch?v=8ACAI_Z7aLMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ACAI_Z7aLM
youtube.com/watch?v=EQXqEAYHudQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

He isn't a scientist, he's "the science guy". He's a travelling 12th grade science professor.

...actually, has he ever claimed otherwise?

applied physics is boring physics

did even like him when i was young

I just don't understand the whole deal of people giving him any respect / say in the scientific community if he's a fucking fraud.

it's like now neil degrass is getting attention. the left dont know what real science is, so they attach themselves to frauds like them

He's not really a fraud as long as he's presenting himself as an educator, which he does

He doesn't have any "say" in the scientific community, whatever that means. He's just a celebrity that does scientific vulgarization like Tyson, he takes actual science and makes it digestible for the masses by stripping it down and doing analogies and stuff.

What "education" does he have if he

1. Doesn't have a PhD nor Masters (which I am pretty sure you need to teach?/be a professor)

2. His Bachelor's was in Mechanical Engineering, but yet here he is 'educating' us on climate change.

At this point it just sounds like he is a man of opinions and spouts them out as fact.

lmao "Tyson" is a boxer you fucking retard. Get your facts straight, I swear to god no wonder everyone thinks this site is a fucking joke. You think some thug ass boxer is some kinda scientist you don't even know his name. Fucking retard

Understanding the scientific research and presenting them in easier to comprehend ways isn't the same as claiming he's personally doing the research.
He just presents the facts that trigger contrarians with a political agenda.

Iron mike has almost the same qualifications as NDT desu. I'd watch Cosmos by mike tyson.

Le atheism guy.

Do NOT fall for this meme.

Unfortunately he's pretty much faded into Bolivian

Mike Tyson? He's got a pretty successful cartoon.

SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL SHILL Shill Nye the Science Guy

Tech/science bloggers also present facts. Doesn't mean they should be an authority on science.

Woops I didn't realize that was still airing. Don't get the Adult Swim channel

>...actually, has he ever claimed otherwise?
Has he ever implied the extent of his knowledge is highschool tier and most people in highschool have the same if not more knowledge of the material world than he does?
He's irrelevant.
But he doesn't present facts anymore. He presents his opinion then rides on the nostalgia train the culture of "trust in science" to rope in followers. He's a hack and he knows it.
No one should be an authority on science. It should be a field free from economic or political influence. Like sports. You have plenty of sports fans who lean different ways on everything, yet the category is free from agenda (as free as one can be).

He's nothing compared to my favorite Physics professor.

"Cattle die, and kinsmen die, and so must one die oneself.
But there is one thing I know which never dies,and that is
the fame of a dead man's deeds."

he is fake, just like the rest of "science!" culture

If you're famous, and no one is around to know it. Are you really famous?

based
it`s good to see a redpilled man

Fun fact: He didn't get the "science guy" gig because of an interest in the natural sciences. He got it on his way out of being a washed up failed comedian.

He made a fucking kids show man, chill.

What, did you watch that shit as an adult thinking you were somehow being revealed the secrets of the universe?

THE EARTH IS ON A TILT MY DUDE

>Into Bolivian

Science man has never even published a single peer reviewed scientific paper. He's basically a clown who reads wikipedia pages to smallbrains and children.

That's exactly the problem you fucking leaf.

>american discovers his favorite TV clown is a TV clown

You are retarded. I am asking why does he get so much credibility/he is a 'scientific man' when all he did was run a TV show.

>This man DOES NOT EVEN HAVE A PhD.

No but, Degrasse is or WAS actually good at science. He just tweets things that make you cringe.

Total pedo

Isn't he an engineer?

Also who gives a fuck, a paper is just a paper. It's the knowledge that counts, you fuckwit.

Everything Bill Nye has said is taught in high schools and non controversial. And what the fuck are you talking about? No one credits Bill Nye for being a scientist, he's an educator people grew up with. Just like how you would respect your mother or favorite sports hero.

I bet you don't get mad when trump talk about climate change being fake despite him having only a bachelor's in economics.

hypocrisy at it's finest

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH NIGER DE GRASSE

MY FAV (((scientist)))

He's called 'The Science Guy', not 'The Scientist'.

>big bang cosmology
>good science

he wouldn't know what a birkeland current looked like if it struck him down in a field

Sesame Street is a children's program that teaches kids how to count. Are you mad at big bird for telling kids about numbers?

Can't believe netflix gave this faggot a show. And they actively shill for him. Got two emails from them this week one about Dear White People, the other about his new show....I want to cancel so bad and rely 100% on my Plex server...

Well then cancel. That's the whole point of a free market.

He's still leagues ahead of Mechanical Engineering Undergraduate Bill Nye.

SHARE BLUE SHILL CRYPTO KIKE
GO BACK TO MURDOCH'S TESTICLES YOU HEBREW KIKE KEK

Big Bird isn't perpetrating himself to be a mathematician.

And Bill Nye isn't perpetrating himself as a scientist.

Typically engineers don't get PhDs. They engineer stuff. Not that did that. when you engineer stuff you don't swtich into TV and global warming shill as a career.

I like watching him go on TV and he just lovs hearing himself tlak and wont shut up when the host wants him to.

youtube.com/watch?v=_6CtStbaYU0

He is literally just repeating carl sagan's meme bull in the maher video but Maher is clearly annoyed.

Same thing in this one youtube.com/watch?v=8ACAI_Z7aLMhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ACAI_Z7aLM

Bill Nye is an actor and comedian before he did any of this science bit.

Oh he certainly is, does he have a disclaimer before his lame show starts letting people know 80% of it will be opinion based?

Then i'm just pirating everything. I already feel like a dick for not paying for Game of Thrones.

When you wear a bow tie and call yourself 'the science guy' most people will assume you have a science background, yes, Americans are this stupid.

You're so mad bro

His new show on Netflix is nothing but a bunch of liberal bullshit. Half of the episodes have nothing to do with real science.

This aircraft mechanic is a bigger fraud.

>opinion based
Huh? did you not go to school? Everything he says is basic high school material.

What? Then do Americans think that their teachers are scientists? What am I missing?

Wtf did you say you spineless cunt? How is he a fraud. PLEASE, I can't wait to hear this.

>He's just an engineer

Like how Graham bell, Wernher von Braun, Nikolai Tesla, Alfred Nobel, Gustave Eiffel, Alfred Nobel, Henry Ford, Ferdinand Porsche, and countless others were "just engineers".

Scientists come up with the theories or laws. Engineers come up with real world applications for those theories. They are like two sides of the same coin, although most major inventions come from engineers as opposed to scientists.

In the UK they have the term "boffin" that applies to describe both scientist and engineers. American equivalent of that is an "egg head", but most Americans cannot even tell the difference between a scientist and an engineer. In movies engineers are labeled scientists because it is easier to generalize them that way.

When the general public think of mad scientists in labs building robots and shit, those are actually engineers. The antiquated term "Rocket Scientist" actually referred to engineers as well.

tl;dr

If a backyard weatherman with no college education can portray themselves as "climate scientists" on fox news, then an Engineer like Bill Nye can be called "a science guy" on national television as well.

Bump, fuck Bill Nye

He embarasses himself for shekels daily. Not even a scientist. A faggot at best.

bill nye is not a scientist and he is definitely not qualified to commend on climate change, show biz twat thats what he is

All those people you name created something revolutionary. Bill Nye is a child's TV show star.

Get a fucking clue leaf and stop sucking off a bow tie wearing faggot padding his bank account.

Oh my god that second video is gold.
I wonder if this guy ever got laid.

Independent if Bill Nye, there are people that may be good at teaching and other people are better at research.

Having a PhD or other titles says nothing about your ability to teach more or less complex stuff to people.

If he is able to teach complex matters in simple terms and by that help the distribution of already established knowledge then it is qualification enough.

Before TV he was an engineer at Boeing. He has respectable credentials compared to Captain Kangaroo and other childrens TV personalities.

0/10

Yea, you just realized you put your foot in your mouth, you dumb nigger.

He doesn't even have a masters. Look at all the idiots with bachelors degrees these days. A bachelors is like a high school diploma.

What a sad little man. You can literally see a man who was once his own person and now has been completely sold out, co opted by stronger richer people. He has no autonomy in his life or work anymore (whatever that was). When Bill Nye shows up, the entire world goes, "oh, ,here comes some leftist-approved (((science)))". If this doesnt indeed bother him to the core of his being then he was a nothing anyway

Holy shit, I just check Arnold's page.
Turns out he didn't hunt an alien in the jungles of south america.
What a fucking fraud.

Are Bachelors as useless in the US as they are in the UK?

But he is not comparable to anyone you have mentioned as a comparison.

Why do you need more knowledge than the stuff you actually teach?

Do you need a Master to teach children how to read?
Where would you draw the line?

If you know something you can tell it other people. Titles don't give you more insight and certainly don't make you a better teacher.

>have a disclaimer before his lame show
Do you need a disclaimer to know when you are watching tv? WTF

I met Gunny.

He is a real good guy.

Are you mentally ill or just stupid ? Arnold doesn't go around acting like an actual fucking terminator. What a horrible comparison.

He blamed ISIS on Climate change.He's a fucking idiot.

most of them, yes.

>But he is not comparable to anyone you have mentioned as a comparison.

nor are 99.9% of other engineers. Most people with Ph.Ds have also failed to change world like those men mentioned above.

The point was that people earlier in the thread were dismissing engineers outright as having nothing to do with science.

>Everything Bill Nye has said is taught in high schools and non controversial.

PhD is a social construct you idiot.

Point taken. You're right. I guess it's more important that he's not really an expert in the fields he talks about, that's what I was saying. But, really it's not really even his field at all (climate science). Sort of how Noam Chomsky speaks on geopolitics and economics but is an expert in linguistics. Carl Sagan was an astronomer, and he spoke on those issues, he didn't talk about gay rights or Palestine, etc.

I need this guy's opinion on evolution

He's sorta right and he did a good job explaining his claim

y u have to be so mad all the time user

And that translates to being a expert on climate change how? You compared him to a list of innovators now you're comparing him to Cpt. Kangaroo. You have zero argument because your stupid ass don't even know what the fuck you're arguing.

Jesus Christ. Is it bring your dumb faggot to Sup Forums day or something?

And pigeons, which he rapes regularly.

He is right though. Nye deals with science at a grade 6 to 8 level, literally copypasta facts from textbooks.

I think I saw him once give an oversimplified explanation of atomic orbitals and valence bond theory (something like the first chapter in a grade 10 textbook).

Even Nye's climate science is at the spoon feeding level. He keeps it simple as fuck for the American TV audience and even this alarms people.

He's actually a professional improve comic. Commies think comedians are philosophers though.

>Bill Nye'
>Tesla
He has a BA in engineering and spent his life an improve comic, kek

you don't say...it took me 5 minutes to figure it out months ago

Did you guys know Steve from blues clues isn't an actual detective?

>implying the Pinkerton Agency isn't behind HWDU

>And that translates to being a expert on climate change how?

He has never claimed to be one. Ever.

He has cited his sources from actual climate scientists. He just repackages existing articles and NASA studies into oversimplified examples and terms that American children can understand.

Cartoons help.

Conservatives didn't give a fuck about Nye until science became unpopular in the aftermath of Al Gore's politicizing of climate change.

>needing a PhD to be smart
this is why the college meme needs to be killed

scientific analogies are top tier cringe
>explaining spacetime
>"imagine you have a balloon with polka dots on it"
How do normies not feel patronized by this shit.

If I ever see him acting like the fedora negro it will break my heart.

because it really is a profound revelation to them, they're that stupid

look at popular online "science" programming with titles like "it's ok to be smart" "smarter everyday" geek chic garbage also at a 5th grade trivia level

Because we aren't stuck reading about how the Whore Mary get impregnated by God (a Jew more likely) and so we use imagery and ,etaphor to understand what goes on around us. Better than using 2000 year old druggie channeling "literature"

Bill nye is nothing more than an actor.
youtube.com/watch?v=EQXqEAYHudQ
He will ABSOLUTELY lose his shit if asked for an autograph. Like calling a hoodrat a nigger losing his shit.

>see post calling out "normies"
>feel struck

you have to go back

Transgenderism is pseudoscience based on word manipulation