Can somebody explain to a retarded American how the French elections work...

Can somebody explain to a retarded American how the French elections work? Like there's an election tomorrow but then there's another election in a few weeks. I don't get it.

If the politicians don't like the first result they need an extra day to fix the result in their favor.

/thread

There are 2 rounds to French elections. The first round, many candidates run. The rules say if the candidate reaches the 50% round, they win outright, however this occurrence is rare. When the first round is done, the 2 candidates with the top 2 votes move on to a final runoff where those two are the only ones on the ballot. Whichever one gets over 50% wins the presidency.

Neat. Thanks for the info.

It's the exact same as ours.

Go here.

Best two goes to the second round

>>It's the exact same as ours.
>>Whichever one gets over 50% wins the presidency

no my dude

what if neither of the two get 50% in the second round?

That is a literal impossibility, they are the only two on the ballot, this isn't the USA election with write-in candidates, that's what the first round is for.

yeah but what if one gets something like 48% and the other gets 47%? Does 48% win?

so wouldn't it be easier to say whoever has more votes?

First election round sounds like the American version of the primaries except they happen all at once. The 2nd round is the real election.

Amerifats are very stupid.

poor guy

H-hola negrito

Okay, let me explain this. You can't subtract two numbers from 100% and have both numbers be less than 50%. That's impossible. There are no third parties in the runoff, there are two people. No one else. Head to head. That's it.

stfu you retards. I already know the one with 48% would win. I was just checking if he knew

So that what common core does to a country?

Thanks common core

You're assuming one will get at least 50% but I'm saying what if neither of them do. Then what?

Then you flunk first grade for not getting basic fucking math. Kill yourself, do not reproduce.

Fucking gringo idiot

This guy has got a point though. How can someone get 50% if there's only like 7 million ppl in the world