Why is this a reliable source?

Whenever creationists and atheists argue, creationists use what is said in the bible as a source, but what the fuck actually made it reliable? Literally just 40 cunts who were probably fucked off their mind talking about some higher power and shit

Other urls found in this thread:

scientificamerican.com/article/15-answers-to-creationist/
youtube.com/watch?v=mkgYgJEH-e4
youtube.com/watch?v=5y2VrDl_4bY
youtube.com/watch?v=DBSIs2bHi5g
youtube.com/watch?v=18gvJwx8VyI
pbs.org/wgbh/aso/databank/entries/dp27bi.html
physicsoftheuniverse.com/scientists_lemaitre.html
badnewsaboutchristianity.com/e00_science.htm
biblegateway.com/
blueletterbible.org/search.cfm
quora.com/What-is-the-most-banned-book-in-history
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Implying that only atheists believe in evolution

Precisely.

Whenever atheists argue, they use a bunch of scientists as their source. But what the fuck made them reliable? Literally just a couple hundred cunts who are probably Leftist shills trying to destroy the nation through subversion.

The bible is not a reliable source, and most intelligent christians believe that the bible is not an inerrant document.

>no viable theory of abiogenesis
>atheists still take it on faith

similar story with universe origin. big bang out of nothing makes no more sense than a god. why atheists think they have an intellectual high ground because of such things is beyond any rational mind

I know there are Christians that believe in evolution, I'm more so talking about the other ones

Just reading what they publish and the countless amounts of reliable evidence that disproves the bible makes them reliable

The Bible is THE Most reliable source, the absolute word of God.

The bible is a book of very deep archetypes.

Science is science, reality is reality, archetypes are archetypes, and yes tautologies are tautologies. I don't get my science from the bible, and I barely get my philosophy from it, but I like it, and I greatly respect the stories in it because they represent the whole of human existence.

SORT
O
R
T

If I were to believe in a god, the idea that one created the big bang is the only one i'd believe, but for know I'm still going to side with physics over "reeee god said let there be heaven and hell reeee"

>reading what they publish
Like?
>reliable evidence that disproves the Bible
Like?

How though, the word of god doesn't mean shit without evidence

Big bang theory was created by a Catholic Priest and does nothing more than continue St. Thomas Aquinas's contingency theorys. Atheists have to swallow that first.

God created light, everything, the "big bang" easily fits into that; both are the same, in that they are believably unbelievable.

>Read some stuff by richard dawkins\
>literally one google search will provide more understandable and better evidence than what the bible says, read this website i found with two clicks scientificamerican.com/article/15-answers-to-creationist/

The evidence is everywhere... you just have to look for it. Don't be deceived, be a good person, search for faith, actually pretty simple really.

Jesus called out all hypocrites (hence why they killed him...) dude would have hung out with people like us... which is the whole point (why he is here to save us...)

The largest problem with creationists is a complete misunderstanding of what the bible is or rather what it is not. It's a collection of books. History, metaphors, poetry, etc. It is not ,however, a purely literal book.

>122389436
>Implying I need to have faith in god to be a good person?

Imo, the abstractions called heaven and hell (two polar opposites, both absolutes. One is totally pure, the other is totally wretched, just like good and evil, Sith/Jedi, Male/Female in druidism, sun/moon, light/darkness.) are symbolic of the choices we as humans have. Just like a devil on one shoulder, and an angel on the other, we all have choices to make, and the results of those choices lead our species down the path of survival, innovation, discovery, etc, or down the path to destruction.

It's quite fitting, senpai. Survival/heaven is permanent, just like destruction/hell. Shit, these are fucking OLD ideas. Monkeys swinging in the trees thought these things, on a subconscious level, that's why they're archetypes.

Read the bible in the context of archetypes, it'll blow your fucking mind. And watch some Jordan Peterson ffs.

Implying being a good person seeds a faith in God.

>Richard Dawkins
Okay so Baby's First Atheist. What else?

>A theory is a well-founded...
Doesn't mean it's true.

>Survival of the fittest actually means...
Has nothing to do with Creation or the Bible

>Microevolution is falsifiable so we'll pretend macro is too!
Very convincing. Very scientific.

>Evolution is NOT losing "adherents"
lol, yes it is.

>Disagreement doesn't mean it's not true!
I agree, but this also has nothing to do with the Bible.

>Monkeys and humans are the same!
Again, nothing to do with the Bible...

>The origin of life remains very much a mystery
Not to Christians it isn't.

>We're gonna gloss over the chance argument.
I can see why they want to pretend this one doesn't exist. Also, nothing to do with the Bible.
Anyway, I'm done with this link. It has nothing to do with the Creation story and only a scientific illiterate would think it has any value at all.

There is no such thing as a "good" atheist. There is "not one of them who does good".

Nonsense. Good people are everywhere, being saved every day... it's literally the whole point.

Heptatic structure and gematria. validate most scriptures. if you can make pi, and E from the scriptures gematria its from God. there are chapters in the bible whose gematria holds the measurements the pyramids of Giza, its pretty interesting stuff. the bible makes scientific statements all the time, you just have to think like him to get anywhere with it. as far as the heptatic structure goes, take a look into it, its basically a finger print of God. I couldn't begin to name all the rules but it goes along trying to write a genealogy, take the number of vowels a multiple of 7, the number of consonant a number of 7, the number of unique words a multiple of 7 and the number of words that are repeated a multiple of 7, the number of nouns a multiple of 7, the number of verbs a multiple of 7. just see if you can do that.

evolution is a dirty jew lie. look up manly p halls argument against Darwinian evolution. in no way shape or form did a lineage of T-rex's evolve into a chicken

The most probable scenario of our current existence is that we are within at least one level of simulation. If we are to also assume that the bible (or at least the core of it) is true it ironically begins to look a little less stupid.

John 1:1
>In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The word is the programming language which God used to create our simulation. The creation took seven days, but it took seven of God's days, not ours. Time in the simulation moves faster and the time/event line from the story actually lines up pretty near perfectly to reality if you view the days as representative as 7 periods of chronological time instead of 7 literal days.

If you read through the bible with the mindset of it actually being a kind of representative manual for a simulation it makes much more sense

Even Richard Dawkins as a scientist isn't fully atheist because no, you cant prove it but you also can't disprove it
youtube.com/watch?v=mkgYgJEH-e4

Atheist's have a much lower definition of what a good person should be.

The Bible is not backed up by faith. It is backed up by credibility and a historical foundation. Also, the amount of censorship the Bible has had to endure for centuries is what gives it huge credibility. No book on earth has endured as much censorship, book bannings, book bond fires, executions for translating/copying/teaching, and imprisonment for possessing it like the Bible.

The Bible has parts that point to scientific accurate knowledge as well. How did ancient desert tribes know this?

>the burden of proof is on you heretics.

Also
Noah's Ark: found youtube.com/watch?v=5y2VrDl_4bY

Sodom and Gomorrah: found youtube.com/watch?v=DBSIs2bHi5g

Mount Sinai: found youtube.com/watch?v=18gvJwx8VyI

Not to mention the egyptian chariots in the red sea. It all checks out. All of it.

Atheists, Christians, Jews, etc... these labels still do not define if you are truly good or not.

First one is literally wrong you fucktard. The ancient greeks knew that the earth was a sphere.

internal consistency is the main reason why the old scholars took it seriously

this is the sort of thing you have to spend time on to confirm

>Big bang theory was created by a Catholic Priest

Who told you that garbage? Conservapedia? It was created by a godless Russian.

"Another scientist, Soviet Aleksandr Friedmann, had come to the same conclusion independently, a few years earlier."

pbs.org/wgbh/aso/databank/entries/dp27bi.html

Actually it's on whoever makes the claim

Just because a man with a degree wears a white coat doesn't mean he is trustworthy. Scientist are people too. They can be: bought, bullied, blackmailed, corrupted, bribed, and negotiated with. Pic VERY RELATED. This is what we are going through today with modern-day vaccines and GMO's.

basically the bibe and several scriptures from ALL the mythologies can be proven to be written outsife of our space and time, and you can prove it when the scriptures write history before it happens, islam was predicted in Hindu scriptures, and the bible, and daniel 11 fits the description of Alexanders conquest, and the shattering of his empire into 4 pieces that historians argue that the chapter was written after alexander the great's empire broke apart.

the bible supports a geocentric astronomy. the bible clearly states that the earth is completely immovable, plato and aristole supported a geocentric stationary earth. the bible says the earth is fixed upon pillars. look up heliocentric astronomy vs geocentric astronomy, the bible does not support the heliocentric model.

Genesis also says that vegetation came before the Sun, moon, and stars.

fuck off you stupid leaf, the greeks thought the earth was stationary, and at the center of the universe. the flat earth question is not a question of a flat or round earth. its a question of geocentric model, a stationary earth in the center of the universe, vs the heliocentric model of a random speck of dust flying through space following an overwhelmingly large sun. the greeks also had a story of Icarus getting hit by the sun, one I'm inclined to believe. both of you have a fallacious idea of how bad everything is. they thought it was a sphere because they COUNTED THE FIRMAMENT AS PART OF THE PLANET.

Yes, but how did these desert nomads who just came out as brick layers for their Egyptian masters know this?

> internal consistency

>the bible supports a geocentric astronomy. the bible clearly states that the earth is completely immovable, plato and aristole supported a geocentric stationary earth. the bible says the earth is fixed upon pillars. look up heliocentric astronomy vs geocentric astronomy, the bible does not support the heliocentric model.
>Genesis also says that vegetation came before the Sun, moon, and stars.

Show me those verses

physicsoftheuniverse.com/scientists_lemaitre.html

Does it upset you that not all religious people are against science?

>the bible is not an inerrant document.
non-christian detected

Hmm, pushing an atheism/Christianity dichotomy, who could be behind this post?

badnewsaboutchristianity.com/e00_science.htm

Chr*stcucks destroyed!

Fuck off kikes

Jesus is the Christ and you murdered Him you bloodthirsty demons.

i believe

>how did the assraping go at the synagogue today shlomo?

Oh boy, here we go
Those scientific sources have to have strong evidence supporting it. I will admit it has some flaws sometimes (see Bogdanoffs) but it is far more reliable than one book where snakes and donkeys talk.
We don't know how big bang started, but it has good evidence supporting it did happen. Creationism opens just additional problems like who created the creator and you go ad infinitum for that one.
This. Neither the big bang theory nor evolution deny the existance of god. It just proves creationism is silly.
Shit-spouting like yours created Atheism+, people ascribe all of their ideas to me because of people like you. Fuck you.
Bible is as reliable as Mahabharata or Quran or Edda or any other shit. It's just piece of literature.
Funny thing is there are tens of thousands religions in the world, and all they have in common is claiming that their one's is the right one and their book is absolute truth.

Bible may be reliable, but testimonies in it are not. For example - christian scholars believe that at least 10 people could not lie about witnessing Jesus ressurection, and die for that lie. Why not? Faith is something that causes suicides in the name of it. Being a martyr is something good for fanatic. So obviously ten or even more people can lie only to become martyrs...

As a Christian, you shouldn't use the Bible to beat atheists. Partially because it's so fucking easy to beat them that you shouldn't need to resort to faith arguments in the first place.

Of course that for creationist evolution or big bang is not an obstacle, but with every of such confirmed theory their God must retreat a bit more far, which could lead him into "deus otiousus" term, which means "god of laziness" - because he was not neccessary for anything that exists...

You should have read my source. It proves your source completely wrong. Anyway your entire point is meaningless. Neither of them could prove it. Hubble did. That's why Hubble is famous and your guy is not.

look it up on genesis yourself, it clearly states vegetation came before the Sun, Moon, and Stars

>immovable earth

1 Chronicles 16:30

30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.

Psalm 93:1
The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.

Psalm 96:10
10 Say among the heathen that the Lord reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.

Psalm 104:5
Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.

>Bible is as reliable as Mahabharata or Quran or Edda or any other shit. It's just piece of literature.
>Funny thing is there are tens of thousands religions in the world, and all they have in common is claiming that their one's is the right one and their book is absolute truth.

Already answered here The Bible is unique and stands out. Where did this nomadic desert tribe fresh out of brick laying for Egyptian slavers get this advanced knowledge from? No book on earth has endured as much censorship, book banning, book bond fires, executions for translating/copying/teaching, and imprisonment for possessing it like the Bible. For centuries, any translator, teacher, and copyist was imprisoned or executed. Thousands died for this book. What was so important that it was worth dying for? What was so important that it was worth MURDERING for? No other religious literature suffered such censorship and martyrdom.

>1 Chronicles 16:30

As usual, whenever a Bible critic wishes to make a point the use a faulty translation. The correct rendering is like this:

>CSB let the whole earth tremble before him. The world is firmly established; it cannot be shaken.

>CEB Tremble before him, all the earth! Yes, he set the world firmly in place; it won’t be shaken.

>NWT Be in severe pains on account of him, all [YOU people of] the earth!
Also the productive land is firmly established:
Never will it be made to totter.

The general idea is not that the Earth doesn't move but it will never be destabilized. Same with these verses:

>NWT Jehovah himself has become king!
With eminence he is clothed; Jehovah is clothed—with strength he has girded himself.
The productive land also becomes firmly established so that it cannot be made to totter.

>NIVUK The Lord reigns, he is robed in majesty; the Lord is robed in majesty and armed with strength; indeed, the world is established, firm and secure.

>NIRV The Lord rules. He puts on majesty as if it were clothes. The Lord puts on majesty and strength. Indeed, the world has been set in place. It is firm and secure.

>NIV The Lord reigns, he is robed in majesty; the Lord is robed in majesty and armed with strength; indeed, the world is established, firm and secure.

Wherever you got these verses from they were done by using faulty translations. Here are some tools to help you:

>biblegateway.com/
>blueletterbible.org/search.cfm

>30 Fear before him, all the earth: the world also shall be stable, that it be not moved.
Its not about motion, but that it shall stand firm against the enemy.

>The Lord reigneth, he is clothed with majesty; the Lord is clothed with strength, wherewith he hath girded himself: the world also is stablished, that it cannot be moved.
World as the universe. view first line

>10 Say among the heathen that the Lord reigneth: the world also shall be established that it shall not be moved: he shall judge the people righteously.
same as second

>Who laid the foundations of the earth, that it should not be removed for ever.
same as first

The Bible is the working of the false god, Yahweh and the corrupted hand of man. Also... jews.

The "true god" despises Yahweh, and exists as a universal consciousness. He is also *you.* Christians need to go back to their Gnostic roots.

its fabricated .

I fuckin LOVE LSD.

>The bible is not a reliable source, and most intelligent christians believe that the bible is not an inerrant document.
Fuck off kike.

But the universe is expanding. It's moving...

Mohammed deepthroats fat pig chode in Hell.

>The Bible isn't true folks lel

Wow, never heard anyone say that before OP. You some kind of genius or something?

>countless amounts of reliable evidence that disproves the bible

Citations please

The Bible codes are real, and OP will have no answer to them. I also encourage you to check out the prophecy concerning the creation of Israel by Daniel in ezekiel

BTW if some user that linked me that synagogue of satan video thanks. It helped me realize a few things. One I now have some mind fuck material to fuck all the Christians in my family maybe Ill get them to stop believing in the chosen people. Second the bible is full of cucks and race mixing pieces of shit. The video where the pastor talked about how race mixing was the normal Josephs second wife was a fucking Ethiopian. Yeah basically saying that we should all BLAND UP BECAUSE OF MUH JEBUS.

The second answer covers your claim here: quora.com/What-is-the-most-banned-book-in-history
It was banned during in Roman empire until Milano edict, under communism and is banned in muzzie countries BUT the biggest censorship came from Catholic church itself because it was illegal to even translate the Bible.
Mein Kampf and Satanic Verses are also banned in many countries, it doesn't mean they are absolute truth.

didn't I tell you to look at the first explanation?
I don't know about other translations, but in our translations it isn't translated as non-motion, but rather to stand firm. which implies to stand against enemy (Lucifer and fallen)

strawman harder, OP, nobody's heard this argument before

Because Protestants believe that the Bible is truth unto itself. But that is an Islamic idea. Most Protestants essentially worship the Bible as God.

Real Christians know that the Bible is a witness to truth, but through an imperfect human lens. The only perfect truth is Jesus Christ.

It was illegal to translate because they knew that plebs are incapable of interpreting it correctly without guidance. Of course, 60,000 Protestant denominations later, they were right.

OP the "Bible" is a collection of books. The books comprising the bible vary from sect to sect. Each one of those books is more often than not a mash-up of other books. Most of the books were not written by a single author and most of the books were not written by the person whose name it is traditionally claimed to have been written by. Many of the books and stories contradict each other. Many of the stories in the books are demonstrably fiction.
In short, the Bible is not a reliable sauce for anything.

It's not.
That's why they're arguing.