Is buying luxury goods red or blue pilled?

seems like a capitalist idea but I want to know Sup Forums's thoughts

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodity_fetishism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>blue pilled

Jews scam you out of your precious shekels for shiny toys to increase their power..

I don't think there are many Jews working at Rolex or Mercedes for that matter.

What if you can afford it because you're a bourgeoisie piece of shit and it's nothing to your bottom line? genuine question

being wasteful is bluepilled

Oh child...

Can go either way. Spend your money on land, big durable luxury trucks, guns, a nice house with a nice kitchen, nice boots etc. Generally anything that improves your connection with the natural world. Jews buy fancy art and (((condominiums)))

It's ok to treat yourself user, just don't get too warped in that mentality.

you germans wasted your country. I'd say thats pretty bluepilled. also pic related, you krauts make the best watch

I think this is the most reasonable post

A rolex for example is well known for holding its value. I can sell mine for more than what I bought it at new.

Personality, I don't like the idea of being mentality slave to certain product like iPhones that break easily.

it depends, if I had like 20 000€ to spend on something, I'd rather buy a telescope or some cool shit
not a fucking gay watch

Very nice user.

>Rolex
>Buy into the marketing
Blue pilled, red pilled is when buying a good brand like JLC and Zenith that is way better with lower or same price

Ive had this same conversation a few times

It's obviously bluepilled unless it's fabricated in your country.

nice piece user. I was just looking at the ExII thinking of a possible trade in someday. Got mine on a rubber strap now for the summer

Buying antiques = Red Pilled
Buying Shineys = Blue Pilled
Buying Rolexes = Nigger tier

Rolex is the best bang for your buck if you're looking for an in-house movement. JLC is not something I can afford right now. And Zenith is pretty meh

Feel free to shitpost on our Sup Forums watch threads about watches. Always nice to have more Rolex owners.

Only rule is to shitpost heavily about how terrible cheap watches are.

If you're paying only for the sake of wearing a brand name, you're blue pilled as fuck.

this is not a conversation for you muhammad, im pretty sure your leader baghdadi wheres an aqua terra

didn't know about this. Thanks user

(((luxury goods)))

Dude a steel reverso is about 8k right now, if you can afford a rolex, i'm pretty sure you can afford a steel reverso.
The only thing from Zenith that worth buying is a El Primero, although their pilot line is pretty tempting, being planning to purchase this bad boy.

a rolex takes a year to make and can last generations, its nice to have things to pass down to your children, that's the reason for getting someone that is high quality made by a craftsman, anyone on here saying owning a rolex is "jew" , is a brokefag.

That pilot I really like. good luck with your purchase

They look really good in photos until you see the shitty, constant green glow of luminova in real life that makes it clear that the "tritium" paint isn't real. I can't even buy superluminova-dialed watches, they just don't look right.

>anyone on here saying owning a rolex is "jew" , is a brokefag.

this

Oy vey I hit a nerv. You're looking for /fag/, /biz/ and /lgbt/. Consumerism is cancerous.

This is not politics.

Rolex is a good brand though. However, yes, their massive popularity is from marketing, JLC is better for the price.

Zenith, while good, is not.

watch is the only real luxury a man should should have t.b.h f.a.m

Literally the "I am a pleb, and I just made some money" watch. I wear a Casio, and I look down on these people.

>buying a mechanical watch in the age where chinese $1 watches are more precise

Why tho?

How much of a pawn do you have to be to pay a lot of money for something that is not worth it?

You are just giving away your income and riches to someone else who know the value of it better.

Yes, every man should have a good wrist watch, $5000 minimum.

no swedes please

Rolex makes about 1,000,000 watches per year. A lot of the production is on machines. Don't buy into that "year to make" thing.

Nevertheless, they make a great product, that will last as long as the owner takes care of it.

why do you think JLC is better?

Just like every real man should give the De Beers 2 months of work to prove that he is a man, right?

Rolex, Lamborghini, these are the same things with the same beta manipulation, except it's not about diamond rings this time.

They make some amazing pieces. flagship of richemont

Rolex is a good watch brand for what i considered an overprice brand. The only thing i hate about them is how much they're appeared to plebs, it's just a "You got a raise, now buy a watch" brand nowaday

no, rolex clearly is not the best 'bang for buck', rolex is splurge league. orient is best buck for money, followed by seiko and the like.

no they're hand assembled, the case obviously is machined

lives in brazil, rolex costs more than his house, mad.

I agree it's annoying how plebs look at rolex. But I didn't want to shell out for a blancpain as my first real watch. Maybe in a couple years

Why buy a Benz when a Corolla will get you there all the same?

Yeah, luxo mechanical watches aren't worth it pragmatically, but they're cool.

Who /poorfag/ here?

My nigga, this watch but with steel case, one of my first watch.

expensive watches are 200% bluepilled as fuck. It's literally just male jewelry, sold by Jewry. It's no different than paying fucktons of money for diamonds, even though diamonds have no intrinsic value and are only expensive because the jews who control the diamond mines sit on kilotons of them and only leak out a few each year to keep scarcity high.

Stop spending money on worthless bullshit.

men buying jewelry is pretty gay desu

Not sure if shill or just the goodest of goys

here. I just joined watchgang. Did I get ripped off?

orient mako right here. great brand.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commodity_fetishism

About time you cunts fucked off and stop being poor aye.

>y-you're just poor!
Having extra money is no excuse for spending it on pointless bullshit.

I could just as easily pay for that iphone app that costs $1,000 just to have a stupid message that says you have the app. A pointless waste of money is still a pointless waste of money. It doesn't matter if you have the money for it or not.

Yeah but you're a gay cunt

go get some earings that matches your watch faggot

pic

lel

Your bantz are weak, Bruce. No wonder the Leafs overtook you guys in shitposting.

>checked

Finger watch?

he's right
shiny toys for good goys.

Here

Oh please, I'm just fucking around.

Watches, especially automatic mechanical watches are things of beauty, I'm willing to pay upwards of $50,000 for such lovely items.

beyond blue pilled, maybe like baby blue or sky blue pilled

This is now a watch thread

Lol at people who justify high end watches by saying they appreciate in value. Almost NO watches will appreciate in value, and certainly your 2017 Submariner randomly chosen from your shitty local jewellery store's available stock will NEVER appreciate in value.

Having said that, the craftsmanship that goes into watches is immense. Even Rolex as a "commodity" premium brand still put enormous research into creating new products.

Until my NEET days are over I'll have to stick with Seiko 5s and so on, but anybody who can afford a high end watch should go for it.

The same goes for shoes and clothes and so on. Be warned that you'll only impress guys with this high end swag. If you want to impress qts then stick to giant golden Invictas.

>archieluxury
top lel

>1 oris
>1 submariner
>1 panerai
>2 IWCs
>1 tissot

I think a good collection

you can get them for like $20 from guangzhou

Is a gay cunt just a dyke?

Nice Panerai

Oy vey, make sure to spend at least 6 million on a watch or you're an antiseemite!

>in the current economy work translates into money
>look i found a shiny rock while digging and i will give it to you for the equivalent worth of a few thousand people working for one full year
yeah, seems an efficient use of the limited time we have on this planet
fuck the betterment of humanity
fuck exploring space
fuck understanding nature

letting other people decide what you're entitled is the essence of communism milkbag

>122432953
I just think its nice to have something I can leave to my children
I still have my great grandfathers gold pocket watch

>is getting jewwed redpill??!!111

r u serious m8

Buying luxuries is redpilled when you understand and accept you are overpaying to support the artistry in question.

Look at your phone user, just saved you money.

is the submariner considered aesthetic/stylish to wear or is it considered old?

> paying 5-10 grand for a watch that cost 200 tops including labour to produce
> redpilled

Fuck off shlomo, it's bluepilled af to recklessly spend money instead of correctly investing it. As a general rule of thumb you should never own a watch that costs more than your weekly paycheck and you should never drive a car which costs more than a quarter of your yearly salary. Invest in stuff that is actually of good use to you, don't go broke buying shiny trinkets to fool people into thinking you have money you dont.

if u have disposable income nothing wrong with it