youtube.com/watch?v=MfP59IqZz9o
youtube.com/watch?v=gDTZNYV6WOM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed_city
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

meme ban

Future eldorado of untapped resources when the planet warms

Election hacking

do you see it

Nuke tests and supposedly mammoths still live there.

Bump for interesting thread.

youtube.com/watch?v=t0BJcOWlse4

no niggers to be seen in thousands of kilometers

>Nuke tests
yeah, aren't many of their rivers radioactive now and people can't live near them or swim in them since they are at such a high risk of getting cancer?

Nothing until we figure out how to terraform it.

>people can't live near them or swim in them since they are at such a high risk of getting cancer?

it's just like Sup Forums

Rape

That's a big'un.

Mostly small villages with big cities.
Alot of variety of mongols and free stuff from china and japan.

undescovered civilizations of sentient bears
UFO crash sites
access to the hollow earth

Underrated

Not at all. The tests were usually conducted in very uninhabitat places, far away from rivers (in Siberia, or RSFSR at least. Not sure about Kazakhstan doe)
But yes, we have a lake of death. If you swim in it, you will very likely die in a month or less. I love radioactivity.

Also literally every road and every residency in that entire region looks like this. I'm not joking. Use google street view to view the few streets that have been mapped in those areas. It's insane.

explain?

thats how it looks like in the european part of Russia as well, outside of St.Petersburg or Moscow

a big fish?
wow, only in Russia

srsly what am I looking at here?

hundreds of hidden ICBM launch sites and multiple ICBM trains that run 24/7 capable of launching their load any second while in motion.

my father lost his leg to cold or some freak acciden there during military service (he never talks about what happened in Sverdlovsk oblast).
his shinbone is buried there.

this

youtube.com/watch?v=Wuf9mY-AvXA

Slavic Australia

Russification
Not true

90% of the world's oxygen is made...

looks like everywhere in europe out of whatever city

I grew up in a place like this. Was comfy AF. Russian rural life is good maybe I'll go back to it some day.

Rare species we've never discovered, probably some we thought were extinct. Maybe some look like monsters? Would like to go on an expidition there.
A few military bases. Maybe some white or asian tribes that have never seen people from the outside world like those ones in South America. maybe they're stuck back in the bronze age living like before.
An American guy roams around eating snakes and tranqualizing Russian guys.

As far as I am aware, it's less radioactivity from nukes and more industrial pollution. Google Noril'sk.

>ywn never live at a Siberian mining town that isn't accessible by roads
JDIMSA!

Pic related, pop. 600, Igarka, 25km north of Norilsk.

maybe in the 2nd/3rd world m8

I'd love to travel through Siberia or even live in there. I bet if I just went and built a fucking house somewhere in there none would notice or care

Ask your dad what happend again, get him drunk. My friends dad served in russia on conscription he used to speak of tunnels so massive trees were growing inside them and trucks carrying military equipment transversed them freely. He was never told where in Russia were they and never knew the capabilities of the complex they were in.

This seems innacurate. Are those numbers in thousands?

No-one lived there

Even we don't have a clue. Probably forgotten post-soviet military bases and stuff like that: danilatkachenko.com/projects/restricted-areas/

There are also actual ghost towns in Siberia like Kadykchan that depopulated/was abandoned after Soviet Union fell. It's near the "Kolyma highway" which is like 2000km+ highway, far east

Or what about pic related? Tiksi? I think it's like 1300km away from the closest fucking city

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiksi

Nothing.
Now ignore reports of unexplained massive explosions, weird aircraft sightings and huge holes in the ground

This is where it's located.

>I bet if I just went and built a fucking house somewhere in there none would notice or care
Russian gov encourages people to buy property there and funds them
too bad you are not russian

Our ancestral grounds. Currently leased to Russia.

>yfw Norislk.
>yfw the fucking factories just literally leak their wastes on the rivers and rivers are funny colored

>If you swim in it, you will very likely die in a month or less
Can I get a visa?

Comfy happens

youtube.com/watch?v=MfP59IqZz9o

Norilsk also got some massive fucking winds

It looks like south-east Ohio desu. Including the backwards letters.

Mongols and shit.

Another photo

Permafrost.

Guess why no one buys it
The land is bad as fuck to raise crops or anything. Back in the soviet times the government used to make actual and political prisoners break the soil till lots of them dropped dead. You'll simply need too much resources to survive there

$350 monthly wage is considered great outside of big cities

Jesus Christ I have to go there. I bet they won't let regular tourists go that far.

>leaf education

c-comfy?

battle royal tournements.

rare pepe

SNOWING
SOME ICE
MORE SNOW
OCCASIONAL RICH CYKA
BUT MOSTLY GOPNIK SLAV LIKE BORIS
OPPA

But mostly gulags and woodlands, apparently.

H O L L O W
O
L
L
O
W

The way you access Tiksi is by a 1300 kilometer river if I've understood it correctly or by a plane.

There are either no roads or the road that lead there got discontinued or something the last time I read about Tiksi.

Travelling through Siberia would be amazing.

holy shit that is comfy

Lived in a place like this once it's 100000000000% /comfy/.

SNAKE?

cheeki breeki happens

If I had a million dollars I would spend it all on massive explorations of the arctic while normal people would probably go to a tropical island. Maybe it's an ancestral homeland calling to me.

disproportionately high HIV and drug addiction rates.

Looks like every post-soviet country, even european ones

unfortunately the permafrost is melting in this area, billions of mosquitoes and deceases break out everywhere

Heh, shame that some of the towns are closed off from foreigners like Norilsk which is the northernmost city of 200,000+ people.

if you had a million dollars and went to backwaterfuckistan in russia you wouldn't come back alive. kidnapping and murder once the ransom comes in.

The Siberian Cauldrons story is also pretty good to read.
Who knows what russia is doing back there.

Russians in Siberia

youtube.com/watch?v=gDTZNYV6WOM

the mosquitoes have been a bane of Siberia since ever

The people living there used to execute thiefs by tying them naked to a tree with a rope for a night. The next morning the man was usually found dead - eaten by mosquitoes. If he was alive they let him free.

Later cossacks learned this from them and used themselves.

fucking Mongolians waiting for next horde!!

Picture related.

great things if global warming ever happens

whatever litel Sweden:)

If global warming happens all the Siberia will melt and turn into a swamp size of Atlantic ocean. It would be unaccessable untill other global cooling.

No...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Closed_city

Not in western europe m8

Novaya Zemlya was used as an airforce/nuclear testing base through out most of the cold war.

Trips

Norilsj got some mine

Nothing

Swamps bigger than Europe, with mummies of ancient tribes in it, taiga, used rockets parts fall in these areas which are toxic af because of fuel, taiga, abandoned secret soviet labs, cities that are not located on the map, called something like Chelyabisk-14 with nuclear manufacturing.

nightmare
I could never sleep knowing there is a big hole next to me

>you will never experience COMMUNISM AESTHETICS of Norilsk

dyatlov pass.

google it, you cunts will shit bricks.

also, if you're looking for more spooky, this time straya related.....google black mtn queensland.

>no camping allowed
>people vanishing there since aboriginal times

Commie blocks have to be painted stupid bright colours because their environment has no natural colours and is depressing as fuck.

And so that Norilsk could move its mining products away, the USSR, Russia - whatever formed a coastal town 100km west of it named Dudinka

This basically exists as a port for Norilsk.

Also Tunguska, artificial nuclear lakes

Not to mention the woods of Yakutia, where the real scary stuff happens

Krokodil