>rinse and repeat

Other urls found in this thread:

publicbankinginstitute.org/intro_to_public_banking
ilsr.org/rule/bank-of-north-dakota-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

unions.

Jews

this.
Drag out construction, jobs for the boys at blown out rates. Govt will pay, who cares.
Same here in Aust user, fucking frustrating

There are lots of non-union contractors though, it's in large part a problem because the US government just absolutely sucks at infrastructure and apparently even with federalized subsets and delegation can't effectively manage or plan or do these things.

Literally happening now

Government thinks it's a waste of time and money

Funny way of spelling Mexicans

>There are lots of non-union contractors though
nah man. many areas that have unions, require they are given specific work.

for example in nyc, bridge work and high-rise buildings are union only. If a cheaper, faster working group can go on site, but anyone union based will stop working and shut the site down postponing construction. Also because they showed up, they still get full pay.

Government run and funded.

>mfw a crackhead took down a section of a bridge here in Atlanta
>mfw a section of 85E buckled and a motorcyclist was flung into the air
>mfw a sinkhole opened a few blocks away from where I work

This.
We've gotten this idiotic idea through our heads that any government spending at all harms the economy, courtesy of Ayn "The Meme" Rand. Ergo, fixing public property seems like a bad idea.

I work around the country and have some anecdotal evidence in this area

my rule is: the higher the state income tax is, the worse the roads

worst roads: California and New York. By far

I'm originally from NY and there are sections of road I've seen been under "construction" since the 80s.

I have a home in Nevada though, and the roads there are generally in good shape. In fact they do construction overnight so as to impact things the least. My house is in Summerlin, however, so It might not be fair to judge.

Still, no income tax states seem to have the best roads. Arizona and Texas included.

LESS MONEY FOR GOV'T EQUALS BETTER SERVICE

it's so much more than this. meme answer

I live in San Antonio. It really is shit. They have been trying to make a highway system that connects with others to make it easier for traffic. Thing is they've been doing this shit since 2012 or 2013. It's already 2017 and they still aren't fucking finished. Probably won't be done till 2019

Florida also have has 10/10 highways. Speed limits are a little too low for me, though. I wish it was 75 or 80, like you see in the Western states

>281
Worst """""highway""""" ever

It's fine it my city

Eight years of Obama.

This is only a portion of it. It's unions + city politicians who skim off the tax budget to fund their million and sometimes billion dollar retirement.

They did it in Japan, they did it in the UK, and they'll do it here too.

>but how can we solve this problem?
Follow the money and remove every single person up the chain of dollars to the top.

Fuck 281. I hate that piece of shit

My cousin lives in Bulverde. Dunno how he commutes to downtown every day and doesn't just fucking move.

>worst roads: California
This. Cali has awful infrastructure. Close down 4 lanes on a main street for a month just to fill a pothole.

>spend 3 years building on\off ramps to highway
>Both the highway and road have been there for ages
>All they had had to do was build 2 fucking ramps
>3 God damn fucking years

Got to love crook county, IL

it's the main reason

it takes 6 men to do the work of one man because of "specialization" and separation of job duties

while 1 man works the other 5 stand and watch until it's their turn to do their thing (which could easily be taught to any of the others) so construction companies have to charge 5x the price of what a job should cost and it all comes back on the consumer which in this case is the government which comes back on the taxpayer

You voted in the neptostim party. Get ready for even more 50 days to fix a pothole and the contractor who is the senator's buddy gets 10 billion from the government to fix a single pothole.

idiots never learn.

You live in California? They don't fix the roads

oh they do kid, they just give the contracts to their freinds for bloated amounts of dollars, which then they get kickbacks from that money.

How come they builders of your picture didnt have to account for the earths curvature, OP?! Might it be... dare i say it... flat?

same shit where i live and private company comes in and builds a walmart super center in 4 months. its mind blowing

you are like little baby
>lane extension on under 1 mile of road near highway ramps
>7 years

So much this, id be earning double what I do right now if I were on an EBA contract site, it really is fucking wrong. Im a sparky

government decides who gets the contracts to fix roads

they give it to their friends for an overpriced amount and get some of that money back when their friends donate to their campaign

then they take forever to do the job to get even more money out of the government

meanwhile walmart doesn't have that sort of relationship with conractors, so they just want the job done fast for proper money.

Not the fucking uninons it's the big wigs u shit.

Everything is flat, there is no such thing as a three dimensional space, you retard.

In union only job contracts this is an issue.
I work at a non-union barebones crew. We do work city employed workers won't, faster and cheaper.
Those people standing around are often at least one engineer for the job and one engineer that test the integrity of the work being done, and then a safety person who keeps osha off their back. that's 3 people right there.
source-me construction worker.

i'm not a retard :(

>Atlanta

>fixing a pothole/small piece of road takes 2 years
>meanwhile 2 McDonald's and a Starbucks gets built in 3 to 4 months

Also a construction worker.

Only take private jobs. We can do full curb+gutter+drainage tile+ADA ramps/sidewalk and even full blown concrete paving for a developer in a matter of weeks. 12 man crew.

It blows my mind seeing how long public projects can take. Unions are pathetic.

Unions have heaps to do with those agreements you fucking clown

retard not unions, its the big wigs

ur so fucking dumb they'll continue making money hand over fist while you shit on unions

because you spend all your money on bombing sandniggers

Because it was built when there was a strong central state and it has been left todie ever since because there has not been a strong central state ever since.

Road construction unions in the Department of Transportation.

Unions aren't the ones getting the contracts retard, unions don't even employ any real number of workers you probably have no idea how they actually work. they do not decide how long it takes to fix a pothole, union workers employers decide that who are not part of the union

>I have no idea how unions work in the United States, but let me tell you how they work anyway
t. Faggot

Unions, prevailing wage and 'diversity' ie women in construction management and engineering.

I just finished a prevailing wage job, and while the money is nice, it's the same principle as universal basic income. All it's doing is inflating costs to where infrastructure projects are cost-prohibitive.

Fellow IL although don't live in crook county

>Take 90 in to job everyday
>Been under construction for past several years
>keep adding more tolls to "help pay" for cost
>finally just recently finished
>Wow this is actually kinda nice to not have grid lock
>Not even 3 months after finishing close down lanes to do more "construction" on newly built highway
>back to gridlock

God I hate IL

I'm sure both states are bad but you clearly have not spent time in PA. PA roads are generally considered worst in the nation.

yeah you have no idea what you're talking about

Meanwhile in Japan.

>deadliest stretch of road known as blood alley
>no concrete divider
>potholes that haven't been fixed for decades
>almost is getting fixed after decades
>muh high speed rail will pay itself off
>it's been under construction for god knows how long and there is a bunch of rail building material all over the construction site

Actually, its both Unions and the other side as well. Look at Sydney and the new Westconnex, Unions are screwing the tax payer out of money to work for ages and the liberal govt are screwing the tax payer by having committees about if they should for more committees all run/money paid to Price-Waterhouse.

Greedy lazy cunts with their fingerprints all over every fucking infrastructure project in this country.

ugh we dabble in small time concrete to save subcontractor cost but I'd much rather be in the hole laying pipe.
Fucking ADA ramps, fucking every intersection has to be replaced no matter the condition. another waste of taxpayers money. fuck you 2% slope.

That's a lie right?

I don't? I, the middle class trade worker, have no idea how unions or contracting work in my country? Please. Educate me, lad. I'd love to hear you tell me more about what you know nothing about. I especially want to hear how you know my experience better than me.

Florida does have amazing roads. It was like driving on cotton when i went down there.
Live in MA and the highways are fine but the roads around Worcester and surrounding towns are literal shit.

11 days not a week
Japan also has stronger unions than the states

>b-b-b-b-but its DA UNIONS

no you fucking shit its nepotism and corruption

When whatever company has the contract for the site, they write it with cooperation from a union, on behalf of the workers you sperg and unions always push for much higher rates and benefits then what a regular non EBA site would have.

>Westconnex

>That's a nice road network
>it would be a shame if something were to...
>HAPPEN TO IT

Pennsylvania's I95 and 76 have been under construction for over 10 years.

There is no completion date, ever.

Fuck union here
>muh pa wuz union so i getz to be one too

Governments cannot into infrastructure, at least not anymore

>short (less than 100ft) bridge next to my flat is closed on February 6th for "4 weeks"
>still closed as of today
>Bridge was only repaved on Friday

Conractors that use union workers get X amount of workers from the union and do with them whatever they decide as long as they aren't being

so its the unions fault the contracter decided it wants to take 4 weeks to fix a pothole so that they get more money from their buddy senator that gave them the contract?

you're stupid buddy

Reminder union workers make shitty roads and stretch the amount of time the work on them so they could milk the state

Most articles I'm dinfing say eight days. The sinkhole appeared on the 8th of Novemeber and the road was reopened at 5am on the 16th of Novemeber.

It's easy to have nice roads when the frost is not heaving the ground and the water is not freezing in the cracks. I also imagine storm water drainage systems in Florida are massive/oversized due to hurricanes.

See Certain contractors generally operate solely with certain unions. These unions dictate the work pace, not the contractor. On top of this, road contracts are generally handled by workers directly under the DoT which is controlled by union work and not often are they handled by contractors. When they do hire contractors, it is usually through union contractors. You don't know anything about how shit works in this country. In fact, I'd wager that outside of a beer run after your government liquor store had closed, you've never been here. Stick to what you know and fuck off.

> These unions dictate the work pace, not the contractor

wrong

We dont do replacement work, only new developments. Less of a headache when youve personally cut the ramp out of the green curb at 2% and the land is just freshly backfilled soil. Easy to dig, easy to set, easy to pour.

We've finished like 16 ramps in a single day before. The screed man takes a beating but it always looks good. Shit we just got done with an 1,800 ft stretch of walk with like 7 separate H ramps. Those are the worst to set correctly but they look nice i guess.

It's correct and I would know. I work for a fucking union because I don't have any other choice. Please fuck off. You don't know how things work here, but you continue to post like you do anyways.

*leans into mic*

WRONG

you're full of shit

I'm sure you know everything about US collective bargaining rights and organized labor

certainly more than retards who think unions hold power over contractors enough to dictate how long a project will take

>so they could milk the state

People are this stupid.

So... I don't work for the IEW? I absolutely don't know ANYTHING about having to meet hour quotas for workers at the behest of the contractor? Are you SURE about that?

yeah, you're retarded kid. I bet you are 12

You're off by about 14 years, but please continue to tell me more about my life. Cucknadian shitposting is what I live for.

fucking leaf.
Comment on how unions work in Cuckanada, at we will tell it how it works in our countries.
Fucking leaf

Triads and Yakuza are way more efficient than Mics and Spics Mafias

wow sounds like cake work. Lucky.
we almost do exclusively commercial and municipal work which typically puts most of our work under prevailing wage rules(28.50+ben=35/hr), cant complain especially when you get stack some OT.

You mean (((Big Wigs)))

our great grandfathers built shit too last......what happened?? was it the Jews. is it because of niggers?? there must be a reason for this phenomenon.

Unions and their politicians can do things like PLA's(project labor agreements) which will eliminate most of the competition in the bidding process. This creates bloat in union companies. Union workers also harass non-union workers, and damage work non-union contractors have done. I've been protested by a labor union, I was the sole Laborer on the job the other workers being Operators.They bring their inflatable rat and their lazy asses to picket for 4 hours.

>We've gotten this idiotic idea through our heads that any government spending at all harms the economy

Literally no one thinks this.

Go back to r/politics.

I've never seen a gantry crane built using the bridge pylons to make the actual bridge before, they're clearly not in a hurry.

The US government knows that a giant asteroid swarm is going to hit the earth in the nest few years. They've known this since 1982. Billions of people are going to die across the whole globe and quadrillions of dollars of infrastructure are going to be destroyed.

The problem is that they don't know which places will be hit the worst. They don't want to spend money building stuff that will be destroyed. They are also diverting trillions of dollars into DUMBs (Deep Underground Military Bases) to wait out the swarm, and have nothing left over for us "useless eaters".

Because every billion spend on construction, another billion is spent just on financing that construction. Literally the Jew gets a dollar for every dollar going to building the actual infrastructure.

Having a State Public Bank to handle the financing cuts the parasite Jew out of the equation. Any "profit" goes right back into the state coffers to go to more infrastructure. It's also great for lending to farmers, etc.

The Bank of North Dakota has been active for almost 100 years, no problems. They are independent from political pressure so can't be forced to finance dumb shit. The state bankhas kept at least $100 billion out of the dirty Jews' hands.

Sup Forums needs to get behind public banking, get the Jew parasites off our tax dollars, and we'll have amazing infrastructure because we'll be getting what we pay for, not half of it.

Funny cuz all the politians here are being investigated and arrested because of that.

Yea we're one of two main contractors for Pulte Group in our region. We seldom take jobs from anyone else. They keep us swamped for the most part.

Fuck the last time I got Wage was for placing four detectable warnings on an asphalt bike path that was public, that was 7 months ago. Still getting OT every week so I can't complain.

Yea, my boss knows what he's doing I guess...

FIX THE FUCKING ROADS NOW REEEEEE

You're all fucking idiots. It literally is the Jew. For every dollar that goes to construction, a dollar goes to financing by the Jew. Only state public banks fixes this problem.

North Dakota has cut the Jew parasites out of their infrastructure projects and have saved their small state over $100 billion.

>structures aren't designed to deflect

You have no fucking idea what you're talking about and are basically an idiot.

underrated post

As an engineer, I can tell you guys exactly why it's so shit.

So basically, almost all of our infrastructure falls in two building periods, pre-war and post-war WW2. Everything built from both those eras was made to last only about 50 years cause they didn't have very good fatiguing calculations. Well around the time that computers started becoming accessible, we could punch out huge amount of sampling and determined they'd last far longer that originally thought with normal maintenance.
Well maintenance costs money, so it's been skipped over to bare minimum amount every year and people just assumed the system would hold together for decades. What they didn't account for is that salting roads in the North would become a thing, so now the systems are aging extremely fast if they're not constantly being maintained.
So due to the abundant lack of maintenance and just general funding, the bridges are approaching their spans and will start to fail unless they're expensively replaced.

Then there's the roads. Roads cost so much money to constantly replace and we don't build our roads like the Germans, we replace them only when they're falling apart and only make them about 18" deep into the soil as opposed to the German's 27" inch. The deeper the concrete the stronger it becomes. The Germans also perform religious degrees of maintenance, where we throw asphalt on a hole and call it fixed.

It basically all comes down to people not wanting to pay taxes and us putting so much fucking money into the military instead of creating a base payment for maintenance our infrastructure.

What if we just expand the role of military to include road maintenance?

Left-wing economics at work

They are just transitioning to anarcho society.