IM A BUDDHIST, AMA

I'm a Buddhist, Karma Kagyu lineage, studied two years at Kopan Monastery
a lot of people on here think that buddhism is a pretty redpill religion, it is. AMA

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/k2NAohPcT4U
youtu.be/i096Zq2RQT8
youtube.com/watch?v=gLu1wP9HhYM
youtube.com/watch?v=OpIQNxiKJoE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Do you condemn the violence in Myanmar?

condemn it? no, but i think it's sad and if i was there i'd try and help however i can

you and i are just one person each, the only thing we can do is be kind to the people we meet

If you had to come back to life as a piece of toast or a shovel which do you think would be better?

also, unfortunately if there's a violent minority of muslims they're prone to blowing shit up....and that scares the shit out of me...

Why are you wadtimg your life on a satanic false religion of 3rd world retards?

You must be fucking stupid...

reincarnation is for living "sentient" beings
also, we won't know about our past lives, it'll be like this life or the next or the last is the only life we know...until enlightenment that is...

Buddhism is bluepilled as fuck

The real redpill is realizing God gave his only Son to forgive us of our sins and grant us life everlasting.

P.S. don't forget it's still Easter

>Implying the answer isn't obviously toast

Wow you're a huge faggot

maybe? i mean all religions have some sort of "satanic" element because they talk about positive and negative forces, Buddhism for me was just a great way to look at the basic phenomena of life and try and find some piece in an otherwise shit society

lol, yeah, that's true

>redpilled
>god
pick one

buddhism has gods too, all religions do

Tibetani Buddhism, most specifically FPMT / Kadampa is a big cult.

Just bing "kadampa survivors"

wow, *peace, sorry, drunk

I'm a Daoist. Your religion is pussified. Enjoy no Buddhas for 1000 years.

I will ask op if you are here for MY experience I do know that I am the center from witch all is manifest. pol/ is here because I willed it out of pure necessity for entertainment. I AM A SELFIST
master selfist and teacher

No, seriously. Satan is a real persona and founder of all false religion, including buddhism.

Unlike Buddhists we actually believe and aren't self absorbed douche canoes looking for personal fulfillment in a wicked world. Our salvation goes beyond flesh and bone and this temporal plane.

Karmapa Chenno

right but real buddhists don't pray or think of these gods as anything significant. Tibetan buddhism can be retarded since they mixed it with the earlier traditions like bon and shitty tribal gods.

i've never heard of these guys, there's plenty of fake buddhist shit out there, same for christianity i guess, islam too.

just read some of the buddhist texts like the dhammapada (super short) or the tripitaka if you've really got some time on your hands.
listen to the story of the life of the buddha, consider the airtightness of the four noble truths.

i mean form your own conclusions, but i highly recommend some study!

>claims to be a Taoist
>talks shit
yeah okay pal.

Hi, I want to become buddhist, how do I do it.
I just want to be happy and free from all this mindfucking things that keep going on my head, I keep telling myself I'm ugly and developed an eating disorder and I don't want anymore, I don't want to suffer from this anymore, I don't want to suffer because of failed relationships and rejection, I want it all to end.

I wish I had a dog.

Tell me about kundalini yoga. About what's happening your OP pic.

cool, i hope that works for you... i hope you'll be nice to people even if they aren't nice to you, and i hope you'll find joy and beauty in the moment and in the natural world without any trappings or unnecessary burdens....

Fuck off with your taqiyya level upaya shit.

>personal fulfillment in a wicked world
Maybe you should learn something before making claims about things you don't understand

a real buddhist KNOWES he is god in all sence of the word correct?
it is within you my friend but first you have to GET OFF FURCHAN
and let the healing begin.

>Gulag or gimmedats: the religion

that's tantric sex yoga that they believe when you see the emptyness in the act you have a good chance at becoming enlightened. Some people think that it is just an excuse to have sex while being a lama while others think it's legit. Basically they think that when you combine the sexual fluids since it is the most powerful energies, you have a union of both aspects of genders that is proper for enlightenment.

i would disagree, although they can be somewhat dispassionately presented, they're like fingers pointing to the moon... to be utilized for self-perfection more than to be worshipped in and of itself

Why did you go half-way on the eastern religious autism scale and not go full retard (Jain)?

actually that's a good way to start, a lot of buddhist sages would wander the forest with only a dog for company, and this idea of animal companionship is present in the famous monks who train tigers...

get yourself a doggo if you can. walk the earth if you live somewhere warm, sit, breath, everything is ok.

Replies to his own OP with nothing

Replies to the same comment three times...

How desperate are you?

Wow so deep and insightful

"all religions have some sort of "satanic" element" ...aaand you fell for Satan. Great job, idiot.

OP is a 15 year old redditor with Spiritual knowledge of a soccer mom who just discovered nag champa. Fucking kill yourself faggot

Talk shit all day. Meditate all night. Were you under the impression that Daoism was a cucked philosophy for teens where you don't make any decisions and just "go with the flow" like a degenerate?

Yeah Sup Forums isn't healthy I'm here escaping from reality because it hurts so much.
Can you give me any tips before I go? Any good materials for a starter?
I'm an atheist, it isn't a problem right?

why are you drunk? isn't that against the precepts?

sure if you want to say that they signify parts of the mind like the good gods and the bad gods in the bardo, but if you look into how the cutlure actually interacts what you see is that they actually pray to gods. In tibet, they even see their landscape as 'alive' and the mythology surronding it is a demoness. Tibetan buddhism, in actuallity, is jsut a blur between old tradition of Tibet and new( that being buddhism). The first time they tried to bring over buddhism it didn't work because the people didn't want to give over their gods, until the main figure (i forget his name right now) basically just said nahhhhhh we can incorporate the gods and sheit.

There is something I want to do, I want to be a physicist. Can't I be a physicist and a buddhist at the same time?

kundalini is a chakra, it's basically where your prostate is. "kundalini yoga" is about activating the energies in this point to induce pleasure, train the body, and eventually find some sort of cessation. the pic is samanthabhadra, the first buddha who with his consort samanthabhadri sits in "yab-yum" position....essentially they're the adi-buddha, they fucked the world into being

>studied two years at Kopan Monastery
Jerking yourself off spiritually by immersing yourself in a false religion that teaches you to look inside yourself for enlightenment is the most vane waste of time one can engage in.

It's yuppie bullshit that should have died with the Sharper Image catalog in the 90s.

>Buddhism
>red pilled
Why do you suppose most American Buddhist converts are fucking Jews?

>I'm a Buddhist, Karma Kagyu lineage, studied two years at Kopan Monastery

Neat for ya, kiddo. I am Buddha. Your studies are cute, nigga, but get on my level already.

Buddhism is the religion I respect the most, its not like the others that are always promoting war

>never heard of these guys
>studied two years at Kopan Monastery

OP is larping.

what specifically do you want to know, like how to do it? what it's for?

i mean yeah, but wouldn't you rather have fulfillment in this life? as much as i love christianity, and i do, you really don't know what'll happen when you die, you can have faith and that's great, but buddhism tries to focus your mind on this life, this moment, because pain and suffering is a real thing and it sucks

Daoism youtu.be/k2NAohPcT4U

Buddhism youtu.be/i096Zq2RQT8

i now have 4 dogos and they make great peopleALLAN WATTS died in 72 or 73 but so on the spot.
be love first be loved later be truthfull in every aspect of life. never lie to the self. and if you can its hard but drop the SELF its not you friend. its what you are told you are and its not you. you are pure love and no one can change that its your core LOVE

> kundalini
thats india.
Tibetans do believe in swirling energies and pathways but they don't beleive in the same thing. The energies in Tibet take after the bon tradition whereas the kundalini energy takes after the hindu tradition.

i dreamt i saw a statue of fudo myoo before i knew who he was. can you tell me more about him?

Are you white?

TOAST

Can you walk around and have psychedelic effects in your consciousness in everday life.
If yes, tell me more.
If no, why do buddhism when you can do mushrooms?

Ask a burmese who knows about the lynchings of muslims in my home country anything

That's another thing I'd like to ask.
Will my personality be gone if I become a buddhist? How will I express my individuality? Or should I drop that?

buddhism isn't a religion, it's a technique to avoid the plebe effects of suffering.
Praising Vishnu is a religion though.
Been reading up on Krishna lately, kinda like it.
If you want a good meditationpill I would advise Vipassana.
well kid, I'm Kalki, sit and rot while I slay demon

Internal universe.

they're not really viewed as gods, more like just supreme beings

“We seldom realize, for example that our most private thoughts and emotions are not actually our own. For we think in terms of languages and images which we did not invent, but which were given to us by our society.” drop the self you will be amazing i promise and dont be scared to say I LOVE YOU FRIEND
on this note I LOVE YOU FRIENDO

>a real buddhist KNOWES he is god in all sence of the word correct?
nah dude, a buddhist knows he's god? not really. first off, you can be a shitty buddhist and still be a buddhist. but other than that, buddha never claimed to be a god, never disclaimed it either. whenever someone asked he would simply say that he only teaches suffering and the cessation of suffering. don't worry about who or what is god, worry about how to wake up to the complete "perfection" (terrible word but it's hard to explain in english) of the moment.

literally did not want to walk around naked and not eat meat occasionally... plus i find the buddhas teachings and rituals to be more fulfilling

so ask me a question dude, im getting drunk stalling on a paper

shhhh, i won't tell if you don't... oh, and check out chogyam trungpa rinpoche

yeah, this is all actually accurate, well said. modern tibetan buddhism is a mix of bonpo and indian subcontinental buddhism

sure, why not?

>practicing sand religions
I'll pass

>And Jesus answered them, saying, The hour is come, that the Son of man should be glorified. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Except a corn of wheat fall into the ground and die, it abideth alone: but if it die, it bringeth forth much fruit. He that loveth his life shall lose it; and he that hateth his life in this world shall keep it unto life eternal. If any man serve me, let him follow me; and where I am, there shall also my servant be: if any man serve me, him will my Father honour.

>Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour. Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again. The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him. Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes. Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out. And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me. This he said, signifying what death he should die. The people answered him, We have heard out of the law that Christ abideth for ever: and how sayest thou, The Son of man must be lifted up? who is this Son of man? Then Jesus said unto them, Yet a little while is the light with you. Walk while ye have the light, lest darkness come upon you: for he that walketh in darkness knoweth not whither he goeth. While ye have light, believe in the light, that ye may be the children of light. These things spake Jesus, and departed, and did hide himself from them.

Daily reminder that Sup Forums is a Christian board.

I used to practice meditation and read dhammapada while I was incarcerated but now that I am free I have no time for meditation or it is hard because of distraction unlike prison where there is none. Now I do not practice and I feel more trapped than I did in prison where I felt free and aware of samsara. Any words for me please.

>Jerking yourself off spiritually
sadly there's a lot of truth in this

>teaches you to look inside yourself for enlightenment

where else would you find it?

>the most vane waste of time one can engage in

...maybe.... then again when i die no one is coming with me

dont i have to forfeit everything and wander around

Thoughts on zen?

Damn leaf you're so friendly. I love you too

youtube.com/watch?v=gLu1wP9HhYM

good background while working or just chilling

I was listening to this one
youtube.com/watch?v=OpIQNxiKJoE

you can if you want to, but that seems excessive, just take time every day to sit down and do a samatha-vipassana style breath meditation. it's about a discipline. you're not gonna reach enlightenment as quickly as the buddha, give up everything and sit under a tree, two weeks later poof! i mean you might, but i doubt it. and you don't have to either, just sit/breath. let it go

besides now, when else do you use religion as an label for identity?

the truth is I know and thats the love that im talking about "smiles"

love it, i enjoy the clean sparseness of it. i think western audiences have trouble with the idea of nothing/emptiness being the goal. so much of western civ is like "be filled with X" that to be emptied probably hits people funny

wait did you just justify Christianity with christian scripture?

I'll google that. I don't mean to reach enlightment or anything, I just know I have to change something, and maybe buddhism can help.

I just wish I could sit and study, which is what I like to do, without feeling bad and ugly and rejected and alone. Just need some peace

Sort yourself out

I'm trying dude I'm just so fucked up in the head

>shhhh, i won't tell if you don't... oh, and check out chogyam trungpa rinpoche

I love these stories. You are all frauds and hucksters.

>where else would you find it?
In the gospel and the books of the prophets of our Lord Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost that our Father in heaven sends to teach us.

>Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

>If ye had known me, ye should have known my Father also: and from henceforth ye know him, and have seen him.

>Philip saith unto him, Lord, shew us the Father, and it sufficeth us. Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip? he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Shew us the Father? Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works. Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in me: or else believe me for the very works' sake. Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father. And whatsoever ye shall ask in my name, that will I do, that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If ye shall ask any thing in my name, I will do it.

>If ye love me, keep my commandments.

>And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever; Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.

i never studied and religion but one night shiva and buddha blessed me in the heavens while i ascended one night, why did this happen to me?

nah dude, buddhism is about supreme individuality, but i'll say this, a TON of what makes you "you" is put upon you by sources of suffering....
ok i should say, suffering can be broken down into three catagories (a lot of buddhists expand on these three "roots")
anger, desire, ignorance (confusion)...they're called kleshas... a buddhist tries to turn these root emotions into positive mental factors (wisdom, tranquility, insight, all kinds of good stuff)
you do that by following the eight-fold path, and cultivating a fruitful meditative practice.

so yeah, individuality is ok, eventually though that'll slough away like a uterine wall and reveal that essentially all is ground (storehouse) consciousness Alayavijnana

more often than race, less often than gender, not sure i understand the question

Can you sit full lotus? How long can you sit cross legged for?

i know that feel bro
seriously just take your spare time throughout the day, sit comfortably but don't slouch, bring your eyes to soft focus (on nothing in particular) and breath in and out, focus on that. keep at it. after that read what you like reading, be gentle with yourself because being born a human is figuratively a 1 in 500000000000000000000000000000 shot

you're not alone, and when you want to be alone just stop sit, and breath

What can you tell me about the third eye?
How do I open it?
What happens?

Kek is with you. Try to reflect on why you feel rejected or bad, writing your thoughts on paper could help.

you'll be ok man. breath deep, seek peace. that's not buddha, that's a childrens book called dinotopia.

You'll go insane of you're not prepared. hallucinations become a part of your daily life. You need an iron will to jump into the abyss.

if that's what tickles your pickle

i experienced true 3rd eye one night on a lot of shrooms, im convinced my body was dead, my ego destroyed, free at last i ascended into the heavens where i met shiva and buddha, two gods made of stars it was the best moment of my life so far

isn't everyone? i believe it was jesus who said "there is not one righteous"

Yaralava it's you?

I am neither a fraud nor a huckster nor do I live off of others.

>right but real buddhists don't pray or think of these gods as anything significant

Well, in Buddhism there are many other worlds beyond our own. Some of them are in the stone age, while others are more advanced than us. The gods within Buddhism are basically super humans - but they are real.

They offer siddhis, which are super powers, and this is why you'd be involved with them. But they don't give super powers to people whose goal is worldly domination - you have to be trying to ascend to higher realms. Really, you gain a new body in a higher realm and gain control of it. This body can come down to Earth, and is the sambhogakaya third of the trikaya.

The gods are basically elite clubs that you gain access to via Buddhist practice. The sangha is the collection of these club-entrants (Or stream enterers) on Earth, preparing for their travel to Heaven.

I love you all, and for this reason I offer a Soma recipe. You can use Soma to replace your flesh - look up Sokushinbutsu.

The recipe;

Calcium hydroxide $10/2oz, 11.27-12.46pH
Carnauba wax - $40/64oz, 7pH
Congo red - $10/100ml (Changes color with pH)
Ethanol - $4/qt, 7.7pH
Ethyl gallate - 7.7pH
Gallic acid - (Polymerizes as a phenol)
Graphene - Raises pH
Linseed oil - $11/32oz, 7.5pH
Liquid rubber - $60/gal
Phosphoric acid - 11$/qt
Pine rosin - $20/32oz
Pozzolana - $10/1kg
Sulfur - $23/20lbs
Terpentine - $20/32oz
Zinc chloride - $34/500g
Zinc oxide - $20/1lb

Liver failure?

yeah you are dude, you suffer and cause suffering in return, maybe not blatantly, maybe not all the time, but cmon man you're no better than anyone else. also, of course you live off others! you have a job? did you have a mom? wife? no one is self made, everyone deceives

Thanks for being so nice, I appreciate the help. I'll do my best tomorrow