Looking for weaponized autism instruction manual

>Be 20 year old with relatively good computer skills compared to most normies and decent background in Mathematics (Dropped out, got G.E.D, and self-taught-- understands proofs and logic).
>No exceptional programming/networking skills, although I have strong self-discipline and passion.
>No job atm (worked at Home Depot for a year)

Goal: Self-learn and get a job in any Computer/IT related field.

Advice?

Other urls found in this thread:

news.ycombinator.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Learn COBOL and Smalltalk. This will cover you for whatever flavor of hipster you meet.

Lol, you will never get into the industry without a degree.

KYS sa ge

go back to school or teach yourself coding and apply for jobs. the more u do it the better you'll get m8. nothing will be handed to you gotta work for it

This is such a problem with the hiring process, though. It is meaningless in most fields. People should be tested for ability when seeking work.

Or you could create something awesome when you learn to code, start a business and employ wage slaves like this pleb

>I hace strong self-discipline
>Dropped out

A degree isn't worthless.

It proves you can work hard at something. If someone gets a 4.0 GPA from a state school I know they, at the very least, can show up on test day on time.

If some dumbfuck from his basement comes to me with his mother as a reference, I don't know jack shit.

Would be pointless considering 99% of people without a degree trying to get into the industry dont know jack shit

Create a web service of some kind (use a '.io' domain). It'll give you some credibility if you can put 'entrepreneur' on your resume and helps explain resume gaps.

Also

Anyone who says you need to go to school to become a programmer is deluded. Nothing you learn in school is valuable and nobody who's hiring cares.

What they do care about is that your CV reveals you to be highly interested.

It's possible, but the OP should still get a degree, especially since he admits he's not exceptional.

come back with some actual accomplishments.

>im a failure from society who skated by on the minimum expected of someone isn't from a slum
>probably isn't even past linear algebra and diffeq
>i can't succeed in school or have a job and claim i have self-discipline

my advice is to go back into the system for a few years man, you're a child still

>Nothing you learn in school is valuable and nobody who's hiring cares.
>nobody who's hiring cares.

You're absolutely fucking retarded.

>122527526▶
>File: 1482206591502.gif (1.81 MB, 339x338)
> (OP)
>>I hace strong self-discipline
>>Dropped out
kek

>NEET
>wants to compete with brown people that shit in public streets for jobs
You're dumb.

Every person who i have worked with that didnt have a degree was fucking retarded and didnt understand fundamentals. That's what you go to school to learn, fundamentals

We get it Schlomo, you want people to keep funding your scam called degrees, but some of us are smarter than that

if you don't have a degree, be sure to demonstrate your skills with a portfolio of some kind

if they can see definitively you're good, they'll like you better without the degree

i didn't realize i was on Sup Forums because i haven't been in a while, going back to Sup Forums

>but some of us are smarter than that
i doubt it

You laugh, but as someone who works in HR I can't tell you how often I hear that.

>I'm smart, but my GPA was low because I never did homework.
So... You're lazy?
>I know a lot, but my grades don't show it.
Grades assess if you've met the learning objectives and, if so, to what degree. If you're grades are low, you didn't meet the learning objectives for the course. The fact that you don't know that tells me you don't understand the basic purpose of assessment.
>I'm an exceptional programmer, but I ignored in school.
You're not willing to work hard unless it's precisely what you want to do? Doesn't work like that in real life, buddy.
>I'm highly motivated, and have strong self-discipline.
But you couldn't manage to get good grades in school?

>they will like you better without a degree
Because they can offer you less

Enlist in the Army

Find a very old machine. Pull it apart, put it back together again. Nuke the firmware. Start twiddling bits.

Build from this point. Make the hardware talk and listen. Make it read and write. Make it clean and make it fast. Figure out how much of what constitutes modern firmware and software is utterly banal.

When your personal OS on your shitty 486 does the basic things you want it to do, see what contemporary software you can get to run on it. Be unsurprised when minimum specs are so much lower when you've cut all the crap out of the way.

Then put "Designed personal OS which runs WIndows XP on a 486 66 mhz machine" on your CV. The people who will find this interesting are the people you want to work for.

Then learn Smalltalk.

>wanting an IT "job"

You millennials are pathetic. You don't know the meaning of hard work.

If you already are able to do IT support/networking or whatever just start applying for jobs. i live in an area that has tons of IT jobs and many places will give you a 90 day probation period to make sure you kniw your shit and you dont need a degree/certs. That said certs will help and you can pirate some courses to help you prepare for the test or just to learn. What is it that you plan on doing? There are so many different paths you can take and if can narrow it down I could help point you in the right direction.

Don't ruin the surprise ;D
>t. a no-degree who made it to management
Once you make it past the first job, you can easily negotiate up to par at least.

>homework is 30% of your grade
>never do homework cuz rather play vidya
>make straight A's on tests
>tests are 70% of your grade
>make straight C's in highschool
>get told by a retard in HR with a god complex that grades=learning
tiptop kek

>Wants job in Computer/IT related field.
>Dropped out, got G.E.D,
>No Degree
Sorry OP, but you're literally unemployable in this field

I don't have a ((( degree ))), and neither do any of my colleagues.

OP, study Java$cript

Lol this is such austism. I can get hired on anywhere in town for 80 - 100k with a job reference, my degree, and my resume. If they piss test i turn it down. IT is peasant shit with no future. Software engioneer at least has job security because you are hard to replace once you know all the business logic and can pump out code and meet dedlines. Onyone can run eathernet, fix cables and routers, and install operating systems

You need to get a job, get certifications (optional but you'll stand out), and go to school (kind of optional). You aren't going to get shit with a GED and no job experience. I can hire someone straight out of college with a degree and some work experience relatively easily. Why should I even consider you?

Sup OP, I was like you once. Gonna rock your shit get ready:

Make a linked in account. Why? Cause you're going to base your learning off of what people are looking for.
Generally there is other bullshit skills you need to know to get in the industry. For example JIRA and AGILE.
It's some project management bullshit stuff but you absolutley need to have some experience in this field.
It's really cringy and gay but you'll have to familiarize yourself with it.

Second thing is SVN/GIT these are code repo managment standards. When you program with big teams they all gotta share their
shit with each other, so go read up on GIT (maybe practice with a git hub account) and or bit bucket.

You'll probably need to know the whole LAMP thing if you want a job so
1) go install gentoo (for real, you need to leanr linux, this is the equivalant of getting thrown in a lake to learn how to swim)
2) install a webserver
3) learn PHP and run your site on a servers you've created
4) learn some front end stuff (jquery, javascript, composer, grunt)

AWW DAMN I NEED WORK EXPERIENCE:
Build reputation.
Hangout on linked in, constantly update your resume and find mentors people on there.

Before you know it you'll be making dosh working a comfy desk job.

Also hang out on Sup Forums and find some good sub reddits:

/wdg/ Make this your homepage NOW
news.ycombinator.com/
COPY PASTA THIS AND HELP THE NEXT user

> 1 post by this ID

For everyone else interested in this subject:
1. Degree will not hurt
2. Get GITHUB account and push your shit-code there
3. Contribute to Open Source repos if you can. Even changes in ReadMe.md counts
4. Lower your standards, you are not a fucking snowflake. If you can't get junior dev position no matter what, try to get junior QA Automation instead and then work your way up to be a developer.
5. Be ready for the interview: hard and soft skills

We have a guy in management at my job and every hates him because he doesnt know his asshole from a hole in the ground and just parrots back to us what the client wants.

I only said IT because that is what it sounded like OP was going for. You can do the same shit for cyber security or programming if you want and you dont need a degree.

What about people who change their lives. Not everyone stays the same forever. I used to be a hell of a lot lazier than I am now.

I honestly wouldnt bother trying to be a software developer wothout a degree. You're always going to be shit unless you taught it to youself for fun when you were 13

Go to community college, then transfer to a state school. Most states require their state universities to accept a certain number of community college transfers. I majored in German (lol) and got a job in a completely unrelated field after school. 50k a year with benefits, 35-40 hour work weeks. It's not exactly glamorous nor am I getting rich, but I don't do shit and I have far more free time than engineers who get paid 60 or 70 after school to work 60 hours per week.

my dudes. KEK is blessing this thread

Persistence is the key Mr. Digits.

I got you...
Download visual studio
When installed it will mention some app development framework called xanarin. Download it
Once downloaded it will offer you a free month of courses. Start doing those.
Will be a nice fun way to get your brain around some coding and then you can branch out..

This is the exact reason once you're inside the system it should be easy for you to advance if you're not an idiot. Many employees in corporate NA are total wastes of space, especially in management.

What do you mean you're always going to be shit? You mean you will always be a bad programmer? That just isnt true user and you know it. Sure a lot of people dont have the intelligence or willpower to get really good on their own, but there is so much info and opensource code out there that if you really want to get good you can.

Honestly you could fuck around with that for months and do tutorials and you would only be qualified for an unpaided internship. You are blowing smoke up ops ass by giving him hope that he can teach himself how to be an enterprise software developer

In Australia being a software dev is the new factory worker.
You are better off being a sales rep and working your way up the ranks . Just be patient with it and in 10 years you'll be on twice the salary of soft ware dev , better job security, better perks and social status

More than half the kids i graduated with couldnt program their way out of a paper bag and work help desk jobs. I have never seen a decent self taught programmer. I am just being honest, i work in the industry and know a bit about it.

Unless you know someone or start your own business you're going to have to waste years of your life and money getting a slip of paper saying that you took college courses while joining a program where you'll work for free in order to gain experience from some company that will hire some 3rd worlder instead of you

This is a hard pill to swallow but it's the truth

Youre fucking wrong i have no idea why no degree children who dont work in the industry even give their shit opinion on the subject

why are people shilling degrees itt

This is why you shouldn't ever get into IT. Get a real job instead.

Your right most of them cant but I know plenty of programmers who are self taught and really fucking good. Most people just dont put in the work or are too dumb to learn on their own. For some people college is best but for others there are better options.

Because they fell for the jewish scam, so now everyone has to fall for the scam.

It's an ego thing more than anything.

>You are blowing smoke up ops ass by giving him hope
Massive learning takes place when OP fucks up the project he sells and can not complete. Encouraging OP to give up before he starts in not in OP's best interest. OP has to tell OP when to give up.

Degrees are bluepilled shit.

Oh yes Mr Shekelberg, I will get myself into debt for a useless sheet of paper!

IT cucks are the worst of all. They get paid to sit around all day and dick around on a computer. Learn a trade and get a real job.

I live in Florida
>High school is a waste of time

Because i got the degree and make 82k full benies at 25 yo in the south and the only reason i have the position is connections i made in college, experience i learned in college and internship i got from college. You cant get into the industry with no education, experience, or connections. You really need all 3 or at least 2 of them. I can quit my job and find another in the same week whenever i want.

Getting a mentor is way better than getting a degree.

Not true at all. Programmers are in heavy demand for one thing.

wrong, from france without a degree and I'm here in one of the higher tech companies in the bay

go fishing. obtain anarchist cookbook, learn to make things. grow a tomato plant. clean your room. comb your hair. spend more time with pets. throw a rock through a window. stab a communist. Just do something

I will do anything but waste my time and money on college where I'm spoon-fed cisgender and white privilege bullshit and not be guaranteed a job.

Lol making what, 20 - 25 bucks an hour in a city with rediculous housing prices?

Well I'm 22 and I made my connections by emailing random people over the internet. You don't need to go to university to do that.

Ditch windows. Learn HTML, Javascript, CSS, Python or Go. Save everything you write. In a year or so you will have a portfolio if you actually apply yourself. Aim for Jr Dev, etc positions.

who did you vote for frog

Yeah programmers are in demand. Op isnt a programmer and isnt going to just magicly become one by dicking around in an ide for 2 hours a weem

>as someone who works in HR
Heh, I wonder what kind of GPA you got to be forced into human resources of all things.

Cool you satisified 1 criteria of the 3

Go is a meme. Don't waste your time.

found something at like 1300, 20min walk from my office not the best district but I'm good

Classic NEET stormfaggot.

I got my education by reading books and got my experience by working?

You do know they teach you out of a textbook at college right? You can just read the fucking book yourself.

Go is shit. They will throw it away for go2 like google does with everything else. Never learn google languages

I'm using dual boot windows/Linux. Should I learn everything on Linux?

Any advice for a leaf student? I'm about to graduate and start an internship with a well-known bay area CAD company

what good would giving past examples of successful projects do?

Yes.

Learn programming.

Put it on the resume. You wont have much at first so projects can be used to show experience

I'm on pol man, I think you know the answer haha
Everyone that ask me about it at work (there's quite some frenchies) are macron-shills hillary style^9000 it's insane, so I just say I don't vote

You should have done your internships a year ago and been ready for an entry level position. Id work the internship while looking for a junior developer position. Take the junior dev job when you can, dont worry about thesize of the company, just be wearly of new and very small companies, i worked at a fucking dog and pony show for my first yeas in the industry.

Yes install arch or gentoo

Yes you need to know bash and vim. Pick whatever distro you want. I like debian

Front end is such cancer

Dead wrong on this one. You can certify without a degree. I know, I dropped out in the 8th grade so I didnt even go to high school.

Front end cancer metastasized via the bootcamp meme

Yeah i know and snakes can be born with 2 heads, not like i would count on it though

Get a job cooking those tendies.

You will get stuck in a shit job if you don't have a degree or credentials. Dead end. Either buckle down and get a degree or go to a coding boot camp. Nobody will seriously consider hiring you if you self study.

React and Angular devs are making more than indian-tier back-end devs.

reconsider. You think you researched it and can do it for a couple of years for experience and resume. It is a hell hole and slime pit. You will be sleeping in a bunk bed in a tiny room in a three room apartment that is a hundred years old and smells of decay, because it is rotting. The people are, well you have to spend time with them to begin to understand they aren't people. Think about it, some of the greatest Universities in the world are there and yet those hideous graduates wont even stay.

good answer

Angular 1.0 is dead and almost no one knows angular 2.0. React seemsnsolid, at least facebook doesnt throw it out and rewrite it. I saw this because i took mt time to learn angular 1.0 just for them to throw it out. They did it to polymer too, my company had to drop it after writing an app in it. Never trust jewgle

Oh, I forgot about the taxes and cost of living. HA HAA HAAA