We now have mainstream fiction books where "he" is replaced with gender neutral non-patriarchal alternatives

>We now have mainstream fiction books where "he" is replaced with gender neutral non-patriarchal alternatives
Where did western literature go wrong?

>star wars EU
>mainstream

?

>lord of the rings will never be ruined by the kikes

>mainstream fiction
>a starwars novel

why not use "e" instead?

if they did that like, 10 years ago, I would have just assumed it was the author's corny way of making the story seem more alien and I would have rolled my eyes but, also thought it was kind of neat. It's not so neat when it's a reflection of our degenerating world.

Bought Star Wars books without knowing they were cucked

>hmmm these is a surprising lack of men
>almost zero
>literally ZERO men that are main characters

Can't wake up

>Reading a Star Wars book

>Bought Star Wars books
hmm, its definitely the jews fault why white birth rates are falling

Don't know shit about this, really, but having looked it up it sounds like that character is supposed to be from a pretty weird species with hard-to-determine genders. They're not trans or queer or intersex or whatever, just really alien.

Apparently people variously refer to that character as he, she or zhe depending on their perceptions.

That's really not that politicized, dudes.

How are they trying to PC languages like German and Spanish that have gendered words? This seems to be an English only phenomenon desu.

As someone born in the 80s, who grew up with star wars, who learned to read adult novels by the time I was 8 just so I could devour the star wars expanded universe, THIS makes me L O L.

I dropped all 'new' star wars when disney released their memo about dropping 'legacy continuity'. I have seen the two new movies for laughs, but will not be reading any of the new books.

zhe...

in a book....

in a (((disney))) star wars book...

what timeline is this...

Not defending that, but Stak Trek is boring communist bullshit.

> Muh zhe and she
> Muh co-opting He and She, I am such a smart progressive!
> Not realizing it conveys the same weight of meaning in language
> Not realizing upsetting 2000 years of English linguistic evolution isn't going to happen

You'd think somewhere in those 4 years of 'gender studies' they might have taken a linguistics course or two.

>tfw writing a star wars book on Mandalorians, whos culture revolves around patriarchy and tradition and the main characters are both human supremacists who fight the (((rebels)))
Hopefully I get to publish it and make it the least cucked sw book

>reading fiction
>not reading textbooks to teach yourself programming

Look at the average liberal arts major. Why would you read any type of fiction?

>How are they trying to PC languages like German and Spanish that have gendered words? This seems to be an English only phenomenon desu.

just wait until we force a new, degenderized, yet feminized, version of americanized english on the rest world, with horrible decades long media campaign against the outdated, binary, sexist european languages.

we will also teach our new language to the refugees, and there will be no word for rape, because rape wont happen in this new, perfect world with our perfect language.

>Zhe

I think I'm going to learn chinese or something, and use that as my main language instead.

I wonder how leftists can be so obsessed with the book 1984 and simultaneously justify newspeak and the policing of thoughtcrime.

Everybody wants Orwell on their side. He almost certainly would have been disgusted by both the modern left and right.

Hypocrisy. Doublethink - they are used to it.

Depending on what left and right. It is rather a question of authoritarianism.

Strange how this whole "gender" debate is nonexistent where the language doesn't have grammatical gender at all. Like in Hungarian.
We don't even have a word for this bullshit.

They'd make shit up if they really needed to do so. No really matter what.

Anyone who has read science fiction anytime in the last 80 years or so has run across examples of other gender pronouns.

IT. IS. FUCKING. SCIENCE. FICTION.

Just how fucking newfag do (((((you)))))) have to be to be utterly unaware of this?

Some of the gender designations adopted by the LGBT community were lifted from science fiction stories. For fuck's sake, I have a copy of C J Cherry's Chanur's Venture sitting on a shelf above my desk, 1984, with a species that has 5 gender variations. Read The Left Hand Of Darkness by Urslua K. Le Guin, or anything David Brin wrote in his Uplift novels in the last 30 years. Just for examples that come immediately to mind.

>Some of the gender designations adopted by the LGBT community were lifted from science fiction stories. For fuck's sake, I have a copy of C J Cherry's Chanur's Venture sitting on a shelf above my desk, 1984, with a species that has 5 gender variations. Read The Left Hand Of Darkness by Urslua K. Le Guin, or anything David Brin wrote in his Uplift novels in the last 30 years. Just for examples that come immediately to mind.

and how many of those used some SJW/taught in liberal arts colleges/real world 'zhe' word?

hmmm?

aliens with drastically different genders is common in scifi.

star wars is not hard scifi, its fantasy scifi. to throw in 'real world' concepts like 'zhe' breaks the 4th wall.

hasn't been ruined yet classical literature is not safe.

I don't recall which novel I ran across it (20-some years ago), but "xe" was a gender designation I remember clearly. Pronounced, "zhe."

Pretty sure that "zhe" itself is a direct lift from a novel or story. First time I saw it used in the LGBT community I recognized it.

There are tens of thousands of novels and stories over the past century, and thousands of them have made reference to gender variations and third genders. The words used to describe them have been recycled by authors, as well as re-invented and lifted from other languages form human history.

There are limited variations for other gender pronouns; pretty much every possibility ever considered or described has been invented, used and reused over the last century.

> hmmm?

What are (((you)), the fucking Church Lady? Or a Skeksis ?

>Zhe hasn't heard if Latinx
>Probably has not been to a Humxnities Class
Topkeked'

It's the other way. In scienfe fiction future human variants and alien species sometimes had different genders than real humans, so the fictional genders of today's real world are in truth derived from the fictional genders of the science faction.

Okay, now explain how these books could possibly betranslated to other languages - the simplest example being Spanish - that have gender specific words.

It can't be done. You could say they would just use the masculine form like they already do for words that have no gender but 'zhe' is gender neutral. It doesn't make sense to use the masculine form.

Face it; zhe is just shoehorned in to appeal to a certain crowd - SJW tumblerina faggots - and is not applicable outside of this one specific instance of using that made up fucking word.

Does /pol have a infographic for recommended books?

>>/lit/

fuck you OP no one cares about your dumb ass bitch nigger

/lit is an sjw cuck board.