Would the world be a better place if technology stopped advancing a thousand years ago?

Would the world be a better place if technology stopped advancing a thousand years ago?

Other urls found in this thread:

verywell.com/longevity-throughout-history-2224054
seeker.com/our-ancestors-had-much-better-teeth-1767213743.html
groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/users/rauch/worktime/hours_workweek.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter-gatherer#Common_characteristics
youtube.com/watch?v=-i0UugILBJg
youtube.com/watch?v=WPH2Uhj1oMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Quite

Yes.

I hate my life.

I often daydream about spending my days in the sunshine with simpler people doing simpler things.

Unfortunately the only way to do this is by being a disgusting hippie.

Tbh sometimes I even consider this type of life even though it goes against everything I stand for.

Hopefully after this life I can somehow be content.

no one's stopping you to migrating into the mountains.

faggot kys

Implying social constrants arent in place that keep people from doing things such as producing their own energy or their own water supply.

You literally cannot live off the grid unless you do so illegally.

Also who the fuck are you to tell me to kill myself you ladyboy faggot

No, a greater number of people have a higher quality of life than ever before thanks to technological advances.
Right now is objectively the best time to be alive.

a thousand maybe not
but a hundred or two might have been better

maybe the Amish had a good idea

Try three thousand

The problem is that capitalism has to go.

corporations and powers are polluting every facet of life, not to mention the constant solar radiation management and geoengineering, aerosol spraying. Yes life prior to any industry, aircraft would be supreme

Yes

No, but it definately needs to be torn down and started anew.

As long as humans die of disease and old age, life, and existence, is pointless.

I would rather live my pointless life fighting for Rome instead of working my office job.

You could literally join the army now and then get work as a PMC if you wanted to.

>PMC
Still pointless. Rome was an idea, the centre of the world, it was larger than life.

This. It was about being a part of something that meant everything to people.

Yes, much better. I spent a month on a survival camp and it made a profound discovery that I think other people who have done a similar thing have found. Modern life is absolutely fucking terrible. I think generation after generation had their quality of life lowered but it is hidden between generations. You don't know what you never had, so people just feel "something is wrong", but don't connect it to all of the things they have lost as a combination of politics and technology has turned our lives to complete shit.

>modern life sucks
underaged plz go

Move to Alaska and build a cabin in the woods. Nothing is stopping you.

I am 37 and have lived in situations where modern life was removed and where it wasn't. I have seen and felt the difference for myself. Almost everyone who went on that camp said it was the best experience in their entire lives. They know the truth. It can't even be argued because real experience cannot be manipulated by other people telling you it isn't true.

qq i was born in the wrong generation qq

Grow the fuck up

whats the juice maker in the pic?

this, we need something new

It is completely impractical in modern society and you also need to get a sigifnicant number of other poeple to do it otherwise you will be alone in the woods and that is not good either.

>You need to register an account online to make juice.

Have we gone too far?

>Implying you'd survive 15 years in Rome
The reason the average age back then was 40 wasn't cause everyone died at 40, most lasted til 70, but half their kids died within 10 years.
Also child rape was all the rave.

As long as it isn't communism. When you think about it though, it is hard to think of any form of modern society that would work. It all results in boring jobs and a poor quality of life. Small self-sustaining villages that trade actual goods seem like a better idea but they wouldn't survive due to the US ARMY coming and shooting everyone and stealing the land for the slaves to live on.

>Muh old fashioned life with no tech is best
>but of course if I get sick I want modern medical technology
Or enjoy dying to an easily treatable disease

>$120,000,000
>for a $400 juice squeezer
>that can disable your bags via QR code
>which isn't even needed because you can squeeze the bags by hand
>the bags are $7 for a 0.3L glass of juice
>you then have to wash the bag, print out a label and send it back

That thing is the perfect example for the current state of the Western world.

This same old stupid argument. Fucking turtles live longer than you.

>muh magically mainstream medicine. It makes everything better. Everyone died at 5 years old before.

One of the most bitter redpills is how very open the Pandora's box that was the early Chemical Industry is
See turning the freaking frogs gay etc
We barely even now understand endocrinology, and yet we spent the entire 20th century releasing possible endocrine disruptors into our habitats and everyday products without any idea of how they might be affecting humans and the development of children over the long term

Better get medicine to the turtles. They only live to be 226 years......... Fucking progressive faggots. Most medicine these days is to treat modern society.

Move to Montana --> work on a ranch --> save money --> buy your own ranch --> live the life you want without being even slightly "hippy".

WHERE WOULD THE TURTLES BE WITHOUT MODERN MEDICINE????

What is it called?

Jewcero

No, jews have to go

Juicero

>I would rather live my pointless life fighting for Rome instead of working my office job.

If you could somehow obtain all the soldiers in rome, bring them to the present, bring them up to speed on world history and technology, and ask them if they wanted the life of a roman soldier or the life of a 2017 office worker, I honestly believe that 100% of the soldiers would prefer the office job.

the result will be always the same. capitalism is not sustainable at it's core.

The hipster age of """""invention""""" is coming to a close. No longer will shitty crowd funded meme products like in OP, higher resolution $1500 smartphones, or 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000:1 contrast ratio TVs with le ebin TruMotion® Movie Mode™ be considered innovative any more. Elon Musk will bring us into the real future. The 21st century truly begins with him.

It sums up Silicon Valley anyway.

>not wanting to die of a minor wound getting infected or animal bite is a stupid argument
I thought you of all people would appreciate modern medicine given your local fauna

If you live then you live, if you die then you die, is called natural selection, our spiece lived like that hundred of thousands of years, now we have all kinds of subhumans, retards and weird diseases passing down through generations thanks to modern medical technology

Or maybe he'll just marry his ex wife for the third time when she runs out of money again.

You're acting like it's already successful. When you rail agains the Western World with your flag, you sound like a pussy cultural Marxist. Some venture capitalists decided to fund a poorly conceived start-up. So what. Who are you to tell them how to spend their money and what risks they should and should not assume?

become a farmhand in rural america, dream accomplished

Strangely I have never been in a situation where that has happened despite living in the most dangerous country in the world. The turtles still fucking live longer than you in Australia now fuck off back to /r/futurology and dream of a communist future where elon musk sucks you off in virtual reality.

>Most medicine these days is to treat modern society.

That.....that's shockingly true. I never thought of it that way.

OY

>You're acting like it's already successful.

Not really.
My point was rather that they got $120 million of funding for an idea that was absolutely retarded to begin with.
And that the only thing most people laughed about was the fact that you don't need the machine because you can squeeze the bag with your hands.

>hurr durr muh flag
Fuck off nigger. I never sent them a letter telling them they aren't allowed to spend their money on a retarded idea, but I sure as fuck can laugh at them when they do it.

This. It's not complicated.

Why does everything have to be sustainable these days? Nothing lives forever, ideaology included. We should base our actions around an expiry date rather than creating an immortal, unremovable status quo. Capitalism is dying. We rely far too much on a volatile and horribly inept China and when they go down, we all do too. While capitalism lasted however, it was mostly great.

So if you fell ill right now, you'd send away an ambulance that arrived and happily die because muh primitivism?

A thousand years ago? No

Two thousand years ago, it would certainly be cool.

no one cares about your life

hey elon how about you just forget about
all of that boring rocket stuff for now?

This is pretty spot on.

No. I would take the drugs. But you aren't proving anything by asking that question. Ancient humans lived long lives.

>old man at 30, dead man at 35
nope

Old man at 70 actually. Do some research.

Not really, but I do think the world would be better if there were no cities.

I plan to buy some land and live there mostly alone. I will still do some work online to have a modest income.

I feel very oppressed and constricted living in a city. It is killing me slowly.

>No. I would take the drugs.
Oh right, so you DO want modern technology then.
I'm not arguing that ancient people didn't live long lives, I'd just rather not spend every waking moment working just to survive and risking death any time I cut myself.

Say goodbye to modern medicine, an 80 year lifespan, 99% of food, modern dentistry, not to mention all forms of entertainment. You dumbasses are what make Sup Forums a laughingstock.

It is the perfect example of modern society in that we are actually fucking smart for once in history. Nobody in their right mind is going to buy this stupid shit after seeing how unnecessary it is.

>human with modern medicine, die at 80
>stupid turtle without modern medicine, live past 200
planned obsolescence isn't only applied to things, can't push for change if old people remember better times

No I don't want modern technology. You made up a theoretical scenario where I need some medicine right now and am living in modern society right now where modern medicine already exists and everything already exists.

They spent 4 hours per day working and lived long lives. We spend 9 hours working, 2 hours in traffic, 1 hour to make up for sitting all day. Their jobs were enjoyable because evolution dictates it that way. Our jobs are usually complete shit.

>Capitalism is not sustainable
>Capitalism has not only sustained itself for the past hundreds of years, but it also has provided ordinary people with new products which can replace the old

read a history book you fucking idiot.

Say hello to ignorance. Humans lived a long time. Modern dentistry is needed due to your shit fucking diets, and "all forms of entertainment" is just sad and suggestive of brainwashing.

It would still be ok pre-Gutenberg.

Unfortunately, in civilized countries, you'll be stopped by various factors. You can still do it the Philippines?

Sounds great, oops, no visa.

Getting ill, or dental problems or breaking something is not exactly a ridiculous hypothetical scenario 2bh, especially seeing as you'll be now be working outdoors all day long growing your food.

>ancient humans lived long lives
No they didn't.
verywell.com/longevity-throughout-history-2224054
You are so horrendously wrong.

THIS

finally someone that doesn't live in the past. Totally agree.

Worked less than modern humans. You are wrong.

>need wars every few years to keep demand up or face economic crisis which usually results in war anyway
>sustainable
only for (((them)))

>modern dentistry needed due to shit diets
not really. george washington had wooden fucking teeth.
>"all forms of entertainment" is just sad
No i think living a 70 iq life on a farm and having no opportunities for entertainment is sad. because that's what kind of life you had before industrialization. a poor miserable life on a farm.

You are horredenously stupid. From your own article:

>That’s life expectancy at birth, a figure dramatically influenced by infant mortality - pegged at the time as high as 30 percent.

Countries who never go to war, like most of the EU, especially nordic countries and switzerland, are thriving in today's society. US is a shithole compared to them because they think education is not something good to spend money on.

seeker.com/our-ancestors-had-much-better-teeth-1767213743.html

>Mesolithic hunter-gatherers living on a meat-dominated, grain-free diet had much healthier mouths that we have today, with almost no cavities and gum disease-associated bacteria, a genetic study of ancient dental plaque has revealed.

Good to see I have red pilled some faggots now I am going to go play with my emu. Good night.

>doctors didn't wash their hands
>you had a 30% chance of making it past childhood
>yeah but that was because of child mortality

The Amish accept newcomers user

Absolute bollocks.
Even primitivist advocates like Ted acknowledge that low-technology life involves working your ass off just to live.

>read juicerino first
>chuckled

lol, doing what?

groups.csail.mit.edu/mac/users/rauch/worktime/hours_workweek.html

What do you imagine someone doing that takes up so much time and is so hard?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hunter-gatherer#Common_characteristics

According to Sahlins, ethnographic data indicated that hunter-gatherers worked far fewer hours and enjoyed more leisure than typical members of industrial society, and they still ate well.

This tard is is steve jobs 2.0
Complete shit and pushed forward by retards.
Pretends to be private corp, yet his income is almost entirely made from governmental grants.
space x is basically rediscoverkng the shuttle in a less efficient manner.
hyperloop is a joke
etc, etc, etc.

Absolutely.
Until the next clan a few miles away decides it wants your shit.

>reading comprehension

Wrong, the blonde bitch will divorce him within a few years, take half his shit and you can say goodbye to space programs and electro tech.

youtube.com/watch?v=-i0UugILBJg
>$120M in investment
>makes a $400 (formerly $699) always online "juice" press, that requires a smartphone app
>it squeezes DRM protected propietary pouches of ground up fruit/vegetables to produce juice that are $7 each for 200gms (8 ounce), the pouches have QR codes and can be disabled remotely
>after a week the pouches won't be able to be pressed as they're expired
>turns out you can get the same results by squeezing the pouches with your hands, quicker than the press
>environmentally friendly company makes you wash the pouch and ship it back to them in a huge box so they can recycle it for you
>"Inventor" of this bag press is a jew

it's a constant low intensity work rather than bursts of overloading stress, it's actually healthier

Move to the fucking woods, you whiny niggers.

How? Where? Can someone just "move to the fucking woods" in the US? You can't over here, or anywhere in the EU as far as I know.

yeah the US has a fuckton of uninhabitated land, endless stretches of natural forest that no one has ever been to but has only been surveyed from a distance

youtube.com/watch?v=WPH2Uhj1oMM

t. certified goy

This is a misconception. During the winter and non-crop seasons most people sat around all day.

probably drinking all the beer they brewed before