Is the 40 hour work week too long? should it be reduced to a 30 hour work week?

is the 40 hour work week too long? should it be reduced to a 30 hour work week?

>30 hours working week becomes a thing
Leftists now starts campaigning for 20 hours working week

nothing wrong with a shorter work week my dude, i work 40-45 every week and its fucking depressing.
id kill for a shorter work week

its just not feasible for so many proffessions

Thanks for paying for my neetbux

And start protesting for higher wages because they are working less

i dont live in america

it is for shitty office jobs, such as the one i have.

There have been a few studies on the 38 hour work week and why it should be reduced, some shit about it being damaging to mental health, I don't really get it, I only started to lose my shit 6 months into a job that was 70 hours every week.

He meant to say thanks for paying for Osama's neetbux as he rapes your gf.

I work 55-65 hours a week. They can make the work week whatever, it has no effect on what I do.

>working at all
wheres my universal income weedman

Thanks for paying Mohammed his cuck krona.

yes, 40 hours is much too long

i dont have a choice my dude, its either this or joining the army

Corporations would rather be understaffed and have the work done at the bare minimum standard, rather than hire a couple more people to make everyones day easier and shorter.

They don't give a fuck. You're nothing but numbers on a sheet of paper to them.

>not working 100 hours a week

It's like you cucks want to live from paycheck to paycheck lmaO

That would kill you in a matter of months.

It takes a swedish ladyboy to say 40 hours is too long.

You've got a choice mate. Dues vult.

What do you do?

nigger i work 55 hours per week

yeah because working a soul crushing job 8-4 every day isnt too long

Yes

I'm self employed and already do that or maybe Im just not a pussy ass nigga i guess like lmaO

I think its too long for repetitive menial underpaying jobs. You end up with a lot of wasted labor time because people get tired after 6 hours. I think companies would be more productive with 25-30 hour work weeks that paid more per hour.

>working over 14 hours per day
Romanian Gastarbeiter detected

>be an engineer
>expected to work 45 hour weeks, and even more towards the end of sprint
>salaried so see no OT

Yeah 40 hour weeks are just too hard! You have to flip burgers all day!?

secretary, pretty good pay but its so incredibly fucking soul crushingly boring. if it ever gets to the point where i cant take it anymore ill probably join the french foreign legion or something, fuck sweden

>tfw working 60 hour weeks
>tfw 2:30am starts

also, i studied economics at uni but that never got me anywhere

>2 days in the week off
>lunch break
>2 hours free in the morning
>8 hours in free in the evening
>6 hours of sleep
Sounds pretty chill man

Dang that sucks. Are you trying to find a better job?

I own my own business and there's not enough hours in the day. I could work under 40 if I wanted, but my business would suffer. I think you should work however long you want, but be rewarded or punished based on your effort.

I calculated it one day. I work somewhere between 40-56+ hours a week. I sleep about 6-8 hours a night, so thats 42-56 hours a week. Lets say I get a perfect run of 8-8-8 a day for a week. In that week I will spend 6 of my 56 hours of free time on myself. Pure, egotistical, self serving shit. Rest of the time it's time spent with my girlfriend, friends and family.

So in a month, 24 of my 730 hours are on me. 12 days out of 365 I do nothing my think of and spend time on myself. I'm an optimist and am working towards 20 days, but is this good? Bad? I don't know. But I know you're a fucking pussy who can't do anything but think of themselves and don't want to contribute so no, it's not too long, you're just a piece of shit.

Too long for chefs working at wendy's maybe

I agree.

>40 hour work week
Imagine wasting that much time of your life working for someone lol glad I'm a NEET

Possible for some jobs, not for others.

Once robots replace manual labour sure.

as I manager I have to be available to cover if my plebs call out so I can't have another job during open hours, limits me to 40 :/ I would work more if I could

i did but there is literally nothing else that isnt as shit or worse, everything is taken.

waking up 4.30 to commute through the entirety of stockholm everyday isnt fun m8, neither is the ride back home

also some days i have to work to 6 because other people go home early and i have to do their shit

This, or at least rotate your hours for 30 one week, 40 another.

40 hours is really shitty if you have to commute. Only good if you live near your workplace. (It was the standard before traffic was an issue)

Only wagies know this depressing feeling of waking up early for work

>burger flipper
>chef

makes me laugh every time

Sounds like you need a career you enjoy Desu.

Found the problem. You live in some shithole on the other side of the the city and have to commute 3 hours everyday. Live close to where you work. Either move house or find a job closer.

it's okay when it's warm
plus people at my job are pretty cool so it's a nice environment

>7:00
>waking up early
pick one

>high paid salary professionals are expected to work longer hours

Not an argument. If people want to work a less demanding job, thats their choice, don't be sour about it.

>flag

The problem today (in most jobs) is that looking busy is more important than being productive.

i cant move anywhere else, stockholm has 20 year waiting lists for apartments and all the houses are already bought, and as i said, there are no other jobs.

fucking pleb tier niggers, try toiling for 60 hours on a good week

For office jobs yes. I know so many people who get their work done and just do jack shit or browse the net for hours to look busy. Waste of time and waste of money since they're getting paid to do literally nothing for the company.

You sure would know that you parasite.

get a motorcycle

Have you thought about leaving the city and trying to find a job somewhere else.

I usually work 32 hours a week. It's a bless, life-changing stuff. Most of the people can't even imagine how much of a good is one additional free day.

But then there are times like this, when I work 14-20 days in the row.

>not working one day / year

8 hours a day for 5 days hours is literally nothing

if you're a wageslave you did it to yourself

So you literally do nothing but work and sleep?, i call bullshit.

not much better anywhere else desu.
every other large city is fucking garbage, most small towns are garbage and everything in this hellhole of a country is just fucking garbage. i have thought about moving to finland though.

Sweden must a lugubrious place, since the swedes can only live in Stockholm.
inb4:
>but my life is in Stockholm
Your life in Stockholm sucks.

lmaO

The economy is getting a little better in America so you could try moving here too.

That's what you get for letting Muhammad in

I know but I didn't make this pic.
but it's still represent the feeling

desu if it's an a job that is not too bad, it's easier to wake up in the mornings

My job kinda requires 40 hours. I don't think I could do it in 30

would consider if trump makes america great again.

not viable for most jobs at the moment ... maybe when automation claims more jobs and unemployment raises to 30-40% then the government jus has to tax more the companies and less the workers.

/Thread

Finished school at 16, did not go to college. Never had a job i'm 23 now. Feels great being a NEET. Govermentbux let me live thanks to wagecucks. Did actually want to join the army though, they found out i had depression in the past and now i may as well be blacklisted from enlisting.

>tfw when the high ass work hours are thanks to the kikes

That's a very light work load. Whatever you do at work must really suck or it wouldn't affect you like that. Lots of people work longer hours and are happy

KYS NEET

it's not enough money to get by unless your in a share house.

It's probably a boring af job. Hurts the soul doing it.

Make it 15hrs. And increase minimum wage to $150 cuz free shit

Council house m8, i have my own little flat payed for by housing benefit, pretty comfy desu.

>waiting lists for apartments
This sounds like a commie thing. Here in Oslo there is no such thing as a waiting list, I can get a new apartment in under a week

did you get neetbux just for depression?, or you have other condition?

I believe there are studies/surveys taken that have shown something like ~5-10% of all working individuals enjoy their job/career, the rest are just working out of necessity.

It doesn't matter what career or environment you're in, there are certain things you have to deal with that can make the job unpleasant. Lower-tier jobs generally have a physical or physically unpleasant element to them, not to mention dealing with shitty coworkers/bosses. Higher tier jobs come with a different set of problems, more stress, longer hours, more strenuous deadlines, and often still having to deal with unpleasant coworkers/managers/bosses.

It's very rare for people to find employment where they either love what they do every single day, or where they get paid extremely well, and the work isn't extremely demanding/soul crushing.

If you don't know what I'm talking about and you're loving life, loving your job, getting paid extremely well, consider yourself lucky, because you're in the minority.

I'm 31, I've been working fulltime since I was ~21, have worked at quite a few different companies doing all sorts of different work. I've still never found that dream job.

Whenever I earned a big salary bump, my mentality was always "well shit now I can work less" but the demand was always on me to work the same or harder. I'd definitely be up for a 24-32 hour work week, that would be fucking amazing. I value my personal/free time so much, and am good enough with my finances that I tend to live far below my means, so if I could work less I would in a heartbeat.

housing crisis m8
there arent enough places for people to live.
we need to build like 2 more stockholms to end it.

Wish I could carry on the proud NEET tradition, but short of winning a few hundred thousand pounds, the £9k or so I live on will no longer pay for itself. Applying to work in a cocktail bar 40hours a week today. Will probably suit me actually, the places mostly seems quiet, even when it's not it attracts a classier type of people (well as classy as this place gets) due to pretty high prices. Plus 40 hours a week means working 8 hours for 5 days or 6 hours for 7 days, and that's actually not that bad desu. Especially as the place closes around 1, meaning an 8 hour shift until closing time would have me waking up at about 4 in the afternoon.

Take the studentpill, like being a NET but you get £10000 a year on studentbux

fucking Mohammed's.

>wageslave
how do i avoid or continue living with out it

You also make 5 times yearly than I do when doing 70% less labor.

Poor salaryman not getting overtime boo fucking hoo you poor thing. Whatever will you do :,(

> tfw work 60 hours a week.
> tfw they tried automating me away.
> tfw 2 weeks of chaos before bringing me back.
> tfw the automation they brought in does 99% of my work for me.
> tfw that 1% can never be safely automated and they maintain their corporate insurance.
> tfw sit on my ass writing D&D campaigns and shitposting all day.

It's like when i was a NEET but getting paid for it.

Wish i had a comfier chair though.

Nobody is forcing you to work 40 hours a week

>Payed
>is a dole dosser
Checks out

depression and social anxiety diagnosed by professional doctors means i don't have to work , get something called employment and support allowance instead of the inferior job seekers allowance.

>we need to build like 2 more stockholms to end it.
Or just maybe kick out all of the rapefugees?

Obama already made it 29

To forcefully reduce the weekly working hours is to punish the most competitive and productive who will work harder and longer. With less working hours, those who did not gain unskilled work experience ,while they were still supported by parents, will have no chance at competing to become productive members of society and will be much more inclined to fall back on welfare.

Upon the shortening of the work week, demands will then be made for higher wages to compensate for the reduced paid hours, increasing business labour costs and slowing down economic growth while also making start up businesses much less competitive with established corporations who already own large portions of the market and can afford the hit for the cut into their competition.

Tfw work 50+ hours a week starting at 11pm-7am but don't actually get to leave at 7 because we're shorthanded and I have to compensate.

it was like this before the sandnigger crisis, not as bad but it was still like this

Holy shit really? I'm depressed as fuck, I want in

Absolutely not. People are already lazy enough.

Er mangel på boliger i Stockholm. Sverige har flere offentlige reguleringer enn Norge, eie og leie markedet i Oslo er så å si anarcho capitalism
>Kamp om utleiebolig
Ikke noe problem, bare å tilby å betale mer i leie det