US / NORTH KOREA 25th/26th April - what the big meeting means

So, there is talk of war since Trump will hold a big meeting on wednesday and I think I might have figured out what it is about.
Right now it is almost evening in NK and the celebrations held today are close to ending.
So far NK has "only" held a live-fire artillery drill of a large-scale - nothing that would provoke the US too much.

I guess the whole thing about announcing the unusual meeting was to stop NK from having another nuclear test today.
The chances were high for such a test, and it could have led to war with a high chance.
So Trump announced the meeting to tell Kim "Dude, chill or we will have war on wednesday."

Now that they did no nuclear test but only the artillery drill Kim showed Trump he understood while keeping his face.

There you have it, war with NK is cancelled and the meeting will only talk about sanctions.

reuters.com/article/us-northkorea-usa-idUSKBN17Q06N?feedType=RSS&virtualBrandChannel=11563

washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/04/24/senate-staff-perplexed-by-unusual-white-house-private-briefing-on-north-korea/?utm_term=.845323d28086

Other urls found in this thread:

asia.nikkei.com/Politics-Economy/International-Relations/US-allies-on-high-alert-as-North-Korea-holds-firing-drill?n_cid=NARAN012
news.abs-cbn.com/video/overseas/04/25/17/north-koreas-threats-meant-to-force-talks-with-us-analyst
apnews.com/a9b5cea116384c2182a48d09de8fce22?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP
youtu.be/_QBBAZQ6FwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Digits for purifying atomic fire

asia.nikkei.com/Politics-Economy/International-Relations/US-allies-on-high-alert-as-North-Korea-holds-firing-drill?n_cid=NARAN012

>The international community has been fretting that the regime of Kim Jong Un might stage another missile or nuclear test to mark the anniversary -- and to show its defiance against renewed international pressure.

>Pyongyang settled for something less, a large-scale firing drill on its east coast, according to Yonhap News Agency. Leader Kim Jong Un watched over the exercise, which involved long-range artillery and was one of the largest ever, Yonhap said.

No habbening? No deep-charred NK human bacon?

/pol needs to meme harder.

I don't think so mate, Trump knows "best" Korea is going to be a huge threat if they continue to further their nuke program, and as callous as it might sound better the lives of thousands of people now then millions of people in a year or so. The US has the tech to make sure any preemptive strike takes out the majority of the artillery that has been locked on to Seoul for decades gets taken out or intercepted mid-flight, the rest knew the risks by staying there and every effort will be made to evacuate them safely I'm sure.

Further more "sanctions" have been ineffective in the past and will continue to be in the future, a rogue state like that doesn't give a fuck wich makes me think the nuke test wasn't ready not that they were cowering in their boots, let me ask you this do you really think a dictator as crazy as Kim fears anything? He believes his own propaganda for fuck sake.

Saw the artillery display on CNN. I was instantly disappointed because I knew that meant NK was backing off. Oh well, I can still hope one side missteps and the other overreacts.

Rolling for some radioactive Korean BBQ :D :D :D

whatever. we'll be nuked in the next few years anyway, since these cunt can now pop out a nuke every 3 weeks.

we are in the belly of the machine and it is bleeding to death

WAKE UP SHEEPLE

END. THE . SIMULATION . !!!!!!!!!!!!!!1111111111111

Nk is goiing to be a threat, absolutely right, but there are still options on the table to get rid of them without a war.

One option would be China cutting its oil supply, instantly crippling it. NK would have to choose between rushing to war without oil or giving in / lettin inspectors check their nuclear arsenal etc.

Another option would be staging a revolution over coal shortness, next option would be slowly replacing the government with chinese guys after Kim suffers a deadly "food poisoning" or smth.

There are many options of which war is the most inefficient.

You're not fooling anyone m8.

>oil shortage
war
>revolution
tried that with the Muslims

great options.

this, at this point the only thing that's going to fix their shithole is a big smack of reality to their people. Only way to do that at this point is to kick their shit in and prove their country isn't as big and powerful that they were brainwashed to believe.

We're discussing North Korea not the USA

do you really think you could revert 3 generations of brainwashin?

kek

by being beaten in a couple of days by "inferior" armed forces would make me think twice, imagine if Iran conquered the UK in a couple of weeks I'd be seriously questioning if I was asleep or not.

anything involving propaganda is unlikely to work with NK given how isolated they are and how they chimp out anything that could be conceived as counter narrative by tourists

Kim is obviously trying to back down while saving some face, but does anyone else hope that Trump and Mattis are stupid enough to press the matter and escalate the situation :D :D :D

go go WW3 :D :D :D

and you think the options you spat out are going to work. this is north korea, not some backwards muslim country.
kill kim? the cunt has taste testers.

kill the oil supply? russia will step in were china leaves off.

send in seal team six? what have them capture and killed after being tortured for years.

bomb them? they will level Seoul in a few hours.

leave them be? they will just build more nukes till we have another USSR on our hands.

every option we have has a counter push.
whatever we do, someone is going to get rekt.
it won't be the united states for a while.

so what will we do?

I wouldn't be too sure. Supposedly there's 2-3 more carriers heading to the coast of Korea. Why is that important? Well 1 aircraft carrier means you're watching your ass. 2 means don't fucking try it. 3+ means we're coming for your ass.

Personally, I think Trump/Mattis/McMaster are engaging in some top tier psyops and it all began with the strike on Syria. They're basically putting everyone we (the US) might have a problem with on notice, from Russia all the way down to NK.

Mattis and Trump are want NK to attack one of our carriers so they'll have the political capital to chimpout in retaliation. Whatever carrier is the oldest in that group is going to be the sacraficial lamb.

I somehow doubt they'd let 4000 people be bait. I also doubt, short of using a nuke, the North Koreans could take out a carrier. Attack one? Sure, but they couldn't sink it. No plane or sub is going to get near that carrier, and I don't know how far off the coast the carriers will sit, but I suppose they could get a sneaky cruise missile in. But even that would be tough to do with all of the screens US carriers have.

BEST KOREA DID NOTHING WRONG!

North Korea could always blow up their nuclear reactor

Is there going to be a happening or not?

as you said each option has a big no-no case attached to it.

therefore I think we will exhaust every option before choosing the one with the largest loss of life.

happening cancelled, go to bed goyim, we jews will wake you if there's a happening

there WILL be a NK happening, but for now it seems not during the next days.

Bump for WWIII!

news.abs-cbn.com/video/overseas/04/25/17/north-koreas-threats-meant-to-force-talks-with-us-analyst

>An analyst doubts war in the Korean peninsula is imminent, and believes instead that North Korea's show of military might is meant to force the United States back to the negotiating table.

apnews.com/a9b5cea116384c2182a48d09de8fce22?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP

>Although a major event around the anniversary was viewed as possible, the morning came and went without any nuclear tests or ballistic missile launches. All that was publicly scheduled for the day were gatherings for mass dancing, a common celebration on major North Korean holidays.

Kim backed down after Trump threatened him with announcing the meeting on wednesday.

Happening cancelled / postponed.

>I don't think so mate, Trump knows "best" Korea is going to be a huge threat if they continue to further their nuke program, and as callous as it might sound better the lives of thousands of people now then millions of people in a year or so.

Do shills from /r/the_donald really believe this or are you FBI/CIA/NSA/DHS operatives doing pro-war propaganda before the attack?

Source?

Yes

Probably some kind of escalation.

Their nuclear program is coming on pretty fast - the window for intervention is getting slimmer. The longer the US waits, the more costly it could be when they do intervene, assuming they intervene at all.

North Korea is now a few years away from a missile that can reliably hit the US mainland. They already have multiple, highly survivable systems that can hit Japan and Korea with nuclear weapons.

Of course, the DPRK's nuclear weapons are only a deterrent (justified IMO after Iraq, Libya, Syria etc.) but the US is not too keen on the idea of them being able to actually hit the US.

>Thread theme: youtu.be/_QBBAZQ6FwE

Look at Venezuela. Wanting the regime to change means shit when the army is sided with the dictator and you have no weapons.
And NK is a harder case than Venezuela.

These digits gonna mean war

You may be right for now but guess what, NK has to test their nuclear weapons soon enough, you think they will never test?? Trump knows this and understands the threat only increases, NK could wipe out USA at the end of his term if they keep developing nukes and are not stopped right NOW. How bad would it look if Trump left office with half the US population dead?