Why the fuck is modern science so inextricably tied to the political left...

Why the fuck is modern science so inextricably tied to the political left? When did it drift away from being an impartial, objective assessment of facts and evidence and become the shitshow it is today?

More importantly, how can we bring it back to the former? Is all hope lost?

Other urls found in this thread:

unqualified-reservations.blogspot.de/2009/01/gentle-introduction-to-unqualified.html
lesswrong.com/lw/lr/evaporative_cooling_of_group_beliefs/
pepl.engin.umich.edu/pdf/2012_Spencer_thesis.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It isn't. The left just claims it, with the help of Bill Nye, the science entertainer.

The "March for Science" was nothing but a circlejerk, like everything in American left politics these days.

All smart people are leftists

It never was impartial or unbiased. The religion of science has always been nonsensical bullshit. Microwaves and tablets are nice and all, but the underlying presuppositions of scientism are false. Humans cannot create something that is unbiased or impartial.

Just look at Malthus and his predictions of overpopulation and climate change, the cult of global warming continues this tradition.

no one cares about science. engineers actually take the unbiased shit and make it useful.

It's not. Science is neither left or right wing. It's the results that get people polarized. For instance, the bell curve is considered right wing. It's not, it's just an accumulation of data. Bill Nye is a worthless piece of shit. He'd say anything you told him to if you paid him enough.

Most people get "Science" from tv and netflix. i.e. leftist propaganda engines.
At a proper university science and engineering are taught on a pretty dry level starting from the fundamentals.

It's the
>Muh green energy
>Muh sustainable food crops for Africans
>Muh healthcare
that gets the mainstream attention.

When all science really is is an understanding of how matter and energy behave, and engineering is doing something useful with this understanding. We need more attention brought to how science and engineering impacts the more mundane things in our lives
>The power grid
>Water Infrastructure
>The ubiquity of and power of electronics
>How shit goes from ore to your kitchen knife

It's when "social sciences" excpect to be held on the same level as Physics, chemistry, and biology that we get the most annoying problems.

Polling a bunch of people about how they feel about their genitals isn't science, but some people really think it is.

Albert Einstein happened.
The first jewish scientist who accomplished anything, was immediately made into a superstar by the media. No one had any clue what his contribution to science was, the average person obviously couldn't read scientific papers and look up information online. They made him into a celebrity.
It has been shit ever since. '''''''''''''Science'''''''''''' has been a jewish propaganda club ever since.

There's science and there's Science!™
One is a methodology revolving around testing hypotheses and throwing out old theories when new data disproves them
The other is a new-age pseudo-religion of cultural marxism that uses the outward facade of science.

SJWs = puritans
Pop-sci presenters = pharisees
Tabula rasa = central dogma
Global warming alarmism = apocalypse
White guilt = original sin

Blame the religion vs. science meme that cropped up in the 20th century. Religious thought has been tied to the conservative and traditionalist right while (solely because retards NEED dichotomies and black v. white) scientific thought became associated with the progressive left.

That never happened. If humans are involved, politics occur.

Science is still impartial, objective assessment of facts and evidence and all that, you just won't find it on your telly.

It's not. The media is. Just the fake ones liberals think are fantastic are on tv.

What I mean is that modern science is mixing objective and subjective like no tomorrow. I personally see the evidence for climate change and agree that it's a problem, obviously not a world-ending one but still one that needs to be adressed. HOWEVER, I do not agree at all with modern "social science". There are only two genders, and anyone who thinks they're not included in one needs honest therapy.

The core issue is that it's incompatible in this day and age to agree with science while also being socially conservative.

sociologist here.

the hard left (what you call cultural marxism) took over my field about 40 years ago.

in the past 20 years it has literally taken over the rest of the institution.

MOST of our sjw problems are actually Literature/English students with half-understood sociological theories leaking into them.

I realize Sup Forums hates sociology, but the issue is the SJW infestation. Valuable science but it has been reduced to leftist fodder.

Probably because "real" sociology supports evolutionary psych, and leftists can't handle that.

The real reason is that science, while a wonderful human invention when carried out properly, is not "special".

When I say it isn't special, I mean that it's still done by humans, just like all human activities. So it's still beholden to the same rules of human nature as the rest. It can still fall into bullshit just like anything else. Science and scientists can still have echo chambers, can still be corrupted, can still be co-opted by politics, can still become institutionalized or bureaucratized.

It can also be used for great evil, just like other human endeavors. The only thing keeping organized science from becoming a tool of the political left is scientists, and scientists are only human so here we are.

Because the commies infiltrated western universities and planted their seeds of marxism there. We're seeing the consequences now.

It's called the Cathedral. It's a left liberal cabal that includes almost all of Academia, media, NGOs.
unqualified-reservations.blogspot.de/2009/01/gentle-introduction-to-unqualified.html

because lots people that work in it get their paycheck through government funding

so they are more concerned with allying with who gives them their paycheck than making money through making products that are marketable

so scientists that create chemicals for industrial uses like people at Dow are going to be conservative

people that work at NASA are going to be democratic

>For instance, the bell curve is considered right wing. It's not, it's just an accumulation of data.

I will give serious credit to Sam Harris for having the guy that wrote that on his show the other day - AND having the guts to flat out say it's scientifically accurate in very clear terms.

I still don't like his politics, but organizing that talk takes balls.

Bingo, engineers and doctors (the medical kind) anyway.

Couldn't agree more. Now when people disagree with the social science, they might stop believing in the natural science as well.

Because scientist are breaking the non aggression principle. Since most of them can't stand on their own they need the government to force the populace to do their bidding.

>global warming /Isn't even real
>stemcell research /They are human life don't touch embryos
>big bang / Eath is 10 000 years old

Indeed why don't they believe in
>my black colleagues are idiots because of DNA
>let's get rid of regulation for more economies
>let's spend more money on defense because these brown people living in caves are really scary, and let's save the money we spend for that from the NASA, EPA and education department
It's a mystery

When conservatives started denying basic facts and getting triggered by literally anything. I miss Reagan Republicans, man. You guys are just fucking stupid. It's gotten to a level where we need to cull you people.

It has always mixed objective and subjective. So called "science" has been sold out from day number one, some studies are more unbiased but you can never remove all bias.

Their is no scientific basis for multiple genders or the non existence of race, they are simply appealing to the authority of "science" to promote their worldview of radical egalitarianism. The man in the lab coat is their new priest class who tells them what to believe.

Just fuck science. If you tell normies tards how much you hate science they will get so fucking butt hurt, you just insulted their God.
>Muh reason
>Muh freewill
>Muh logic

>Albert Einstein happened.

No doubt the man was smart, but he takes fucking credit for EVERYTHING.

For example, here's a screenshot of what you get if you ask google "who invented the nuclear bomb?". Oh, it was Einstein? Wrong. All Einstein did was write a letter to FDR telling him that other scientists were working towards this.

In fact, it was Otto Hahn and Fritz Straussmann who split the atom. And it was Edward Teller and Eugene Wigner who reached out to Einstein and asked him to write a letter to FDR. Einstein was literally nothing more than a goddamn letter of recommendation. He had NOTHING to do with actually developing nukes.

Yes Bill Goy is a clown of a "scientist," but most people on the right are stereotypically anti-science.

1. Many American Conservatives are still sceptical that Climate Changes is a natural occurrence and that air pollution from industrial sites and car fumes have very little effect.

2. Although very few. The redneck republican believes satan put dinosaur bones in the Earth to deceive mankind about the Earth's actual age and Evolution.

Both have overwhelming evidence to support Climate Theory and Evolution.

However, Transgenderism is pure pseudoscience and is total propaganda.

Science is apolitical but politics are often determined by economic policy and economic policy is often at odds with science. That's why Republican party denies any and all evidence of climate change.

Scientific results are also often contradictory. There's is evidence that concepts like gender fluidity are nothing more than mental illness but at the same time there is a statistical increase in metal illness and suicide rate for trans people who were explicitly prevented from exploring how they felt during childhood.

And they're trying to push to get Art into STEM making it STEAM.
As an Artfag myself, I wouldn't have a problem with this if they were talking about studying the masters and their use of scientific methods to create masterpieces.
But they're not. They want Art included because that way they could get to say that there are more women in STEAM. We're talking modern art bullshit, shitting out paint from your vagina, puking on a canvas type of "Art"

Archaeologist here. Can confirm anthropology has been a hollowed out zombie since the 70's.

Should I be stigmatized for holding socially conservative beliefs while believing in objective science like climate change? Where do I fall on your sliding scale of rural and suburban retardedness?

>my black colleagues are black, with curly hair and broad noses because of inheritable genetic clusters that differ significantly and systematically from the genes white people have
>BUT THERE IS NOT A SINGLE SUCH DIFFERENCE THAT RELATES TO THE BRAIN, ONLY AND ONLY LOOKS

Why, indeed

Because there's only betas doing science nowadays.
Alphas are playing sports and fucking the last valuable bitches around.

honestly even though I lean leftish, I am waiting patiently for the ivory tower to fucking collapse finally.

I would like to actually teach and practice my art, not some watered down Barnie the Purple Dinosaur version of it for pussies.

I'm just glad to here that there are still at least a small handful of non-SJW people still in these fields.

It's a real shame. I think topics like psychology, sociology, anthropology, etc are all absolutely fascinating. But they've been all absolutely 200% kiked.

For example, when I was a freshman back in 2009, I decided to take anthropology as my elective. I thought it'd be really cool and I wanted to learn more about the human condition, differences between groups of people, learn about hunter-gatherer tribes, and our ancestors and why we think/do the things we do.

Instead, all I got was:
>RACE IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT!
>GENDER IS A SOCIAL CONSTRUCT!
>TABULA RASA!
>THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS HUMAN NATURE!

nigga we need a flood

As soon as I finish my PhD, I'm starting my own private geochemistry lab and hopefully training program. I'm going to destroy the university model.

It is really fucking weird actually.

Ev Psych (sociobiology) is heavily evidenced but totally avoided in "mainstream" sociology.

The higher level classes the more work they do to keep you from discovering Ev Psych

Not my boy Elon

Well, when was it ever impartial? This is what happens when you grab a bunch of nazi's and commie scientists. You think they are just going to up and change their ideology? TOP KEK. Lemme guess, einstein was an atheist right? LOLOL>

Science relies on government grants. The Left is the side of big government and deficit spending. Everyone loves getting paid.

Bit of whataboutism. Besides, believing that the earth is 6,000 years old isn't detrimental to society in the same way that this shit about racial egalitarianism and gender social constructivism shit is.

It doesn't really matter if Joe the plumber and Henry the electrician believe in evolution. But if all these people bought into the cultural marxism propaganda, that would be incredibly bad for society.

It's part of the white genocide going on.

They don't want whites to know about their history, or culture. It's just STEM STEM STEM STEM with no room for history or literature.

T.,Middle School Teacher who has kids who can code and program but can't read a book because they can't handle words bigger then seven letters.

The modern left is doomed: people with an illogical ideology used as a tools that depends on external Jew masters will either be secretly disposed by them, or destroyed by just people.

>speaks as if logic and reason are bad things
I bet you're a nigger.

Yeah, and there's also a high suicide rate for trans people who follow all the way through and realize they've turned themselves into an abomination.

They need therapy early. They need to find out the root of their 'dysphoria' and solve it, not let it dictate their life.

I'm not really trying to start a debate about transgenderism, though. I just find it strange that it doesn't occur to people that it might be possible to fix dysphoria instead of building their life around it.

Evaporative cooling of group beliefs
lesswrong.com/lw/lr/evaporative_cooling_of_group_beliefs/

they took over colleges, made it so you had to agree with everything they say or you fail and indoctrinated everyone. also forced electives like gender studies and shit for further brainwashing of pure science degrees.

>muh green energy
this is a valid science, but it is honestly best left to engineers.

>muh sustainable food crops for Africans
that isn't the problem, the problem is Africans

>muh healthcare
that's not a problem for scientists.

>The Power Grid
see green energy above

>Water Infrastructure
post yfw global warming is a solution to this

>The ubiquity of power and electronics
this problem is already solved but because it hasn't come across facebook yet or been made into a leftist circlejerk it doesn't appear fixed

>How shit goes from ore to your kitchen knife
a quality science

as for OP's question
the left is loud and vocal, this means science has to be popularized for anyone to notice and therefore care. The left cares because it makes them seem like good people which helps them feel like good people. The truth is solutions for all the problems we are currently facing already exist, and more than a few were in fact solved by people who are on the left, but because buzzfeed or nowthis haven't made a video about it, the left is completely ignorant.

You think they'd celebrate the woman who figured out how to use microwaves to ionize CO2 into CO and O, but nope, too complicated for them and they don't even notice.

A WOMYN solved the problem of CO2 emissions from factories in 2012, and the left hasn't got a fucking clue.

>her thesis on this topic
>pepl.engin.umich.edu/pdf/2012_Spencer_thesis.pdf

Learn the difference between scientific method and TV scientism religion.

Science = flat earth, two genders, ...
Scientism = spinning ball earth, 49 genders, ...

>>my black colleagues are idiots because of DNA
Literally why Watson was fired.

You are right on the rest though.

Still STEM scientists are way more redpilled than you think.

Read Moldbug, learn about The Cathedral

>The redneck republican believes satan put dinosaur bones in the Earth to deceive mankind about the Earth's actual age and Evolution.
Prove it scoffer. You always claim "we have evidence" like fuckign CNN has sources (they don't)

Please link me a peer review circle jerk interpreted by a few laymen ((((journalists))))

fact of the matter is you can't prove dick. however, the hepatic structure of scripture is absolute and undeniable.

It's that projection shit jews do, where the baseless accusations they throw at others are the things that they themselves are guilty of.

They'll just dismiss evolutionary psychiatry and any studies of "bad topics" like racial genetics and IQ tests out the window and dismiss it as "pseudoscience.". Or they'll just make a nonargument like "that's been debunked!". And then in the next breath, they go on about social constructs and gender fluidity, even though there's not a shred of evidence to support any of these things.

evolution is just a theory and not fact. you actually make sure to say that it will be revised as new information comes up. it's just a story you want regurgitated to make sure they are thinking "correctly".

mathematicians and physicsts can tell us where a heavenly body will be at a point in time and an engineer can land a device on it.

the climate alarmists keep making predictions that never come to pass.

O brave new world.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

make a thread about it when you are ready to do it. im willing to help with funding.

this bill nye shit is madness, I can't believe how crude that song was, at the same time, most of the 'alt-right' retards are just angry degenerates themselves with their own disgusting opinions that they would love to push on everyone if netflix gave them a show too. could be that the extreme ends of either side are both shitheads but hey who knows

Actually ignorance about evolution is what caused the rise of antibiotic resistant bacteria.

not to mention potato nigger, "right wing" in the USA is absolutely fucking different from "right wing" in any other part of the world. prove me wrong.

Getting a prenup before marrying her would be the smartest thing he will ever do.

English majors need to perpetually burn.

that's not true at all

while what's occurred with bacteria proves adaptations and helps aid the theory of evolution, to blame the denial that man came from ape for this is outright retarded.

Engineers are almost 100 percent conservative unless female.

90% of left activist come from art and humanities
> doing politics so that they do not starve because of their retarded choices

Humanism is trash.
Supranational logic is superior to scientism.
Genuine science was hidden from the profane with allegory and symbols, and incidental technological "inventions" were kept from the masses.

Then the puffers and other fools came during the "renaissance" and spread their false knowledge to the profane, which did not change their ontological nature as such that knowledge was of essentially no value. And now we have the modern world of McDonald's and NFL, where the profane is exalted over the sacral.

I've not heard of the study so forgive me if I don't know the details, but how is producing carbon monoxide an improvement?

>When did it drift away from being an impartial, objective assessment of facts and evidence and become the shitshow it is today?
Consensus. Can't verify everything, goy, you better trust the experts.

Will do. Next to accreditation, funding for the lab will be the biggest challenge. However, providing a lean training program will be attractive to students and employers alike. My advisor is older, so I plan to poach all of his lab technicians when he passes.

Because all that the US political right cares about is the bible.

Fuck the cis-white-male patriarchy and the "Enlightenment"

See, this is what I mean. You either accept the objective science and the subjective science, or you deny both. Where is the Round earth/2 genders option?

yea, you don't fucking shit about galileo kepler and the others

the church liked them. they were literally the most religious. gas the kikes for rewriting history.

carbon monoxide is not a greenhouse gas

while toxic to humans and most animal species, it has no real effect on the environment.

In fact, the carbon monoxide may actually help plants grow and aid in decomposition fertilization of the soil.
>when you compost you need to balance the nitrogen to the carbon, usually there is more nitrogen than carbon, this would help with that.

kys

It's almost like Sociology was invented by Karl Marx.

Reality has a liberal bias.

It's not. This is pop-sci garbage and has nothing to do with actual science. /sci/ fucking hates this guy.

Because the ultimate proof and finishing points are generally those backed with 'scientific fact'. - the problem is these so called scientists are paid opposition. A true scientist is in it for truth and fact, these paid shills will change figures and retails to prove a point. A point they are paid to prove.

The Death of God.

The advent of science brought about the death of "God" as an idea and foundation of Western culture.

It has since been supplanted by "Science". Just as governments of the past used God and religion as a pretext and foundation for control of their people, the governments of the post-Death of God West are maneuvering to use Science for the same ends.

imo they got exactly what they wanted. a distrction this board is now filled with lulz bill (((((nye)))) and nothing else.

you are god damned retarded.

he's not user

he might be tin-foiling but the concept has merit to it.

science is brought to us through the schools and, more recently, through media.

Guess which party controls both of these institutions?

Maybe you're the retarded one for perpetuating the fallacy that man evolved from 'apes' as we know them today. A common ancestor produced both humans and apes through speciation.

>omnia ab uno et in unum omnia

Speaking of global warming, the "green movement" people are the worst cancer of all.

It doesn't even matter if global warming is real or not. Because what's their "solution"? Carbon taxes and subsidiaries to meme energy like wind/solar that will NEVER be viable. The only effect of their policies is to shut down American industries who can no longer operate at a profit under retarded EPA regulations. And then what happens? Those industries move over to china. Where they generate just as much if not more pollution (and last I checked, global warming means that it doesn't matter what country its coming from). But now the profits go to china and the american workers are out of business. In fact, the vast majority of any global warming would be coming from shitholes like india and china. Not USA. It's retarded to think that the USA slapping on some taxes will somehow do anything at all.

But more importantly, there ARE tangible ways we could be greener. but they're things the greenfags don't want either.
The cleanest and most viable form of alternative energy is NUCLEAR. But the greenfags hate this, because reasons. "oooh something something green goo godzilla simpsons chernobyl" is their logic. It's utterly retarded.
They hate hydroelectric power too, because the dams create reservoirs and destroy habitats.
Or how about overpopulation? Obviously, global warming is most closely tied with how many people there are. The more people, the more industrialization, the more global warming. And white populations are stable; it's the populations in places like india, arabia, and africa that are exploding. 4 billion niggers in africa by 2040, IIRC. But do you see them say anything about this? No. In fact, these are the SAME PEOPLE who talk about "feeding africa" and curing them of diseases and providing more aid, which will only serve to cause their populations to explode EVEN FURTHER. It's completely contradictory.

Bottom line: greenfags are just marxists under a facade.

I find it really strange since so many liberals base their political opinions on feelings instead of scientific facts.

Every abortion argument ever hinges on emotion, not facts.
Every pro-refugee argument hinges on emotion, not facts.
Every anti-Trump rally hinges on emotion, not facts.
Every antifa rally hinges on emotion, not facts.
>Every time someone says "there are more than two genders" they are not using science or facts.
Even the march for science protest, the signs people held were just funny jabs at the president, there were no facts.

>that isn't the problem, the problem is Africans

Actually, sustainable agriculture is a worldwide problem. Modern industrial farming methods are destroying once fertile land and causing massive environmental pollution and depleting ground water.

Bill Nye doesn't have anything to do with science you nigger

Social Sciences have been leftist for a long time, and more recently it spilled over into STEM subjects in universities

If I recall, he's economically right-wing but socially left-wing. He's a lolbertarian. I suppose it could be worse.

Because conservatives were content to sit back and let the leftists roam free as they pleased unquestioned.

Seriously, when I was growing up I didn't hear one single peep, one dissenting opinion from old crusty ass conservatives and right wingers beyond generic patriotism. (Which I love by the way, but it isn't the point right now). They sat back, did nothing. And their children did nothing, then their children did nothing.

And now it falls to us, we're the ones going out into the streets debating leftards, showing them that trannies actually aren't a legitimate gender all of their own with scientific reasoning while the left goes into full defense mode. Memeing people into power for the fuck of it. Seriously think of it, where are all the old people in all of this? There are a handful of baby boomers here and there that actually care but they are few and far between, and even then most of them are leftists.

That would be the fault of doctors, who are supposed to be well-versed in the biological sciences.

Not the fault of a layman. your everyday plumber or carpenter or factory worker. My point still stands.

I'd much rather have everyone believe the earth is 6000 years old than believe that gender is fluid.

This, Science is the new religion, the new opiate of the masses.

They talk about a "carbon tax" like big companies would even be affected, instead of trickling the effects down to the common man through higher prices, lower wages etc.