The term "Holocaust Denier"

Most people would never even consider the fact that what they were taught in high school was fake. Why would they? The first time I ever heard of the idea was when Iran's Ahmadinejad said it years ago and it sounded like the craziest thing in the world. I've heard this term so often on tv lately though... Sean Spicer's oy vey moment, Trump's speech today, and dozens of times on the news in the last couple months. Does the media not realize that by accusing people of Holocaust denial is only going to drive more people to investigate it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VYSGCpGMhZc
i.imgur.com/nUtifYK
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yup, look up Streisand Effect - the media/cia invented this

Right but are they not smart enough to prevent a Streisand Effect from starting in the first place? This just seems idiotic.

bump

It's one of those labels (((they))) have gotten so used to being a trump card in ending a debate that they just spam it reflexively at anyone who even begins to question their narrative. The problem with that is people who are asking legitimate questions are only going to be encouraged to qualify and refine their position in response making it even harder to keep up the facade.

I get that but I feel like it hasn't been used as a trump card regularly in the media until recently. My question is why do they think this won't cause a Streisand Effect? Are they really that dumb?

>why do they think this won't cause a Streisand Effect? Are they really that dumb?

Maybe not dumb, but it's like antibiotics. Calling someone a "Holocaust denier" solved all their problems and they never had to think beyond that. Their opponents are just becoming immune to it and they're only just now starting to think of what to do when someone isn't afraid of their label. The scary part is thinking of the sorts of conditioning they'll impose on future generations to keep them from questioning the Holohoax in the first place.

That might be tougher than they think given how based Gen Z is. Some 5th grader is going to turn in a paper with the thesis "gas the likes race war now"

My cousin was a holocaust skeptic, and I always thought he was being foolish/was brainwashed/was a Nazi skinhead when I was younger because I never had any reason to question the narrative.

Now that I've gotten older and done a bit more research on the holocaust, I can safely call myself a skeptic too.

My family doesn't talk with his anymore, so we rarely see each other, but if you're reading this, man, know I'm sorry. I'm sorry for ever calling you a "denier." I'm sorry for buying the half-truths and obfuscations that were fed to me in high school. I'm sorry for pigeonholing you as a "conspiracy theorist" because my parents did. I'm sorry for ever telling anybody about "my crazy Nazi cousin." I should have listened more intently to you while you were still in my life, but since you seem like the type to browse Sup Forums, I'll just settle for saying here that I am so, so sorry.

It's crazy what happens when you actually question things, have an open mind and think critically

I liked how you compared it to antibiotics. Pretty damn good. Not being sarcastic.

I actually was skeptical about the holocaust from a young age. When I was in around the 8th grade I use to play a lot of video games, and one of those was Call of Duty zombies. I used to follow the storyline and what not from YouTubers. The story is heavily tied to a lot of Nazi superstition stuff and I was super interested in actually looking into more history about Nazi Germany.

Eventually I started reading online and watching videos about Nazi Germany. I still assumed the holocaust happened but I just never really cared. I was more intrigued by Hitlers rise to power than how many Jews were killed or whatever.

I started to find out how Germany was absolutely fucked after WWI and why Hitler didn't like Jews. It started to make more sense to me than anything I learned in school. In school I don't ever recall actually learning about how Hitler came to power or why he didn't like the Jews.

Every teacher would basically just tell us he blamed the Jews and used them as a scapegoat. Never would give us a reason exactly WHY it was the Jews.

It might not work on us, but most sheeps eat it up, though.

so what does this "research" look like?

Spend a week watching The Greatest Story Never Told, save some redpill infographs from 4chinz, look up some old David Irving, Eric Hunt and 90s David Cole videos, maybe pay codoh a small visit and call it a day?

Is that the height of your "research"?

Then there's some of us who keep digging till we realize historians were right after all, and no point argued even by the smartest revisionist skeptic can stand up to true scrutiny.

The holocaust happened. If you hate Jews you might as well celebrate their culling than acting like mouth breathing retards and claim all censuses ever conducted since 1945 are lying.

Uninitiated jew shill here. Care to link me to anything showing that it didn't happen?

(((They))) have grown arrogant and haven't ever had to truly deal with people questioning the holocaust.
(((They))) don't seem to understand that the more you censor an opinion or view point, the more valid it seems to the general public

There has been little opposition to the Holocaust because it's frowned upon to even question it. It's outlawed to due to do so in many places. Historians who even question the holocaust often end up blacklisted.

If you can be watch that documentary objectively and spot the obvious propaganda, there are some points made that deserve some further investigation. For example, I'd never heard of the Jewish guy who made a documentary in Auschwitz where the staff there admitted that the chimneys on the "gas chamber" building were added after the war, or how the Jews led an attempt to overthrow the German government and replace it with a communist one in 1919.

I think this is why white pride is becoming so prevalent. Whites are becoming immune from all the white guilt and white shaming (((they))) were pushing.

youtube.com/watch?v=VYSGCpGMhZc

regarding the chimney, pic related shows wartime aerial photos that show the original. It too stood apart from the gas chamber building (underground chimney flues), was damaged, and rebuilt from scratch, hence it is slightly shifted but the fact remains that the historic crematorium 1 had a chimey and it wasnt connected to the building at ground level.

regarding TGSNT, you might want to read a half arsed attempt I made to debunk TGSNT.

I say half arsed because there's 6.5 hours of it and large sections are just footage with the same music on repeat, it gets tedious to sift through it all:

i.imgur.com/nUtifYK

This move to Palestine was thought-up long before Hitler came to power.

Think of this; why is the "Shindlers' list" movie MANDATORY watching in USA high school history classes?

Now, look at my pic.

The important thing is just realizing that a lot of it doesn't make sense. You can draw the conclusion whether or not to believe it did yourself. For the most part it doesn't matter if it did or not as the general population still heavily believes it did.

I think its more important that you realize that a lot of the stories and numbers don't add up. You should also learn more about Nazi Germany itself and how exactly Hitler came to power and what his goals were. Most people have no clue what Hitler actually wanted. They just go on believing he wanted to take the world over for Germans and other things like that.

I'm skeptical of the holocaust and don't believe Hitler was some supreme evil dictator like everyone is led to think.

I just assume the holocaust did happen because life is easier that way, but I would not be surprised one bit if it didn't.

I can certainly say it's exaggerated to a high degree for political gain.