On the reliability of (((history)))

I've gotten to the point where I can no longer trust history from before the digital age.

Books, secondary sources, religious texts, written accounts--they've all been copied down and distorted thousands of times by the hands of flawed, fragile humans.

There's no audit trail, no record of the original document, no accountability--and thus, no truth.

As far as I'm concerned, everything we were told happened before ~1970 is a lie

Does Sup Forums still trust history?

Other urls found in this thread:

comroestudios.com/StanHanna/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

History was always written by the (((winners)))

I think the modern era before the Napoleonic age is more or less accurate. Of course people will distort events with religious or racial connotations such as the crusades and imperialism . Once you get into the 1900s everything goes to shit with world conflict, false flags, big gov, and propaganda.

Do you really trust the history between 500 and 1500? The church had their hands all over it

Dates and people involved are typically known. The why's and the how's are usually the one's up for debate. The why's in particular are vulnerable to revisionism. I think the major issue is the "wikipediaisation" of history where everything is broken down to a page or so of information.

I would strongly recommend reading "official histories" to get an accurate opinion. They are sanctioned by governments and typically written immediately after the event. Most have unusual errors or omissions, but that sometimes says more than a lie.

I would recommend Austria Hungary's WWI history since it offers a view of the war not too many people talk about as well as contemporary opinions about the ethnic struggles at play--something most modern articles really don't go too into.

comroestudios.com/StanHanna/

> from before the digital age.
You shouldn't trust that one either. Unpleasant facts are being scrubbed off the interned and articles rewritten.

There was a big thing where Soros and Trump were charged with conspiracy of GM tower insurance fraud. The only thing you can find about it now are dead links and references.

I trust rough events, dates, etc.

However I have no trust left for who were good guys and bad guys. Not even for current news.

You are just now realizing this?

daily reminder that Hitler was a Jewish puppet that was used to killed the Jews in Europe in order to create the state of Israel.

Hitler was a jewlover

I know exactly what you mean

>implying Hitler killed Jews
>Implying holohoax happened

To reddit with you, kike

I think seeing the lugenpresse engaged in a full court press against Trump this past week is what really opened my eyes

today i got a push notification from google news that says "why trump must end his budget brimkanship over the border wall"

>Isn't it the fucking democrats who are threatening to not fund the federal government
>Isn't it Trump's fucking mandate to build the border wall
>Isn't it Google's job to give me news and not editorialize?
>Is this editorial really worthy of a push notification?

If i didn't have the vast access to media that I do, I would probably not even question anything. The fact that I can go out and find alternative sources is the only reason I'm not swallowing their bullshit wholesale.

I can't even imagine how easy it must have been to control humans before the digital age

see.

thats what the jews want you think.

its perfect

>I can't even imagine how easy it must have been to control humans before the digital age

You sir make a very good point.
Its frightening when you think about it

You did have people without any connection to each other writing about the same topics though.
If two or (ideally) more people from different realms wrote the same things about an even I guess one can presume them being relatively accurate.
Obviously nothing you only heard is 100% accurate. Being the primary source of information is the only way.

>Does Sup Forums still trust history?
Of course not.
If you can't even trust news written today, how can you trust news written 100 years ago?
It's all bullshit.

the past is irrelevant.

op, I set you free. stop following the news, politics, or even entertainment updates. be free of time forever, just live and be chill bruh. it's your life, live it exactly the way you wish

that's kind of where I'm headed, but in a much, much more radical way

Can you imagine what history would say about the US if WW2 went differently?

>greedy capitalists who tried to play both sides of the war economically
>only got in the war once the needed to and after all the real fighting was done
>knew Japan wanted to surrender but dropped the bomb anyway because Truman wanted to show Stalin who had the bigger dick
>Stalin didn't give a fuck because he already knew U.S. had the bomb

and it's all true, famm

>everything we were told happened before ~1970 is a lie

Current news events are manipulated and interpreted with bias and agendas via the media in real time. The history of the present is always being re-written in real time, plus retrospectively going forward.