Are liberals taking over society?

In university it is LEFT-WING/COMMUNIST only thinking. POLITICAL CORRECTNESS is widespread. You CANNOT be a Christian (okay to be a Muslim) you CANNOT be against gay marriage/LGBT. YOU CANNOT be conservative, you CANNOT be a republican.

YOU CANNOT be a man. WTF?

I am surrounded by liberals.

Are liberals taking over?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=k1h-8hn1T0E
campusreform.org/
pastebin.com/BA4vz5KC
blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2012/03/where-the-wild-clines-arent/#.WQAVJxLytn5
edge.org/response-detail/23838
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Are liberals taking over?
Yeah but it's backfiring pretty bad.

>*badly

>You CANNOT be a Christian
I seriously hate this shitty meme.

Liberals are losing the culture war and they know it. That's why they're doubling down on the crazy.

I'm an atheist and I don't think atheists should be leading us.
I sure as shit wouldn't vote for someone dumb enough to identify as an atheist.

No, they're just more vocal. Everyone else keeps their voice down so their cars don't get keyed.

I'm so glad I went to SMU.

The fuck are you saying?

I mean it's not illegal to be a christian, but you're out of your fucking mind if you think the American intelligentsia caste doesn't ridicule christians and their values.

What's wrong with political correctness? What do you want to say that you feel political correctness infringes upon?

How do we convince liberals to tell Israel to open their borders, or force them to?

>SJWpretendingToBeAltrightWithMask.jpg

Sup Forums keeps telling me college is liberal only but thats not my experience. im right winged, my friends are, and ive had several professors that are.

The problem is the vocal ones are the ones entering politics and getting jobs at the "respectable" media outlets.

Where do you go to school?

(((political correctness)))

yes but remember you're better than all of them so hope that makes you feel better

>What's wrong with political correctness?

Try saying in a public forum that sometimes black people who are on welfare have more kids than they can bring up in a healthy manner (a verifiable fact) and your face will be plastered all over social media and you will be ostracized as a bigot.

I had a gov teacher that called America a fascist country and said that right wingers have no place in society as they're "anti-equality." You've probably just gotten lucky.

A small state school in Oregon. And keep in mind, there's plenty of liberal bullshit and gender studies classes. I see flyers for trans people daily, but I'm not being force to believe in fake genders.

I've won a debate on Trump's wall, told people why their fake genders are fake and still am allowed to attend.

The left hate me by definition:

>Grew up in rural south
>Redneck upbringing
>Never went to good schools
>Didn't know what NPR was until my 20s
>Went to a mostly white high school
>Never seen an Indian (from India) until my 20s
>Never met anyone Jewish until my 20s
>Thought certain chain restaurants were luxury eating
>Religious, Christian

Now I go to a university that tells me my entire upbringing is crap. How is that suppose to make me feel?

Is that an isolated statement, or is it used to illustrate a larger point that the mainstream doesn't agree with?

No, extremely vocal minority

Perfect answer. It shields the left from facing uncomfortable truths and lets them push public policy based on lies.

We have had the same upbringing, but I haven't been insulted for it. What are you referring to?

Did you see how the #WhiteBabyChallenge Mormon mom was put on blast by the MSM? Political Correctness = White Genocide

Political Correctness is a shield to hide behind rhetoric that is hateful to one group, but not another.
Which of the following statements are not politically correct?

>The white man has benefited from American spoils for too long and should be sent back to his native homeland of Europe
>The black man has benefited from American spoils for too long and should be sent back to his native homeland of Africa

Because both of them are equally fucking awful to say, but only one of them is politically correct to say.
That's why there is such a backlash against it. People like Jon Oliver and Trevor Noah have made careers hiding behind it like a shield. Only lowering it to throw arguments out where it benefits them.

Let's hear an example from a Democratic nominee for senator who thinks you should kill yourself you hateful white man.
youtube.com/watch?v=k1h-8hn1T0E

Call them islamophobic racist shitlords

campusreform.org/

Just browse this for awhile.

Did you debate him at all?

Liberals and leftists are two different things senpai.

That is why nothing happened to bill o'reilly

She wanted white people to have babies. That means she's a hateful bitch.

Technically they have been taking over since the 30's.

Pretty much at the point women were given the vote really, then the progressive agenda, then the new plan, then eventually the new world order.
What you see now is the result of decades of media consolidation and indoctrination into the boomer generation, academia infestation, overton window shifting and thought policing measures being slowly implemented.

Right on Comrad

I go to a very liberal college. It isn't that I am insulted directly, but rather implicitly. Everyone assumes I had the same upbringing as them, unless I mention it. I hear people openly bashing others from my background and as a result I feel like they are attacking me implicitly.

Also, I have male friends attacking me for approaching girls in a "safe" manner. E.g. I think one may be interested in me, so I asked if she'd study with me and got really excited when she said yes. My friend said he detected I was attracted to her and I shouldn't be asking her to study with me if I had the hopes it would naturally turn into anything more. Basically telling me what I was doing was wrong. Wtf?

My favorite site as a college student.

No but they own the Media

>Post brexit related things on Facebook
>butthurt uni "friends" message me telling me why I'm wrong.
>Regarded as a shit by some, most just disagree with me but don't really care. Some unfriend me
>Decide to not post anything at all about Trump since I can't be bothered anymore and Facebook politics is autism
>Post one single marginally supportive comment after he wins
>3 people unfriend me

wew

No, I walked out. He's an awful dude. On the first day of class, he had us write down what political ideology we most align with (First warning sign). And then he posted our names with revealing information about which political ideology we side with.

No, but promoting one race over another is hardly an agreeable sentiment. (I looked at the white baby Challenge for only a second.)

I think the issue is more with long standing offensive terms. Changing the rhetoric to one of tolerance is going to cross boundaries until a balanced is reached. And we're in tumultuous times.

Getting people fired is their modus operandi, but that also breeds resentment in the general public. Just look at what happened with Charles Murray. Sure the liberals shouted him down, but they also got him a lot of sympathy. The left seems to be under the impression that all of their problems will go away provided they do enough social engineering. They don't realize that heavy-handed social engineering of that nature has iatrogenic effects.

Meant for the OP

BMCC?

Just look at the dude like he's batshit crazy, then tell the dude he's batshit crazy. Then move on and don't talk to that faggot again.

>I think the issue is more with long standing offensive terms
That's a motte and bailey tactic the left uses. Look at Jordan Peterson and his refusal to use nonbinary pronouns. The backlash arose because he refused to use compelled speech, not because he used long standing offensive terms.

>going on jewbook
that guy is a fucking faggot and wouldnt have been open to an argument anyways. good you just got away from him. it might be a good idea to discuss that with your college administrators

SOU

you're about 20-30 years late lad

Thanks. I thought there was something wrong with me

Yeah in university and that's about it.

And Slate, The Atlantic, The New York Times, Salon, CNN, NPR, etc. Not to mention the fact that the most insufferable college leftists of today are the ones who will be crafting public policy tomorrow.

>What do you want to say that you feel political correctness infringes upon?

Fuck you, you nigger loving kike faggot.

>taking over

That's why conservatives lost.

They took it over 20 years ago, and you dipshits were too high on money to notice.

I think I'm gonna start compiling a link dump of the worst examples of political correctness. I'll be able to dump it at a moment's notice whenever shills use the "Why is PC bad?" meme. I already have a race realism link dump and it's been pretty effective at shutting down shills.

I'd like to take a look at either of those.

>caring about msms
>not sending right winged people into the same policy making decisions

I got into a debate with 29 girls ( I am the only guy in the class) into why social constructivism is wrong.
>muh reality is socially created
>what ever I believe is true
>but your truth for believing other wise isn't

I was saying it ends up in a contradiction. they kept on bringing in Culture. I thought perfect we can use this to reality social construction with reality. I said to consider the western scientific method in comparison to an approach that gets their "truth" from smearing cake all over everything and claiming shit. They all called me problematic for belittling any other scientific approach that wasn't western.

Not sure how much longer I can take it without losing my shit, lads.

sadly, the average middle/working class person is too close to the precipice of ruin and too stupid to fight for abstract principles anymore. if you have to work all day, every day, just to survive, and one wrong move will fuck you and your family hardcore, you really can't afford to defend unpopular opinions, and it might not occur to you that there's a slippery slope of more and more opinions that are becoming unacceptable. at some point, regardless of what you personally think, the average person generally has to say, fine, let the cute little kid "choose his gender" (i.e. mutilate himself at the behest of his parents), fine, let that one opinion that most people don't have not be allowed any more (can you imagine that it might be illegal to question the veracity of a historical event? would you go to jail for denying the khmer rouge, or civil war?)

Here's the race realism one.
pastebin.com/BA4vz5KC

>caring about msms
I care about the fact that a large chunk of the general public cares what MSM has to say. Why wouldn't this be a concern?
>not sending right winged people into the same policy making decisions
That's difficult when the non-stem fields are completely overrun with leftist ideologues. The universities have become leftist indoctrination camps, yet their degrees are essential if you want to hold any substantial position in society.

You need to care about these things.

>I said to consider the western scientific method in comparison to an approach that gets their "truth" from smearing cake all over everything and claiming shit. They all called me problematic for belittling any other scientific approach that wasn't western.
Holy fuck those girls are dumb as shit. What class is this?

This.
The typical atheist is an autistic redditor with a 105iq that believes "everything is okay so long as it isn't directly hurting anyone".
Shame all the non
>I am the only guy in the class
Why would you major in psychology?
All government funding should be removed from colleges desu. Or at least some workaround provided.
The "right wing" in this country is so shit. It never confronts the actual issues, namely subsidized mandatory brainwashing.
Full suffrage republic is the worst form of government.

This was a class about writing. Wasn't anything significant (trying to get good at writing for career purposes)

This topic came up because we were discussing social constructivism as a theory to teaching writing. And since my major is philosophy(getting a masters in education later on), I couldn't keep quiet.

This will never help your point. You expect someone to look through 20 scientific papers that back up your point? I'm not debating whether or not you're right. I'm saying that no one on any side is going to look at all these scientific papers. And causing someone to lose interest in an argument because you've given them a shitload of work to do is not winning anybody over. This is arduous.

That's because most of the people here are uneducated shut-ins. I also had several conservative professors.

Whenever they bring up a point it helps if I can point to a paper that refutes them. For example one time a guy was claiming race wasn't real. He challenged someone to find a scientific paper that said there was a biological basis for race. Sure enough, there were papers of that nature in the link dump. When I showed this to him he didn't know how to respond and so he deflected, which earned him a lot of ridicule from everyone else in the thread.
Plus it's good information to spread around. The ones who are interested in human biodiversity will enjoy the links. This is information that people ought to know.

Masters in education? You're fighting the good fight, user. I hope everything works out for you.

Me too. Only openly leftie teacher I had was an English teacher so I didn't really give a fuck. All of my political science, government and economics professors were right wing and the rest have been apolitical even though they're probably lefties themselves.

I was looking at some of your scientific papers linked. "Human genetic variation is geographically structured" and corresponds with race.

The conclusion states "...human populations are seldom demarcated by precise genetic boundaries. Substantial overlap can therefore occur between populations, invalidating the concept that populations (or races) are discrete types."

"Race remains an inflammatory issue, both socially and scientifically. Fortunately, modern human genetics can deliver the salutary message that human populations share most of their genetic variation and that there is no scientific support for the concept that human populations are discrete, nonoverlapping entities. "

I've had the same experience I go to a branch campus of university of Houston called UH Clear Lake

the paper also states this
>Data from many sources have shown that humans are genetically homogeneous and that genetic variation tends to be shared widely among populations. Genetic variation is geographically structured, as expected from the partial isolation of human populations during much of their history. Because traditional concepts of race are in turn correlated with geography, it is inaccurate to state that race is "biologically meaningless."

>it is inaccurate to state that race is "biologically meaningless."
Was the key sentence in the context of the conversation I had.

>invalidating the concept that populations (or races) are discrete types
Nobody in the HBD or race realism community makes that claim.

The argument this paper is making is that the race is not biologically meaningless, in respect to illnesses that arise in different races, such as sickle-cell or cystic fibrosis.,

*(((they)))
ftfy

Here in Quebec, it's almost entirely full of liberals and leftists idiots. Talk about the California of Canada.

So in Quebec, you could say that libtards have pretty much taken over the province..

This is the argument the paper is making.
>We review the results of genetic analyses that show that human genetic variation is geographically structured, in accord with historical patterns of gene flow and genetic drift.
>These clusters are also correlated with some traditional concepts of race, but the correlations are imperfect because genetic variation tends to be distributed in a continuous, overlapping fashion among populations.

The continuous, overlapping distribution has been discussed elsewhere. It doesn't invalidate racial classifications.

blogs.discovermagazine.com/gnxp/2012/03/where-the-wild-clines-arent/#.WQAVJxLytn5

The illnesses you referenced in your post are included in the paper to illustrate possible uses of their findings.

Am I correct in assuming you're not into the whole race realism thing, or are you just playing devil's advocate?

Athiests deserve to be hung. I sure as hell wouldn't vote for someone dumb enough to state they don't believe in any higher being at all. That's illogical.

>In university
Go somewhere else and you'll quickly see how sane people really are.

They ridicule Christian beliefs that are incompatible with reality. At least in the Midwest, almost everyone is either christian enough themselves or likes christians

They also ridicule pro-life christians.

I mean, the correlations with race are imperfect, as the text you linked states. So we can't reasonably rely on them.

I'm not into the whole race realism thing, no. The scientific articles I've seen so far have vague connections, or they're being done by scientists with a questionable quality of research/suspected bias, as is the case with J. Philippe Rushton.

How many of these studies have had their result replicated? I mean, the 1976 Minnesota Transracial Adoption Study had only 21 black children. That's an incredibly small sample size. And there are many other factors to consider in this study.

The science behind this is not popular, and it is regarded in the mainstream scientific community as pseudoscience.

try hanging around in a place they don't think so much

College will be over in a couple years, the working world is conservative.

If this college is really distressing you, transfer to a (1) better (2) conservative college. Make sure you "step up" during the transfer, not down.

>mainstream scientific community
By geneticists or """""Social scientists""""""?
If it was such bullshit why not do a bunch of studies to show how bullshit it is?
After all if it's true you get acclaim and you get to debunk "one of the great evils of the time".

How can you talk about "bias" in terms of Rushton when he has far more to gain from towing the line?
Yet, the mainstream equality theme, pushed more by sociologists and political groups than actual scientists, gets its obvious bias ignored?

Indeed. I don't have the actual stats, if there are any, but we could say safely that 6 out of 10 liberals turn conservative around age 30. After working for a decade, presumable car payment, credit card experience, taxes, possible home ownership etc. You'd be a fucking colossal moron to not be right-wing after all that adds up.

Come to uni of TN bro, not a fucking liberal in sight.

I do not feel that this research would stand up to strict scientific scrutiny. These are isolated papers, and further research is necessary on these same specific genetic topics to validate the findings.

Just because they released a scientific article today about wax worms eating plastic doesn't mean that it's a viable strategy for plastic removal, much more study needs to be done to verify the findings.

>I mean, the correlations with race are imperfect, as the text you linked states. So we can't reasonably rely on them.
"Reasonable" is an ambiguous term. The left is operating under the assumption that any difference in outcomes between two groups must be the result of oppression. Crafting policy based off of that assumption does nothing but create strife and move us towards a Harrison Bergeron style dystopia. We need to look at these correlations and acknowledge that it's very well possible that there are inborn behavioral and cognitive differences between races.

>it is regarded in the mainstream scientific community as pseudoscience
Do you really think that's not ideologically driven? It doesn't matter anyway, as advances in behavioral genetics are going to force people to deal with some uncomfortable truths. There are SNPs that influence intelligence that are not evenly distributed among populations. Just browse SNPedia and you'll see it's true.

We need to take this shit seriously. The Chinese are.
edge.org/response-detail/23838
>These IQ gene-sets will be found eventually—but will probably be used mostly in China, for China. Potentially, the results would allow all Chinese couples to maximize the intelligence of their offspring by selecting among their own fertilized eggs for the one or two that include the highest likelihood of the highest intelligence. Given the Mendelian genetic lottery, the kids produced by any one couple typically differ by 5 to 15 IQ points. So this method of "preimplantation embryo selection" might allow IQ within every Chinese family to increase by 5 to 15 IQ points per generation. After a couple of generations, it would be game over for Western global competitiveness.

This is exactly why I left my school, got a good paying job at a factory, and am joining the military soon. Let the libcucks have their school. They can't find work anywhere afterwards anyways because they have no work experience. Be a real man and work your balls off, take a couple classes during the little bit of free time you have between shifts, work your way up the ladder, and provide enough for your white Christian family so that your wife can be a stay at home mom. And don't raise faggot children. Teach them how to shoot by 8 years old. Your happiness in life will increase dramatically, OP.

>Just because they released a scientific article today about wax worms eating plastic doesn't mean that it's a viable strategy for plastic removal, much more study needs to be done to verify the findings.

That doesn't mean we should rule out the possibility of those worms being used for plastic removal. Like I said in an earlier post, the left is pushing the narrative that any difference in outcomes between two groups must be the result of oppression. Then they actively try to silence those who contest that narrative.

Not an argument.

What should we base our policy off of, then?

Literally the first person I talk to on omegle

>further research is necessary on these same specific genetic topics to validate the findings
Certainly, further research never hurts. But it's better to be safe than import people that will probably reduce your average iq to 90 because they might not.

Go to a different university?