Do you support a higher Min Wage Sup Forums?

twitter.com/SenSanders/status/856894937329266688

Why or why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Womens-Programmer-Interject-Copypasta-T-shirt/dp/B0718WK2YX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493179477&sr=8-1&keywords=interject+tshirt&th=1
youtube.com/watch?v=kVnO3Ru2N7s
yahoo.com/news/australias-sky-high-household-debt-ticking-time-bomb-033711599--finance.html
youtube.com/watch?v=x-BGi4NIFww
ny.gov/new-york-states-minimum-wage/new-york-states-minimum-wage
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

There is no reason to support it unless you deliberately seek to put people out of work

>sage

You CAN live off min wage.

The problem is people making min wage are fucking stupid and do shit like buy iphones on $80/mo plans and get raped like retarded hipsters

I support it only because the cost of living has increased so much. Even though it has all sorts of messy economic implications, it also might have some net benefits. If low-wage workers are replaced with robots then it might encourage them to better their circumstances. MIGHT. Or it might cause an explosion in welfare recipients & therefor hasten the inevitable implosion of the welfare state.

Poor people shouldn't be penalized for being poor in the same way rich people shouldn't.

Get a fucking good paying job then its as simple as that

It should be raised to a living wage, also low skill immigration needs to be cut.

Why don't the states raise the minimum wages?

The problem with a federal minimum wage is that it's a flat rate for the entire country and some areas are far more expensive than others.

For example if you lived in a rural area you could easily live on $7.25 since you barely pay any taxes.

But in NY it's basically a death sentence.

Yet the jew gov in NY never raises it.

Uh, no. It'd fuck with the economy and some companies wouldn't have the money/or want to pay for as many workers, and so it'd put people out of their jobs. Y'all just need to grow the fuck up and learn to manage your money like an adult. Minimum wage is usually just supposed to be a basis until you get a better job or if you're in college. Minimum wage was not designed for people to buy high priced shit, it is exactly as it's named, MINIMUM wage. The absolute MINIMAL amount you can get paid, for more than likely the MINIMAL amount of work you can do at a job. People need to get off their asses and actually work for a better job, raising the minimum wage won't help them, and it might even put them out of a job.

At this point, if you're making minimum wage, fuck you. It's 100% your fault and have no one to blame. If you can't figure out how to get a better paying job, you don't deserve a better paying job, because no one wants to hire a retard.

Also if you are working a minimum wage job and can't figure out that you are going to need to eat Mac n cheese every day and not buy the newest iPhone, fuck off.

In that video frame i can already tell that person over eats, has nice furniture, and has enough money to buy novelty clothing to show their opinions. Surely minimum wage isn't enough.

>People still make minimum wage past the age of 20.
Maybe they made some poor life decisions. Maybe they should develop a strategy to improve their lot in life, such as reducing their cost of living, eliminating unnecessary expenses, or seeking better employment. That seems like a far more effective plan than waiting for the government to rescue them.

taco bell by my house is paying $13.25. Now if it were filled with teenagers instead of the 40 year old mexican immigrants that would be an awesome job to have with no rent or bills.

>increase minimum wage a few dollars
>stores in the area where all the poor people live all increase prices to compensate for the employees they now have to give more money to and the products from the other companies they buy from now costing more for the same reason
>can safely do this because there is more money per capita
>housing costs increase
>rich don't feel it
>middle class takes a hit and more leave towards the lower class
>poor stay poor

wtf I love the increases to minimum wage now!

A minimum wage saws the lower rungs off of the employment ladder. The higher it goes, the harder it will be to build references and get an actually decent job. The minimum wage should be abolished, not raised.

Furthermore, a higher minimum wage makes it harder to live on a low income, because you can't receive inexpensive services from other low-income people. Things like minimum wage prevent effective cooperation in poor communities, and help turn them into wretched slums full of idle people focused on crime or working the welfare system.

>young people literally are incapable of contemplating the idea that one could possibly spend more than 24% of their time obtaining currency

>Posting towards Twitter.com
Why isn't this a bannable offence yet?

Also OP what do you do when the minimum wage has raised but everyone's hours is cut to avoid the costs

>people that live in NY city and work in Mcdonalds and shit

How do they survive?

I've been to NY a few times, I guess they must live in New Jersey or something and take the metro to NY.

>buy novelty clothing to show their opinions.

why do people do this

get our norm rooooooooooo

No, because it just encourages the government to create more inflstion. Also no one has to accept a minimum wage job. Not our fault adults are working jobs meant for teenagers. They had their entire life to learn a job skill.

You got the link to that? I wsnt to buy it

She could be a fucking waitress and make well over minimum wage on tips alone.

>Fatty complaining about low wages

She clearly likes to do the minimum. Servers actually have to try to earn decent tips

amazon.com/Womens-Programmer-Interject-Copypasta-T-shirt/dp/B0718WK2YX/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1493179477&sr=8-1&keywords=interject+tshirt&th=1

Minimum wage is proportionate to the living expense of that area. So in NY, SF, etc it is much higher than in a rural area.

>no reviews
Nevermind

> starvation wage
> girl complaining is fat
What did Bernard mean by that?

Yeah. By a dollar or two. After lowering taxes on businesses.

I ordered one. It's an american apparel shirt

>Naive enough to believe that prices will remain the same when a minimum wage is elevated.

>Rents in Seatac, WA ($15/hour miminum wage) rose 37% last year.

Why are people so stupid?

If you plan to live your life on minimum Wage, your going to have a rough life. Learn a skill. Get some Business Clothes. Don't dye your hair strange colors and you will be fine.

Because they aren't in that ecosystem and don't fully understand the ramifications until it happens to them. By then it is too late.

min wage should be adjusted to match inflation and cost of living.
However min wage jobs are meant to be for young people and not 40 year old people who never passed highschool.

I agree with the first part, but the main issue about minimum wage jobs isn't the fact that they pay minimum wage, it's rather that no minimum wage job has full time hours for more than just a few people, including the managers. That's why you can't live off of it. Raising the minimum wage does not fix anything and only hikes up the prices of goods, among other things. If everyone who applied to a minimum wage job had a full time position, then there wouldn't be any complaining. But it's part time or seasonal only for practically every single one. If companies didn't have to give health insurance and benefits to full time employees, things might be slightly different, but from what I understand that's the main issue as to why hours are cut and nearly everyone in a retail job works it part time.

>At this point, if you're making minimum wage, fuck you. It's 100% your fault and have no one to blame.
Structural unemployment/underemployment.

There are all kinds of rules to prevent people moving easily into a new kind of work. They crowd in immigrants and guest workers to depress wages. They overregulate industries to limit them and protect the profits of established or favored players. The aim is to ensure that capital is powerful and labor is cheap, so the elite can turn money into more money forever, even if the labor contains the talent to just walk away from capital and bootstrap independent means of prosperity.

If 100 people are locked in a room and told to fight, and the room isn't unlocked until there are only 80 left, the problem isn't that the 20 who die aren't bad fighters, and you're not going to reduce that rate by training people to fight better. You see this kind of confusion all the time, where people are blamed for losing at an unnatural and unnecessary competition, because they weren't good enough at crushing their peers down into the muck.

Here is my case on how a high minimum wage, free college and other bernie policies would fail ESPECIALLY minimum wage.

youtube.com/watch?v=kVnO3Ru2N7s

>I support the rat race wheel and keeping those good nigs and chicanos in check so they can continue to launder votes for me

That girl is fat. Come back when she is skinny. Then we can talk starvation wages.

since we're just going to speak things into existence, let's just make the minimum wage $50/hour. that should solve everything

I'm just basing my views off how Australia already does things and it works pretty well.

with a nose like that, good thing the air is free at least

this, anyone who pays more than 15 CAD/month for a phone is a fucking retard

600 a week is certainly enough in most areas, especially since they pay no taxes. These assholes think they are entitled to a middle class life style when they have no redeemable skills.

You don't have a parasite class of 100 million people.

It depends on where you live. Here in Socal for example, minimum wage would afford you 18k at full hours. It is possible to survive if you live in a car, but living independently on such wages are next to impossible. In this case wages simply don't reflect the costs of living.

That's $15/hr, friend.

introduce work for the dole and put those 100 million people on public infrastructure

Guess what. Don't have 5 kids and then expect someone else to pay for them.

Learn how to use fucking condoms, beaners.

>raise minimum wage
>wagecucks start wasting even MORE money
>"waaah i can't afford muh living standard, what do I do?!" *tweets with 6000$ iphone 16*

no. it's a short term solution to the long term problem of Americans not having the skills to compete on the world market.

I support people getting off minimum wage jobs and being able to find work proper.

I support a lower population.

I support a permanent cutting off of all jobs, tax benefits, etc. to anyone who is not a legalized citizen of the United States of America.

I support a temporary ban on ALL foreigners trying to gain citizenship here until the majority of citizens are back on their feet and are able to exceed 'making ends meet'.

I'll sound almost like i'm about to do a fucking grocery advert here but, you get to have more AND pay less for it when there are less people to compete with.

>We want a high minimum wage
>We want endless immigration
What

Increase the EITC and cut payroll taxes instead. Raising the minimum wage is the shittiest way to "help" poor people.

If people making minimum wage want to earn more money then they need better skills, so they should be connected with low cost and short term training programs. There are programs like JobCorps and technical schools are everywhere. Low agency fucks shouldn't think they deserve a good salary just because they flip burgers or bag groceries.

>Raise minimum wage in Australia.
>Inflation rises.
>Housing market goes ape shit.
>Massive debt bubble created.
>Sistum werks gud.
>Fosters.

yahoo.com/news/australias-sky-high-household-debt-ticking-time-bomb-033711599--finance.html

I think they have tried work for welfare. Dems called it racist. The leach class here will never work. At least now they can't buy hot food in my state with their food stamps.

Take the Milton Friedman Pill. Abolish Minimum Wage altogether.

youtube.com/watch?v=x-BGi4NIFww

The housing bubble is due to a combination of things.
We still have negative gearing and the Chinese us the aus housing market to get their money out of China.
The govt does nothing about this because the govt makes loads of money through housing taxes and such from the Chinese.
We have loads of unused houses just sitting around because it's actually more profitable just to not have them used.
Aus has it and we force NEETs to do volunteer work. Would rather have them work on public infrastructure projects.

>tfw Dad's business has to give 10% raises to the rich spoiled teenage jew-brats he employs for the next 5 years

ny.gov/new-york-states-minimum-wage/new-york-states-minimum-wage

>mfw I still use my old nokia phone from 2005

IT JUST WERKS

It should be raised to the inflation adjusted level of what it was at its peak in the 60s, ~$12. From then on it should be indexed to inflation.

The cucks on Sup Forums will argue against this.

This is because Seattle refuses to zone multi family homes for the thousands of people moving there dumbass.

Epic straw man m8 there is a minimum wage that maximizes wage gains without affecting employment. Nobody is arguing for something retarded like a $50 minimum wage.

minimum wage is unncessary if you kick all shitskins out

mexicans can work for $1 a day because when they take that money back to mexico they can live like kings

all these faggot conservacucks say "lol just compete bro. why cant you compete with mexicans??": because its not a living wage for an american but it is a living wage for a mexican.

Lots of people here call theirselves NatSoc but, at the same time don't fucking care about workers. Tito Hitlah would be ashamed fags

Abolish minimum wag, cut all social services, and end immigration.

Institute a federal universal gauranteed income determined by some national medians.

Now we have a functioning labor market!

Yes, we live in a first world country that can absolutely afford to have a higher minimum wage. A minimum wage full-time job should cover the cost of living for most people, and it's a disgrace that most Americans can't even afford to pay rent for a shit apartment in the ghetto with what we currently have. Boomers bitch about raising the minimum wage because it's going to make their Big Mac slightly more expensive without even realizing that they're already more than making up the difference through taxes that go to welfare and food stamps. If people can't afford to survive on minimum wage then the government will gladly step in and support Shaniqua and her six little nigglets with money taken out of your pocket, so why the fuck would you rather not just pay for it voluntarily?

I've always been against raising the wage, but honestly 7.50 is way too low. $15 is too high. $10 is completely livable and a nice even number that's easy to calculate. Just make it 10.

No, Seattle Manlet, it's not.

Some Indian bitch who spent her life in tech upper management got hotel maids and fastfood workers to vote for a $15/hour wage in Seatac (a shithole that nobody wants to live in).

Uneducated electorate voted for it and it was implemented.

Businesses, be they small family ones or corporate giants, said "Hey, I want my part of that" and proceeded to raise prices.

Two years into this moronic "experiement," rents are now 37% higher than they were. So the shits that got the raise essentially passed it on to developers and rental management companies.

Seattle is so full of stupid fucking people like you. Soon morons like you will be driving from North Bend to your job at Penetrode in Bellevue because you can't afford an $800K house on a $150K/year salary.

Idiots...

Keep a low minimum wage, taxpayers subsidize poor people (see walmart).

In the video, one of them claimed that 600 a week wasn't enough.

no, stay the fuck away from my income.

I work 60 hours a week and make 44k a year I don't deserve to be punished for being productive.

Adopt a high minimum wage, taxpayers subsidize poor people through higher prices (see rents).

I don't even live in Seattle you projecting retard literature on it. The NIMBYs have kept 65% of Seattle zone for single families when more than 100K people have moved there.

I agree that $15 is too high but it's illogical to think that it singlehandedly caused an almost 40% rise in rents.

Oh right, I'm retarded. Forgot they have higher min wages.

Still, NYC a pretty shitty place to live. I liked visiting there a few times, but I can't anyone that isn't well off actively enjoying living there. It's a pretty left state though, so they might have a lot of welfare benefits.

I make $600/week living in the center of a major city and the money just keeps piling up. I could live on $7.25/hr the way I'm living right now, fuck the niggers that say you can't.

My SO has an associate's in a veterinary field and makes less than these losers want to jack the minimum wage up to. She's not a fucking investment banker, but she shouldn't be making less than some deadbeat who wants to work at McDonalds until they die.

Not to mention all that shit would do is cause companies to dive even deeper into automating low wage jobs, fucking even more unskilled workers out of employment.

These mother fuckers need to realize that shit tier jobs are simply for getting your feet off the ground, they aren't supposed to pay for your four kids and your irresponsible purchases.

don't listen to this user. i too live in socal (los angeles area) and minimum wage is very livable if you're alone. take like 2 minutes and do the math for yourself

Rents have also only increase 10% last year, no idea where you got that 37% number.

They're even dropping since the beginning of this year.

yeah if my wages go up in the same ratio

>tfw stopped paying for internet
>just been using my phone tether
>still get about 10-20mbps down because pretty good reception where I live
>unlimited data (it's supposed to get throttled after a certain point, but it never seems to happen)
>30 bucks a month compared to $80-$120 a month costs of the local ISPs available here

I mean, it only really sucks at like 5PM when everyone is coming home from work in their cars and using it a bunch.

Some people look at me weird when I tell them this, I assume it's because it's ghetto as fuck. But fuck, when I started doing this, I was poor as shit but didn't want to give up the internet.

Now I can afford decent internet, but I don't really want to upgrade. I've gotten used to it.

Kek, who the fuck in the US is starving on minimum wage? Clearly not OP's pic.

There's enough fat in her ugly ass nose to feed her 'starvation wage" body for a week.

So let's say you turn 15, and you wanna get a little extra money working after school. Ma and Pa's fish and chip shop around the corner know you well and they could use an extra set of hands during rush hour some evenings, but of course they're a small, locally owned business and can only give you $8 an hour. Now you don't give a shit - this is your first job, it isn't very difficult, and you get $96 each week in your pocket to buy a new game, or go to the movies with your mates! Hooray!

The government however decrees that everyone has to be paid $15 per hour. Now at first this seems good, since for your same work you're being paid double. But Ma and Pa aren't making double the money they did before. Demand for their store's goods hasn't increased at all and all that's happened is their labor costs have gone up. So they can either A) become more productive (difficult, considering it is a small and local business) B) cut back your hours, hurting the business productivity or C) pay you a now criminally low rate of $8 per hour, which is all they could afford in the first place, and risk being fined. So by placing a minimum wage, you have people who want to work and would be happy to work for a lower rate, businesses who can only afford the lower rate, but the government has made any arrangement like that illegal. The worker suffers, the business suffers, and the government who now isn't collecting taxes from either party, also suffers.

If the argument is that the cost of living is too high, then why is the solution a higher minimum wage? Why is the solution to not make the cost of living lower? Instead of a higher minimum wage, why not pass laws that encourage small businesses to open up? More small businesses mean more jobs, which means people have more money anyway, some of which goes to small businesses, and both the employee and employer are paying taxes which means more money for the government too.

Because it opens the door for dumb fucks like you to consider that there's enough money out there to fund just about every single hippy dippy program for every single human, and the people we propose we outright take that money from literally could not fathom the utterly minute difference it would make in their yearly income, let alone their day to day lives.

That obese pile of lard looks like a "starvation wage" would do it some good.

>Starving wage
>posts fat beaner as proof

Okay Bernie, back to bed mate, come on.

Oh my god. A resonable post on Sup Forums? i must be dreaming. I was going to type all this out, thanks for doing that for me.

>tfw get my first job and it pays $15/hour
Turns out working for conservatives is nice

Or cigarettes and lottery tickets.

Holy shit you're a fucking idiot. You make me sad to be a burger.

Go ahead, then. Explain to me why you would be personally devastated if the guy who owns walmart donated a literal single day's worth of income. He sure as fuck wouldn't, but I'm sure you've got something to defend your corporate overlords.

Money is all fiat, meaning it's all only worth as much as we all agree it is, so this entire argument is moot anyway, but even playing by the current "rules" the US generates more than enough income to still be the biggest swinging dick on the planet, AND provide ridiculous socialist bullshit for everyone.

>starvation wage
>girl is obese

No because higher minimum wages are not a solution to her (and other's like her) problem.

t. australia

they live like 15 to a house man
like 4 strangers to a bedroom

Remove minimum wage.

The biggest motivator to getting yourself out of poverty is the pain of poverty.

-Thomas Sowell

The CEO of Walmart made about $20 million last year and they employ about 2 million people. If you taxed him at 100%, his workers would have an extra... $10 per year. It really just doesn't work like that. Give those workers the tools they need to become more productive themselves, don't demand it from people with better skills in life than you.

peg minimum wage to inflation and be done with it

>set off an infinite loop of runaway inflation
yeah nah

i do not support a federal minimum wage. theres too much variation in state economies for a hamfisted 1 size fits all policy. the dems who push could give two shits about the poor. they push it cause it appeals to dumb voters who know nothing about economics and since income tax is a percentage it translates into a huge raise for the federal government.