Schadenfreude (feeling happy because others are sad) is a degenerate emotion

It stems from a time where one's gain could only come from another's loss, a 0-sum world.
Civilization is not 0-sum, so fight 0-sum emotions.

life is too short to not laugh at others' misery

Some men just want to watch the world burn.

i wish this was a book

oh man I love these books

lol but capitalism tho

yeah but what if they're muslims

I get the strange urge to smile and laugh when someone's crying in front me. It seems and feels genuine too, not forced which freaks people out big time.

Emotions cannot be degenerate.

>Emotions cannot be degenerate
True, but one can avoid feeling shadenfreude by not thinking that misfortune of others is fortune for oneself.

Do Americans really use "Schadenfreude" like "Kindergarten"? :D

I've almost really hurt a buddy of mine over that shit. Watch yourself. Some people have a bad temper about disrespect.

Shadenfreude is used more often than it's synonmy, epicaricacy. Americans and Canadians, for some raisin, like using works that seem fancy- a novelty perhaps.

>I get the strange urge to smile and laugh when someone's crying in front me.
Absolutely degenerate.

Sadistic people are often the most successful. To get what you want, sometimes you just have to be an asshole. Nice guys do finish last. Same is true of the animal kingdom. Blame nature.

>Nice guys do finish last. Same is true of the animal kingdom
muh alpha male is necessarily the most ruthless

My best bud and I grew up together and he's exactly like me too, what happened? I haven't been able to determine the cause. It might be some form of advanced irony or sociopathy. We're really averse to day-to-day drama.

I know, I managed to contain myself at my grandfather's funeral and it just came off as me being neutral to the whole thing. I got a few comments on it from my parents. I don't even know what crying is like anymore. Wake me up.

I watch Two and a Half Men too

>I don't even know what crying is like anymore. Wake me up.
Being neutral is not necessarily a problem. If one understands a situation before experiencing it emotionally, then emotions can be attenuated.

According to Rand, one who knows why he feels is not unable to feel- but rather is the most able to feel.

Those who are 'very emotional' seem to react (emotionally) without mentally processing- it's more of a reflex.

>this much edgy

Your posts read like the diary of a 16 year old who has just discovered nihilism. Here's a redpill: There are many people who experience exactly what you describe. They don't feel anything at funerals, they find tragic events funny, and they generally feel dead to the whole human experience: this is much more common than anyone will ever allow you to believe, Life experience often completely tramples a person's soul by the time they are 30 and for some it can cause total numbness. However, they play along and act the part of a functioning human being because that's what adults do, it's called being civil. Sort it out.mate.

> Shadenfreude is unnatural.

Shadenfreude, before man added anything to nature (growing, instead of simply harvesting), is meant to help us succeed in a world where one's gain is another's loss.

>Life experience often completely tramples a person's soul by the time they are 30 and for some it can cause total numbness
This is not necessarily the guy's situation. He may mentally process the siatuion (before reacting emotionally), and react (emotionally) in a less dramatic manner.

Perhaps he was at peace with the death of his grandfather.

well why the fuck not

Schadenfreude is a delicate emotion.
But then again, my ancestors were barbarians, so it is only natural.

English simply doesn't have enough words.

That explains successful women.

>It stems from a time where one's gain could only come from another's loss, a 0-sum world.
no reason to think the world was ever just zero-sum
anyway joy at another's misfortune is justified when they deserve the misfortune
feeling joy at someone's misfortune when you have no reason to think they deserve it is just sadism though so of course that's degenerate

is laughin at drowning migrants degenrate ?

>English simply doesn't have enough words.
Yeah, really hard to play scrabble when one misspells a word, only to have it challenged, and find that the misspelling is also a word.

>is laughin at drowning migrants degenrate
Depends on the skin tone.

>no reason to think the world was ever just zero-sum
Only 40kya, 'making' was very limited. Moreso than you probably imagine.

from africa ofc

The 13th Amendment was a mistake.

>Only 40kya, 'making' was very limited.
what does that mean

A Short History of Man, by Hans Herman Hoppe. That is a short summary.

But basically, humans mostly consume nature-given materials until language- at which point communication and learning enabled us to make (to add to nature), which we learned from others (language).

>Hans Herman Hoppe

what does that have to do with what i was saying?

>what does that have to do with what i was saying?
I lost you, beyond hope, in simply 6 words? SAD!

they finally got their dream of being white

Brother!, well put mate.

i said there's no reason to think the world was ever entirely zero-sum
you objected that 40000 years ago there wasn't much potential for making things
that's just not an objection to what i said

>i said there's no reason to think the world was ever entirely zero-sum
"Entirely zero-sum" could be replaced, I suppose, by 0.00000001-sum. Be less autistic.

>0.00000001-sum
no reason to think that either
and you've still given 0 relevant arguments

Not going to waste time being (inadertently) (SAD!) trolled by an idiot.

how the fuck can people who think they're being intelligent be so stupid?
obviously i was never restricting my statements to a 100% absolutely no-exceptions zero-sum world, that's an uncharitable parody
i was of course just saying that the phrase "zero-sum world" is not justifiably applied to the world at any point in human history, even if the world today has more potential for non-zero-sum games than in the past
the fact that human capacities for producing things were minimal and have improved vastly is not in itself an argument that the world is any less zero-sum at all or that it was ever a "zero-sum world"
the problem was always that the one and only argument you were giving was literally a non sequitur
only saying all this because i'm not about to let you leave this little exchange thinking that you were just speaking to a brick wall when in fact you were the brick wall all along

do you realize who you're talking to.

I laugh at the misfortune of others every day and you cannot stop me, leaf

The burden of proof is on you.

>the fact that human capacities for producing things were minimal and have improved vastly is not in itself an argument that the world is any less zero-sum
So long as said 'capacities' are utilized, then the world is less zero-sum.

Perhaps this is a language barrier...

>I laugh at the misfortune of others every day and you cannot stop me, leaf
Things virgins do.

>do you realize who you're talking to.
Cuckold-fantasizing bi-curious autists.

Sounds like a loser level pseudo analysis to me.

>Schadenfreude occurs naturally, reflexively
>It's part of our unconscious self
>OP advocates suppressing the unconscious (greater self)

Yeah nah, I'll pass. Life is a Zero sum game, Might is Right.

I'm laughing at how stupid you are right now.

With Canada being ran further and further into the ground each day, how can anyone not laugh?