EU

What are the pros and cons of membership in the EU?

Other urls found in this thread:

unhcr.org/1951-refugee-convention.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FREE EDUCATION, FREE HEALTHCARE

NO REFUNDS

German cucks gib monis so we can spend all day in the beach while they work

Pros:
N/A

Cons:
EU

Wat, no, we had these by default.

Pros: It was a good thing at start, worth to belong to

Cons: It is an Islamic+African Union now, not European

Pros: Instead of Marrying the state (see USA), the women get to Marry Mohammad and Jamal.

Cons: Fall of Rome, again.

>Pros
.If you want a European """superstate""" that would last less than half a century and reduce European cultures and ethnicity into a shell of their former selves then it's great
.No trade tarrifs between countries in it too I guess
>Cons
.A single currency that doesn't work for all
.Files after files after files of laws and regulations that even the EU can't keep track of. Most of them are to do with trade
.It's ran by people who aren't elected, who cannot be removed by European citizens and who only want to take the EU further down the rabbit hole
.Pointless trade regulations that do more harm than good, especially to countries outside the EU
.You have to pay a ridiculous fee to be a member
.They've made countries in the past retake a referendum when they didn't like the result
.They want a European army (which is bad for all sorts of reasons)
.The migrant crisis shows no signs of stopping
I could go on

>.The migrant crisis shows no signs of stopping
This was the worst by far. Germany has the leading role of dealing which this disaster, but instead chose to let shit get worse.

Germany could have, oh I dunno
>built camps
>hold migrants there
>filter Syrian/Christian refugees
>move refugees into shitty EU country
>put others on a database and send their asses back on the boats they came on

Real fucking simple and they fucked it up.

>retake a referendum when they didn't like the result
Kek, they don't even have the decency to do this. We rejected the EU constitution with 61% against, they just called it treaty of Lisbon and implemented it anyway.

I agree with everything you list mate, but you cannot do ANY OF IT under the geneva convention for human rights or refugees or whatever of 1951.

unhcr.org/1951-refugee-convention.html

consumer protection law that can bully american companies
collective bargaining that can bully american presidents

cons:
WAAH DA GLOBALIST JOOS

Pros: no war

Pros: Germany gives us cash hehe xd
Cons: You gotta deal with butthurt brits and germans.

But they are globalists though, undeniably so
Are you seriously implying that there would've been a war between European countries after WW2 if the EEC (which later became the EU) didn't exist?

Pros:
Trade Union is economically helpful
For all its faults Euro is a single currency which does get rid of some monetary clunkiness and simplifies things
Less war
International cooperation for science projects, like ITER and the ESA, etc.

Cons:
Apparently red tape and regulations plus economic micromanagement implemented by it are excessive cumbersome bullshit.

>Pros: no internal european wars. Plenty of wars in africa and the middle east. Those cheap laborers aren't gonna come otherwise.

Fixe that for you

There is war in Ukraine dipshit. Also Georgia.

Please use your brain next time.

what does globalist even mean to you people at this point

the US and UK have always been the biggest globalists in the world you dumb fuck

>pros
Basically what said, EU is actually really great for small countries since it gives them a lot of political muscle they'd never be able to achieve by themselves.
>cons
Lots of bureaucratic red tape, shit moves very slowly which is also partly a fault of being forced to balance between the interests of 28 (soon to be 27) different countries. The solution would be to deepen the cooperation and possibly transfer more powers to the EP, but modern European politicians don't have the balls for major political projects like this anymore.

then how do we get away with shipping them overseas, ohh thats right we dont give a fuck about international law

I was more referring to western Europe, but yeah you're right.
The idea for France and Germany to be united as one so that neither would be a threat to each other has been in the works long before the EU came about.
Also, the war in the Ukraine is, arguably, directly a result of the EU putting its forces on the Russian border to pressure them out of the Ukraine. They voted to be a part of Russia but the EU doesn't want that, so ironically the EU has pretty much caused a war
Everything the EU does and is doing is to make a United State of Europe. The single currency, a European army, the same trade regulations, the same European government, the same European flag, the same European anthem etc. They want to make everyone 'European' instead of French or German or Danish etc.
How the fuck is that not Globalism

>economically helpful
no. It's good for GDP maybe, but not for our economies. Standard of living is decreasing, people are less and less able to afford housing. This is not good for the economy.

US and UK LEADERSHIP. Not people.

Yeah cause Apple is gonna pay the 13 billion they owe the EU.

I have no idea actually. I wish we would do this. But read the link, it's pretty clear. I guess it depends on where the (((courts))) are applying pressure.

Without the EU there wouldn't be world peace

Aryan slavery

Pros:
mostly free trade within the EU benefits everyone

visa free travel is very useful and helps facilitate trade

More power and say in international relations as a single entity

it ties europe together in a way that makes war with each other less likely

Cons:

Single currency but 20ish different economic policies is a huge mistake

Non transparency in Brussels, and lack of popular legitimacy

Ironically the EU has LESS power than everyone thinks it does. In reality the EU is driven on a nation state level. Everyone just likes to blame the EU for all their self inflicted woes.

European values is basically code word for whatever values the richest countries have and definetely none of the poorer ones

The EU as a concept is significantly better for Europe than a collection of nation states

Pro:
Endless refugees
Never have to work anymore because all your business is monopolized or dead
Endless supply of regulations, ideal for heating your house
A lot of diversity
Cons:
None.
If that were the case you'd have some sort of trade agreement with the States, but you don't.

>mostly free trade within the EU benefits everyone
Nation states can agree to a trade agreement on their own terms, you don't need the EU for that
>visa free travel is very useful and helps facilitate trade
Sure
>More power and say in international relations as a single entity
No. The EU is a fucking mess and the world knows it. It's why other nations only want to make deals and talk to the UK, France, Germany and 1 or 2 others

> no. It's good for GDP maybe, but not for our economies. Standard of living is decreasing, people are less and less able to afford housing. This is not good for the economy.
What specifically does that have to do with the EU? How is it the EU doing those things instead of something else like poor French economic leadership, excessive union costs slowing down development and making construction like housing more expensive, etc.?

Pro
>large free trade zone
>schengen
>common currency

Con
>not being able to make your own trade deals as a country
>schengen
>fiat common currency
>currency that basicly enslaves poorer regions like Poortugal and Greece that cannot devaluate their currency
>slow economic growth in general
>overly expansive burocracy
>courts that can overhaul your own laws
>anti democratic process i.e. the EU commision is not elected but appointed and cannot be voted out but they can write legislation. While the elected EU parliament members cannot write legislation.
>leftist globalists policies throughout.
>corrupt as hell
>has not made a single law to make their own processes more efficient and less costly
>politicians from member countries (note that europhiles always use the term memberstate) are corrupted by the temptation of using the EU as a medium through which they can make a career out of politics and therefore make them subversive against the actual country they should be representing

I could go on for ages on the cons list.
Basicly the only thing to save the EU and make it something that people will like is to go back to trade only like the EEG was.

You can thank NATO for that, not the EU.

Pros: Will finally make continentals go extinct
Cons: Will replace continentals with something even worse

It's incredibly easy to move to another country inside European Union.

I literally had to just file 1 paper to social security office of Finland when I moved here from Germany and that it and I didn't need any special forms or documents for when I applied (and got) my job here, like any ordinary Finn I filled the same papers.

For studying it's also easy, you just have to prove that you have studied X-level in your country and it gets applied to the host country's education level.

Bad sides is that Germany is strangling every smaller economy with Euro.

Pros:

>single market prevents us from destroying ourselves in an endless economic war of pricing and fucking each other
>EU has moments of brilliance in competition regulating
>probably prevents actual war in this way too
>some problems that are better fixed at a large scale, such as water management and other environmental issues are really pushed forward
>used to be really good and still has some leftover wealth and shit from when it was pure
>you get to tell Germany off about their stupid decisions before they decide them without you anyway
>some places in poor countries benefitted from funds that would have been stolen or misplaced if in national budget and not EU
>more opportunities because of EU-wide companies
>Murrika can't pick our markets off one by one because its a single big one and it has weight

There's some more that I can't really recall right now.

Cons:
>has grown way too fucking big
>useless institutions like Parliament and totally useless areas of policy like foreign affairs (biggest Commission DG) and humanitarian aid and development
>completely disconnected from the people because it's grown its own beauracracy and elite inside itself and doesn't function like old council/commission that are basically domestic politicians meeting
>Germany has taken complete and utter control so your voice doesn't matter one bit
>linear concept with equal states doesn't fit with eastern european states being on a different level
>single market allows big member states to completely dominate markets of small ones
>big member states give some money back in the form of funds, but constantly shit on small ones that it's a gift or something
>80% of EU funds get stolen/misused anyway
>free movement drains workers from poor member states, damaging already fucked economies like ours and ends up burdening rich member states by sending TOO many workers (and not regulated as it would be if there was some control over freedom of movement)

Cont.

That would be NATO and the fact that we have nukes now. Has nothing to do with the EU

>pros
check my flag(whitest country in EU atm)
>cons
any other non-white countries

So protecting the tiny European countries with largely similar geopolitical interests from getting dicked by actual foreign GLOBAL superpowers is now spreading globalism?? More like fighting against it.

>poor member states get shat on for going to rich countries and claiming benefits or whatever, when its fucking them over just as much
>domestic small businesses much harder to protect because they can be overtaken by foreign ones
>competition regulation can sometimes be too strong and not allow good natured competition to regulate the markets
>Euro is Germany basically draining the economies of smaller countries

Again, there's more, but I can't think of it all right now.

I used to work in the bloody thing and I have to say, it's just a pile of stinking shit. And if you lie in it, dig around and wait, you may uncover a piece of gold here and there.

Yeh, this too, residing and moving to other countries is piss easy. And you have medical coverage, social security and whatever you want easily, because of uniform documents. Hell, having a uni diploma used to be a bitch in other countries, now it's better.

>whitest country in EU atm
>whitest
>white

Yes, because flooding the continent with sandniggers is really in our interest you slav dipshit

>mostly free trade within the EU benefits huge companies
>More power and say in international relations as a single entity so we align with NATO every single time
I mean I could go on but you get the jist

EU is preventing us, by law, to give advantages to french companies in any way. It's killing our agricultural sector (it's not limited to this, but this is the most obvious). Basically, all production jobs are getting fucked by cheap labor from elsewhere in Europe. There's even a status that allows to pay people working in France their foreign wage.
Housing "bubble" in France is not due to a change in the population/supply ratio but comes from speculation. Said speculation is made possible by tax benefits for second (or third, or 4th or whatever, but NOT first time) time buyers in real estate and very low interest rates, interest rates that are given by the ECB and on which we have no power whatsoever.

EU has no authority to dictate the migration policies of its member states
If there are sandinggers flooding your country it's because of your own cucked liberal leadership

Why did you reply to me with an image of your wife?

> EU has no authority to dictate the migration policies of its member states
He said before he got slapped with a record fine for not taking in the sandniggers.

NATO had nothing to do with internal conflicts like, for example, Northern Ireland.

NATO did a lot of good for peace inside and outside Europe, but it's merely a military alliance. When it comes to projects to force former enemies to cooperate, education, and increased prosperity in conflict zones like former Yugoslavia, the EU is very much involved.

Yes, that's why ships flying EU flags are picking up migrants from the Med

I can't wait for Poland to get blacked. You fucking deserve it. You support the EU but don't live with the consequences.

Poland told them to fuck off, the EU doesn't seem to have actual authority to do anything about it.

>EU is preventing us, by law, to give advantages to french companies in any way

You know, I agree with what you said about the agriculture, because the policies just ended up spiraling out of control and no one did anything about it. Also the housing bubble and many other things where France has been utterly fucked.

But your "advantages" to French companies is communism. The amount of money France spends on "advantages" and butting into the market makes Lenin look like a Goldman Sachs CEO. If anyone ever curbed the amount of communism you have, you'd benefit massively (in the long run).

In fact, it's those same "advantages" and the competition you fuck up completely that have led to this situation where you are essentially bankrupt and have to negotiate an extension with Germany every month, in exchange for your absolute submission on all matters EU. And furthermore, the EU doesn't curb you in that regard. Oh, sure, the EU has plenty of reuglations on that, like government aid and all. But it quietly lets France do that sort of shit way out of line, because it means you will be permanently cucked and let Germany run rampant all it wants.

I've literally seen your finance minister every single month in Brussels, like clockwork, to go to the office of the Commission and negotiate an extension of the budget deficit and new assistance.

I don't have a romanian wife my friend, I went to Bucharest as a kid and remember every single one of you has those gyppo teeth where the white is too big (forgot the term). Ever since then I'm not attracted to Romanians, because I realized how much you interbreed with gyppos.

They'll get blacked sooner or later. Remember, the EU has no borders. There is nothing stopping a New German from settling down in Warsaw. :^)

Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, and Czechs will break away from EU and form their own Visegrad Union.

They're playing it pretty smart at the moment by continuing to enjoy benefits while flat out refusing to let themselves get colonized.

But EU mandarins are becoming ever more aggressive and detached from reality in reaction to Brexit so only a matter of time before the scumbags like Juncker/Tusk/Merkel/Schultz etc force Poland and the rest to break away.

At least Eastern and parts of Central Europe are salvagable. Southern and Western Europe are fucked.

Juries out on British Isles but Brexit gives some hope for UK (though we seriously need to stop 3rd world immigration and begin repatriating the many non-citizen Pakis etc here) and Ireland, while absolutely cucked at a political level, is at least still largely White and remains fairly nationalist and ethnocentric at the popular level.

>FREE EDUCATION
>FREE HEALTHCARE
Neither thing being a result of EU membership.

/thread

True. But NATO was never meant for internal conflicts. But seeing as all of the EU countries are NATO members, they wont attack eachother.

>Poland, Hungary, Slovakia, and Czechs will break away from EU and form their own Visegrad Union.

Shouldn't speak about things you're not competent about, my friend. You brits are always quite naive about anything outside your island.

An exemple of what I meant: a while back some french companies (superkmarkets) negotiated with milk producers to implement a floor price for milk. There was no gov intervention whatsoever. Brussels intervened against it though.
Also, we can't prevent large companies to move benefits to Luxembourg(or wherever). Basically, they use our infrastructure to make money and fuck us when the time to pay taxes come.
I was not thinking about big french groups (like Total for example), they're good enough with laws (and have enough money to bribe politicians) that what happens in France doesn't matter to them. Small businesses are getting strangled though. Either by Eu regulations or by taxes (that have been rising steadily since all the EU treaties have been signed). Add to that we have no control over our monetary policy and we're fucked. I'm not saying our system is perfect: it's heavy and way too complicated. But us having our own money would allow adjustments, either artificially by us to increase competitivity or naturally through the market since we're living better than we can afford.

>Nation states can agree to a trade agreement on their own terms, you don't need the EU for that

I see your point, but I beg to differ. If you're a large firm that exports to several different countries, it's easier when the same rules apply to every country, as opposed to having different rules everywhere. It's actually less bureaucracy this way.

People like to blame things on the EU that have nothing to do with it. It's easy.

That's right. But peace is more than just not attacking your neighboring country.

there's no need to lie about your country, my friend. It's okay to have ugly women everywhere beside Romania.

>People like to blame things on the EU that have nothing to do with it. It's easy.
Read
EU is not the ONLY factor, but there are thing that we cannot do that could solve a lot of our problems.

>travel freely
>being cuck for Achmeds

Big fucking waste of money on a coercitive, anti-democratic and afro-islamic invasion enabling bureaucratic garbage if you ask me.

is europe flag from Brussels?

european army would obviously be a ploy to fight the Russian army.
And who was the british general in the 1890s who handed power over to another guy and said "two rules about the army : one, pay and feed the troops on time. Two, don't get into a war with Russia."
Wars with russia never end well, even if you win it's a phyrric victory. I personally am not dying in a pointless war with Russia for the fucking EU. No way. they can stuff their EU army up their arse.

Eu institutions wifi

Pro: Countries all have great benefits if you are nigger who doesn't want to work.

What do you do for werk?

YES GOYEM, FREE.

THROUGH THE POWER OF DIVERSITY WE PULL DOCTORS AND MEDICINE THROUGH A MAGIC PORTAL

>Pros:
Gibs
>Cons:
Loss of sovereignty
Become economical slave of Germany
Unelected Jews running the place
No control of your borders
Shitty currency that fucks up poorer countries
Need to ask permission to Brussels for every fucking thing
Can't negotiate with other countries without mama Merkel permission
Future United States of Europe if LePen doesn't win.

We work hard too you retard. Not everyone is a NEET like you

I wish Norway and Switzerland had joined the EU so we wouldn't have had to deal with the fallout of their wars now. All these Norwegian and Swiss refugees pouring in, I can't take it much longer...

You don't need to be a member of the EU to be a part of ESA or ITER.

pros:
>Criminals can freely cross borders while law enforcement needs all kind of official clearance, slowing the process significantly
>Get blessed with immigrants who are ferried in from africa and get fined when refusing to cooperate. Europe needs to be diverse, Frans Timmermans said so.
>the enjoyment of hearing every language except your own when you have an afternoon off and decide to use that time to go grocery shopping. Best cultural education ever. Guy Verhofstad said so.
>Learn how diversity leads to acceptance, because Europe needs immigration. The pope said so.

cons
>there are no cons. There are no breaks on the multiculti train, so join, pay your taxes and shut the fuck up.

Upload a virus into their network.

You're thinking in a very French way - see, your small businesses aren't the problem. Everything domestic isn't the problem. You're overly protected domestically and have stronger than required law. What's screwing you over is the lack of free competition. The EU doesn't regulate that over you. In any case, keep in mind you're one of the few EU states the Euro doesn't fuck over and also you CAN fix it. You have enough votes and backing. It's just that your communism is making you subservient to Germany and it won't allow you.

I mean, you're not wrong, but that's stuff your own politicians have been doing. Timmermans is a dutchie, after all. So is verhofstadt.

The EU gives you rights. It sticks up for consumers that would be getting fucked otherwise, like mobile roaming when you are on hols trying to get another STD.

Plus if your county goes to shit you can just move somewhere else.

>Timmermans is a dutchie, after all. So is verhofstadt.
>So is verhofstadt.
>verhofstadt
>dutchie

It also takes away from countries much more other rights, and give some to non eu citizens (hello "migrants").

Plus if your country goes to shit, it's partly because of the UE. I don't want to leave my country, I'm not some goods or some hostel customer. I love the country where my ancestors are buried. Why would I ever want to leave?

Also, Timmermans' party was decimated last election. How that fat fucking traitor is still spouting his multicultural nonsense is beyond me.

>EU has no authority to dictate the migration policies of its member states

aside from the Schengen zone that allows them to travel freely across the continental part of the EU from the moment they get picked up and given a free ride from the middle of the mediteranian

>Pros:
>-Gibsmedat
>Cons:
>???

Guys some fucks have been trembling at the attic for fucking 4 hourr and I'm getting fucking PISSED AT THEM

What can EU do to help me??

Wrong. Most who come are not refugees. It makes absolute plain sense to weed out those who are from those who aren't, and then to send the latter right the fuck back home.

EU member states don't have to be in Schengen if they don't like it.

lol, how cute, he thinks election results matter to EU officials

>without eu = no world peace
>with eu = world peace
>"world pace" = "peaceful world"
>sentiment implies "peace" = subjective; mutliple states
>implies there's no such thing as a peaceful world, since the best we can do is describe what one would be
>with eu = world still isn't peaceful
>without eu = world might become peaceful
Really got my noggin' a joggin'.

Yeah I know. I am quintessentially baguetty. Seriously though, I think we've hit a wall. You see Countries as sets or collections of individual people and interests. I tend to see them a single entities (still making a difference between people and elites, obviously). We seem to agree that our probelms come from having tried to combine free market liberalism and protectionism. I believe (because we're entering the realm of soft sciences here) that competition between countries could be good for everyone, but on a national level, not by pitting individual french people's interests against other individual interests. In short: solidarity inside, international competition outside. You seem to believe international competition inside is the solution. You may be right but I don't agree. Thing is with EU, I want my people to be able to decide on this. Right now we can't really, and it's not headed the right way.