Why couldn't the British Empire be like this?

Why couldn't the British Empire be like this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ykpDQhWlrBQ
youtube.com/watch?v=3HqV03Jouzk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Britannian Empire
>Doesn't include the UK.

>Spain
>Doesn't include Gibraltar

Anglo's have disloyalty in their genes. All their colonies promptly betrayed them.

t. Celt.

>UK
>Doesn't include the States
>Doesn't include Canada
>Doesn't include Australia
>Doesn't include New Zealand
>etc

>inb4 Commonwealth muh

Same reason as the rest of the West - they got cucked by centuries of liberal values, losing the desire for conquest and imperialism. The Enlightenment was a failed experiment and unfortunately its processes took a bloody long to culminate, and even now that it has most 'conservatives' simply want to go back one step

Europe gave up on conquest because twice in fifty years they all cock blocked each other and reduced the continent to rubble.

Now they sit back and hope India, Pakistan, China and the US will make the same mistakes.

It's more like the Anglo authorities over seas betrayed their colonies by consistently treating them like shit.

A celt should know this better than anyone.

>by consistently treating them like shit
This doesn't apply to the American colonies at all.

But we don't actually want these nations, they are our grown up children and doing splendidly on their own, whereas you're squealing like a bitch over a rock you signed away.

I wonder what would have happened if the UK invested into its colonies instead of just trying to extract money.

That's retarded. Not the rock part. Everything else.

I love alt history maps that make no sense.

This. You guys got the best treatment. The only reason for the war was an autistic spergout over the 1763 line, and you wanted more land. We were protecting the rights of French and Anglo settlers, whilst also trying to safeguard the natives. WE WUZ GOOD GUYS.

Bullshit, the American colonies were treated just like medieval fiefs. The crown taxed exports to the colonies and prevented the free trade of cash crops like cotton and tobacco to other nations that would happily pay more than the British.

A real empire. They had the advantage of sharing a culture and genetics with these colonies and they still blew it by being cunts. Hell, that's probably why they thought they could get away with it. Every other historical empire had to give the natives of conquered countries and tribes relative autonomy and fair laws. All that went out of the window with colonies.

>we just wanted to keep natives around to culturally enrich your women and kill you, goy... why did you have to demand freedom?
FUCKING ANGLOSCUM

Hahaha! Do you really believe that line was drawn to protect the right of the French and the Indians, two people that the British fucking hated with a passion? Nah man. They didn't want American colonists to settle outside of British influence.

A royal galleon couldn't sail from England to the inland US and collect taxes nor could they mobilize troops inland to put down rebels due to supply chain difficulties. They wanted direct connection from the colonies to their base of operations in England for selfish reasons.

I am not faulting them for it, but you can't fault the Americans for seizing power for a better life either.

why would you go to america to be part of a colony when living in england was easier? to get away from those fancy lad sodomites thats why

we in murica say its because they wanted to tax our stuffs and force us to pay more but we just couldnt stand those niggers

it was just a matter of time before it became violent. wouldnt matter if there ever were colonies. shit was going to go down

>kill the elevens, mech war now

Napoleon cucked them out of the british isles and they reformed the empire from their american colonies.

I think they got the better of the deal.

I support Gibraltar being Brit, actually. Why? They voted to remain in the UK (who wouldn't). Nobody wants to be part of a shithole.

You were literally the most spoiled rotten colony of all. Paid essentially zero taxes, net drain on hardworking British people at home, received free military protection from hostile Indians, were happy for British soldiers to fight your wars and bleed and die for you so long as you never had to pitch in a little. Were offered numerous settlements long before 1783, including complete and total independence as well as representation in parliament, turned them down in a petulant fit of trumped up jingoism.
Our worst mistake by far. No other colony was as traitorous or painful.

>Napoleon defeats Britain
>Royal Family flees to North America (after a failed American Revolution)
>They proceed to take over the world with magical psychic powers and giant robots
Christ it's not rocket science

ALL HAIL BRITANNIA!
>youtube.com/watch?v=ykpDQhWlrBQ
Official Sup Forums anthem when?

Would mechs be actually useful? Just look at how tanks were the main foe-wreckers of their time and now they are useless.

The original colonists were not chartered by the crown, but instead were some of the original agitators against the crown, including the quakers and loyalist cavaliers who were expelled.

Not to mention dutch charters hostile to the crown.

Did you expect that you could just go into the place of people you had kicked out of their home and expect to tax them? If you did you're stupid.

Code Geass is a metaphor for WW2
The Britannians = Rothschild
Lelouch = Hitler, a rothschild bastard
Lelouch got scapegoated and died for our sins

He's not dead.
They're literally making season 3.

>Implying Hitler died
He was merely pretending

I love the amount of butthurt our mere existence creates :)

I'm actually astonished at how stupid this post is. I believe I've now seen everything on Sup Forums, congratulations.

Britannia was based as fuck tho
youtube.com/watch?v=3HqV03Jouzk

That's like calling modern day prisons "treatment centers" or "job training programs" which westerners DO call them

English never figured out the charter technology, which isbwhy canada was french until well past the industrial revolution, and australia was just a prison colony. The only "charter" was nz and its tiny.

You lacked proper charters because joint stock technology was yet neyond your grasp.

The dutch are a better example of early stage successful charters. The only one, actually.

The american colonies were a convenient excuse to ship off political prisoners and royalists to their death (most of hem DID die) and giving them debt to the crown at the same time. You expect them to want to reward you for that? Tough luck nigel

They were initially ejection pods, later given legs for better mobility and then they tried putting weapons on them, like you do with everything.

Before they went crazy it was used as essentially paratroopers. Light enough to be carried by transports and had a grappling hook that allowed them to descend from the transports safely and traverse across different elevations. They were used alongside tanks and were largely used to flank.

I could definitely see mechs used in such a way.

So this is what future looks like when Brexit fails and Trump wins.

Is this some kind of advanced dutch proxy shitposting?

because they tried to tax americans