Wot the fuck is this? Are you americans retarded?

> In the United States and Canada, a sanctuary city is a city that limits its cooperation with the national government in order to help people who are in the country illegally avoid deportation.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XaR5kR8h4es
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Coastal Marxists run amok

Well, while I like the idea of cities and states telling the government to fuck off, this one I disagree with.

having law and order is apparently literally hitler

>literally a city where laws aren't enforced

Cities can do whatever they want that's how the country works

but on the other hand if you're going to tell the federal government to fuck off, you better expect them to cut off gibs if you don't cooperate with their policies.

There's nothing wrong with what's happening. You can't have your cake and eat it too. Would be a nonissue if the country leaned more libertarian and we didn't take all this aid from the federal government in the first place.

Actually I always get a chuckle because if we leaned more libertarian then all these human rights issues the left claims the federal government are oppressing would be a nonissue. You can't be oppressed by the government when you don't let the government have authority over the people

B-but arent illegal migrants illegal? Isnt it stupid to let hordes of mexicans run to your country illegally? I cant see meaning in those cities. Whats the point of legal immigration then? Why do some shitskins are equal to citizens of USA?

i know right? thats why the fires of fash are rising in the US. it sucks here now

I think you're misunderstanding what a sanctuary city.

Sanctuary cities are breaking federal law by being sanctuary cities. Now, just because they reside in these cities does NOT make them legal. If they go anywhere else with strict laws and get picked up, they will be deported. But law enforcement in those cities are purposefully relaxed on immigrants and will not give them up to federal authority.

Now, obviously the federal government can't deploy the national guard or whatever and force them to comply. The only way this would be possible is if it was a severely problematic case and they let them go free because "muh immigrants."

So then the next logical option is to enact economic sanctions for failing to follow federal guidelines. Since we are talking cities, it's not difficult to pressure them into it and withhold federal funds. Again, it isn't the federal government that declares them sanctuary cities, it's the liberal run local governments that declare themselves sanctuary cities.

In my opinion the federal government has every right to do this. Play a stupid game, get a stupid prize. If you want to stand up to the federal government, do it. It's important to stand up to authority. But don't expect them to play ball back and just let you do whatever the fuck you want. I don't seem to recall the country starting a revolution against Britain and Britain being friendly right back anyways

Yes it's fucked up. Leftist politicians here are selling citizens down the river because illegals or the 5 kids they have will vote for them

it's basically cities trying to secede from the union without really seceding from the union because they know that when that happens the US Army shows up and wraps their railroad tracks around trees

Now you understand how insane people are here.

And when you explain this to them they'll agree with you rationally and then go right back to their insanity.

Any alien that is in the United States may be subject to deportation or removal if he or she:

Is an inadmissible alien according to immigration laws in effect at the time of entry to the U.S. or adjustment of nonimmigrant status;
Is present in the U.S. in violation of the Immigration and Nationality Act or any other U.S. law;
Violated nonimmigrant status or a condition of entry into the U.S.;
Terminated a conditional permanent residence;
Encouraged or aided any other alien to enter the U.S. illegally;
Engaged in marriage fraud to gain admission to the U.S.;
Was convicted of certain criminal offenses;
Failed to register or falsified documents relating to entry in to the U.S.;
Engaged in any activity that endangers public safety or creates a risk of national security; or
Engaged in unlawful voting.

It's not illegal to come to the US as an "alien" per say. If they can't stop you you are allowed to stay. It is only when you are found doing any of the above can they forcefully send you home.

Interestingly, the first point is the most interesting.

Because it says is an inadmissible alien according to immigration laws in effect at the time of ENTRY to the US.

Most "illegals" come to the US legally so they actually entered the US legally so the first point doesn't apply to them. If you jimmied across the border however then it does but that is actually rare.

Yes, liberals are retarded. And insane. They openly embrace Marxism, the most failed and murderous ideology of all fucking time. It's no wonder they can't see a problem with Islam, it's a fucking improvement over their own 'religion'.

No, it isn't how it works. Cities aren't totally sovereign entities, they are still beholden to their states laws and federal law where applicable. The only reason they are possible is because the the police force are city government employees so the city can force them to ignore it, it's essentially a bureaucratic loophole. If a state really wanted to they could send in state troopers and have them just start arresting people, same goes for the federal government and federal marshalls and immigration officers seeing as how matters of citizenship, naturalization, and immigration is one of the enumurated powers and therfore falls firmly under federal jurisdiction.

The cities don't have a leg to stand on legally, it's explicitly stated in article one, section eight clause four of the Constitution that: "The Congress shall have Power To establish an uniform Rule of Naturalization..." and they are violating the laws congress passed on the matter.

Exactly, isn't that what I said? The cities are disobeying federal law, so the fed could easily enforce the law with physical force. Obviously that's not in the best interest of the federal government though unless they want riots

Oh, now I understand, its basically a bunch of cuck leftist governments. So the question is why they do that, but this can be explained by marxism. But man, tfw after USSR with its militarism and repressions people again are trying similar shit in a most stupid way (by importing muslims)

I also heard you don't even need to show ID when you vote for POTUS.

Murica is the most backward country when it comes down to its laws.
>Getting fined for your lawn grass being too long
top kek
top cucked

>I also heard you don't even need to show ID when you vote for POTUS.
That's mostly correct. The laws vary by state and there are times when you'd be asked to show it, but the worst that happens is you say
>oh i forgot
and then go vote elsewhere. Anything less would be RACIST, you know.

But the grass thing comes from the UN, so that one you should be worried about spreading to other countries.

How is needing voter ID to vote racist? Burgers should really need to get their definitions straight and above all stop making up these retarded buzzword such as reverse racism, cis-gender, name-shaming etc.

It's like the Russian hackers. Anything that goes against what you're told is correct is racist and literally hitler.

The reasoning behind this one is easy. There used to be a poll tax back in basically ancient history as far as our country is concerned, and this of course is evil and racist because it disenfranchized the poor and the blacks. And then for a while women couldn't vote. Now it's minorities and in particular illegals that would be affected. And of course if you point out that our corrupt, criminal government relies on criminal illegal alien votes and fraud to stay in power then you're a racist evil nazi holocaust denier conspiracy theorist.

Welcome to the the Saul Alinksy strategy.

Leftists and neocons setup a system where the federal government uses funds to push certain agendas and force societal change. Do what we say or no money. Trump gets elected and now it's a problem and unconstitutional.

In essence yes but the way you opened it is misleading, not everyone here is so intimately familiar with our legal system as us Americans are.

My issue with it is that legally speaking the cities can't actually just do what they want and it's not supposed to be how the country works. There is supposed to be a clear division and hierarchy between local, state, and federal law wherein the states can pass laws on any matters not reserved to congress by the Constitution and smaller local governements like cities can pass and enact their own local laws provoded they conform to and don't overstep limitations set by greater legal bodies.

Limited federal laws =/= cities ignoring laws.
Sanctuary shit borders on treason. If you like illegals so much, change federal law and make immigration state-level issue. Not just sabotage it,

That would require a constitutional ammendment and probably a reworking of the citizenship clause of the 14th ammendment as well since it would no longer be something the fed had a say in so will almost certainly never happen.

It's unequivocally treason. What else do you call encouraging, aiding, and abetting foreign invaders?

youtube.com/watch?v=XaR5kR8h4es
required minimum reading