Do you support a higher Min Wage Sup Forums?

twitter.com/SenSanders/status/856894937329266688

Why or why not?

No. I don't make minimum wage. If the minimum wage is raised, the price of my goods and services will go up, despite my salary going up, thus making me poorer at the expense of people I already don't like.

despite my salary *not* going up

>give everyone more money
>value of money decreases
>we're right back where we started
>guess we need to raise the minimum wage again!

Great plan.

No. Higher minimum wage makes it harder for businesses owners to hire people. A small business starting out won't be able to afford the salary hikes and will have to let people go.

While I support a higher minimum wage that increases gradually each year, thinking that $15 an hour is in any way reasonable is insane.

>raise minimum wage
>more people are making minimum wage than ever

>starvation wage
>video is of some fat bitch
I hear "starvation wage" and I just laugh to myself, obesity is a bigger problem

This is not how you shitpost OP, you should have just posted "APOLOGIZE!" and nothing else.

Just enforce raises or something. You can still hire high school kids for pennies but people who work for years can start affording ramen

Or just get a better job I guess but everyone literally can't get a better job, there's a limited amount of them. You can work for yourself and create a job but market niches are more or less finite too

Fuck you guys are stupid. It's fascinating

I bet her husband is a fucking blimp, too.

This thread again? What's being slid?

Remember to sage

For what, Wegie? Commenting on a slide thread or not seeing the wisdom of higher minimum wages?

No matter what the government does, the real minimum wage is always ZERO

sheeeeeeeeeeit i make ends meet with a part time job
lazy fat fucks

>let's give teens and illegals a raise because this giving spic can't be bothered to get a real job
Disgusting
If they have kids I'm sure it's more tragic but that's what churches were for
Never trust a leftist when they say they have your best interest in mind, they ruined our safety nets and encourage destructive behavior

coupled with very tight immigration controls sure

define living wage

they have 5 children

No one in USA is really poor, they just want to live in big cities like those on da tv mane
USA is a paradise, cheapest place on earth, no one is poor in USA, just stupid

I'd also like to point out that typically anyone who holds a job for year isn't making minimum wage anymore. You get probation raises or annuals. So, what kind of trash is chronically making minimum?

Look at that ugly bitch. Damn. Kidney failure and a pig wife. Sucks to be that guy

fucking this

>Be civil engineer
>muh roads
>Have to pay Ramon the shovel jockey 15 bucks an hour as opposed to the 10 he gets.
>Factor that into my next bid
>So does everyone else bidding
>Road costs more

Or did they think businesses wouldn't factor in the additional costs?

living wage = 15$/hr minimum and emforced wage equality between genders

Yes. The minimum wage should be a living wage. Nobody who works 40 hours a week should be unable to afford the necessities of life.
This is the answer of an entitled psychopath.

GREAT MORE INFLATION, LESS SMALL BUSINESS AND MORE BIG BUSINESS
That is what you are advocating for everytime you say you want a higher minimum wage.

Also, everyone at Mc Donalds (probably the lowest tier employment you can have) was living last I checked. Clearly you can subsist on low wages.

>This is the answer of an entitled psychopath
>This is the answer of a man who wants to keep his money

so fucking sue me that I don't care about people I don't know

they're not being murdered, they're just not making that much money, and what you're basically asking me to do is give my money to strangers that I probably don't like anyway

Just raise it a little bit (to around $10) and tie it to inflation.

This

People who think a higher minimum wage will magically make the economy better are deluded and idealistic

Suck it up, user. They're members of the society that you're also a member of. If you want to be an island then go off the grid and grow your own food and shit but until then, you're part of the greater social organism.

>They're members of the society that you're also a member of.

And? That doesn't mean I have to give them my money. I live in the USA, not the USSR.

>muh poor can't afford healthy food

Obesity is the new starvation.

And if that fat slag earned more than minimum wage but not at least 80k he would die as they wouldn't get ant gov't subsidies for being poor for healthcare and their private insurance would be insanely expensive because of his condition.

I live on the planet Earth, so do you.
give me money

>their one example only has one job
lmao
>I'm gonna try to live off of a single minimum wage job I'm strong innepennant womxn gib moni

And there you have it, subhuman appears

Don't mind me. I love how aesthetically pleasing your flag looks.

In all this argument of a living wage it's never asked if the people in question do living work. Protip they don't. These people are useless and interchangable. If you can't be bothered to make yourself more useful and cultivate some skills then you deserve nothing.

>>muh poor can't afford healthy food
>>Obesity is the new starvation.
>what is rice and beans

Shut up! Economics doesnt play a role in the economy, oy vey?

I agree a little. Living wage o my should come with living work.

Let's say you work 8h per day 20 days per month. It is $1200. I don't know how much income taxes you pay, but let's say it is $200. You have $1000 left.

Probably how you live and depends on the place, but if it is enough to survive and even to have some money left for entertainment in countries in Europe, which are more expensive than USA, then I guess this is not a starvation wage.

People just watch stupid TV programs and the channels like MTV, later they see photos of rich celebrities on Instagram and they expect to have the same life.

And yes, you will not have money for food, if you buy a new iPhone this month, bitch.

>And yes, Norway is one of the most heavily taxed countries in the world with a total tax burden of roughly 45% of GDP– almost 4x Hong Kong and nearly twice the US. VAT here is a whopping 25%. Personal income tax rates border 55%. Corporate profits tax ranges from 28% to as high as 78%.

Suck to be you.

>communism really works guys
>All those other times were not "true" communism

Only should *

Minimum wage should be set to the living costs of each county. Nationwide minimum wage makes no sense.

>raise minimum wage
>demand goes up
>prices go up

>Americans get like 1k usd per month minimum wage
>I somehow survive just fine on 200 eur

What the fuck do they spend it on?

>starvation wage
>shes fat

>Minimum wage should be set to the living costs of each county.
Even within a county, things can be vastly different from small rural towns to a larger city.

healthcare

Upping the minimum wage does nothing because as a result everything else just becomes a bit more expensive so nothing changes, why cant normies fucking realise this?

The cost of living it also probably higher here, but some people suck at budgeting as well.

Finally, a sensible soul. 15 dollars in a major city is no big deal, but could you imagine small towns having to pay people that, even at Mc Donalds?

true, it should be set by the smallest administrative area possible.

No

Because its gay.

If it must be raised.

It should have kept up with inflation since its inception.

No matter what the minimum wage is there will always be those that struggle.
Rather than fucking our economy via inflation in some vain effort to feel better about ourselves how about we just learn that we can't always save everyone?

I highly doubt food prices are that much more expensive, and with rent included, they still don't have like 200-300 left at least?
wtf

>Buying a smart phone when you're a poor plebe
>Buying large cable packages when you're a poor plebe
kek

>isnt a marxist
>now a subhuman
How does it feel to have the blood of over 100m on your hands? Your people singlehandedly outclassed Hitler in every violent and disgusting way but failed to be as effective as his economics

How much is a gallon of milk where you're at a rent for a 1 bedroom apartment?

Work harder

>tfw brainlet who couldnt finish college, but is too socially retarded for customer service and too weak for repetitive physical labour

Thinkgen of suicide every day

Min wage kills retailers and restaurants. Only businesses that cater to the rich survive the wage hike. Both the consumer and the economy will suffer.

Drink water not soda or milk or booze
No clue about rent, ~100-200 depends where

You could just eat less of the shitty processed food. Which would also save money because you aren't eating for three people. Or you could cook simple dishes for literally pennies per meal.

>Work at a retail store
>Start at 8.00 hr
>Five years pass
>Now make 10.25 hr
>New minimum wage
>Make same as new employees
>Prices adjust over next year
>Back at square one

PROTIP: IF YOU ARE PAID $7.25/HR YOU ARE WORTH $7.25/HR
Make yourself more valuable fucktards

Taxes would be about $200 with the potential for exemption being extremely real. That means you could spend $800 for living, collect EBT for food and continue to work around the $400 left over. Spend maybe $300 a month and save the $100 over time to pay for additional expenses

>what is inflation

>~100-200 depends where
I doubt you could find an apartment anywhere in the US, that wasn't heavily subsidized to the point of being nearly free, for that amount.

>being poor in the richest country in the world

Poor people in the US are the moth pathetic people I can think of. They have opportunity and wealth all around them and they're too lazy or stupid to take advantage of it.

Also, $8/hr is a living wage in a lot of the country, just live where you can rent an apartment for $400/mo. Yes these places exist.

MUH SMALL BUSINESS

MUH PROFITS

MUH THREE FLOOR MANSION AND THIRD BMW

THOSE DIRTY GOYIM FORCING ME TO PAY THEIR HEALTHCARE

are you fucking 12 y/o who needs mommy to negotiate your salary?
don't blame others if you undersell yourself

Yeah and the minimum wage is ~400 here, not at least 1k

You're confused because your country provides a larger safety net. You don't get shit in part due to your high taxes, and that american would be getting $200 to $350 less a month due to healthcare alone.

>1k/mo

Christ I get more than that just from my hobbyist Patreon.

Yeah a cheap 1 bedroom in canada would be at least 600.

That is just it. There is true poverty and just being comparatively poor. These people in the States aren't fucking destitute. I see them with fucking iPhones, buying big screens and xboxes. I don't feel too bad.

If you raise the minimum wage to x, what happens to higher positions in the same business that paid x before the increase?

Yes, make the minimum wage a billion dollars an hour then everyone is rich and nobody has to work.

So give me some numbers.
Rent for 1 bedroom apartment
Healthcare etc that reduces your spendable money, how much do you have left on min wage

raising the minimum wage won't create a *living wage* though. It will just push huge companies to look for cheaper alternatives, like machines. People will lose their jobs, prices will go up, and gap between the rich and the poor will increase.

yes, because that makes sense

>fat mexican complaining about money

Eat less.

Water costs $2 for half a liter and apartments start at $700, lofts at $600. My bread costs $3 a loaf and milk is $6 (organic milk tho). Gas is $2.30 a gallon.

Technically, nothing. The employer doesn't have to give them raises, some might choose to. Or they just lose purchasing power.

Americans don't have tap water?

$400? Where? Cheapest I know are lofts starting at $600

you are an idiot

research history and findout when america's economy was the absolute strongest, and the purchasing power the middle class had at that time. look up the new deal

We have minimum wage and now a living wage for places like London (needs to be nuked) because prices are sky high for everything if you want to live there.

Minimum wage always has the problem that the more you earn the business has to put up prices to cover the wage and really you are back where you started and those that earn above minimum wage will want a pay rise because they are not a monkey.

Hurts small business more, same thing with the workplace pension but you might have to have so many employees.

In the end lets say it keeps on rising, we going to be looking at a 20quid minimum wage in another so many years and by then what the fuck will everything cost by then?

i cant wait for all the local sushi places, coffee shops, restaurants to go under from the min wage going up to $15 and for all the hipsters who support this garbage to start crying over it.

Sure.

Wage: $1000/month

Rent: $300 to $500 a month
Healthcare: $250 to 350 a month
Food: $1000 a month

We tend to take out credit cards to help with buying more fast food.

As someone who knows minimum wage hasn't risen from 7 dollars since the 1970s, I agree.

Don't raise it to something ridiculous, just something that is actually livable.

7.25 in a 60 hour work week is around $299. Most people working retail or food service make such a low quantity of cash that BABYSITTERS get paid more by the hour.

Think about that.

Not the government's fault. Woefully unprepared shitbags should not be paid more just because muh chilluns

>Food: $1000 a month

That's fucking bullshit
There's no way you pay 1000$ for food per month, if you're a shit cook you can get frozen pizza for like 2$, so it's like 70$ a month

>new deal
>FDR's policies prolonged Depression by 7 years, UCLA economists calculate