If tax increases are passed onto the consumer... are tax cuts also passed onto the consumer?

if tax increases are passed onto the consumer... are tax cuts also passed onto the consumer?

why would they do that instead of just pocketing the money?

free market.

because capitalism.

competition will make one company sell it cheaper since they can then sell more of it since people want the cheaper item. then the other companies are forced to do the same to stay competitive. if none of them do, a newcomer will and take the market.

thanks based capitalism!

>make product that costs £1
>sell for £1.50
>tax brings it up to £2
>tax drops to 25p
>keep selling at £2
>competition sells at £1,75
>you go bankrupt

I've never seen the price of anything other than gasoline ever go down in my 32 years on this earth.

I don't believe there is enough competition in the market. Monopolies and collusion are just a property of capitalism imo.

We'll see though.

Tvs have got phenomenally cheaper in the last decade, my mum paid £750 for a 720p 28" lcd in 2008 and I bought a 1080p 32" plasma for £170 only last year

seriously, though.

The free market is the best system in the world and the only times it doesnt do well are when the government steps in to "regulate" something.

examples:
college - price of college goes up approximately 50 cents per dollar of federal funding given for students to attend.
medical care - prices increase at the SAME rate as funding for new programs.

these things make sense because in a free market where the government pays for things for their citizens, the amount of money a citizen has to spend doesnt change, so these places charge whatever they want because the price never changes to the consumer. (well, except in the taxes you pay).

this

how dumb are you op? a 12 year old could think this through

Jesus Christ, you nu-male millennials are so damn cringey. Less money wasted in taxes means more money they can invest into expanding their company. Of course they can also lower prices, which gives can them a competitive advantage. You pseudo-intellectuals with zero business experience make way too many negative assumptions about how businesses operate. Read a book.

Will the wealth finally trickle down?

>talk with the other 2 companies who make the same product
>agree on a price
>bribe politicians to make regulations to prevent startups from selling the same product
>???
>Profit

Price fixing is illegal matey and many companies have been broken up because e of it

It's not that companies would lower their prices (they would, but not enough to offset the amount of money they are no longer having stolen), but they will expand and create more jobs.

>he thinks good things will happen to us

>I've never seen the price of anything other than gasoline ever go down in my 32 years on this earth.
Where the do you live? Africa? The price of pretty much any popular good the government hasn't specifically fucked with comes down over time, despite the government's best efforts with inflation. When was the last time you saw an xbox 360 for sale for $400? When was the last time you saw a 15" TV for sale for $1,000? There are Android phones for sale for $20 that are more powerful than the average $1000 computer sold when I was a kid.

Business dont price at cost they open or shut down a business on that decision. Businesses price at what they can get.

Unfortunately the inflation that we never saw under 8 years of obama is going to start to take effect, our decrease in taxes is going to be offset by an increase in the cost of living.

I purchased a 55" LCD flat screen TV when they were new. Paid $1100 for it. Now I can get the same size in LED for $450. Maybe you're 6 yrs old.

But what about artificial limitations like ISP and other government interference shit. How about economies of scale? Look at what happened to the chicken industry where 4 companies own the whole country and split it between them with 0 competition. If you need to make money with chicken you have to go through them. Otherwise you might scrape buy selling to locals.

They never let you own the chickens instead making you buy all the products they want to take of the chickens they own and let you watch for them. You keep them in their specifically chosen sheds that you went into debt to buy. You do it their way with their feed. You then send the chickens back and they decide what to give you for them. If you open your mouth they drop you and you are out of businesses with debt over your head. Talk to media they drop you. A law was attempted recently to protect farmers from that it failed do to lobbying.

You then are stuck constantly going into debt to buy new shit they demand you buy to keep getting chickens and they get to make all the money giving you what you want. They also own all the patents for everything through subsidiaries.

Free market needs to be free and too often people only see it from the one end. And somehow shit keeps going downhill and money keeps going up.

I disagree. Only things that are going up in price faster than inflation are things where the government is very heavily involved. Many electronics have only gotten better and are getting cheaper.

But the new tech ones are the same price as the old or higher. Again they charge the price they can get everyone who would pay full price for the old shit has already. So they keep making them since they have figured out how to save some money and drop the price.

>Price fixing is illegal
Not in a true free market, matey

>when they were new
>$1100

lmao nice try m8. First LCD's that size were thousands of dollars.

I agree there are ways to cheat the system, but in a true free market monopolys and oligopolys cant exist. the only way they can now is because people bride politicians and get their way.

corruption is real in any system, but without it capitalism is the gleaming star of hope for the world. Honestly the only thing that ever fucks it up is politics.
Politicians are the scum of the earth and anybody volunteering to run for office should be treated and given a mental evaluation before they are let back into society. actual leaders should be chosen by local peoples and then run against eachother. It should be treated like jury duty. you dont want to do it, but you are proud to serve your country.

also, if you shirk jury duty, you are a piece of shit degenerate who needs to reevaluate the principles of our country.

They reduced the sales tax on food here a couple of years ago and the prices actually came down.

yeah... I thought they were like $2k still...
I remember when I was young and those fuckers first came out. 6-7k easy to get anything over 40 inches.

man... I feel old and out of touch with consumerism.

good or bad?

He is right.

because jacking up prices in a crisis reflects their true worth, which also translates into people not using things willy nilly, so instead of using batteries for a gameboy, now they are worth more and you use them for critical shit.

its actually a good thing in terms of sustainability in a crisis, ironically.
Currently, we perpetuate a normalcy bias and people have no idea how close to being fucked they are.

>people STILL defending trickle down economics

How the fuck can you seriously do this? Do you not remember the long term failure of Reagan's policies? Or Bush? It. Doesn't. Work. Stop sucking corporate cock.

TAX CUTS DONT MEAN SHIT IF WE DONT DEPORT THE BEANERS

>why would they do that instead of just pocketing the money?
they wont, removing jewish regulations and allowing competition will help a lot more.

as long as small/medium businesses get the tax cuts as well then its going to help them the most and the jews will have to play fair.

Obviously numale OP is simple minded.

He'll argue this point because of today's news.

But point out to the cunt that a high minimum wage will result in inflation, where companies will charge more for products so as to recoup labor losses, and he'll go full on menstruation.

The Seattle larpers yesterday who were crying about 37% rent increases are a prime example of this cunnie attitude.

Fuck off, OP.

Because they raise demand? By this logic why would any company ever drop their prices?

cuz competition

competition

oh boy, goy.

its not trickle down... its common. fucking. sense.
make it cheaper for companies to keep their business in America, and lower the price they have to pay out of their net worth and you get more businesses coming onto the scene because they can actually fucking afford it now. you get companies hiring more people because now they can grow. the amount of tax on a COMPANY literally has NO correlation with how much the ceo makes.

Sorry if you cant look at anything past face value. It's very r selection of you.

agree to a point, but utility monopolies are a big problem

highly agree.

and the big issue with that also involves the government. a lot of place you have no option but to pay the government.

but for things like internet, its totally fucked up, but its like that because of companies paying politicians. people have tried countless times to get some diversity with it and everytime the companies get a politician to shut it down.