Son of a sailor

Red pill me on sailing

Once ever few months I get a strong urge to sell all my shit and buy a sailboat

I feel in a lot of ways it could be the perfect life.

>Save money for year
>Buy boat
>Find QT3.14 conservative girl who dreams of traveling the world
>Sail around world
>Stress free
>port to port
>Fuck qt3.14 on deck under stars
>Have lots of white babies
>Drink good whiskey
>Eat good food
>Avoid the decline of western civilization
>Live good life
>Die

Is sailing the ultimate red pill

youtube.com/watch?v=TVY8LoM47xI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/9nW5g8tjazg
youtube.com/watch?v=EjSlHLzaT5k
youtube.com/watch?v=W-4RmGetKP4
youtu.be/ibP5IQxId34
youtube.com/watch?v=WKS-bGcoZW4
fairtransport.eu/ships/tres-hombres/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Been thinking of buying this boat
I am 22 for what its worth
I grew up on the water, but have no clue about sailing
Most people who I have met that do sail are pretty red pilled though

same, I also get a strong urge to sail once in a while. I might just save that for when I retire. I'm gonna focus on myself, building a family, and having a homestead.

There's no such thing as being a conservative rootless world traveler. Your children will have no social grounding, and inevitably become dreadlock -headed "world citizens", ending your family line soon after.

Find a small town, open a local store, and live a simple life if want a lower stress, traditional lifestyle. Keep your kids off meth. Home school if necessary, and don't marry a woman who drinks.

Also, women who like traveling enough to make it a lifestyle are all whores, and horrible mother material.

My old man and his partner literally took the sailing pill for their retirement. I've accompanied them for plenty of trips, the longest being over 3 nights.

Personally I think it's kinda shitty:
>boring times when there's no wind
>have to sleep in shifts and keep watch
>it's fucking hard to sleep if the sea is rough
>salt fucks literally everything up (your laptop for example)
>eventually you need space from the people you're on board with (lol there is none)
>Having to sail while it's raining
>Food

Learn to sail first
Round the world trips are not novice material
Rent or buy a dinghy like a laser or performance 420 to learn the basics. Then start progressively sailing larger and larger keelboats.
When you're experienced enough, find someone doing a short leg or seasonal transport, and crew for them. Learn about long distance sailing through their experience.

THEN go ahead and buy your own boat and travel where you may. But don't jump into it, you're going to get yourself killed.

t. sailor

oh and I forgot to mention

>Stress free
HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA

>son of a sailor
Do you mean your dad owns a boat for leisure or is he from like the 1700s?

You need lots of experience for that.
Keep in mind that usually nothing happens in the sea, but when it does, somebody always dies.

Uh, this isn't a profession. You can maybe sail some parts of the year but this is just larp. Its expensive and you need lots and lots of money not just one year salary. Also no woman will have kids on a boat lol what are you smoking op

Boats fucking suck after like 3 hours

>stress free...

youtu.be/9nW5g8tjazg

Apparently you are not sailing material.

Yeah I think I am going to buy a dinghy for now. That makes sense
Thanks man!

99%:
>attempt to sail with no knowledge
>get lost
>die

Or, best case:

>buy sailboat
>attempt sailing with no knowledge
>run out of money in tropical thirdworld shithole
>work in the mines with the shitskins
>get malaria
>die

If there's an happening in the sea, and nobody is there, does somebody die?

That was fucked

These people are certainly enjoying it.

youtube.com/watch?v=EjSlHLzaT5k

I know someone that did this,

Highly recommended from what I hear.

DO IT!

Enjoy dumping your shit overboard in buckets, and standing out in the sun for 12 hours a day just so you can steer the fucking thing. Buying a sailboat is a horrible idea OP.

Sailings fun as shit, but it's windy and hurts my ears. Otherwise it's pretty good. If I had the funds I could have a yacht and sail to Australia and visit my sister.

sailing for leisure is pure fucking cuck mode

the actual sailing redpill is to grow up sailing competitively and traveling the world competing in various competitions

opti - byte - laser radial - laser full rig

thats the true path, and you can throw in 29ers, moths, and other memes along the way for fun

>stress free

youtube.com/watch?v=W-4RmGetKP4

that boat sucks for blue water cruising
no spray dodger
hard to get back onto it if you fall off
ketch rig means twice the trouble

just get an Ovni 435 and be done with it

youtu.be/ibP5IQxId34

Chasing Bubbles

Watch this op. Youre welcome.

How are we suppose to red pill u on boats

And what adopt us that have done square rig sailing? Is that cuck mode too?

Former navy here,
Sailing requires constant vigilance, which is why we are sober at sea but drink like hell when visiting port.

Take whiskey out there and you'll never come back.

I knew a girl who used to live on a boat with her family and sailed around the world with her family. It sounded amazing, being able to spend a week or a day in one country and then just pick up and leave for the next. user, follow your dreams. Sail around the world with the girl you love.

I also have that desire. I have been watching YT channels like SV Delos and La Vagabonde and wondering how I could do it. I have never set foot on a sail boat and have only seen the ocean a few times and I have not job or any real college or way to make money to buy a boat so I'm out of luck

That stache is fash

I approve.

Kek
getting caught in rough weather makes for good stories

Of course you wouldn't raise children on a sailboat you dumn fuck, he's talking about in your younger ages. I say go for it OP, why not? What's the worst that could happen?

It sucks, shit always need fixing or sanding.

The USN is an islamic navy. RN and RCN and others have beer machines onboard and each crew gets 2 beer per day

HAHAHAHAH, good one fellow white.

We know you lads get beers god damnit, stop rubbing it in REEEEEEEEEE

I'v been in weather like this. It was in a cozy 295 foot steel boat though. Good times.

Pearson 424 liveaboard here. Boats are work m8. Definitely has perks, but don't think you won't be doing an ass-ton of maintenance.

I've been onboard the HMCS Algonquin a couple of times and the ratings who showed us around always laughed when they showed us the beer vending machines in the mess and how the US guys who came onboard were in awe

He implied that he wanted to so as to "avoid the decline of western civilization". You can't "avoid the decline" by taking a sailing vacation for a few years, then coming back.

>Sailing the blue watery jew

No thanks user

This goy took his kids around cape horn in 1936

youtube.com/watch?v=WKS-bGcoZW4

My dad grew up sailing as did my grandpa. They both pitched in and bought a 36 footer that they race in the summers on the great lakes and keep at the yacht club. Going out for a cruise as the sun sets on the water in the summer is magnificent, racing isn't really my thing though. Sunday brunches at our yacht club are amazing as well, I don't ever recall seeing a non white as a member at the club we belong to either.

Ironically, there would be few disciplinary issues, and less binge drinking on liberty if we could have one or two after a hard day's work underway. It's like hundreds of years of tried and true norms mean nothing to the geniuses of today.

jealous

>tfw 23 years old and still living with my parents
>with no job or money im stuck in this place
is it too late for me lads?

>Find QT3.14 conservative girl who dreams of traveling the world
>Fuck qt3.14 on deck under stars
>Have lots of white babies
Conservative girls dont want to travel, we want a stable home and environment to raise our babies in. Stable tends to mean dry land.
And good luck giving birth on a boat. A ship, sure. But not a boat.

>we

So are you taking applications...

Already married, sorry. Husband's at work and I'm going to start on preparing dinner soon.
I'm 21 years old for reference.

Sailing is a hoot.
Not for everybody.
Learned most all I needed to know in and around the SF bay, it can be quite harsh there.
Longest transit was to Hawaii on a 70 footer.
Nothing finer than 'star watching' with a compass & sextet' and making landfall without GPS.
(we fucking had gps but we did not tell the guy in charge...)
Good times.

I work and volunteer for the Dutch company "Fair Trade Shipping Co." on their brigantine, Tres Hombres

i'm at home on break in Galveston but she was on her way across the Atlantic last i checked

AMA

Wew what a ride

>standing out in the sun for 12 hours a day just so you can steer the fucking thing

Windvane steering will keep you on a bearing out in the open ocean

>Once ever few months I get a strong urge to sell all my shit and buy a sailboat
Don't we all?

I've been living on a sail boat for 5 years now.
Never circumnavigated or crossed the Atlantic, but I have traveled through the Panama canal on a couple occasions. It's a good way to live for some people. I would highly recommend easing into it and obtaining professional training and get ASA certified up to at least 108

ǝɯǝɯ ɹɐʍ pןɹoʍ sı sıɥʇ

sʇuɐɥɔɹǝɯ ʇou sʇɔɐɟ ǝsn

˙uoos˙˙uʍop sn ʇnɥs ןןıʍ (((ʎǝɥʇ))) ʍouʞ (noʎ) ǝsnɐɔǝq ʎןǝʇǝןdɯoɔ ʇǝu ǝɥʇ ɹosuǝɔ oʇ pǝɔnpoɹʇuı ǝɹɐ (((sʍɐן))) ǝɹoɟǝq ʍou ʇı op

sǝop buıʞɔnɟ ʇı ǝsnɐɔǝq˙˙˙ʇı uo spuǝdǝp uoıʇɐsıןıʌıɔ ɟo ǝɹnʇnɟ ǝɥʇ puɐ ǝɟıן ɹnoʎ ǝʞıן puɐ ʎןssǝןʇuǝןǝɹ ןןıɥs ˙ʇǝu ǝɥʇ ɟo ɐǝɹɐ ʎɹǝʌǝ ןןıɥs oʇ pǝǝu ǝʍ /ןod/

˙ǝɹɐɟɹɐʍ ןɐqıɹʇ puɐ "ןɐɹnʇןnɔ" ɥsıʍǝظ sı sıɥʇ ˙ʍǝظ ǝuo ʇsnظ ʇou s,ʇı ʇɐɥʇ ǝbɐssǝɯ ǝɥʇ ʇǝb ǝןdoǝd ʇɐɥʇ os ˙ǝןqıssod sɐ sǝıɯɹou ʎuɐɯ sɐ oʇ ɟooɹd ʍoɥs

ɔʇǝ spıʞ ʎuuɐɹʇ puɐ uoıʇdopɐ ʎɐb 'sɯooɹɥʇɐq xǝs ǝɯɐs 'ɯןq ˙ɥsnd ןɐuıɟ ɐ uı uʍop buıןqnop uǝǝq ʎןʇuǝɔǝɹ sɐɥ uɐʇɐs ɟo ǝbnobɐuʎs ǝɥʇ puɐ˙˙ɹɐʍ pןɹoʍ ןɐɔıboןoɥɔʎsd buıʞɔnɟ ɐ sı sıɥʇ ˙buıop ǝɹɐ sʍǝظ ʇɐɥʍ buısodxǝ ɹoɟ ɥsɐןʞɔɐq ɔıןqnd ɐ ɟo pıɐɹɟɐ ǝq oʇ pɹoɟɟɐ ɹǝbuoן ou uɐɔ (noʎ) ˙ʍou˙˙˙ǝɹɐʍɐ ǝuoʎɹǝʌǝ ǝʞɐɯ

˙uoɯǝp ǝɯɐs ǝɥʇ ɟo sbuıʍ oʍʇ ˙sʍǝظ buıʍʇɟǝן puɐ ʇɥbıɹ 'ʎq pǝןqɐuǝ puɐ 'ʎq pǝsnɐɔ ןןɐ ˙ʇsǝʍ ǝɥʇ ɹoɟ sǝǝbnɟǝɹ pǝʇıɯıןun puɐ ןǝɐɹsı ɹǝʇɐǝɹb ɹoɟ sɹɐʍ uoɔoǝu ˙ʇı ǝǝs uɐɔ ןןɐ ǝʍ ˙ʎʇıuɐɯnɥ ʎoɹʇsǝp puɐ ǝʌɐןsuǝ oʇ sʇɹoɟɟǝ ɹıǝɥʇ pǝʇɐɹǝןǝɔɔɐ ǝʌɐɥ sʍǝظ
(((()))) ǝɥʇ ʞɔnɟ

>don't maintain basic components like septic tank
>complain about shit leak
stupid ho

>21

mfw i'm 25 and forever alone and just want a stupid boat to sail :(

I have been a dredge operator for the past 5 years.
Boats aren't so bad.

fuck off ho no one asked you you lazy pos

That looks like a lot of work.
8 sails to trim?
Ouch

i'm pretty sure that's the intro to moby dick

She understands how things work better than 95% of the hoes I know.
None the less. She is still a hoe.

fairtransport.eu/ships/tres-hombres/

That is seriously cool.

Just so long as you take the safe routes ... st lawrence, trent severn, great lakes. personally i think a chicago -> -> toronto -> nyc and beyond would be cool. moor in each city, stay a few days.

You'll find the girl for you. You'll also get the boat.
Unfortunately for you the boat will have to wait until your children are adults, like my husband and I are waiting until our kids are adults to get the JDM classics we want.

You can sure avoid the bulk of pseudo intellectuals such as yourself