What would happen if the police decided to arrest the president?

Say an average police officer wanted to arrest/detain the president for some stupid thing (that average citizens often get detained for), can the police officer do it? What would happen if they tried?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Nt0NcaxmGHo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

execution

1 quadrillion kike lawyers come running out of the white house, Trump goes back to his job

No one is above the law, but the president would be placed in a special facility

I think they'd have trouble getting past the 30 man convoy

no

secret service > police

they'd fuck up the cop if he didn't get in line, same as any crazy person who wanted to get near the president

Technically they would be allowed, but practically it would NEVER happen. Any person not in Trump's personal detail that day would be shot dead approaching him, uniformed or not. Yes, a cop in a uniform would be shot dead running up on Trump, even if he saw him commit some sort of offense. President is near untouchable.

usually politicians have immunity over various classes of crime like they cannot be pulled over for speeding or parking in loading bay, etc

lets say some crazy SJW accuses Trump of trying to sell them cocaine at a Trump rally, if the random cop wanted to detain Trump over it pending investigation, they couldn't do it?

Trump has a ccw permit in NYC.
He'd probably magdump in the guy himself tbhf.

As least 10 secret service agents would stop him.

The President cannot be arrested by any law enforcement institution in the United States because they cannot be charged with any crimes, legally. The only way to charge a President with criminal acts is through impeachment, and only acts as severe as high treason are sufficient to actually remove a President from office even if they are successfully convicted of the crime.

I'm not a cop so I'm not going to pretend to know exact procedures, but if that happened that's where my above scenario plays out. The police would probably just laugh at her and if she got rowdy about it they would detain her for disorderly conduct. Many police are pretty apathetic honestly, and they all are allowed a small amount of personal discretion on if they want to pursue certain things.

>lets say some crazy SJW accuses Trump of trying to sell them cocaine at a Trump rally
Abbos and shabbos arent allowed to post.

youtu.be/Nt0NcaxmGHo

No. Investigation of the President would have to be run through Congress. Congress can subpoena the President.

Legally, the President is immune from criminal prosecution while he is President. The charges would have to wait until he is out of office. I think this may also apply to civil court as well, but I am not sure. The only way anyone can do anything to the President is to impeach him.

Interesting, so basically if some average joe cop tried arresting Trump he'd get BTFO?

i'm Indian not aboriginal

Police can only arrest civilians, and the president is not a civilian.

dis is da poleece. misa trwump you under arrest fer crimes. time for a time out bawd man.

Nice slide op.
OP actually thinks a random cop could get past SS and arrest the president. You would get shot 100 yards out.

Yes, he would probably get shot if he insisted on approaching with a weapon whether drawn or not.

The guy would get tazed or shot by the secret service or FBI.

he won't get his boots polished that's for sure

I don't think that, I'm asking if its hypothetically possible

A average cop would likely get tackled and arrested by the secret service for even trying it or even get shot if the cop pulls out something such as a tazer or especially his gun in trying to take the president down.

More nervous than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs.

The only person who can arrest the POTUS is the sergeant-at-arms of the Senate, on express orders from the Senate.

>No one is above the law
I dont think youve ever been to the US. Politicians are above the law in countless cases.

>He'd probably magdump in the guy himself tbhf.
I think you meant... MAGADump

But presidents can be arrested and have been. Why does nobody on this board like history anymote? Grant was arrested for public drunkenness. Unless a law has changed since then, yes presidents can be arrested.

if a police officer suspected Trump was under the influence of a prohibited drug, could they detain him?

They probably wouldn't and if Trump told them to stand down he could technically just pardon himself on the spot. The reason grant got arrested is once the cop realized who he was he stopped but granted insisted he continue and do his job and arrest him.

Grant insisted*

Kek, the police would be mowed down by a 5 man team of pro90 exploiting trash.