What happened to the Taliban?

What happened to the Taliban?
Have they lost their edge?

Other urls found in this thread:

aljazeera.com/news/2017/04/taliban-attacks-key-military-base-north-afghanistan-170421134021613.html
nbcnews.com/science/science-news/rare-earth-afghanistan-sits-1-trillion-minerals-n196861
m.liveleak.com/view?i=93d_1384239379
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

They won

They went to Al-Queda

What? A new car?

If you'd asked two years ago, yes.

Right now they're resurgent. They're in control of a third of Afghanistan again, have financial pipelines and local support, and the Pentagon keeps saying they're getting help from Russia and Iran, which is probably bullshit, but makes them even more credible.

Meanwhile, over 10,000 men desert the Afghan army every single year. Men we trained and equipped, just up and go.

We'll be in Afghanistan another decade at least.

over america

They've been overshadowed by ISIS, who is much larger and more radical

>hey achmed go to the Americans and get free training
>Ok now let's free our homeland from these invaders

It's poetry!

>10,000 men desert the Afghan army every single year
For what purpose?
To take pot shots at convoys, and get blown up by drones?

And we keep doing it anyway smdh

They're in Germany living like Kangz off your tax money.

they'll be back as soon as the narrative finds it convenient

The difference is the Taliban have no interest whatsoever in attacking foreign interests, besides the occasional splinter group attack in Pakistan. The Taliban are a regional group with regional goals.

We were trying to play nice with the Taliban until like 1997. But they didn't care if we cut off aid funding or stopped building schools, so we had no leverage. It was weird.

In what movie? last time I checked, they are still running nothing and hiding in caves.

Joke's on you, I'm a NEET

To take back the country from a puppet government & kuffars

nailed it

They don't desert for the Taliban usually. Most Afghan army recruits are from parts of the country that have no ties to the Pashtun Taliban, they just decide they don't give a shit and go home.

Don't want to sound edgy but is an iron fist the only way to make an Arab nation stable?
I mean didn't Saddam pretty much keep shit locked down until fucking around in Kuwait?

Does Afghanistan have any strategic resources?

>lost their edge

u wot m8? this was just a few days ago

aljazeera.com/news/2017/04/taliban-attacks-key-military-base-north-afghanistan-170421134021613.html

Legalizing opium and Cannabis production and paying the farmers more than criminals do would be a start. Refine into heroin and hashish, tax the exports to fund infrastructure and schools.
Goes hand in hand with legalization all over the world. Benefit for the west: clean and unadulterated drugs cause fewer opioid overdoses

Several planned Unocal oil pipelines run through it.

Also,
nbcnews.com/science/science-news/rare-earth-afghanistan-sits-1-trillion-minerals-n196861

They appear from time to time. Most are in Al-Qaeda.

However, I won't be surprised when the West gives them money and weapons to rise up again to (((overthrow))) a (((dictatorship))) to continue the MIC.

What do you mean from time to time?
Afghanistan will fall to the Taliban whenever the US leaves

Taliban are shitstains, but anyone interested in this should look up Mohammed Omar, Taliban founder. Interesting person. He initially formed the Taliban to combat the institutional child sexual abuse than was rife among local warlords.

>fought against the rampant corruption that had emerged in the civil war period and were initially welcomed by Afghans weary of warlord rule. Apparently, Omar became sickened by the abusive raping of children by warlords and turned against their authority in the mountainous country of Afghanistan from 1994 onwards.

>The practice of bacha bazi by warlords was one of the key factors in Mullah Omar mobilizing the Taliban. Reportedly, in early 1994, Omar led 30 men armed with 16 rifles to free two young girls who had been kidnapped and raped by a warlord, hanging him from a tank gun barrel.

>Another instance arose when in 1994, a few months before the Taliban took control of Kandahar, two militia commanders confronted each other over a young boy whom they both wanted to sodomize. In the ensuing fight, Omar's group freed the boy; appeals soon flooded in for Omar to intercede in other disputes.

they were all CIA

Al Qaeda never had more than a couple thousand fighters, and they were just hired local guys in existing conflicts that AQ would funnel money to. They had no real allegiance to AQ. The Taliban has tens of thousands and is literally bigger now than it was when we invaded in 2001.

Exactly, the Taliban was the cure to the power vacuum the Soviets left. Unfortunately he and his whole crew were mountain peasants and their attempt to make an Islamic nation invented some bizarre shit.

Wahabist refugee madrassas are a hell of a drug.

>"I did not want to destroy the Bamiyan Buddha. In fact, some foreigners came to me and said they would like to conduct the repair work of the Bamiyan Buddha that had been slightly damaged due to rains. This shocked me. I thought, these callous people have no regard for thousands of living human beings -- the Afghans who are dying of hunger, but they are so concerned about non-living objects like the Buddha. This was extremely deplorable. That is why I ordered its destruction. Had they come for humanitarian work, I would have never ordered the Buddha's destruction."

kek

wtf i love ______ now

Some oil, minerals and fuck ton of Opium.

If sacrificing thousands upon thousands of people in order to keep your country a backwards shithole with an awful standard of living and abysmally low life expectancy is "winning", that's a pretty low bar.

Especially when your opponent loses a tiny, miniscule fraction of the manpower you lost, then eventually shrugs and says "fuckit", then goes back to their highly developed nation.

From a purely war goal perspective, yes. The taliban did achieve a good amount of their aims. Certainly not all, and it CERTAINLY cost them. To this day, they are a fraction of their original strength.

There's just no reason for us to be there. You can't help these people, they are mentally fucked, brainwashed beyond repair in many cases

>If sacrificing thousands upon thousands of people in order to keep your country a backwards shithole with an awful standard of living and abysmally low life expectancy is "winning", that's a pretty low bar.
>Implying US does anything to improve that especially when it hires warlords that are just as bad as the Taliban.

>Refine into heroin
I'd say make morphine legal and heroin illegal. I imagine that it'd be hardly consequential to the farmers, refiners, exporters and distributors as long as they were able to sell hard opiates they'd be okay with it. It's less addictive and the idea that a junkie would try to special order or synthesize illegal heroin when morphine is cheap, legal and readily available seems unlikely. The tax would need to be reasonable otherwise the black market will continue to deal in high profit drugs and turrurists will still have that revenue stream to rely on.

Hiring the warlords was a piece of legitimately shitty cultural awareness.

>the taliban are bad
>these guys hate the taliban
>these guys must be good
>anyone who doesn't like good guys is bad

>uh sir these guys are notorious human traffickers and their leader is a serial rapist
>haha well thats this part of the world for you

It doesn't help that everyone in that part of the world is a lying little snake, but calling the Taliban the evil enemy who must be eradicated was a mistake.

They still are running the business, unlike the US which buggered the hell out of Afghanistan as soon as it started losing.

Taliban used to be Based. Now Isis is the meanest fish in the pond. Convert but Like Pashtuns for the simple reason they are retarded mountain people. reminds me of part of my home. Mountains and people never mix well.

ISIS is losing ground every day and its caliphate is crashing down around their heads.

Meanwhile the Taliban is attending regular peace talks to work out a long term power sharing system between them and the government in Kabul, they have stable funding, and they're growing stronger, not drastically weaker.

Yes you're right, morphine and codeine would suffice.

Fact is, opium and cannabis grows perfectly in the middle-east, they have farmers with centuries of experience, and both are precursors for WHO listed essential medicines.

The need to establish their own pharmaceutical industry because most money is made in processing.

Strange that news rarely talk about economic development in these areas. We can't just tell them "be good". They need tangible opportunities.

>be taliban in year 2000
>living large, governing many people under authoritarian rule
>have only the best boys and goats to make sexy time with
>some tall shit named osama who runs a group called al qaeda who has always been a thorn in your side starts some shit with the US
>late 2001
>no more living in nice air conditioned houses and lording over everyone like kings
>constantly on the run from one shit hole cave to another to try and not get killed
>don't like al qaeda cause they fucked your nice arrangement up
>keep getting bombed

wtf that kid looks white

Ask your neighbor

They are busy fucking goats

m.liveleak.com/view?i=93d_1384239379

They are just waiting their orders from their masters.

Afghanistan is where white people came from they're the original white people, the whites in Europe are mutant arabs

They tried to jump on the isis train. Then got a moab to the dome of the planners

another afghan girl, stupid white cucks think the best looking whites arent arab, literally the only good looking whites have arab blood , rest are ugly

It's that dark ring around the iris, don't see it often on euros.

It's literal dark ages-tier in Afghanistan for most of the population, as you say

They weren't ready for modern society

Should have just nuked Tora Bora right after 9/11, smoked Osama with said nukes, and called it a day. Hardly anyone would have died compared to the amount that have there and Iraq.

CIA funding dried up

Most Euros have Semite (Arab) in them

The shitty nose is rarely seen in Euros, but it's common in Arabs.

Clearly not being paid enough, or threatened enough.

>Should have just nuked Tora Bora right after 9/11 and called it a day
I honestly think the world would be much better off.

Those are US/Russian soldier rape babies user.

>I did not want to destroy the Bamiyan Buddha.

My fucking dick you did not want retarded asshole

limbal ring

Nice one mate.

For those that don't know, this photo is Steve Curry's 'Afghan Girl', you've probably already seen it somewhere. Dat Kodachrome.

They just raped the fuck out of a ANA base the other day. They are still around.

This. Honestly if I was an Afghani I probably wouldn't feel like fighting for that shit hole either. Just let the American boys die for it if they want. I'd just go back to my village and not give a fuck.

Well you do that and some rebel group, or rogue pajeets, or just someone looking to rape come in and burns your village down
You ever play Mount and Blade? The Middle East kinda works like that