The reason why the Gender Wage Gap Argument is Retarded

>Groups claim that women get paid a lot less than men
>Same Groups promotes and/or support that there are more than 2 genders out there.
FOR FUCK'S SAKE PICK ONE ALREADY YOU FUCKING LIBTARDS!!

It is the choice of the employer to choose and adjust benefits, hours, and pay. It is the employee's choice to work for that employer.

Regulating should only be done in cases of extreme nationwide unemployment or other circumstances.

you have to be very careful with any social initiative or "cause". This gender bullshit is not about women - it's about CIA homos who squeal "call me caitlyn". Normal women will be targeted just like before.

So if a woman has the same exact job position and responsibilities as their male counterpart they should get paid the same amount if they prove to be as capable.

Exactly.

I don't know about the States but in the UK this largely the case. The overall pay gap here is mostly uneducated women taking low pay service and retail jobs where their male peers would take well paid trades.

It is the choice of the employer to be as equal or unequal as they wish.

Public opinion can force an employer to change policies, but nobody is forcing the employee to work there.

79 > 1
dumb wemen

You absolute imbecile, do you understand the FIRST THING about logic?

Exactly nothing about the statement
>women get paid a lot less than men
implies
>there can only be two genders

And nothing about the statement
>there are more than two genders
implies
>men and women get paid the same amount

For example, in my wallet I have THREE banknotes. Three is more than two.

Q1: Are they all the same denomination?
Q2: Why did you choose the answer you did?

Here mate, made it just for you.

Thanks!

For me the issue isn't that men are getting paid more than women unfairly but rather the issue that feminists champion their stance yet seem to conveniently forget about the other so called genders and hie much they get paid. Does a transvestite get paid more than an assexual or a bit person making less than someone questioning? And don't even get me started on the attack helicopters and their expensive military contracts

Fuck off tumblrtard

If you want feminism 101 there are plenty of tumblr pages that will show you that some feminists spend a LOT of time discussing the intersection between multiple genders, gender discrimination, and sexual orientation discrimination.

The attack helicopter issue doesn't really show up much because, while attack helicopters are very privileged in our society, they're also a tiny minority and their unique physical attributes clearly justify a pay divergence in some fields. I'm sure if you dig ENOUGH you can find a tumblrina with a strong opinion on the matter, but most of them focus on more mainstream fields.

The tl;dr of the feminist consensus is:

Sexism is bad; transphobia is a form of sexism; trans and nonbinary people do face discrimination. Trans women actually face WORSE discrimination than ciswomen, on average (at least in the US; other cultures may vary). The impacts of many prejudices are context dependant - anti-asexual prejudice is not that visible in employment, for instance, on account of the fact that the boss conditioning your job on your willingness to fuck is illegal and MOST people don't want to fuck their bosses.

Alright, if they are going to be retarded, so will I

>How can men be paid more than women when 79 clearly is a higher number than 1?

why should a women get 79c when i make a dollar? shouldn't i keep the whole dollar?

So let me get this straight: actually being able to grasp basic logic is a sign I don't belong on Sup Forums?

The entire wage gap among the working class is a myth, we have the Equal Pay Act of 1963 in the US. It's illegal to not pay them equally for equal work, and has been since anyone complaining has been born.

The "average" is different because the 1% make over 50% of the wages and hold over 50% of the wealth, and they're mostly men. Nobody pays you $600,000,000 per year, you earn it by making your own company and dominating a field.

We have equality, male success is the reality.

It's.

Not.

Real.

The study looked at how much "full-time" workers made.

40 hrs/wk and 50 are both full-time.

The men worked more hours.

The wage gap is another statist "oppression" scam to get new clients for their extortion racket.

JUST

You're pretty much pissing in the wind here user

The gender gap fell a long time ago.

Only full blown retards believe in that today

>It's illegal so it is impossible

You're the 38 Studios guy, aren't you.

IRL, companies do break the law when they think they can get away with it - see Wells Fargo opening bank accounts without customer consent, Volkswagon diddling their emissions, robosigning, Countrywide's special interest rate for blacks, Trump University, Breitbart's Sherrod coverage, and that's just shit famous enough that I've heard about it and annoying enough that I remembered it.

That's why I always claim to be a woman whenever the point is raised. Same thing with mansplaining.

But Bill Nye told me that gender was a spectrum?

And?

The real numbers are on a spectrum:
-4.6, -3.14, -1, 0, 0.0004, 0.9, 9999

are all on the line of real numbers. You will notice that there are more than two numbers on the list. The fact that they are on the number line does not make them not numbers.

Also the number one job for women is serving/waitresisng which has very low on the books income but hery high pocketed cash rates.

do imaginary numbers belong on the spectre? can -iπ be a valid gender?

topkek though gender is not a number

Bill Nye is first and foremost an entertainer under contract to say whatever his employers tell him to say.

MY GENDER IS INFINITESIMAL

If the gender gap is real, why arent employers exclusively employing women to cut down on costs?

Problem is they present these nubers and discuss equal pay for equal work at the same time, fooling dumbasses into thinking that these numbers represent EQUAL WORK. They dont. They dont factor in high paying male dominated jobs like mining and forestry, farming, construction etc. Or that women simply dont want to do these jobs. Also doesnt factor int hat ost women will take massive amounts of time off to have children.

If you can put forward a coherent theory of complex gender, potentially. What would your axes be? Do you want only two?

In practice I think most people will be happy with a masc-femme spectrum or with separate masculine and feminine axes.

>implying gender is complex and not binary

>In practice I think most people will be happy with a masc-femme spectrum or with separate masculine and feminine axes

>most people
most don't care, at least i don't
they can do that them fucking selves

>employers can save 21% on wages by just hiring women
>for some reason men still have jobs

you see why this is not a valid thing

u absolutely fucking wot?

>All full time
they're not even hiding that it's not for the same job

here's a list of different groups who get paid differently for different jobs:
>asians vs whites
>jews vs whites
>old vs young
>new yorkers vs west virginians
>suburban vs rural
>high IQ vs low IQ
>native vs foreigner
>white collar vs blue collar
>full time vs part time
clearly this is discrimination and the only way to make it right is to make sure everyone gets paid the same

They get what they pay for.