North Rhine-Westphalia state election

On the 14th of May Germans in North Rhine-Westphalia will go to the voting boths to elect their state representatives

AFD has lately had some problems in the polls on the national level, but the latest poll from North Rhine-Westphalia seems to show that their problems are over

wahlrecht.de/umfragen/landtage/nrw.htm

>AFD 11 %
Considering that AFD didnt exists last state election, they have made some great gains.
North Rhine-Westphalia is also Germanys largest state with around 18 million people

Will this be AFDs first win in a western state with a large population?
Will AFD increase during another "Merkels Summer" to the general election in the autumn?
Will anybody care about this thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_German_federal_election,_2017#Poll_results
twitter.com/AfDDuesseldorf/status/852901370021769216)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In the latest polls done on a national level AFD has between 8-10%

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opinion_polling_for_the_German_federal_election,_2017#Poll_results

Will the new leadership boost their numbers like they had during the autumn of 2016 when they polled around 12-15%?

bump

I live in NRW. Me and all my friends voting AfD. Let's do this. Fuck the green party. Hope they get under 5%. Fuck Schulz. Fuck SPD.

>NRW
Oh yes, the state where the SPD always win, where 98% of the AfD-posters were destroyed (twitter.com/AfDDuesseldorf/status/852901370021769216) and where posters of the MLPD (Marxist-Leninist Party of Germany) are everywhere you can see.

Latest Yougov poll

>SPD 36%
>CDU 27%
>AfD 11%
>Die Linke 8%
>FDP 7%
>Die Grunen 6%
>Pirates 2%

So im guessing the current ruling coalition of SPD-Greens will continue if the Greens dont just fall below the 5% threashold?
But dont FDP have a history of working with SPD on the national level atleast?

If a SPD, Die Grünen, die Linke coalition will be formed NRW is done and I'm moving somewhere else. It is already the most dangerous place in Germany.

You need 50% for a ruling coalition

>die Linke
arent they put in like cordon sanitaire?

you dont have negative parlimentarism in Germany?

seems reasonable, i wouldnt want to live in a fucking commie hellhole aswell

You'd need the approval of all the other parties to form a minority government.
Good luck with that.
Also there are polls from usually respectable institutes which have CDU and SPD neck and neck and grüne on 5% in the same timeframe as the yougov one.

I.e.: the NRW polls are shit and chaotic. Not reliable at all.

Prediction (if you can even call it one because it is almost 100% certainty): so called "big coalition" between CDU and SPD

AfD has already pushed CDU more to the right. If they get a huge opposition that'd be great. Everything is better than fucking SPD and Die Grünen coalition.

Couldnt the Greens and SPD just have a minority goverment with support of Die Linke, even if they arent apart of the ruling goverment? If we assume that the Green pass 5%
>so called "big coalition" between CDU and SPD
Since AfD has started making gains in state-elections that has become more common right?
In the long run it only makes AfD the main opposition

I am actually not that versed in north the Rhine Westphalian constitution or laws,so you might be right that the linke support would be enough, but why not just take them in a redredgreen coalition then. It is the least favourite coalition of the people but the parties don't care so they would do it if they can.
Would be a disaster for NRW though.
BUT:
Grüne and linke are on the verge of falling out. Not trying to be bold but I think (and hope) they will
The op poll shows linke at 8% all others show them at 5%.
Grüne at 6%. Trend: falling
The greens have said the last few days at we shouldn't deport afghans even if they were alquaida because the punishment in Afghanistan for membership in a terror organisation would be too harsh. Don't expect them to rise in the polls.

I'm so fucking excited for the election. If the green party and die linke don't get 5% i will cry tears of joy

>but why not just take them in a redredgreen coalition then
i guess in Germany they arent viewed as "legitimate" to govern with
I guess the best results would be if Green and Linke both fell under 5% and a big coalition would be the only solution with AfD being the only real opposition and become the 3rd largest party

against the nazi everyone unites.

Its fact.

by by afd=NSDAP

Your other question:
They will become the biggest opposition party, yes. In some state parliaments they even are the second biggest party.
For now and the foreseable future the afd won't be part of any coalition though and will stay opposition
No other party wants to.
Look at Austria and the FPÖ. They were in the same situation and it took a lot of time before they were "normalised" and accepted into coalitions.
Also the afd has a lot of autists, plain narcissists like the guy in the op picture, literally mental retards, nazi larpers and real nazis.
A lot of infighting always going on.
The party and their members are their own biggest enemy in my opinion, because they sometimes seem whacky, unstable, stupid and dangerous for the average person.
They have to get their shit together if they ever want to participate in a government.

That would be the best realistic outcome.

The afd will never be a threat to any possible government coalition in NRW so I don't see your point here.

Hey guys why are germans still voting CDU and SPD?

I think we've gotten so fucked in the ass over here that our populist party is the biggest come 2018 elections.
Why is Afd making so much slower gains?
We have the same kind of PC culture right?

>For now and the foreseable future the afd won't be part of any coalition though and will stay opposition
Well thats almost always the case for "nationalistic" partys or anti-immigration partys
The Danish peoples party were in the parliament for 10 years before they got accepted into co-operation with the other right-wing parties
And they were a splinter-group from an earlier party that were apart of Danish politics since the 1970s
Same in Norway bascially, Progress Party existed since atleast the late 70s but only became apart of the goverment after the elections in 2013
Atleast the AfD dont have a "problematic" past as a white-nationalist movment or something like that, they were started as an eurosceptic movment, which might make it easier for them to be allowed into the finer political "rooms"

considering they started up in early 2013, they have done a pretty good journey so far, considering they have bascially everyone against them

>I think we've gotten so fucked in the ass over here that our populist party is the biggest come 2018 elections.
After sitting in 8 years on the national level and being the only real opposition, then its not that strange
>Why is Afd making so much slower gains?
AfD was started in Febuary of 2013
Sweden Democrats was started in 1988
Thats like asking why Sweden Democrats didnt become the largest party in the 1994 elections

older people here tend to vote the same party over and over again their whole life. AfD's gains are actually pretty impressive. No other party has ever had so many votes after only a existing for a couple of years.

but then again the situation in both our countries are kinda extreme.
good points though

>but then again the situation in both our countries are kinda extreme.
per capita we have taken alot more refugees the last couple of years
also Germany had NPD for a long while and CDU/CSU has been able to keep the right-wing flank "clean"

True.
If they can get around 10% in NRW of all places (were people traditionally vote left against their interests) that would a great performance for them, even if they only just get in would be still good.
Would cause a lot of butthurt.
Also the NRW State election is often seen as the first real benchmark/test run before the federal election. And the gains and losses of all parties will be looked at very close.
If the spd loses a lot (which it looks like right now) say good bye to the schulz meme, it will be over and the Schulz train crashed.
Although it already began to stutter after the Saarland elections in march and you don't hear from him anymore (after a period of daily articles about him)
Would be funny to see the hyped up candidate of the press fall from grace.

>Will anybody care about this thread?
since i am a member of AfD NRW, this is relevant to my interests. AfD will have a decent showing here, nothing more because most people in the urban Ruhrgebiet are traditionally SPD cucks. which was semi-understandable while mining was still the decisive factor here.

but to still hold onto that, especially due to the high number of muslims here, is blue-pilled as fuck

>Will the new leadership boost their numbers like they had during the autumn of 2016 when they polled around 12-15%?
no. they are not moderate enough. terror attacks may accomplish that though.

>If they can get around 10% in NRW of all places (were people traditionally vote left against their interests)
Not only that but its a big state (large population) and earlier state-election where they have gotten above 10% have mostly been smaller eastern-states
>Also the NRW State election is often seen as the first real benchmark/test run before the federal election
Which is good, it could propel them forward to the national election
>Saarland elections
I remember that, they were actually ahead in the polls and way ahead of CDU, but then the results came in and they actually went back from last election meanwhile CDU was underestimated in the polls

posters arent effective anyway, i think. i am a fan of distributing leaflets and engaging voters personally. been doing that and getting harrassed by antifa some time ago.

dont exaggerate, faggot. if you want to move somewhere else, go there because it's nicer there and nicer people live there. that said, germany will split again anyway. right-wing people will move east while the west will become a multi-cultural hellhole (we havent seen nothing yet).

and the next generation of germans in the east will use eastern europe for trainign and weapons supply to organize a reconquista. it's all very predictable at this point.

>if i don't have a villain, i create one so that i can play robin hood
walking in the fine tradition of ulbricht and honecker

>Hey guys why are germans still voting CDU and SPD?
why did people join hitler so fast after he got appointed chancellor? germans are particular spineless go-alongs. germans are scared of being outsiders, speaking their own mind. instead, they go with whatever everyone else goes with. it's safer (in the short run), plain and simple.

it's also incredibly stupid and cowardly. but the core trait of germans isnt discipline or lack of sense of humor. it's being go-alongs.

Why were Austrians 8 percent of the Reich population, but 14 percent of the SS and 40 percent of concentration camp staff?

When I went there everyone was qt and kind but when I read things about them they sound scary

also you don't need 35 or 50% to have an impact. any party that gets 20% of votes influences the others.