Barista - Left: Creates a Tangible Product, Is a an expert in her line of work, overall creates happiness

Barista - Left: Creates a Tangible Product, Is a an expert in her line of work, overall creates happiness.
>Only makes 20k Annually
Investment Banker - Right:Creates no Tangible Product, All he does is moves around a huge bulk of money, waits for it to magically become more "Valuable" by like 1%. Makes 600,000 for the firm only because that bulk of money was large enough.
>Makes 200,000+ with crazy benefits.

How is this fair again?

>Investment banker is one on 100K people in the country who can run that business and he's probably one of the best of them.
>Barista is just some person racked from the street doing a repetitive and low skilled job.

Capitalism baby.

It's not, though most people on this board will rant about 'bootstraps'

I still haven't worked out if /pol is...

a) Trolling as right wing
b) Authoritarians who just want to bow their head to someone
c) Actually 'right-wing' (see b )

investment banks just move large sums of money, and if they fuck up the burden lies unto the taxpayers. GTFO jew.

Most of them are bitter nerds that used their bullied past as motivation to do really well in college and try to be alpha by acting like callous dicks, but they're pretty fragile once you expose the layers.

>left
A kike slave
>right
A kike

What if... We killed ALL the jews?

So why aren't you an investment banker if it is so easy?
Don't tell me you're a suburban and rural retard!
>He won't get the nuclear codes, comrade!

>Capitalism baby.
Not really. It's actually crony capitalism.

Seems about right...
The kind of people that see empathy and compassion as weaknesses I'm sure.

Personally I'm hoping that humanity gets over all this in-fighting nonsense so we can develop and grow (both individually and as a species) without the shackles of this artificially created limitation of 'money'.

Basically a renaissance for humanity and individualism.

>Barista
>Investment Banker

Both are going to be replaced by robots/supercomputers.

So when all jobs are automated, what happens to those millions who are out of work?

Things like UBI are a step in the right direction to resolve this issue.

Humanity as a whole won't benefit from mass-automation of the workplace. -- Only corporations will.

Automation should 'release' people from the bonds of 'having to do manual tasks', allowing them to spend time on art, maths, inventions, etc.

Banksters are part of a giant scam... A Ponzi scheme crated by (((them))). Nearly all 'money' in circulation is created out of thin air as a result of debt creation. Most of us, including the Barista, ar debt slaves. Banksters are like leaches. I'm not talking about most bank employees but the elites at the top.

>starbucks barista
>expert
kys, i bet you drink lipton tea too

>overall creates happiness

Every barista I interact with is either a sulky teenager or a shithead SJW.

>Humanity as a whole won't benefit from mass-automation of the workplace. -- Only corporations will.
Very true. The type of globalism we have now is using George Orwell's 1984 book more as guide than a warning.

>Automation should 'release' people from the bonds of 'having to do manual tasks', allowing them to spend time on art, maths, inventions, etc.
I understand what you mean, but the vast majority of humanity would probably just do drugs and murder each other instead of "bettering" itself.

One way out of this Globalist Bankster trap is for more and more people to adopt Bitcoin or some similar blockchain currency. Then there would be very little need for banks at all. Bitcoin is revolutionary and I don't know why (((they))) haven't destroyed it already. Maybe they can't?

>Is a an expert

An "expert" at making fucking coffee. Anybody that's not in a coma can do her job.

>How is this fair again?

Because of supply and demand. A concept that you marxists will never understand.

I know a lot of people think that, but there is significant evidence to the contrary.

Things like retirement villas are not full of drug addicts and murderers, yet no-one there has to work.

Vast majority of of wealthy early-retirees generally don't go on to cause greater societal issues. -- Think artists, actors, sports people, musicians, etc.

In fact, when you get people who have SO much spare time and the means to help people, occasionally you get charities and foundations popping up.. ones that actually help people, animals, environment, etc.

>I understand what you mean, but the vast majority of humanity would probably just do drugs and murder each other instead of "bettering" itself.
This is probably similar thinking that the globalist elites have. Better to genocide people so the Earth can get down to 500 Million population? Oh, except for the elites living in absolute luxury of course.

fuck off you capitalist pig.

banker is more smarter than the barista.
don't hate the playa hate the game.

>expert at pushing a button on a cappuccino machine
Which university did she get her master's degree at?

>Better to genocide people so the Earth can get down to 500 Million population? Oh, except for the elites living in absolute luxury of course.
Mass automation would lead to the collapse of our monetary system and the rich kike's lifestyle.

It would lead to more people and make the "Mathusian Trap" worse. Everywhere would become a polluted, criminal, shanty-town shithole.

>Because of supply and demand. A concept that you marxists will never understand.
Not correct. Bankster elites make a fortune because they are benefiting from a rigged system. People that understand how the banking and monetary system works will also understand it's a giant scam.

You don't know what an investment banker does

What's more likely is that the economy will continue to focus on production long after humans can compete, and the food we rely on will not be grown because the land owners will fill all their crop growing space with solar panels.

Capitalism is similar to evolution, it's using the matter and space that you control in a fight for future matter and space, it's more fundamental than human civilization and will continue in some form long after we're gone.

>Right:Creates no Tangible Product
That's where you're wrong, kiddo

if the barista knew how to do what the banker did she would be doing it

it's fair because nobody is stopping her from learning what it takes

>Mass automation would lead to the collapse of our monetary system and the rich kike's lifestyle.
I think not. The globalist elites, including globalist bankster elites, are promoting automation so I hardly think it will damage their lifestyle.

>It would lead to more people and make the "Mathusian Trap" worse. Everywhere would become a polluted, criminal, shanty-town shithole.
Possibly yes, you're right - but only because of an ever widening gap between a growing slave class and a very small number of elites.

The Barista should have got an MBA instead of a Masters in Gender studies

>You don't know what an investment banker does
who doesn't?

The kids on this site have no respect for physical work and a labour based economy because they have never done an honest days work in their lives, and their parents work at a bank. Hard work is for plebs, yet ironically they hate Jews.

Simply the free market, one of those two jobs takes actual skill. The other just requires a Women's Studies degree.

As an economist, this thread saddens me.

So much lack of information and knowledge.

You'll still be unemployed paella-nigger

even pressing the right button on a machine is more difficult than guessing the market randomly; studies have shown again and again hedge fund managers are no better than random selection.

but by all means keep believing the in the (((meritocracy))) estonia friend

Investment banker is a really good von man. All businesses value con men. Every retail store has up sales and all sorts of bullshit to con you. Investment banker is the very top of that field

>That's where you're wrong, kiddo
Op is correct. The current form of banking and monetary system was designed to only benefit a few and to enslave the rest. The system creates an underclass who represent the 'productive economy', paying their taxes, getting in debt to be part of this consumer society. The banksters are not part of the productive economy and only leach off the backs of those who they have enslaved.

UBI is a fucking meme

What makes you think writing checks to dumb poor people is going to allow them to manage their money better??

stupid people suck at money management in the first place

>alt rights are mad because bullied
>so ill keep bullying them
wew stellar logic

>studies have shown again and again hedge fund managers are no better than random selection
haha
no

Hedge fund managers are very skilled and do work very hard. Not at actuly investing properly but at convincing people to put money in their sub optimal fund

Investment bankers make a lot more than 200k user.

>Be smart
>Spend tens of thousands of dollars, a big portion of your life in education and incredible hard work
>Get high paying job

>Be retarded
>Get job for retards that doesn't require any money, motivation or time to put in
>Get poor paying job

Wow, I wonder why shit works this way. Somebody needs to tell me why doctors make more than factory workers.

Leftypol
Was
A
Mistake

I'm a machinist. I fabricate parts used in industry. My job is the backbone of my country.

I make $40,000 leaf dollars a year doing the 9 to 5 grind creating hundreds of thousands in value for the company I work for.

My sister is a waitress in a trendy restaurant. She works evenings. She makes $48,000+/year in tips. Her job can literally be done by anyone as it is just walking with food / drinks.

Makes you think.

because they made it to retirement or they're old and frail not because they aren't working.

>The kids on this site have no respect for physical work and a labour based economy because they have never done an honest days work in their lives... Hard work is for plebs, yet ironically they hate Jews.
You make a very good point here. I think part of the problem is that most people, including supposedly 'based' Anons simply do not understand what a crazy scam the current banking and monetary system is. I think it was Henry Ford who once said, if people realised how it worked, there would surely be a revolution (to paraphrase). People who are based AND informed should not stand up for a corrupt system that uses the banking and monetary system as its power base.

just do whatever your sister does if it can "literally be done by anyone" sounds way better than whatever you do now

No, it makes you a retard

Because an investment banker puts money into the company that the barista works at, which gives them capitol to provide the material to make coffee, and pays her salary. which allows her to have a job in the first place.

>As an economist, this thread saddens me.
>So much lack of information and knowledge.
Expand please.

Work in automation. Install safety systems and make workers jobs nicer. Pays 100k.

Have to put up with cronyism and thuggery. All the unsafe Dicks are leftists.

Because I like my job. Feels good having a useful job when more than half of them contribute nothing.

And sadly I won't fair as well as a waiter as I don't have female privilege where men give their cuck donations via tips.

>yeah um hey user,
>how yoy doing today, yeah cool,
> i hate trump, so angry today,
> thats why im here, heh you know need my morning dose heh.
>so yeah, uh, can i get a venti quad decaf mochafrap, half sweet, light whip, extra driz, maybe toss a banana in there? Yeah and i want the extra in another cup.
>your so sweet user my favourite coffee slinger heheh
>see ya tomoz

>typical interaction
>expert in their field.

You don't need an investment banker to buy stock. Investment bankers are professional shills. They never have the same investment portfolios like whet they sell to their clients

I said UBI was a step in the right direction, not an end-game solution.

Nice strawman though

Piss poor example.

Doctors don't create shit either... but do they deserve less money?

Risk creates value. If you fuck up a coffee order who cares? Fuck up a burger... big shit right?

Fuck up a trade in the billions... peoples lives are fucked.

Fuck up a surgery. People die

Value is based on risk vs. reward to any employer.

Name one career that has a shit load of potential negative risk that only pays $20k/yr.

These slide threads... you guys even fucking trying?

>nuwellfare

No

No, you don't need an investment banker. They are a service provided to people who don't know how to invest themselves. They create the opportunity to make much more money than a barista for potential investors. They have a highly skilled position, and as such command a high salary.

Just the same as you don't need to go to a coffee shop to get coffee from a barista. You can just make it yourself.

>studies have shown again and again hedge fund managers are no better than random selection.
That's true. I worked in the investment management sector for quite a few years. Fund management for example... Most funds underperform the main indexes like FTSE 100, S&P 500, etc. Honestly, most of the 'high fliers' in Finance that some Anons in this thread seem to admire are really not worth much. I would value the skills and experience of a Carpenter or Blacksmith much, much more.

I don't think people having spare time makes them murderers or drug addicts

They are trying, but failing. Its all about causong division among us. What they dont know is you cant divide the truth.

I feel like people don't know how an economy works. Or finance, for that matter. They think finance is so easy. And they think only in tangible products, not actual value of services.

"If I make x, anyone who makes y must be a crook."

? Not sure what you are trying to say, use your words.

If one makes a mistake with your money she can just pour you another cup, or you at worst, you realize to late your coffee is bad and have to go the morning without.

If the other messes up with your money, there goes your retirement plan.

I know this is bait, but the sad truth is that a pic like this would show up on Reddit's front page. People unironically believe this.

>Not at actuly investing properly but at convincing people to put money in their sub optimal fund
True. I've seen it. The whole financial system if rigged. That ain't something to aspire to, desu.

yeah that has nothing to do with it some people are just going to be that way. Implying because people have more free time they won't break the law is retarded. They aren't going to magically become artists and inventors

Blue pulled answer. The ones making money from a investment banker are the people getting the money not the ones investing.

investment bankers on average get returns worse than the S&P 500. But they get paid by the people who receive the investments to shill for them

This

Investment banker = responsible for the preservation and returns on an amount of capital that small countries admire. Notorious for sustaining performance through long term stimulant use. Work greater than 60 hours a week and available 24/7.

jesus, thank you sensible user. as a follow up question, are derivatives (and deriv trading) as fucking bad as they sound? I seem to recall deutschebank was about to tank a derivative book with something asinine like $50 trillion on it - how does that happen? and what happens to the economy if there's a problem in derivatives?

sorry to spam

Lucky. I get angry lazy black people who don't know their own company's milk policy.

A SPLASH OF CREAM IS FREE IF UNDER 4 OZ.

Don't be hating just because we both be white.

why doesn't the barista invent a machine that can make at 1000x the rate then? if she just works in bulk then she can make just enough money as the banker.

capital when referring to investment and finance is spelled capital, capitol is a government legislative building

You don't know that they wouldn't become artists / inventors / engineers / scientists / etc.

If people are given the MEANS and OPPORTUNITY to achieve these things, in all likelihood a percentage of them will.

How many talented people are stuck in low-paying long-hours jobs, without the means to achieve larger goals.

Wew, really fantastic argument. Could you have your head up your ass any further?

>Because an investment banker puts money into the company that the barista works at...
Very lame defence of something that shouldn't be defended. It's often the banksters that end up destroying companies and jobs - asset stripping, foreclosing, etc. Companies can raise capital in a number of ways without going near Investment Bankers.

Explain how this utopia could happen.

I'll wait.

leaf makes a good point. Beta cucks pay big money in tips for a little bit of cleavage.

the development of some technology or process on the order of the microchip is invented next year.

Why do professional athletes make millions upon millions of dollars for playing a game?

Why do celebrities make millions upon millions of dollars for playing pretend in front of a camera?

These things are not necessities, yet they make the most. All while we have veterans you fought in wars living on skid row.

The world isnt fair, its more along the lines of fucked up.

UBI is just a remastered wellfare system. The difference is thag they offer it to everyone on the basis that no one feels stigmatized. However, once everyone is on it and the system becomes stable it will give the government an honest reason to dictate what you can and cannot do with your portion. Two things happen, A) become become fully reliant on the state and either refuse, dont know how, or get lazy with providing for themselves. B) That portion increases incrementally to absorb more an more people to get comfortable being spoonfed. This idea is not for thd boomers, x, or melenials. Its for kids of generation z, who know nothing else. It will destroy drive, ambition, and creativity.

>steam machine technician vs macro-economic logistics

faggot no one does that everyone tips the server the same no matter what their gender is unless the service is really great or really shitty.

What do you think africans and central americans do all day? You really think they create charities with all their free time instead of murdering sprees?

Any culture below 95 IQ will probably just create a warzone if you give them utopia. They'll have so many kids the whole thing collapses because they're birthing even faster than they're murdering.

Fuck off antifa.

This

>I feel like people don't know how an economy works. Or finance, for that matter.
Well, you're right that there's a lot of ignorance around. However, I have worked in the financial sector in The City of London for years and have a pretty good handle on economics and on how the banking and monetary system works. I understand fully that the banking and monetary system is a giant scam. I understand that 'too big to fail' banks are doing absolutely dishonest things that hurt ordinary people while being given huge bonuses for doing so. I'm disgusted by it all but I have to make a living so endure it for now. These Financial Sector 'high flighers' earning the big bonuses and driving around in their Porches and so on... I rate them about 1% of ordinary decent people who make real things that matter.

ITT: People who don't understand investment banking.

he has to be super fucking smart in order to not fuck up and lose his clients money and likewise also has to be available to his clients 24 hours of the day 7 days a week or they will go with someone else because they are rich demanding assholes and they can be that way because they are rich now fuck off back to where you came from communist

>Investment banker = responsible for the preservation and returns on an amount of capital that small countries admire.
and it stinks mate. It's usury and we know who invented that, right? Ha, I thought Sup Forums didn't like (((them))).

We would free the kike slaves, freeing slaves always works out for all parties involved.

>are derivatives (and deriv trading) as fucking bad as they sound?
Worse. It happens because of a corrupt system that (((they))) have been allowed to exploit. Globalist banking elites engineer boom and bust cycles and they get richer on the up and the down. The busts represent a massive asset transfer from the productive economy to the globalist banking elites. This partly explains the ever growing disparity between the rich and the rest of us.

Deutsche Bank hold 13% of the worlds derivative exposure. It boggles the mind.

Hold your fucking tongue I worked with the dregs of society for two years while in college my boss was high more often than not when at work. Everyday those pitiful people would bitch that making a sandwitch for $8.05 an hour wasn't worth their time they the college dropouts were above it.
I have never met a more entitled group of people the fits I've seen them pull over customers not tipping for them to do their jobs and then God forbid you deny them tips because they were I don't know two hours late they go to the boss and complain as if the boss didn't write the rule and have us all sign a paper agreeing to it.

Holy fuck do these people irritate me thet do an absolutely shit job for six hours complain they didn't make more money and then go to bars or just get high and I understand recreation time but when you do it every day I can't fucking defend your failure.

So drive for money is the sole reason things like art is created?

what about the cure for polio, was that money-driven?

You are equating 'progress' with 'the pursuit of money', these are not the same.

Again, your argument that money drives creativity or ambition is incorrect.

Super-wealthy actors still act in movies, even low-budget art-house ones, please explain that?

Musicians still perform or crank out albums, not because 'they have bills to pay', but because of the art itself.

>Fuck off antifa.
I don't think you get it. Recognising that the system is fucking rigged doesn't make someone left wing. It just makes them aware. (((They))) created the giant Ponzi scheme that is the global banking and monetary system. (((They))) get even more wealth from the rigged system.

>he has to be super fucking smart in order to not fuck up and lose his clients money
How little you seem to know. I work with these people on a daily basis. They depend completely on infrastructure, tools and services provided by smart people who earn not much in comparison.

Fair does not exist, it is an idealistic concept. The investment banker makes more because what he does involves risk, and because that is what it costs to get someone to do that.

Fair is bullshit, make yourself valuable and you will make more than those who aren't.