Democrats Propose Tyler Clementi Act To Support LGBTs

thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/330928-dem-lawmakers-introduce-anti-harassment-bill

Three Democratic lawmakers on Thursday introduced a measure that would require colleges and universities to establish policies prohibiting discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity.

The bill, dubbed the Tyler Clementi Higher Education Anti-Harassment Act, comes two months after the Trump administration reversed Obama-era guidelines aimed at protecting transgender students from discrimination at schools and colleges.

The legislation was named for Clementi, a Rutgers University student who committed suicide in 2010 after being harassed over his sexual orientation.

The legislation would also create a federal grant program to provide funding for anti-harassment efforts at colleges and universities. Rep. Mark Pocan (D-Wis.) is introducing the same measure in the House.

The Obama administration issued federal guidance last year stating that Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments protected students from discrimination based on gender identity, rather than just gender alone. It also ensured students access to the restrooms and other facilities consistent with their gender identity.

The Trump administration issued new guidelines in February withdrawing the Obama-era guidelines, arguing that issue was best handled at the state level.

notice strange teeth on Patty Murray as if she is not from america, but from rainbow donut of shit martini stirrers. There is more to this teeth issue than meets an eye. Her teeth might not be rotten. Not talking about that.

same story with teeth of Tammy Baldwin. You don't have to be dentist to see "anomalies" on par with ufos..

brb jumping off gw bridge

>I am so committed to being a fag that I would rather kill myself than be questioned

Why are fags so scared of opposing views?

he looks like a fag

>harassed
It was a prank gone wrong. It was a gnarly prank that wasn't funny, but it sure as hell wasn't harassment.

Wat was the prank friendo?

Wasn't it because his room-mate posted a webcam video of him kissing a guy on twitter?

The gay guy was in the closet (although everyone knew he was gay) and brought a guy back to his room to fool around with. One of his dorm mates or someone who lived nearby, one of his friends in fact, managed to stream the entire event for a few people they knew to watch. Only like 3 people saw it and they all cheered him on. It was all done in good humor.

Our closeted "victim" found out about it and jumped off a bridge.

Why did he kiss another man if he was embarrassed enough to kill himself over it?

Came here to post this.

Ignore Sodomite Orders

Fuck if I'd know. He talked to a RA and asked to change rooms afterwards, and the guy that set up the webcam was in pretty deep shit. Problem solved.

this nigga ugly lmoa

this nigga couldnt get dick if he tried lmao

bump

Jesus Christ. I mean, that's not cool to film someone doing private shit... But there's no way you should be made liable for their overdramatic response to it.

If I call a faggot a faggot, and he throws himself off a bridge, will I go to jail? I fucking hate LGBT bullshit. They just act like giant fucking babies and our government is ore than willing to turn this whole goddamn country into a giant playpen just to accomodate the weakest, most pathetic people among us.

Bring back bullying. Stop this fucking descent into perpetual childhood. Fuck.

>its just a prank bro
You live your life in secret. You're from small town America where you dont know any other gay people and youve always kept it to yourself. You get into college and finally have the opportunity to explore that side of your life. You meet someone you like and have an intimate moment, only to find out afterwards that your roommate secretly recorded your private encounter and showed it to all his friends.

I'd jump off the bridge too.

Then you're a pussy. Life is full of embarrassing moments and learning to shrug it off is a badly undervalued quality of adulthood. is right.

Again, it was a shit prank. It wasn't funny especially in our digital age, but it wasn't harassment.

>Then you're a pussy. Life is full of embarrassing moments and learning to shrug it off is a badly undervalued quality of adulthood.

Falling in public is embarassing.
Getting too drunk and throwing up is embarassing.

Getting spied on and having a sexual encounter unknowingly live streamed online is more than just embarassment. Fuck you

It was only seen by like 3 people. It wasn't broadcast to the whole world. Only to a few people in their building, most of whom didn't even see it.