Christianity thread

Hello everyone,

I'm an Armenian male who has lost the way.

Someone please help convince me that Christianity is 100% accurate.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FmTsS5xFA6k
youtube.com/watch?v=TgisehuGOyY
youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc
youtube.com/watch?v=qP2rLgrBtTI
youtube.com/watch?v=gkwLnvY9jVM
youtube.com/watch?v=VeKavDdRVIg
youtube.com/watch?v=xFpvKKmTF7c&index=14&list=PLH2uhJ2RmgYWPI0MWW2dtZRzahOy4Ttfg
twitter.com/AnonBabble

That's a vague request. Ask specific questions and concerns and I will try and help you brother.

Read the bible and just believe. Take the leap of faith.
And straightway the father of the child cried out, and said with tears, Lord, I believe; help thou mine unbelief!
Mark 9:24

Just in a state of cognitive dissonance. I'm a rational and logical person, so naturally I tend to reject things like religion and label it as superstitious. On the other hand, I do have moments where I'm in a state of mind that allows me to understand religious messages and inner truths, which I think Christianity has an abundance of.

Yeah I understand that. It was actually my interest in philosophy in highschool that led me to taking an interest in Christianity after I stumbled upon Thomas Aquinas and other classical Christian philosophers and their arguments for God's existence. That really pulled me in, because prior to that I assumed it was obvious that a divine creator made no sense logically. That turned my whole view around.

And this might or might not sound cringey but my interest in Tolkien's literature, and then finding out he was a devout Catholic, and then re-reading The Lord of the Rings with this newly discovered fact in mind made me read the story in a whole different light and really was a... well, "Christ-conscious" experience for me.

>It was actually my interest in philosophy in highschool that led me to taking an interest in Christianity after I stumbled upon Thomas Aquinas and other classical Christian philosophers and their arguments for God's existence.
Do you have any sources to read on them?

Do not fall for sandnigger cults

You're approaching it wrong if you need 100% accuracy

You seem confused. This isn't Try not to make this mistake again(but I know you will, you shitposting newfag)

>I think God must be real
>therefore he is
There, summary of every one of these "arguments".

The only truth you will find is from the source. Pray to God, ask Jesus is He is the truth. Grab a bible (KJV) and ask Him to show Himself in the scriptures. Gospel of John is always a good starting point. Good luck brother, i hope you find your way

youtube.com/watch?v=FmTsS5xFA6k
youtube.com/watch?v=TgisehuGOyY
these are a really watered down view of God by Anselm and Aquinas. However, these videos can help push you in the right direction for what you're looking for.

No, not even close.

Christ died and rose 3 days later to wash you of your sins, letting you sin non-stop each day as long as you pray for forgiveness.

Mohammed (peace absolutely NOT be upon him) raped little girls and isn't the Right-hand of God.

You'll make the right decision, I'm sure

Since you are Armenian, I think you will find some interest in this:

fun fact: Armenia was the first country to have Christianity as its state religion. The Armenian Apostolic Church is also an Oriental Orthodox Church, which means they don't accept the Council of Chalcedon.

Church History is sort of my thing.

Read Rene Girard. Christianity is a myth, but it is a myth apart from all other myths. It is the only myth that explains to us what we are. It is up to you to decide whether this myth is of divine origin of not---but if you affirm it, then you are on your way to becoming Christian.

He is and you already know it

Just start reading Aquinas and the church fathers

Watch some of brother Breaker's videos. He has helped revitalize my faith and interest in the Bible.

It's not 100% accurate. It wasn't supposed to be. Read the bible and UNDERSTAND exactly what the teachings are and how you can apply in your life and community. Don't take it literally. The bible isn't like the Kuran where Muslims say that the word that is there is the word of God and so it's the absolute truth.

You're a human. Christ was a human. The bible was written by some very inspired humans. Humans make mistakes and are not always right. Interpret it. Understand the teachings. Be a good human being to everyone and fucking kill your enemies.

So they are Oriential Orthodox, but as a new convert to Greek Orthodoxy, would I be able to take Eucharist at an Armenian Orthodox service? From my understanding I can with the other Orthodox services, but I dont know if the Coptics, Ethiopians, or Oriential Churches count too.

If you are interested in that sort, then check out the Chronicles of Narnia.
C.S. Lewis converted to Christianity due to his friendship with Tolkien (Although Tolkien was upset that Lewis converted to Anglicanism instead of Catholicism).

He wrote the Chronicles of Narnia with a Christian view, and there are many examples of symbolism.

>says I'm wrong
>not how
>doesn't correct it
Okay, then.
>raped little girls
Sex with one's wife is not rape.

Human beings evolved to be religious. Having a higher power increases individual resilience. It's obviously beneficial for order, belonging, and fecundity from a group selection perspective. Pick a religion you find aesthetic or empowering. There are much better fights to fight than forcing atheism on yourself. Live according to nature. Attempting to do otherwise is like trying to punch out god, whether there is such a thing or not.

There is a spiritual link between us all that is either fiercely denied, or organized religions attempt to define, only the often get lost when they try to figure out who is in charge.

None of us on this Earth to my knowledge know what is in the afterlife.

Religion is not bad. Just stear clear from people trying to sell you matching tenny pumps and purple shrouds, juggling snakes, or throwing infedels from buildings.

if you think you can know Christ through logic, you're already lost. 1 Corinthians 1:21

faith is a gift of the Holy Spirit and it must be prayed for. "Lord i believe - help my unbelief!"

Christ is risen and He is in our midst, OP

I am afraid not, friend.
The Oriental Orthodox and the Eastern Orthodox have been in schism for many years.

However, there is hope for reunion! In the 1980-90s, the two Churches agreed to accept a Joint Christological Statement (which basically says that hold the same view on Jesus Christ). This dialogue has continued to grow until this day! I believe strongly that the two Churches will be in Communion within our lifetimes.

The only real thing that separated the two in theology was a language barrier.

God bless!

I would strongly suggest NOT picking up a KJV version of the bible, While I dont believe you will find anything contrary to what we know now, it is actually less accurate to what we can definitively know is in scripture now. Since the KJV was written, thousands more manuscripts of the bible have been found ad cross referenced to give us everything we know now. KJV had merely hundreds and asserts a lot that could not be certain. Versions like ESV, NIV, and ASV were composed based off the thousands of manuscripts we have now and will provide you with text that is more verifiably closer to what the original text would have shown.

I was raised Christian and lost my way when I was young. Reading The Case for a Creator by Lee Strobel and C.S. Lewis' books Mere Christianity and Screwtape Letters helped revitalize my faith. Case for a Creator goes over a scientific basis for why a creator must exist.

For example, if you accept that the Big Bang is true then how did our planet out of all the planets have the perfect conditions for life? What do you mean conditions? If our big gas giant planets Jupiter and Saturn aren't where they are now, life isn't possible. If the moon is too big or too small, life isn't possible. If the Earth is too far or too close, life isn't possible. The list goes on and on and the odds of this happening from an explosion of gasses and dust are so minute the number has trillions of zeroes after it.

So if you accept that there is a creator how do we know that it's the God of Christianity? This is where CS Lewis steps in. In Mere Christianity he outlines his argument for God.

out of those 3 (ESV, NIV, and ASV), which would you suggest?

I'm agnostic, but grew up in a very Christian household. I'm finding myself being drawn back a little.

My copy of Mere Christianity is sitting within arms reach (literally). It truly is a great work!

i'm a convert to greek orthodoxy too. Christos anesti!

the armenian apostolic church is pretty based. they recognize only the first three ecumenical councils and armenia was the first country in the history of the world to make Christianity the official state religion - they did so even before the roman empire itself

dont see Christianity as a cult..thats the problem whit past generations.. se jesus as an rebel.who wanted to change the word. read all the gospels taken out from the bible, they are the most important

yeep.when armenia become christian they were killing christians in rome:)

Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life."
John 14:6

Just open your heart, user. Jesus is knocking -- let him in.

youtube.com/watch?v=1zMf_8hkCdc

youtube.com/watch?v=qP2rLgrBtTI

Depends on what you want. If you want the most accurate translation go for the NRSV. That's what serious scholars use and includes gender-neutral language when supported by the text. For example, it's "he" but refers to both men and women it would be "person".

However, I find the NIV is more readable and this is done on purpose. Just know you're getting this translation for readability rather than accuracy.

read the bible

these might help
youtube.com/watch?v=gkwLnvY9jVM

youtube.com/watch?v=VeKavDdRVIg

^I am clarifying a little bit.

For example, in the KJV, Romans 3:28 states "For we maintain that A MAN is justified by faith apart from works of the Law."

However, the NIV translates Romans 3:28 as "For we maintain that A PERSON is justified by faith apart from the works of the law."

You may be thinking: Why do they do this?
Although, it may not seem like much, the latter of the two is more accurate. The original Greek word in this verse, "anthropos," means "human being."
The minor translation difference makes the latter more accurate the and former less accurate.

It is important to note that publishers don't do this to be Political Correct, they just do it to be clear.

Yes, please. I'd love to. Here are some of my favorite bible videos.

Things that are in the bible that have been found:

Noah's ark: big as boat in armenia, near mount urarat that has the exact dimensions of the boat described in the bible and, get this, is full of fur and feces from all kind of different animals. So old its petrified (i think).

Sodom and Gomorrah: The location checks out, the structures on this shore of the red sea are geometrical (meaning obviously man-made) there is hella ash every where and a ridiculous amount of a certain kind of sulfur (brimstone) that only occurs in small amounts in volcanic eruptions just litter the entire ground. No natural explanation for this find but it is in keeping with if, say, fire and brimstone literally rained down from the sky onto this settlement.

Mount sinai: in Arabia, the top of this mountain is still freaking scorched black to this day, there are pillars that were mentioned being erected in the bib;e still standing, hebraic hieroglyphs painted on stone including a couple cows (with people dancing around it), and nearby a rock that was split in two (it is said moses struck the rock, against gods instructions, and it split in two and produced water.

Playlist of those things: youtube.com/watch?v=xFpvKKmTF7c&index=14&list=PLH2uhJ2RmgYWPI0MWW2dtZRzahOy4Ttfg

>jews - materialism focusing on currency and much other evil things
>muslims - material focused - followed false prophet - women are objects
>christianity - purity, humbleness (the concept of asking for forgiveness which no ego willingly embraces) treat others as you treat yourself, and faith

Also look at the world narrative that's going on and connect the dots. Things are crazy.