Americans against mass immigration, or any immigration at all to the USA...

Americans against mass immigration, or any immigration at all to the USA. what do you say to liberals when they try to shut you down by using the "Most Americans are immigrants to the country themselves?".

I was born here.

If you actually decide your views instead of inheriting them then you will be able to argue them

Just going to bump this once. I'm not trying to start shit, it's just I don't know a lot on this topic and whenever you hear someone speaking out against immigration, there's always someone there to shut them down by basically saying that Americans should feel empathy for immigrants because many were immigrants themselves. That since we were allowed to come here for a chance to make a better life, that everyone and everyone should be allowed to do the same. I know this is all very public high school level teachings but that's honestly all I've been told about it.

Prior to the 1960s, immigration was tightly controlled. Western Europeans were prioritized over all other countries of origin. Strict quotas limited immigrants from incompatible cultures, so it's not like America just let in anyone willy-nilly.

A lot of pro immigrant leftist types will argue America is magic soil. So if you swap the populations of the US and Africa the Africans will have the same result and that all people are exactly the same.

And look how well that turned out for the Native Americans

Yeah, I gotcha. I wasn't looking for a retort really, just facts. I was under the assumption that past immigration waves were heavily vetted and even that a number of Europeans were actually brought in as indentured servants. I've tried to argue in the sense that these immigrants were also more likely to assimilate, versus the current wave of foreigners who hole up in the private communities and want nothing to do with Americans in America. I just didn't like the fact that a lot of leftists used the OP argument like it was a "cased closed" situation and anything else is just a pot calling the kettle black.

>these immigrants were also more likely to assimilate
Then you get the argument about "what does a American look and act like." I would say most definatly white people. Everyone needs to fucking act like white people.

there was zero welfare and our economy needed labor. and no one is against some immigration from people who can contribute something to our country, we just don't want millions of low IQ third worlders that hate our culture, or people who come here illegally.

Pre-1950s
>Christian immigrants encouraged
>Capped at 2% of existing nationals from 1890 census per year per country of origin
>Craftsman/artisans encouraged
>Literacy tests
What was wrong with this?

Nothing. It just seems that when it comes to arguing in that manner makes you come off like some sort of sadist to lefties. That caring for your own kind is worse than caring for outsiders. This comes are no surprise to anyone but 99% of their arguments are based on emotion rather than truths or fact. I think they've just been indoctrinated into thinking they always have to be the savior of "the underdog" rather than the savior of their own wellbeing. By this point though, all I'm doing is beating a dead horse.

Maybe if the subhuman indians had built a wall they could have kept out all the anglos

Yeah that's a whole other ballpark of fun. I'm not sure if there's anything more to say about them other than that they got fucked in the end. Now their whole culture is a mockery. I don't know whether I should feel bad or not desu.

They were white.

Let me tell you a story about Gramps 1 & 2

#1 was an ethnic German fucked over in the Ukraine by both collectivization and Holodomor; when finally rescued by the Nazis, his brothers were conscripted and after the war would never discuss what they did [he himself was too young]. When his family finally came to Canada they were ridiculed as refugees, but they fucking got over it and succeeded.

#2 came over from Europe earlier, was a badass lumberjack, fought on the allied side like a real Canuck, and made a family when he got back.

Point is, they came over and fucking integrated, they didn't have fucking welfare all their lives, and they learned to speak fucking English and fit right in. If we can get more immigrants of this quality today, YES PLEASE LET THEM IN.

(and me? well, i spend all day posting on a korean leather tanning forum)

Honestly, this pretty much sums it all up for me. So I'm done now.

Even if that's true, it doesn't matter. Past immigration doesn't have any bearing on how we should handle immigration now, especially when the immigrants come from violent, incompatible cultures.

The laws allow those in current residence to decide the fate & direction of the country.
Also works for the "We've always been a country of immigrants!"
>we don't have to be; we can change that at any time.

And as a thank you I get treated like shit by too many of this shitskins' kids, ergo I want zero non-white immigration into this country. The few ruined it for the many. We'll make exceptions for critical roles or exceptional achievement but other than that, zero non-whites.
Your kids wore out your relatives' welcome.

The Indians were the SJWs of their time. They were all about hugging trees and being one with nature and shit instead of killing the anglos when they invaded.

Hehe though regardless they didn't have a chance due to their shit immune systems. Fail!

You say that just because something was okay in the past doesnt make it okay now. What are you pro slavery too? fucking racist. HEY EVERYONE THIS GUYS A NAZI! PUNCH A NAZI!!!