Reminder that the green areas aren't actually Canada

Reminder that the green areas aren't actually Canada.

Reminder that the green areas are where the word "Canada" and "Canadian" come from.

but they have teh atlantic ocean we would need to take the nw passage from them

Reminder Canada is from the natives language, not frenchies

Get your own ocean, faggots

Fucking bump, Canada est FRANÇAS

I'm there, what's the deal buddy?

Et pourtant, les Anglophones du temps t'auraient tué si tu les appelais "Canadien". :^)

Sometimes when I see a thread where leafs gather, I dream of a virtual rake. Alas!

We prepare.

>A FUCKING NON-COUNTRY

Ton pays est quasiment identique à la notre avec l'exception d'être encore moins pertinent.

That's CHOWDA frenchie!

>Implying I have a French accent when speaking English
What kind of PLEBEIAN do you take me for?

Le francais est reserve pour le coon parte de nuestor pays. Je dois laver la guele chaque fois je utulise cette primitive facon de communication. Disgustinque. C'est la route des feuilles.

You fucking pleb, confederation was done in Charlottetown in PEI....one of the provinces in your little map.

The birth of the country happened in a place you claim is not part of Canada. Were you born from a mans asshole or something?

What do you bet he's from Ottawa? They forget the Maritime provinces exist half the time.

Ça doit être pour ça que toutes les BD et armes à feu Belges de qualité viennent de la Wallonie. :^)

I'm gonna need a bigger rake.

Can Wallonia join French Canada and cirm a Commie Empire? Please take this filth off our backs.

How significant is the separatist movement there?

PEI is rightful Maritimer clay, as is Newfoundland.

Honestly, I think the Maritime provinces should join together into one larger province. It would be a lot harder for provinces like Quebec to bully you guys like that.

Guys what's the deal with New Foundland? Why did it take them so long to join Canada properly? Where they fully independent or just a territory and not a province. Why did they use their own stamps?

You're a fucking moron, I hope you have an exit bag ready to go. Just dont survive, I dont want my taxes spent to bring you back.

It was technically a seperate country, it was considered a dominion, but WW2 debt kind of forced it to join Canada.

They were a separate entity from Canada until they were forced to join for fiscal reasons during the great depression.

You see the cut up part on Québec's east coast? It was disputed land the newfies wanted and ended up getting by joining Canada

S'il te plait, je dois insister qu'en parlant de ces nègres vous exercez bien l'abstination a sympathiser. La seule chose qu'ils combattent, c'est le travail. Bien dégénéré! Maldition feuil de fesse.

Thank you Canuck anons, because of you today I learned something.

You Kiwis are alright.

No problem lol I just googled it desu. BTW you have a beautiful country, just got back from a trip there.

>he thinks we want to be apart of (((Canada)))

Hey seeing as though answered my question, can I ask another. Can you explain are some provinces more red pilled then others? Like is BC more likely to vote conservative then PEI for instance? Are there liberal sjw provinces that will never vote Tory?

Why didn't you visit. Would've shared a beer/10

Don't be like that guy, hit me up if you come over.

Historically the maritimes was conservative but we sort of became a welfare state and now we vote liberal. It's not SJW like Toronto tho.

Yeah, certain provinces have historically voted certain ways. Going into detail would put this post way over the character limit (and the next few posts after that...), but the political landscape has been changing a LOT since the early-mid 2000's with our Conservative party on the cusp of electing the most libertarian candidate in Canadian history.

New Zealand is honestly one of only three Anglosphere nations I'd consider living in.

>being an Anglo cuck

> its complicated

Yeah that's what stops me digging deeper into Canadian politics. From an outsider perspective it looks a fucking confusing minefield or special interests

Typical leftist trick. See this the world over.

It's complicated and nothing is what they say they are.

The Liberals are authoritarian.
The New Democrats are neither new nor democratic.
The Conservatives are reformists.

We used to have a "Progressive Conservative Party", but it committed sudoku (Went from a majority to something like 4 seats in one election) and got absorbed by the Reform Party.
Meanwhile, the Liberals have been dealing with a massive internal power struggle between the English and French parts of the party (you'll notice it almost always alternates between an English and French leader), with Jean Chrétien sabotaging the party finances by changing the way fundraising works before he was kicked out of the party. After him, they just kept running lame duck after lame duck, basically handing the newly formed Conservative party a minority government in 2006 (Harper) at which point the Liberals plunged Canada into a series of elections on an almost yearly basis until everyone said "Fuck this" and gave the CPC a majority without Quebec (unprecedented) while the Bloc Québécois (a party whose only purpose was to protest the federal government) imploded, putting the NDP as official opposition for the first time in history. The election after that is when we got Trudeau as PM. The NDP lost their party leader to cancer and Harper stepped down, so both parties are currently electing new leaders. People are fucking pissed at the Trudeau government for breaking multiple campaign promises and it's going to be an absolute slaughter in 2019.

I should note that when I say the NDP lost their leader (Jack Layton) to cancer, this was actually before the last election. Since most of their gains were in Quebec, the party ended up running with the most unlikable asshole possible (Mulcair) who ran the party like they were the new Bloc Québécois (SMORT), so that combined with the cult following Layton had no longer leveragaeble, they imploded, handing seats to the LPC (and thereby a majority).

Excellent reads. Fucking ace, thank you. Actually clears things up a little. Brain is slightly less foggy

I've wondered how 2019 will go. On pol everyone says Trudeau will get arse raped but media here treat him as a god. I don't know who to believe. I've assumed (or hoped) the pendulum has swung too far over with him and he was due an arse whooping at the next general election.

Oh boy, quebec hate thread? I love these threads :D

The CPC has basically settled on Maxime Bernier (The other frontrunner stepped down just yesterday and endorsed Bernier), the aforementioned libertarian guy, who happens to be a broadly liked ideologically consistent Quebecer with good enough looks to snag away at least some of the retards who only vote on whoever gets their vaginal juices flowing the most (unfortunately this is actually a thing).

I haven't been paying too much attention to the NDP leadership race since I'm not very fond of them, but I'm hoping that they elect someone who can split the lefty vote and get us a comfy majority.

Reminder all the Americas are rightful Roman Catholic clay.

Im an islander currently living in NS ans im a firm believer we need to split the fuck off from the resr of this shithole country. We dont need canada and they dont need us. We need to get NFLD, NS, NB and PEI to join together into one atlantic country or something close to that kind of idea. Im a firm regionalist like good old joseph howe was during confederation era. Imo canada is too big and the local cultures are all too different and their interests are not the same as the interests of every other area in canada, therefor our current government is shit for us maritimers who could survive on our own if we tried. We have the resources. They just make us think we cant do it.

I think the need for separating from the country will be lessened in the 2020's. Getting rid of interprovincial trade barriers will allow for much broader market access for industries in the Maritimes. Decentralization of the government will also help a lot.

As an Albertan, I couldn't agree more

Our culture is different on the prairees, and the vast majority of the population lives in Ontario/Quebec. We send them equalization payments and taxes, and get nothing in return except contempt for being an oil province "ruining the planet"

Taxation without representation.

My point is we should be self sufficient and sustaining. I hate the idea of being ottawa's bitch when we dont need to be at all. Trudeau disgusts me and so do all the other candidates. Fuck them all honestly lol

Yep and as an islander i think the western provinces should also split into their own nation. Fuck ontario. And fuck quebec for good measure

SOON, user. SOON.

Absolutely, though you have to admit it's pretty ludicrous that we have free trade agreements with other countries but we still don't have free trade between provinces after 150 years.

Quebec succession literally when

I hope so, if we get 4 more years of Trudeau, I'm going to the USA and claiming refugee status

Plz
once the frogs do it i just hope it inspires the maritimes to do the same. We need to start a movement

Never. Quebec will only be independent if the entire union dissolves.

73% of Francophones polled in Quebec said that Quebec should remain in Canada.

quebec would lose a huge northern region the size of california full of natural resources to indigenous people who already occupy like 95% of it

Ooooh, Canada internal beef. Keep going.

Fuck you faggot

-T Newfie

>indigenous people
Have you ever run into a full-blown gas huffer? When I lived in Thunder Bay I actually caught one getting fumes from my Arctic Cat

>Reminder that the green areas aren't actually Canada.

Bullshit.

It's Toronto and Vancouver that isn't Canadian. Not Québec and the Maritimes.

kek

>Reminder that the green areas aren't actually Canada.

I thought that Canada was just a bunch of loose sharia controlled zones, with a sparse population of people who don't give a shit about it being cold as fuck all of the time.