Is marijuana degenerate?

Firstly, marijuana is not like tobacco which does not affect your thinking significantly. As everyone reacts differently to marijuana, the usual outcome for intake of the substance is changed behavior, feeling of euphoria and generally being unproductive. For example, it is dangerous to drive high but it is generally ok to smoke while driving.

Secondly as mentioned marijuana makes you unproductive. I have never seen someone become more productive because of it. Usually the end result is an annoying as fuck person who can't stop laughing and therefore can't shut the fuck up.

I'm for the legalisation and most importantly, taxation of it. But really, I find it more degenerate than alcohol or cigarettes.

youtube.com/watch?v=ABc8ciT5QLs

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T8owHqVfCsU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Firstly, just because it's euphoric doesn't mean it's degenerate. Secondly, not everyone is unproductive on weed, they just don't mind doing less.

not every marijuana user is a degenerate, but every degenerate is a marijuana user

>more degenerate than cigarettes
>more degenerate than cancersticks with no upsides whatsoever.

its the definition of degenerate

if marijuana isnt degenerate nothing is

fact is you just dont want to be considered degenerate but you are if you smoke weed

sorry

Not true, plenty of people who end up using progressively harder drugs sometimes end up viewing marijuana as a childish drug.

Is the same true for anything else? Anything that's also commonly used by the adult population?

FYI I enjoy writing music blazed. Not unproductive.

"degenerate" is the Sup Forums equivalent of mudslimes "haram". why do you guys hate freedom so much?

Stoner culture (created by Jews and nogs) is degenerate.
If that culture didn't exist in the first place, cannabis would not be considered degenerate as it is now.

nope

its pretty much mainly weed thats the first thing i think of when i think of degenerate

i would rather die than smoke weed one time because i believe in something

(not being degenerate with mind altering drugs)

its funny and cute actually how you guys just try to write it off and hide it as if its just a normal thing for the adult population and its not degenerate

cute

"Degenerate" is a term that's supposed to describe things that are an impediment to society.
Of course, now people are blowing it out of proportion and it has become little different from the feminist's "problematic" or a muslim's "haram".

from a personal point of view, yes it is pretty degenerate. But objectively it should be legalised because there are no differences between it and alcohol

in excess it is
if you lite up a joint on the weekend or after a long day at work and are generally an otherwise productive person then smoking a bit here and there is no big deal

what's with the ugly gook whores?

What is this obsession about being "productive"?

At a time in history where automation amplifies productivity without input from humans no less.

Stop being brainwashed by big corps and enjoy life a little.

Let me tell you a story.
I used to know a guy who started weed in his late teens. Knew him since my childhood. He always spouted this typical junkie nonsense;
>Weed is fine, man. It's natural and has various health benefits.The government is against weed, so they distribute false information about it's health dangers.Everyone I know who got a psychosis did other drugs as well, not just weed, so that's why i know it's BS"

And I trusted his opinion over what I perceived as government propaganda. Over the coming years his mental health became worse. He became an obvious addict. Claimed it is as important as air for him. He started to become more paranoid and spouted some nonsense. Nothing extreme. Probably less weird than some of the garbage you read here. But enough to make you go... "eh... that's crazy talk".
Got himself in trouble with the police multiple times. And eventually... they wanted to put him in jail. He came to me and wanted to ditch some stuff like his PC. So he could get the caution together. And in my stupid ignorance I went like: "I'll help you out; just pay me back."

Giving a druggie money, was obviously a stupid thing to do. Even most of my friends agreed on that. I only did it, because I knew this guy since we were both children. I said to him that our friendship depends on it for him to pay me back. Long story short; I lost my money, he also kept some games for my N64 I borrowed him, and he it was impossible to reach him after this.

>Is marijuana degenerate?
It is. /thread

>Marijuana is not like tobacco which does not affect your thinking significantly

Try being addicted to nicotine. Marijuana addiction is way more tame than that.

Who cares?It's nonsensical to be against weed whether you think it's degenerate or not. Don't do it if you don't like it.
The only thing criminalization achieves is handing potential tax revenue unfiltered into the hands of criminals. Not to mention it runs drug cartels which drives things like illegal immigration & even more crime.
If anything should qualify as degenerate it's wanting to continue the pointless war on drugs at great cost to everyone while achieving absolutely nothing.

alcohol - it's literally poison - drink too much, die

it leaves your mind an empty shell to allow the jews in

it's named after some degenerate arabian demon

youtube.com/watch?v=T8owHqVfCsU

yep, one of the way the 1000 English children was raped by the paki immigrants was because they had the heroin and drugs for them. People against making a state monopoly on this stuff, is basically to blame for such things. its so obvious now that they have no excuses

Yes, most drugs are degenerate actually. Their purpose is to make the populace unaware and compliant, just like the whole entertainment industry.

Not in my experience. Weed junkies spend way more on it than your average smoker

>degenerate
anything that's not food and water is

ITT people who don't know why marihuana became criminalized in the 30s.
It was anti-mexican legislation, most scientists and doctors agreed it was harmless. If you belive weed in itself is bad you're believing jew lies.

>it's ok to be a waste of life as long as you're not hurting anyone else xD

literally degenerate.

Toker here

I only smoke at night and that's usually on Friday or Saturdays, sometimes with friends.

It can make you lethargic depending on the type of strain you smoke. But there is nothing wrong with marijuana.

>Implying that cigarettes are safer yet lead to more deaths every year.

>Implying your antidotal evdicence is how everyone acts while high.

At this point, it'll be faster to list things that Sup Forums doesn't find degenerate.

Way more, yes, but nicotine generates much stronger dependence, which is what he most likely was talking about

Recreationally it's fucking dumb. I drink a beer every now and then just because i quench the flavor and it doesn't even get me tipsy. I can't smoke a joint unless i smoke tons of it to become tolerant of the THC level. Shit's stupid. The medical use is fine. I think they need to work more on the oils and patches cause smoking is disgusting.

Degenerate:
"having fallen below a normal or desirable level, especially in physical or moral qualities; deteriorated; degraded"

You can call anything "degenerate" that doesn't adhere to your shitty world view. It's a lot easier to not understand things and just lable it as such, huh?

I used to be completely addicted to weed so i will tell you.
-first of all, people who are stoned all day-everyday usually function normally when high.
I would go to nation-wide debate conferences a couple hours after I smoked and debate in front of large crowds with ease.
If you smoke marijuana everyday for a significant amount of time, you will get addicted.
-If you smoke marijuana once in a while then there is absolutely nothing wrong with it.
Moderation is key, but remember when you are not a stoner you act retarded when you are high

So literally eating shit for sexual pleasure is less degenerate than smoking some dried plant?

Not any more degenerate than alcohol, in my opinion. Moderation is the most important factor.

Fuck you all saying weed is degenerate. I'm a Phd maths student and smoke weed after i've finished my work in the evenings and on weekends. I give blood, work hard and contribute to society.

What do you useless retards do?

Anyone who calls cannabis "degenerate" is just a pussy who can't handle being high.

"I'm too big of a pussy to not freak out on weed so everyone who smokes it is degenerate!!11 The guberment is always right!11"

That's literally how you people sound.

Why do you keep posting pics of this Korean actress in other threads?

Yes, you're a faggot.

And a degenerate yourself for being a faggot.

yes. it turns you into a liberal sjw. coke should be legal before fucking weed.

i can handle being high, just not being a weed smoking nigger.

You're trying to rationalize smoking weed. Get a job you fucking nigger

More like someone has an agenda to talk about Marijuana and degeneracy. Fuck off with this thread every day.

Doesnt wreck your liver like alcohol , doesnt make your nerves so tense like coffee does. Weed will make one think a bunch of shit which will make him a weirdo if one abuses it. Body gets drowsy thus unproductive. But its the best drug to do to relax ,out of alcohol , and one must really regulate and control his daily/weekly weed since weed is a big thief of ones time and sociability if hes not careful . These things are tools , depending on how they are used, different results are yielded

it's less harmful than alcohol, what else do you need to know?

I would not say smoking weed is degenerate, but being addicted to it is. Weed REALLY alters your perception to where you see the world on that subtle stage of perception that you always miss. You begin to perceive things that you NEVER perceived. Besides the mental effects...the pain relief, anti inflammatory, natural apostasy inducing action, neuron protective properties make it medical in nature. It's easy to see why so many people get addicted. It's virtually harmless. BUT with that said, the constant messing with brain chemicals such as dopamine, serotonin is not good for your mind. It can create imbalances and give you anxiety, or bring out any latent mental disorders, and imo this includes homosexuality and transgenderism lol. Once you keep smoking you become a weed dependent human who loses touch with reality and you start to become too much or an idealist and not pragmatic because you're just always high, always perceiving the world deeper than usual, and once you fall in love with that mental state, your brain won't be the same

TLDR smoking weed isn't degenerate but if you get addicted to it, it's degenerate

Notice the lack of even one shred of proof. Thats known as being "productive".

It's called moderation. If some duck stick wants to unwind once I awhile from smoking I see that as no different than having a drink from time to time. Smoking everyday is degenerate.

Why is pol so divided on this issue, weed aint bad its the user. An important factor to consider is self control, if no self control then anything the user does is degenerate.