Machines/improved efficiency has been taking jobs for centuries...

Machines/improved efficiency has been taking jobs for centuries. It's not new and it can not be stopped it's called progress and efficiency. If we want jobs continuous supply of jobs we need to think bigger and focus on expanding to other worlds.

That Picture was created by AI how to create a better car chassis and it look alien!! amazing!

13:20

youtube.com/watch?v=aR5N2Jl8k14

Other urls found in this thread:

cnbc.com/2017/04/27/kai-fu-lee-robots-will-replace-half-of-all-jobs.html
data.oecd.org/emp/hours-worked.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think that was made to ensure better crumble zones. But without focus on passenger health. That is just one big crumble zone, China style.

Or I'm wrong, and it's with passenger health in mind and it's a fuckton more stable then I'm thinking.

Anyway, more computer learning please. I love reading about all the jobs going away

> what is a fractal job market?

come on user, figure it out.
in 1830's (((they))) were saying we would be replaced by machines, hasn't happened yet.

guess what, its NEVER going to happen.

We won't be replaced, yet. That's some millennia of progress away. But machines, algorithms and robots will take over a great number of jobs in the coming decades.
Think 20-30% in all western countries.

Really good idea but I hate it when these cunts mention green energy meme

Why is it a meme?
Let's use Iraq as an example. Fill the deserts with windpower, solar panels, those mirrors that heat up water for steam and a hydroelectric plant at Mossul dam. Supplement with batteries at home and small gas powerplants running at minimum requirement at night, for the people who spend the power in their batteries or who don't have that.

You could probably use some more sources of hydro power too, they run all day and night.

Isn't this what we should be working towards? Clean air and environment?

>Think 20-30% in all western countries

wrong, in the next 10 years 50% of all jobs will be taken or more.

cnbc.com/2017/04/27/kai-fu-lee-robots-will-replace-half-of-all-jobs.html

and at the time "we" were farmers and factory workers, so they were right you fucking mongrel

I know, was trying to be nice to the little bong. Had I said that he would never have believed me.

Fun times ahead potato man, you can come live in our mountains if you bring Danish tits.

Automotive engineer reporting in.

That frame would make it impossible to implement all of the necessary features people love from their cars such as seats, windshields, and an engine.

Also, fuck off skynet immigrants stop taking my jobs.

The only good thing you mentioned is the gas powerplants, the rest aren't as effective as traditional methods

Maybe we should go nuclear.

I think a lot of these claims of such high percentages of jobs being displaced are pretty overblown. There are arguments for both sides but large percentages that appear in articles everyday from what I've read rest on the assumption that AI will surpass human levels rapidly, as well robotics being in such state of the art that they'll have near human like dexterity, there's also the lump of labour fallacy to keep in mind. I'd estimate that recent strides in machine learning will impact say 10% of jobs in the service sector and that manufacturing jobs will continue to go. I could see all this hype becoming a reality within a century though depending on how difficult simulating intelligence turns out to be.

Robotics engineer reporting in.

That is literally wrong. You could very well implement all of the necessary features. But it would be more difficult on such a chassis and the chassis it self would be much much harder to produce. With metal 3D printers or some super plastic then such a chassis and similar "AI" (it is really just FEM optimization) products would be feasible to actually produce

Yes they are, you just need more of them. Solar is now beating fossile fuels on cost pr KW so price isn't an issue. Space and location is.

its obviously not thinking about human interaction with the car chassis, where are the doors? where would you put one?

I mean the tide has been rising for a while now. The increase of automation, meaning better productivity, meaning less demand for hours of labour?
But then what? We've seen the explosion of the 'bullshit job' phenomenon. Increasingly more people are doing a job that no one would either notice or care if they didn't, because they're really not adding value overall.
And why should they? Why should people be working 40 hours a week, when the whole point of automation is improving the productivity to labour ratio.
But we fixate on 'your value is your labour' and force people to pursue work to be 'worthy'.
When the simple truth is this - most people aren't worth their paycheck. The whole system is a house of cards and automation is going to increasingly expose it as a fraud

This car was designed for high gravitational velocity. This is not a normal car to drive around in the city however AI would literally create something that could have doors. easy

Watch the video. It is meant for some buggy type racecar

I think Iraq could learn from Norway. Both of your countries have shitloads of oil but Norway is getting most (alot) of their energy from green energy such as hydroelectric power plants and can just sell all the oil to lesser countries and Norway is making crazy bank. Iraq could do the same but with solar energy instead of hydro (I think Qatar is doing this)

except the average person would not be able to repair any of those 'features' with any real kind of efficacy without their car looking like a sack of shit. Unless, of course, they have access to a (possibly multiple) hundred thousand dollar machine bay.

It's just like what has happened with the advent of 'onboard computers' where what once was a simple wiring harness that anyone could fix on their own, now requires a 10k computer system and more than a passing knowledge of computers just to fix your own damn car. Nevermind the hundreds of sensors that could possibly go wrong, fucking up your ride but good.

That's why I own a 1965 Ford F350 with crew cab. I can fix the entire damn thing myself, I don't need any 'specialized tools', and I can find, or machine the parts I need without being a damn engineer (I happen to be an engineer, but that's besides the point). If Shit hit the fan, and the infrastructure went to shit, I know I could keep my girl running. Can't say the same about your bullshit, ai created, bug car though.

There were economists in the past such as keynes that predicted 15 hour work weeks for the times we live in now, yet here we are now. I mean it's human nature to keep progressing and so working in whatever economic system that falls under. There's also the titanic inertia of the system and the powers that be that would likely stand in opposition if AI truly does come quickly. This is all speculation though, there will be jobs that we can't predict now that will be created, not to mention the potential of genetic engineering that would allow for optimising future generations and selecting for intelligence, which they will need to compete in the future job markets. This is the likely outcome I've come to when thinking about all this whether I like it or not.

Getting cucked by a planet.. how pathetic.

It's our jobs to create sentient, kawaii machines and have them replace us

The final legacy of any parent is the ability of its children to exceed them

To be fair, many people I know do work 15 hours a week (young people in a liberal paradise). The trouble is they spend half their income on rent and the rest on luxuries. No savings.

What's the latest car without all that bullshit that's actually available in Europe?

Probably a skoda CYKA BLYAT!

data.oecd.org/emp/hours-worked.htm I think it's important to remember the aggregate an the data suggests that we are not there, yet at least, and I think it's up in the air really. People with less skill sets will either have to wise up with what money they get or hope that universal basic income becomes a thing. I doubt they will.

yeah, your results can only be as good as your objective function you're minimizing on. and if your're trying to optimize on several objectives (did you think to service the damn thing once it's built?), the computation power required to solve the problem in realistic time becomes stupid. and that's not even getting into the other issues of optimization algorithms like getting stuck in local minima, e.g.

You don't seem to understand, the technology isn't there yet. They're just being showy, and you really don't want that kind of technology anyways.

Because it's ran by the Kike, and they're using it for their own agenda and own ends. I mean look at what they propose.

Human bodies, they're smelly weak and require alot of maintenance-

So get this brand new mechanical body and leave your weak old flesh behind.

Humans they cannot compete with machines (even though we built those machines). Their capacity for thought is slower, their muscles weaker. So get these new mechanical bodies instead.

What fundamentally happens is that, we lose more of our humanity and more of our control. They want us to be "MACHINES", because machines do what they're told. Stop falling for this trans-humanism garbage, these people are just new-age snake-oil salesmen.

They are trying to create a cultural movement by eroding away your identity by telling you the grass is greener on the other side. But we all know how that plays out. Humanity was never meant to be supplanted by his own scientific advancements, he was meant to wield technology for his own benefit.

this

Not really true, we produce enough renewable energy to power the whole country with it. But renewable energy sounds good, so we sell it to other countries with a big markup and buy cheap as fuck dirty energy back to use here... We aren't the most ethical country around, but we sure do like looking like we are.

Enjoy your future flatland, you have nowhere to hide when the water rises and the immigrants chimp out.

What? More and more jobs are replaced by machines every year. Technology is one of the principle drivers behind why productivity continues to skyrocket but wages don't.

Not surprised trumpcucks cant figure this out though, since they basically behave like niggers on this front. "GIB ME DATS" right Sup Forums?

AD VICTORIAM