Millennial women are 'worried,' 'ashamed' of out-earning boyfriends and husbands

It's no longer rare for women in relationships to out-earn their husbands or boyfriends — in 2015, for example, 38 percent of American wives made more money than their husbands — but many women remain ambivalent about being breadwinners, reports Ashley C. Ford for Refinery29.

Men should be earning more so that they can provide for their families, and if they don't, it's symptomatic of a problem. These messages produce an "almost unavoidable emotional and psychological consequence," Ford writes. Women feel guilty. Men feel emasculated.

The University of Chicago found that a wife making even $5,000 a year more than her husband was associated with a greater risk of divorce.

Ford writes that "the overwhelming majority of millennial women breadwinners don't believe the men in their lives should feel emasculated by the gap in their income." Now they're waiting for the overwhelming majority of Americans in general to catch up.

>cnbc.com/2017/04/18/millennial-women-worry-about-out-earning-boyfriends-and-husbands.html

What went wrong Sup Forums? Was letting women work a mistake or are men today weaker than women?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_average_human_height_worldwide
youtube.com/watch?v=c5OnPJoZG8A
youtube.com/watch?v=oXWgJSpvbic
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Women these days will pay for my food and suck my dick
What a time to be a chad

keep on dreaming

>Be me
>Make way more than my girlfriend
>She recently took issue that she's concerned I'd "leave her behind"

Moral of the story, you can't satisfy modern women, they're all neurotic pieces of shit that project their insecurities on you so they never have to internalize it.

Stay mad, manlet

I want to punch that cunt in the face very hard.

I'm not a manlet, just autistic

>Spanish
>Not a manlet

but 70% remember?

not enough, too much, wtf do you want?

>it's (((culture))) making women hate more than men
Sure, it's not hundreds of millions of years of evolution

One set of neuroses makes a woman beg to suck your dick, cheat on her bf, cuck her husband, and do whatever she can to please you. The opposite is normal.

Women: "We need to break all of these stereotypes created by the patriarchy"
Men "Okay, you can be the breadwinner in the family."
Women: "NOOOOOOO. That's not right! You have to be the breadwinner! Now I feel guilty! I want a divorce!"

Women are fucking insane.

>Moral of the story, you can't satisfy modern women, they're all neurotic pieces of shit that project their insecurities on you so they never have to internalize it.

/thread

Anyone here actually have a gf or wife who makes more than you?

kek you're talking shit as if we were some pygmees
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_average_human_height_worldwide
got the same average height you inbreed chav

Even worse, western society protects them and allows them be as insane as they want and do WHATEVER they want and even places like Sup Forums will see nothing wrong with it.

>asks women what worries them
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?
WHY?

>Work for a Law Office as their IT guy
>I would say almost 100% of their clients are women that file for divorce
>Every last one of them make more money than their husbands
>Husband gets laid off is one of the major triggers for divorce (NO way am I letting him live off me!)
>Realize that women have contempt for any man that makes less than they do.
>So even if you start off as the major bread winner the moment you get laid off or she makes equal or more she is going to leave you.

This is the world today and most guys haven't realized it yet.

One last thing. Social Media and the ability of women and shitskins all over the world has destroyed Western Civilization. When computers were just the domain of the White Male (with a few women and others) it was great. The few blacks or others that used the internet or played games with you were nerds just like you. Now it is thug culture and everything shitty.

If North Korea detonates an EMP over USA so many faggots are going to just crawl up and die because they can't get online.

Enjoy the good life! At least someone is taking advantage of it while Western Civilization gets flushed down the toilet

What do they expect?

I think this is because women work for the government whereas men work in the private sphere.

>Women earn more
>Still expected to buy them dinner on dates

What the fuck mate.

how come filter doesnt work?

No you aren't. British females are taller than you manlets

>women are making more than men, in greater number, for the first time in history
>much wage gap!

Can't have it both ways, cunts.

They wanted this, why are they worried?

nice alternative facts you got there

Lol I don't give a fuck. Give me a son and I'll raise the little bastard that's all I really care about

to clarify - thread still showed up even tho it matches filter for millennial in OP

Probably correct.

> Women are fucking insane.
Women function on relativity. Without it, they don't have any bearings. This is why they shit test. This is why they destroy instead of build. This is why they will beg for harmful shit.. They are incapable of realizing it unless they are subjected to it. This is why they can't reside on top or be an ultimate expression. They'll always need something to place them relatively.

Isn't this what feminists want in the first place? Earn the same or more than men?

nvm, forgot the check mark

Yeah, you're right. I was looking up the wrong thing

Who cares.
TGIF!

I've worked with many women that make a lot or a decent amount of money while their boyfriends/husbands are unemployed, have no degree, are drummers, etc. It's not pretty common these days.

yet the woman will never pay for your meal that was my point

I'm a stay at home dad because my wife's job pays more and she has shit loads of loans.

>wage gap
>wage gap
>wage gap

Why can't I get a man that earns more than me?

> Asks for everything a man has
> Gets it and then some
> Acts like a total degenerate nigger who doesn't feel compelled to uphold the responsibilities that go along with it.

Take care of someone because I make so much money? Hell no ..
> Chad comes along who has more power/control/influence because he's an amoral degenerate
> Fucks chad
> Dumps hardworking husband and kids

They claim they have a higher emotional IQ yet they don't even understand the basic emotion and pride that comes from taking care of someone who is loving and caring.

Oh, yea in a typical date, sure. But these working professional women pay for almost everything for their guy. Clothes, food, rent, car, etc.

fug that would be kinda depresing for me

> while their boyfriends/husbands are unemployed, have no degree, are drummers, etc

Yes, well-to-do women will take care of and be supporting of amoral chads. They won't do the same for hardworking and moral husbands.

I think you're missing the point here. It's funny because this is the same degenerate nigger shit that plagued the black communities and resulted in its downfall. Now it's become the American standard.

Never ever make less than your wife.

Personally met two women who are looking for "house husbands".

"Hard times create strong men.
Strong men create good times.
Good times create weak men.
Weak men create hard times."

Guess which stage we're at on that.

They typically do this for (((chad))) husbands.
If you care for me to elaborate on the psychology as to why this tends exclusive to be exclusive to chads, I will.

It's not the women who should be ashamed
It's the men

This cycle of suffering wasn't meant to go on forever....
Were at the stage and point in human history where we have enough technology and information to know better. If we don't start doing better, there are more ultimate consequences.

Yea, it's like women will drain anything they can out of a man no matter his financial or economic status (money, motivation to do better for himself, etc.).

It's hard to be motivated when everything feels so pointless.

I live for the hope that soon the race war will come.

>If you care for me to elaborate on the psychology as to why this tends exclusive to be exclusive to chads, I will

Go ahead.

>The University of Chicago found that a wife making even $5,000 a year more than her husband was associated with a greater risk of divorce.
It's called hypergamy and it's in the genes.

youtube.com/watch?v=c5OnPJoZG8A

More like i want a divorce and also pay for the 2 kids until they leave the house

but would a race war motivate you to do anything or just sit and giggle s you red about it on the computer? Problem is the internet has killed motivation to make people act.

Im a software engineer, no college
Make 140k/yr at age 23
My gf some type of doctor makes almost 100k/year at age 24, n she has 60k debt

Me no debt

I tried joking about it once n she got pissed the fuck the off ...lol

Does this mean the 78 cents to the dollar meme is over?

I have. They lose all respect for you. No such thing as a sugar momma unless you actually take advantage of her the same way a woman does. Women believe it is their birthright to get married and never do anything hard again.

Degenerate men created and forced this deplorable social construct. It is enforced by law and offenses are punishable. Indeed, such men should be ashamed. However, throughout their consistent immoral sociopathic practices, they became immune to such realizations.

Degenerate women played a more ultimate role and revealed a more ultimate truth about their nature.

In a weird way, this is good for all have no come to see the ultimate results and aims of such degeneracy. It is no longer a speculated written truth but an observable reality.

thanks to the pervasiveness of contraceptives and abortions women now destroy the children of alpha men, when they slut it up, and have them with the weaker men they marry

One of my friends is a microbiologist at the CDC. She married a guy who works at a doggie daycare. They seem happy. She's not ugly but did plump up after the engagement.

women don't function on a hierarchy of principles like men
once they have children, you will always be second

Any man who gives a woman control in their relationship is an idiot. Finances are a huge part of that.

This was not the initiative of women. They're just doing what government and agenda tells to them.
Who gives a shit about your "ashamed". There is no motivation to be a winner, so your "you looser" care nobody

What's with all the man hate and misandry?
Maybe women are cancer, has that dawned on any of you?

>be me
>"""raised""" by a disabled single mother in abject poverty
>become self-taught computerfag
>constantly getting job offers for $300k+ due to my skill level in c
>turn them all down because I don't care
>instead do odd jobs under the table
>do carpentry and stuff I actually enjoy
>still save a good amount of money because my expenses are practically zero
>pretty happy, to be honest, relatives
It was pretty clear to me at a young age that the system was largely to my detriment, so I have no intention of contributing to it. It'll eventually collapse and meritocracy will return. I'd rather play 3 rounds of Polish roulette than spend my life, my health and my sanity slaving away for diminishing returns, just to prop-up degenerate baby-boomers who shirked their social duties while simultaneously erecting a welfare state, minorities who can't produce more than they consume, and the system of wealth redistribution that robs white men to subsidize single mothers, the unproductive, the indolent, and to line the coffers of NGOs and political slush funds.

I'd love to have a wife, and children, and grandchildren -- and to plan for a long life with a responsible arc to it wherein I contribute to a greater society and leave behind a world better than I found -- but that's simply not possible within our system, leftists have made sure of it.

I had a cougar buy me lunch when she was trying to get me into her pants.

By "job" and "work" they mean the thousands of superfluous office jobs that have been created in western service based economies. If we were actually still building and manufacturing shit rather than watching what our fathers built crumble to dust, we wouldn't have this problem.

High earning women don't worry about money, so they look for "love" which is basically any Chad they can find. Usually, women with no job prospect will look for a guy who earns money and then looks etc. If you take away the money concern, they look for any attractive guy.

People with a stable job don't give a shit how much the other person makes. Men who have jobs usually look for women based on looks and personality. They don't care if she's unemployed most of the time.

Did this really need to be explained to you?

>Was letting women work a mistake or are men today weaker than women?
This is some Asian-style thinking.

So what?
As long as the guy is also earning money, he doesn't have to get into "asking wife" over moderate-big purchases. All the while, major purchases or bills will be co-op. It's a shit load better than you making all the money, your girl not making anything, and somehow the two of you get into that eventual argument of her spending all the money you earned.

Who cares what women think.

I hope women do make more than me because then if I marry one there's less potential for alimony right?

Do courts still order men to pay alimony even if they make less? If so that's real institutional sexism.

It's because chads serve as perfect short/medium term [outlet] for their hard work.

Women have no true desire nor gain any innate pleasure from taking care of a household or man financially. Chads thus provide them a perfect outlet for their labor until they find a true mate. No true mate Male provider gains anything from an unruly independent woman as a true provider has the financials covered. Having an unruly independent woman is contrary to their success.

So, meanwhile, such women seek out the 'bad boy' to entertain them. The bad boy maintains a Dark Triad :
> Narcissism: Tendencies of attention-seeking, charm, vanity, grandiose yet low self-esteem, and a willingness to manipulate others.

Machiavellianism: Coldness, immoral thinking, long-term manipulation, blunt practicality, and hunger for money, success or power.

Psychopathy: antisocial behaviours, thrill-seeking, manipulation and impulsivity.
----

Given that a woman's nature centers on aspects of this triad, she doesn't feel she's supporting a man .. she instead feels she's empowering an extension of herself.. a narcissistic psychopath.

As a result, this makes her feel empowered...
She brags to her friends about her bad boy. She revels in the drama he brings. She celebrates her ability to survive being treated like shit.

It's the reason why such women are so bold and unruly.. They've not only survived the labyrinth of a man's financial jungle but they've also survive chad daily.. They're literally subjecting themselves to harm to prove that they are relatively strong.

Well the real issue is smart men either find wives who live within the traditional family values (Rare as fuck nowadays) or they go around fucking women and don't have kids while using contraceptives to not get fucked in the court system by the biased laws against men in the family courts.

No, no man wants to pay alimony, and yes, women in the same profession as men get payed more.

Women bitched and whined their way to the top while cucks watched, supported, and allowed.
Not all men are this way, but the strong are few and far between the current generations that have been babied since birth that everyone has equal rights no matter what.
No.
The strongest, smartest, attractive, hardest-working, and most powerful win.
If you don't fall into those categories, you lose. It's a way of life, and live by the sword or die by it. Don't sit on Sup Forums bitching, go make yourself who you want to be.

if she has shit loads of loans why are you a stay at home dad?

Women are better at reading people and manipulating them. That doesn't mean they care more.

>unless you actually take advantage of her the same way a woman does.

Yep, inline with the comment I just made :

Fkn guy makes the point of the century.

Go for women poorer than you and let the "empowered" ladies become cat ladies.

>offered $300k due to skill level in c
lmao I have friends who work for Google with PhDs who don't earn this much. High skill level in one language would never earn you that much.

Delusional.

Is he a 'chad'?

Women are trouble but men should know better. Like not marrying a woman who makes more money than you.

this is why i will always have a anime waifu over a real gf

Was feminism the true redpill? All those sugar mamas out there waiting to pour money on you and slay them?

Marriage is primarily an economic system. Men historically married for 1) social status, 2) exclusive access to sex from a woman, 3) children, 4) a homekeeper. Women married for 1) social status, 2) children, 3) a secured source of income.

All of those incentives have been stripped away except sex for men and money for women. If a woman makes more than her husband, she has basically no reason to stay in the relationship. She is supporting HIM. It's just the same if a man isn't getting the sex he wants for whatever reason.

>Was letting women work a mistake or are men today weaker than women?

Both

the author of this paper also does not seem to understand that these 'norms' are put in place by female hypergamy that is biologically wired.

It's an odd sociological quirk that the middle class used to try hard to emulate the upper class. Now it has switched and the middle class tries to emulate the behavior of the lower class. It's starting to infect the upper class too, though to a lesser degree.

Not all woman are cancer, but these past 2 generations at LEAST. They have been programmed to be. Some ladies have taken the redpill, but it requires yourself to accept you are wrong. Which is something today's society doesn't teach.

i love capitalism, it's even going to solve the problem of maria

god bless america

>work at wendy's
>make 600k as burger technician
>constantly turn down 800k offers from burger king to be chicken fry actuary

Women don't function an on principles because they are incapable of maintaining them through force and subjecting others to them like men.

You're always second and a conduit to something a woman wants to get at... Whether it be a child, success, the next man, or level in life.

Contradicting your comment :
> once they have children, you will always be second
Having a child means nothing to a single mom chasing after a chad. She'll drop or neglect that runt the minute it conflicts with her desire to attract the next mistake.

I think the k part is a typo

Are you some sort of roastie?
Men should know better. They shouldn't marry at all. Merely talking to a woman and expecting something intelligent in return is enough to give a guy a brain tumor.

Howabout that gender wage gap eh?

Want a traditional marriage? Just insist on it.

Don't let your woman work outside the home.
Have many children.
Make her keep the house.
Don't let her associate with "modern" women.
Don't let her associate with men at all.

This women working or interacting in the public sphere business is simply nonsense.

I like how the piece pretends that it is men with the problem of them earning less.

youtube.com/watch?v=oXWgJSpvbic

Nah, I prefer a woman who helps pay the bills.

A friend of mine is buying a house with his gf. They're not married, she makes way more money than him, and she's only putting her name on the mortgage. I tried to warn him...

Working for Google/Microsoft/Amazon/etc isn't actually impressive, they're becoming more and more just H1B code monkeys putting out fires in legacy codebases they don't fully understand while piling on resources and burning cash to support poorly-written new code and pay off technical debt created by diversity hires. Most of the big software companies are in a slow death spiral, only propped up by marketing and insidious business practices.

Financial services and military contractors are where the real talent pool is.

>What went wrong Sup Forums? Was letting women work a mistake or are men today weaker than women?

It was a mistake and it was even worse giving them privileges like affirmative action.

I would never date a woman who earns more than me.

that is wonderfully put.

I tried it out a couple of times just to see what would happen. In every case, they let it go to their head... Lost their bearings. Lost interest. Lost respect and began a campaign of destruction and unbounded shit testing.

The funny thing is, after I did so and they literally destroyed the relationship I was told :
> You always tried to control me
> Tell me what to do
> Never let me do what I wanted
> Made me second guess myself
> Made me feel insecure

Literally, after being empowered and strengthened by standing on my shoulders, attempting to step all over my face on the next step up. It was really an incredible thing to witness.

Meanwhile, she'll probably tell the next guy how horrible she was treated.. etc.

Women are a piece of work. If you ever are in doubt about them, just give them control and empower them... Then sit back and watch them closely...