China creates huge genebank

>scmp.com/news/china/article/2021623/chinas-noahs-ark-first-national-gene-bank-opens-shenzhen
"China’s first national gene bank, claimed to be the largest of its kind in the world, officially opened on Thursday to store and carry out research on hundreds of millions of genetic samples.

The centre, dubbed China’s Noah’s Ark by mainland media, aims to collect 300 million genetic samples at its base in Shenzhen when all two phases are complete

Cao said it was in China’s national interest to have its own gene bank rather than storing samples in other countries. “Cooperation is the global trend but it is more secure to preserve data in China since the variations among the genomes from different races could be used in both good and evil ways,” Cao said."

Why doesn't any western country do this?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_Tao
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23andMe
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Come on Sup Forums, this is real news for once.

A real news thread on Sup Forums?

When will they begin producing the superchink?

Kek. Should have waited one more second.

bumping for you sweden

what are the chinese plan's with this? are they trying to create gigachink?

China has the largest bank?

It's true the genomes of specific races can be targeted to engineer a virus to wipe them out.

>muh ethics!

>since the variations among the genomes from different races could be used in both good and evil ways,” Cao said."

in other words, they don't want to see an aryan race get bred

There are all ready gene banks. I think the largest current one is in
Antarctica in case mass extinction happens so we have a chance to regrow foods that would die off.

They already have BGI which does leading edge research into the genetics of IQ, and many other private companies with their own projects.

One thing to remember is that their own bank seems to be closed to outsiders while the ones in the West are open to all. The Chinese will have an incredible edge compared to us.

>the genomes from different races could be used in both good and evil ways

But that's racist and we are all equal. Chinese science is so strange, why don't they have 2017 science yet? They should download an update ffs.

It's a genebank for human genomes.

If we wanted to create an aryan race nothing could stop us. We are still richer than China and could take the lead again. I don't think we will though.

Why? Because western contries are too busy being politicly correct and enabling trans gay pedos to have equal right as proffessors and scientists purely on the base that they are a miniority that has been discriminated and now we need to pay reprations by electing and helping them into positions of power so they can post laws and vote for sexual education in kindergardens and all the other degenerate shit.

underrated

Gene bank =/ Seed Bank

Just google NCBI and Genbank, it's not new at all.
The National Institute of Health of the United States has been running such databank for decades.

They will win the genetically engineered übermensch race, and we'll be fucked. Millions of blonde blue eyed 7' tall Norwegians will enter the US, and we'll realize they're actually chinese biobots only once they take us. Fuck you, America. Fuck you and your jewish daddy. Fuck you for supporting mongoloid Russia, fuck you for the civil rights movement, fuck you for all the degeneracy you've allowed. I fucking hate this country.

The Chinese are decendants of Ayyy Lmaos.
>Ancient civilization
>large heads
>language is in symbols or characters no alphabet like every other language.
>very good at math
>hive mindset

That's just for starters. I believe they are trying to find all the genes from the original alien overlords who they came thousands of years ago in an effort to reconstruct Nip Ayyy Lmao ledeux palt 2.
Prove me wlong

>protip: you cant.

The chinese genebank is for human genomes. It will be the biggest of it's kind when it gets done. The one in the US is much smaller.

>China since the variations among the genomes from different races could be used in both good and evil ways,
I'm curious, in what way can it be used for evil and good?

Ever seen Jurassic park? That but with gooks.

This summer
Rob Schneider
Is a 7' tall chinese
With IQ 230
And a 11" dick

You can make a virus that only targets certain ethnicities. An obvious application is that it simply kills the infected.

There also other more devious ways to use it. You know how pathogens can alter your behavior, like rabies cause you to bite people, herpes makes you more social, etc. When we know how they do it, it will be possible to make a pathogen that can make anyone do anything.

I hope china goes HAM with the research and cleanses africa, the middle east and the kikes.

>>large heads
Yes, pic related.
>very good at math
No. Han Chinese can learn things by rote, but haven't had an original idea in literally 1,000 years, and every single bit of the math they are supposedly "good at" was developed by white people. Any mathematicians the Chinese ever had died out at least a millennium ago.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terence_Tao

uh huh

The next tech race is already starting, its bio engineering and whoever can start producing and even has government mandated laws requiring genetically optimized children will have in one generation an unstoppable population

They won't, though. They want to kill whitey so bad they can taste it, since we've kicked their asses so many times that they now have a national inferiority complex, which is going to be heavily reinforced very soon, when we collectively smash their asses back out of the South China Sea.

We should just develop a pathogen that targets Han Chinese, and then the future will be a much more peaceful and un-polluted place. Han Chinese are born to be pig-farmers and rice-pickers, not "world leaders", lol.

>They won't, though. They want to kill whitey so bad they can taste it, since we've kicked their asses so many times that they now have a national inferiority complex, which is going to be heavily reinforced very soon, when we collectively smash their asses back out of the South China Sea.
Why would they attacks us and risk nuclear war? We are already killing ourselves anyway.

>We should just develop a pathogen that targets Han Chinese, and then the future will be a much more peaceful and un-polluted place. Han Chinese are born to be pig-farmers and rice-pickers, not "world leaders", lol.
IMO if we do not use this technology to become smarter then I'm happy that atleast Chinese will.

>finds one chink in 1,000 years with a original thought
>presents it as example of originality in the world's most numerous race

Fuck off, slope, you have no power here. You pathetic fuckheads can't even find 11 dudes with enough brains for a football team.

Perhaps they find the genes which made Western progress so much greater. That would be something.

t. canada chink

>Why would they attacks us
Why? Are you retarded? They hate our guts, that's why. Done subtly, it wouldn't even appear to be an attack. All of a sudden a bunch of white people would just "mysteriously" die of some "mysterious" pathogen.
>then I'm happy that atleast Chinese will.
Says the Swede. You people may have doomed yourself to erasure, but that doesn't mean the rest of us share your death wish.

>He still believes the west are years ahead of china

>Why? Are you retarded? They hate our guts, that's why. Done subtly, it wouldn't even appear to be an attack. All of a sudden a bunch of white people would just "mysteriously" die of some "mysterious" pathogen.
As is I think we could still find it.

>Says the Swede. You people may have doomed yourself to erasure, but that doesn't mean the rest of us share your death wish.
Part of the reason for why I created this thread is that I want the information about genetic engineering to become more well-known. And as I said in the OP: Why doesn't any western country do this? We have the money, the knowledge and the people, so why don't we do it? What this technology can do is incredible, everybody can have 200 IQ, be 6'4 tall, run 100m in under 9 seconds, have photographic memory, be creative, paint like Michaelangelo, etc. Only thing we need to do is to grab this opportunity before it's too late.

Yeah, pretty sure they've already found that gene, and that they want to study it in order to kill it.

Why kill it? I'd give to everyone.

Well now we know what they have been doing with all the samples they have been stealing.

>Stealing
We give them for free.

>Why doesn't any western country do this?

What the fuck do you think 23 and me is?

Ethics. I read a long time ago that China collected volunteered DNA from some of the world's smartest scientists in an attempt to figure out the genetic aspects of intelligence so that the government could provide god tier level family planning.

Think about it, what if you could guarantee that an entire generation of children will be intrinsically more intelligent than their parents? Nobody would say no to that, it unifies the country a bit more and it strengthens the whole.

>You apparently believe we aren't

Fuck off, dink. You people are so stunningly brainless as to be deserving of World Heritage status as a backwards culture only worthy of preservation for study.

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/23andMe
"23andMe is a privately held personal genomics and biotechnology company based in Mountain View, California.

As of June 2015, 23andMe has genotyped over 1,000,000 individuals.[28][29] FDA marketing restrictions reduced customer growth rates[30] but by 2017 they had tested 2,000,000 individuals"

There is no state-owned bank of similar size anywhere.

Kek

>There is no state-owned bank of similar size anywhere.

No publicly disclosed one, no.

Eugenics is still a no-no to westerners because of muh nazis.

underrated, kek

Like AIDS?

> I read a long time ago that China collected volunteered DNA from some of the world's smartest scientists in an attempt to figure out the genetic aspects of intelligence so that the government could provide god tier level family planning.
I think that was BGI.

>Think about it, what if you could guarantee that an entire generation of children will be intrinsically more intelligent than their parents? Nobody would say no to that, it unifies the country a bit more and it strengthens the whole.
I agree that it a great thing to do, but people in the West are generally against genetic engineering unless it's for medical reasons. Like curing Downs, or Huntingtons.

You might (especially being Swedish and therefore inherently a moron), and any normal person would want to share, but Chinese do not think like you and me, mon ami, not even a little bit. They are not we, not by a long fucking shot.

Nah, I am talking about a specific thing that has been going on for at least the last decade. Go ask a biologist in any field, from agriculture to zoology about collecting samples in China. China is always happy to help at first. They let you in and give you guides and permission to go and catalog things. Then when you try to leave they "misplace" or "Quarantine" all the samples you've spend months gathering. Happens to everyone who tries to do any research in China.

>tfw by the time it is okay it'll be used to genocide white poeple
welp

>China is always happy to help at first. They let you in and give you guides and permission to go and catalog things. Then when you try to leave they "misplace" or "Quarantine" all the samples you've spend months gathering. Happens to everyone who tries to do any research in China.
I did not know this. Not surprising considering other stuff I've heard about.

I think public perception will change as soon as it's proven to work. China doesn't seem to give a shit about ethics and because of that could evolve their gene engineering tech sooner than expected.

>I think public perception will change as soon as it's proven to work.
I agree and I hope it's true.

>China doesn't seem to give a shit about ethics and because of that could evolve their gene engineering tech sooner than expected.
Yep.

The best documented case of it I know of is in the book "The Viking in the Wheat Field: A Scientist's Struggle to Preserve the World's Harvest". Interesting read if you are into biodiversity, genetics, and learning about how the food system of our world works.

I've made threads before about why we should create massive national genetic databanks with everybody's genetic information to allow for the data and metadata to be analyzed so that we could see massive advancements made in genetics, data science, medicine, etc.

I will try to keep the tone low here, but mainland Chinese (not so much Hong Kongers and Taiwanese, but still, keep your eyes open) are most realistically accepted as just being liars and thieves, primarily because that's exactly what they are. Don't ever kid yourself, mate, if you ever make a "New Chinese Friend™, keep a close fucking eye on your wallet, and watch for any form of spying..

This right here.

Nah, they'll be 7' slanty eyed swoll gooks.

Correct.

The end goal is complete homogenization.

lmao when hong kong was begging not to go back

like an abused child being returned to her alcoholic father

We are. Communism ruined China and made it dependent on the USA, potentially forever. That's just a plain and simple fact.

You could probably make a case for SK or Japan being ahead, but sure as fuck not China.

Depressingly... 6 of the 10 largest, including #1

>>I think public perception will change as soon as it's proven to work.
Oh, I'm pretty sure that it's going to be proven to work, and no worries. It may be too little, too late when it happens, but it is going to happen. Hopefully you have the DNA to survive the pathogen; otherwise, sayonara, senpai. :-)

That's a pretty horrifying but very accurate analogy.