Be Elon Musk

>Be Elon Musk
>sell electric cars
>make tunnels in which cars with internal combustion engines can't enter.
>profit.
>plus he could charge for the usage of his tunnels.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u5V_VzRrSBI
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Dig
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=u5V_VzRrSBI

he's going to get everyone behind this and hill be the richest man in america in a decade

they won't survive the backlash

>elon musk and tesla executives found not-myteriously dead, each with their hearts removed in what was clearly suicide

What happens when one of the sleds breaks down and you're stuck in a 10 mile long tunnel?

I'd be happy if he simply made underground tunneling cheap enough that all utilities and deliveries became subterranean.

you're kind of an idiot if you think this proposal is serious

there's already an existing infrastructure for mass transit called the highway
you would adapt that
you don't have to fucking bore tunnels underground which is needlessly expensive and dangerous

it'd be a shame if there were an earthquake

Yes this doesn't trigger my claustrophobia at all...

I want a car to go into the tunnel and another random car to keep driving and fall into the hole.

We can't even modernize our trains, how can they afford to build an entire subterranean network?

They can't and they won't. anyone who says otherwise is an autismo supremo

you have NO fucking idea how expensive it is to build a mile of that tunnel underground

it will cost trillions to get done correctly

you have legs, dont you? it's called Tron

Elon Musk is like the entire dot-com bubble made manifest in the flesh.

>*ding ding ding*

>people don't understand this is just a concept video

He is doing a fact finding mission by building tunnels under the land he owns in Cali. After which he will be able to reassess and figure out what is and isn't feasible. The video is just an idealized end goal.

As several Anons have pointed out, digging big industrial tunnels is extremely expensive and time consuming. Which is why he wants to see if this issue is even able to be surmounted in an economically feasible way.

Ultimately there is no real loss here for anyone.

Consider the outcomes.

Either he decides that construction of massive, tunnel based road systems is practical. And we suddenly get another way to travel long distances.

Or he decides this isn't feasible, but in the process of doing the experimental digging he's conducting, a couple of white papers get published that might help the tunneling industry on the whole.

Or, there isn't anything practical to be learned he just makes an underground network of tunnels connecting his different buildings in Fremont.

I am not seeing a problem here.

It isn't like he's saying, "We should start building turbojet powered zeppelins and use them for mass transport."

This just puts the car on a sled.
What's the point of having a car if you aren't driving it?
90% of the enjoyment of a car is going 120mph down a 40mph road at 3 in the morning with no seatbelt, all the windows down and your headlights turned off.

can you imagine the memes when elon musk wife gets a divorce and then the billion dollars alimony kicks in

>just musk my shit up

Funny given that's where he got his start from.. Literally selling a digital yellow page website for ridiculous dot.com cash. Literally becoming rich by reinventing and re-marking things :
> Yellow pages
> digital currency
> NASA
> Electric cars
> solar energy
> now tunnel systems for transport?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Dig

I guess he's prepping for the silly cash that king cheeto is about to start handing out for 'infrastructure' projects.

He isn't married, and that isn't how it works.

How much do you actually think Heard got from Depp? Don't google it. Just try and guess.

Remember, she claimed he beat her and there was pictures to corroborate this claim. It doesn't matter if you think it actually happened or not, what matters is that this was accepted as the truth in the civil court where their divorce was taking place.

So with this in mind, how much do you believe she got? Better yet, if you don't know how much Depp is worth - just throw out a percentage. I can't expect you to know how much money he is/isn't worth, but you could probably try and take a stab at how much of his total wealth she was able to get from him.

If you're wondering why I am asking you to do this, it's because of a point I am going to make after you give me a percent.

Of course it's not economically feasible, tunnels are expensive as fuck to build and maintain.

Car elevators in the street. That's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. They didn't show any elevator doors for the street. That means anyone can fall in.

i dont know what youre meming about right now

but i just wanna see the JUST general threads when elon musket loses 6 billion and tesla goes bankrupt

km/?? I had to stop there.

You realize the States DOD has to approve any such tunnel.

Which there's zero chance of.

Zip2 was a combo of Yelp, the Yellow Pages, and Map Quest. It was pretty advanced for its time.

X.com was created because Musk figured out how to make a shitload of money off manipulating currency, but no one was willing to do it. He was going to become a banker around this time. However, as the internet continued to become ever more popular and no bank was willing to act on his plan, he decided that he'd make his own bank - online. Unfortunately Thiel came up with PayPal and started to act, not in the capacity of a bank, but merely an intermediary for transactions. Which is what X.com also did, and it eventually forced the merger, and then killed off the whole digital bank thing. Which sucks because Musk was actually toying with crypto-currency ideas way before Bitcoin.

NASA? He didn't invent NASA, but if you mean SpaceX. Okay. SpaceX was founded as a cheap way to get rockets into space. This was the entire basis of the Falcon 1. Problematically, they couldn't find enough people who needed a launch vehicle of that size. The market simply didn't exist as they thought it did, which forced them into changing the Falcon 1 into the Falcon 9 and becoming company focused on launching medium payloads into all orbits, and heavy payloads into LEO. Then they expanded this into the FH.

Electric Cars is actually why Musk went to Yale. He was going to go work on a double degree in Physics and Engineering because he liked supercapacitors. However, his brother convinced him to drop out and start Zip2 with him.

Solar Energy wasn't his idea, it was his two cousin's. He just recognized there was a lot of converging elements between the battery tech for the cars, and the solar energy market.

Then he helped found OpenAI after talking to a few ex-Google employees and Nick Bostrom. And he bank rolls them accordingly. This is his second biggest concern, next to getting people to Mars. The Mars dream stretches all the way back to when he sold Zip2.

You are the one memeing.

JUST doesn't happen to people like Elon with women. I want to point out to you, he has already been divorced three times. And it hasn't impacted his wealth in any meaningful way.

As for Heard, who had a domestic abuse case against Depp, she got less than 20% of his total wealth. That translated into roughly 7 million dollars. The only way you can squeeze a billionaire for any truly large percentage of their wealth is if they really fuck up. Like they kill their spouse, and the family sues, or the wife isn't independently wealthy, or they've been together for decades and have kids. That's the only way this can occur.

By the time Heard could even try and JUST Elon, I doubt Sup Forums will still exist. Also, it begs the question if you can even JUST a guy who lives on another planet.