Are video games degenerate?

Are video games degenerate?

At what age should kids stop playing?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17309970
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes they are, but you have the freedom to waste your time playing them. So long as it's not taxes paying for your fat ass to sit around all day playing "VR cuck sim current year" then I have no problem with it.

all that matters is you just stop

video gaymers are only becoming more cringey and pathetic

>you shouldn't be allowed to do X things because it is "degenerate"

No better than the leftist scum saying you aren't allowed to say X thing because it is "offensive". Kill yourself.

"Muh Degeneracyyyy"
Who the fuck cares? Do what you want

Explain how video games are degenerate.

Explain why people should stop playing video games at a certain age.

this

This.

ever since being a "nerd" became the fad, normies are trying to be a gamer but cant even finish one. seriously, fuck them for making the gaming industry hungry for money and attention

Nobody cares how you spend your free time, if you want to play video games go for it.

Video games are not the problem. Lack of self-control is.

as long as you aren't wasting every second of your life doing nothing but playing vidya I don't see the problem
everything is moderation

nah theyre not they can stop you from being bored

its actually a sober activity so its definitely not degenerate

if ur smoking weed and doing it , thats degenerate

I blame the fucked up system that allows people to be able to be able to play video games all day, diet capitalism + welfare is a breeding ground for degenerate behaviour.

Video game addiction is real.

You must have some of that experimental government space weed.

No. If you have both hands on the keyboard you have no hands left to touch yourself or take drugs with.
There isn't really an age they should stop. It should stop when it becomes an addiction instead of a hobbie. When you start justifying your existence with how good you are at games you should stop playing.

Only RPGs are degenerate

About 20-22 you should stop.

this.

Why? RPGs are my favorite. MMOs specifically.

degenerates

....and yet everyone in the room is captivated by what these "gaymers" are doing...they're the center of attention, LEADERS of group.

>Are video games degenerate?
Anything in excess is degenerate unless we are talking about physical training, work or studying.

>improving yourself is no better than Marxist indoctrination

I've managed to incorporate the passion for improvement I had in games into my work. I am always leveling.
And gaining more gold.

Welcome to Sup Forums - Politically Incorrect
This board is for the discussion of news, world events, political issues, and other related topics.

Off-topic and Sup Forums-tier threads will be deleted (and possibly earn you a ban, if you persist). Unless they are quality, well thought out, well written posts, the following are examples of off-topic and/or Sup Forums-tier threads:

>Red pill me on X. (with no extra content or input of your own)
>Are X white?
>Is X degeneracy?
>How come X girls love Y guys so much?
>If X is true, then how come Y? Checkmate Z.

The variety of threads allowed here are very flexible and we believe in freedom of speech, but we expect a high level of discourse befitting of the board. Attempts to disrupt the board will not be tolerated, nor will calls to disrupt other boards and sites.

Yes. Video games are substitution for reality. It's literally like a sex dolls.
While you playing video games in your basement, real ubermenschen playing IRL.

Why would they be degenerate? Ninja Gaiden, Dark Souls, S.T.A.L.K.E.R., I fail to see how those are degenerate. Supposedly a few key games out there have improved the skills of surgeons due to them requiring focus.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17309970

No.
Video games teach you valuable critical thinking skills. Games also teach you failure isn't absolute and that life takes practice, patience and expertise.
Kids don't have to stop gaming ever. Just don't be a cunt about it and you'll be fine. Hell, bitches love Mario Kart. Use it to get laid.

Is that Transcendent black gentleman starting to rethink his life in that picture?

If your life is a mess then maybe you should put down the controller and learn some real skills.

Metal Gear Solid 2 is more red-pilled and politically relevant than any work of Western culture produced in the last 10 years. It should be mandatory to play this game if you want to post here.

>hobbies are a substitution for reality
>basketball is a substitute for reality
>bird house building is a substitute for reality
>rebuilding motors is a substitute for reality
>riding bikes is a substitute for reality
>reading books is a substitute for reality
Do you even hear yourself?
If you use games to ignore reality by playing all day everyday and doing nothing else then you're right. Play for 1-2 hours a day when you've got nothing better to do is perfectly acceptable.

Those women despise losers playing with pixels, take another look at their faces.

If you were a woman, would you prefer a gayimg loser who lives in pixel land all day or a dude who actually has a hobby irl like riding dirt bikes, working with animals, exploring the country etc

The majority of white women want white men but these days all they see are degenerate cucks on left and MGTOW manchild betas on the right. They have no choice but to be full of resentment.

There's nothing wrong with them at all as long as you're playing them in moderation.

It's when people become 400lbs doing nothing but playing wow all day and eating cheetos all day that they become degenerate.

this

Video games is one of the monster eating on society.

There are people out there who could be engineers, sportsman, they could function in society, but instead they use computer for their daily dopamine intake.

They give up a big part of their life for video games

In the early 20th century, what did people did when they were bored ? They fixed their cars, build themselves things, they hanged out, had a wife and the whole 9 yards

Now, for some part of the population at least, instead of doing that, they just go on the computer
It's so much easier, no sweat, no hardwork, only dopamine and lost energy.

Also, depression/ sadness culture is really prevalent in gaming culture

t.someone who is like that

I'm growing so much hate for gaming, lost time and my lack of accomplishment, I feel like I'm gonna throw my PC by the window soon

>one post by this id

But what if I build my own computer machines and play only simracing games? Is it "degenerate" to vidya with something you can 50%-70% apply on a real life scenario? Real cars are expensive as fuck also, and understanding how a chassis works with a computer example is just easier. Just my take on it.

BTW I only play AC, Raceroom and iRacing. Actual videogames are boring as fuck because they don't represent such a challenge.

More OK, but you could race IRL, telling girls you race will get them in your bed, telling girl you play videogames about racing, not so much

No.

Most of them are badly made and pretty fucking stupid desu but they aren't degenerate. It's a two edged sword, the very few well made games are vehicles for creating a greater understanding of the world around us, they can be used to educate people, stimulate creativity, improve hand - eye coordination, improve logical, critical and rational thinking. The other 95% though are attempts by lazy, autistic neckbears to take the lunch money from impressionable kids by rendering a 3D box in which tailless apes compete to see who can click on the other person's avatar the quickest.