What does Sup Forums think of Jordan Peterson? I've learned a lot from him as an aspiring teacher...

What does Sup Forums think of Jordan Peterson? I've learned a lot from him as an aspiring teacher, and he certainly made me more religious/christian

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sSDClxjcR-4&t=208s
youtube.com/watch?v=28i3lWxW5xs&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

SAGE goes into the OPTIONS FIELD

DONT DIRECTLY REPLY
DONT POST PICS

JUST SAGE INTO THE OPTION FIELD AND TEXT

Sort yourself out.

People have been telling me how great he is but i don't see it. They link me 2 hour videos that i don't have time for. The shorter videos they link aren't that great. He basically says things that anyone with common sense already knows. Perhaps this is why I don't see the value of his words. The thing is, the people sending me links are very intelligent and I respect them so maybe there is more to Peterson than i have been able to gain in 5 short 10 minute videos.

TL;DR: Sell me on Peterson. Link me something good and not too long.

What Solzhenitsyn was to old marxism, Peterson is to cultural marxism/postmodernism. One articulate hero speaking the truth against an evil society or ideology can bring it down.

Don't become a Christ cuck because of Peterson; I like him a lot but he seems to have misinterpreted Nietzsche.

youtube.com/watch?v=sSDClxjcR-4&t=208s

He used to do a lot of 1v2 1v3 against feminists at college debates real good shit

Everyone who isn't an alt-right douche knows that this guy is a fucking clown

He must be fired

He's one of the few people who interprets Nietzsche the right way. Nietzsche was not a nihilist or anti-religious. He thought Christianity was too weak to withstand the rise of nihilism and modern degeneracy and he was sad about this "death of God" he thought was inevitable and would lead to disaster if not replaced by new values.

Hello, r/playpen

He's uneducated on how bad women really are, and just how much the system lets them get away with the most atrocious shit.

He's anti-feminism which is good but he doesn't seem to realize how deep the problem goes.

>What does Sup Forums think of Jordan Peterson?

Degenerate leaf faggot.

Unemotional, smart contrarian with a respectable personality but captive to pseudo science and pseudo philosophy. Speaks emphatically and concisely.
Currently drunk on attention.

His arguments are terrible - or at least they're terribly delivered when he presents them in interviews and debates. They may be cogent in his writings, I don't know. I've tried my best to understand his views, but he doesn't seem to be intellectually consistent or honest or, at times, even coherent.

The title is a bit misleading, it's more of an argument for the justification of the possibility for God's existence

Clearly, He wasn't a nihilist; Anyone who has read him ought to understand that the central tenant of his though was against nihilism; However, his criticism of Christianity wasn't a minor or merely superficial; He was convinced that Christianity was profoundly ill suited for higher men. He wanted people to create their own sense of virtue; Your own ideal.
Peterson seems to take a more Jungian view; He insists that people can't create their own sense of virtue because they are too weak, therefore they must fall back to Christianity.

No he's one of the few people that got Nietzsche right. Also Scheler has already dismantled a lot of the Nietzschean narrative against Christianity, look up his book 'Ressentment'.

Nailed it. Post-nihilism is the key and what many people on Sup Forums seem to crave. His views on Jung are spot-on as well, and he even proves this by talking over synchronicity with the metaphysics of kek.

I like him, but I have to say he's a B-tier academic. This is mostly because people like him were blocked from getting more exposure during the last few decades and he couldn't have much sources and paradigms to work with. Some future star academic influenced by him will surely out do him.

Unironically answering Marketing Threads for e-celebs.
Newfags...

Most of the ideas he deals with are so interconnected with each other that learning any one small part doesn't seem that important, but then when you see the bigger picture, the coherence of it all makes for a compelling case.

I think he's kind of a missing link in modern society, we've had all of this atheism and rationality, and science based belief that the moral/value side of things has been left behind and there's many atheists like me who are struggling to see how a secular moral system might work without a deity.

He's obviously a smart guy but these are complex ideas so I'm letting them sink in and analysing them a lot before reaching any conclusions. We need to see him debate other well educated people about some of these ideas to see well made counter arguments.

Your'e obviously not sorted australia.

You guys just want to use Nietzsche for your own ends. You clearly don't understand him. This is why I am starting to dislike Peterson.

Yes, I'm sure a pooinloo understands him better. Go back to worshipping your fifty-armed elephant-monkey god for good luck and clean streets.

What does he want me to do?

It is sad that new friends [every spaniard is one] dont even know how to effectively spread speech viruses. Sad, really really sad

In what way does Peterson interpret Nietzsche wrong? In my opinion Peterson has given better answers to Nietzsche's nihilism than others.
Don't throw religion under the bus in favor of science.

yes yes

thats why I leave in Nietzsche's syphilis phase, because his insane rambling from having his brain destroyed by a sexually transmitted disease is the real him. Can't be a plunderer now.

You can create your own values but at best you will start a small cult that turn into a political organization when you die like Scientology. Better to work with the traditions you have, the limitations of slave morality can be overcome under Christianity. By sacrificing his life productively criticizing what was considered sacred he continued the Christian tradition of righteous martyrdom in the name of truth.

Whatever his intentions, at the bottom of the void Nietzsche showed me I lookup up and saw Christ.

SORT

He's a quirky talker that relies too much on pop-psych.

He's a bit like Feynmann in his mannerisms.

>He basically says things that anyone with common sense already knows.

No, nobody with "common sense" already knows anything of what he is talking about. If they did, people wouldn't be so fucking toxic and engage in self-destructive behaviours on a scale unseen before.

YOURSELF

I will only reply to you since previous posters who replied to me are Eurotrash who Nietzsche would be embarrassed by. I guess they deserve Christianity and Christianity deserves them.

Anyway,

>You can create your own values but at best you will start a small cult that turn into a political organization when you die like Scientology.

Nietzsche was explicitly against this impluse to run to the crowd and join groups; That is not how one creates individual morality; One has to find one's character in solitude and through ruthless introspection.

>By sacrificing his life productively criticizing what was considered sacred he continued the Christian tradition of righteous martyrdom in the name of truth.

that is closer to the truth but that doesn't mean that he was trying to redeem Christianity for the masses; One could almost say that he is trying to do is to wrestle away Christianity from the corrupt hands of the masses. I think pic related sheds some light to his view of Christianity in this regard; by th end I think he saw his sacrifice as a parallel to that of Christ; however, his doctrine should not be confused for Christianity just because of this fact.

pic related

Basically this.
He just say basic shit and normies fall on their knees to suck his dick.
Dude however is too Normie to see beyond his own ass. Same applies to Nigger Tyson.

Look dude, I am not too enthusiastic about Peterson but if you can't watch a 2 hour lecture then you should not be joining political movements.

Maybe hes not for everyone

He says it like it is, no sugar coating

People have different values I guess

This
Bump.

>don't have enough agency to see the videos where he's great
>I don't see why he's so great. Must be a fraud!
You are such a fag, just make time. It's like how people tell me they don't have time to go to the gym, then I go to their house and they're watching game of thrones or some gay shit for 2hrs straight. Get a hold of yourself. Stop letting life's momentum dictate how you live.

Oh yeah, I learned the existence of momentum in life, if you allow (either consciously or not) for things to just happen, to life live you rather than the other way around, things will never go your way. If you go out drinking every weekend, and it gets worse and worse each time, but you don't make an effort to be more responsible or to stop, you'll end up drunk driving or with liver problems later on. If you become a NEET, never plan anything, live life day to day and have no prospects for life, no purpose you'll have a very sad and chaotic life.

I'm trying to stop my NEET-tier momentum. It's so hard to clean my room, or take showers more than 3 days at a time. Idk why, I just can't bring myself to it, too boring or something, I get distracted. But I'm fighting it, consciously forcing myself to do things, and I feel better after doing it... It's weird.

overcoming hardships/reaching goals is the key to happiness

This. Imagine looking at a spiderweb really close, all you'd see is a line, or a vertice maybe, that's nothing, who cares, just a line, but if you zoom out you'd see how magnificent and stunning the real structure of the spiderweb is. It's like how he says. That user is looking at a very low resolution image, just getting the jist of it, missing all the important details.

He is a hope for those of us working in Academia.

We've been censored and persecuted by post-modernists for too long, and he's giving us not only an example of how to break that cycle, but a sound arsenal of philosophical arguments.

Also, I'm a pagan-leaning agnostic and I don't find him to be too preachy on the Christian side, at all. He's just arguing how Christianity shaped the core of values of Western civilization. And he's right.

He doesn't speak to the masses at all, one of his messages is "stop reading Nietzsche". He is speaking to the elite that will guide the masses forward. If that priest class is a passive slave to processes already set in motion all is lost and at that time philosophers were limited by reverence to specific Christian concepts. He speaks in contradictions all the time, it stimulates your brain to consider the concept from all angles.

The main thing is that we need to be the gardeners of our mind and not just soil for others to exploit.

>I can't be bothered to watch his actual stuff where he explains things in detail.
>I only watch the soundbite videos.
There's your problem.

False. He recommends reading Nietzsche and Dostoievski almost in every single one of his lectures.

He's actually very much a Nietzschean.

Is Kek the future of western civilization and values? Hopefully.

So true. Happiness as a state in it of itself is such a waste, so stupid and vacuous. There is no deep meaning behind it. It accomplishes nothing by itself, that's why rich people are not happy, but the poor man would be ecstatic if he became one... For a while at least. Happiness always fades away, accomplishments and meaning don't.

I'm talking about Nietzsche not Peterson. Nietzsche basically says "stop reading Nietzsche, you don't want this".

He is a Jungian mostly, and he recommends reading everything.

Ooops, sorry, my bad.

>Is Kek the future of western civilization and values? Hopefully.

Im not sure if Jordan is correct anymore. I feel like the older generation couldnt get communism right because everyone was completely different. Today we see everyone trying to be Western. I think we should try communism just one more time. What do you say Sup Forums? Do we give it a shot?

Daily reminder to go to the gym.

>False. He recommends reading Nietzsche and Dostoievski almost in every single one of his lectures.
>He's actually very much a Nietzschean.
This. The problem is that both Peterson and Nietzsche see the factual and debate weaknesses of almost all religion. The stories they tell are not just stories, they're archetypes and almost life goals and aspirations for the apex man. Most people don't understand what an archetype is, most people read the story of Kane and Abel and literally see just two bros, and one's an asshole/got posessed by da debil DD: Or the story of Noah and literally think of a bearded guy in the sky talking to some farmer and flooding the world with water that never existed, and not a story about how corruption will never go unpuniehed. It's stupid to see them like that.

Fucking Kek! I can't believe I missed that get. Nice. Also nice get.

>SAY THE LINE JORDAN!

FUCK OFF BRONSTEIN

>religion
AND THAT'S THE BLOODY THING WITH IDEOLOGIES. YOU KNOW I ALWAYS SAY THAT PEOPLE DON'T HAVE IDEAS, IDEAS HAVE PEOPLE. AND THAT'S THE BLOODY IDEA THAT'S WRAPPED ITS HEAD AROUND AN UNDERWATER KOREAN BASKET WEAVING CARTOON MESSAGE BOARD.

IT'S LIKE.

IT'S LIKE YOU DECIDE OK, OK SO LETS SAY YOU TURN IN AN ESSAY OR A TEST AND YOU GET A PRETTY POOR GRADE YOU KNOW, ONE YOU DIDN'T THINK YOU WERE GOING TO GET. NOW YOU'VE ENCOUNTERED AN ANOMALY. YOU'VE LEFT THE TREES AND YOU'RE ON THE VELDT, AND THAT'S THE BLOODY THING. IT'S NOT ON YOUR OWN VOLITION OF COURSE. SO YOU'VE GOT A COUPLE OF OPTIONS YOU CAN BUCKLE DOWN AND TRY HARDER. OR LETS SAY THIS BAD GRADE THROWS YOU SO. FAR. OFF. THE. TRACK. THAT YOU SAY WELL I COULD JUST DROP THIS CLASS. I COULD JUST DROP OUT OF COLLEGE. I COULD DROP OUT OF THE NORMS OF SOCIETY. AND THEN YOU CAN DROP OUT OF LIFE.AND BELIEVE ME. THAT IS NOT A ROUTE YOU WANT TO GO DOWN. YOU CAN EXTRAPOLATE THE CONSEQUENCES OF A BAD GRADE ALL THE WAY TO GENOCIDE. AND THAT'S NO JOKE

use your logos boys

Hey fag, read this
Kek. 10/10 read in his voice.

McMaster was a mistake

dude's a fuckin giant

typical religious nutcase constantly falling for the same age old fallacies

Checked, someone should draw that on a canvas, looks worthy of a wall

No, everyone is just 5'11

He's very good at picking apart cultural marxism and postmodernism, but I feel you should take certain other things he says with a grain of salt. When he talks about archetypes etc, it's certainly interesting, but more as speculation than anything you should consider true or incorporate into your thinking.

OK, let's talk.
What fallacies?

>McMaster was a mistake
checked
a mistake for JBP to go at talk? or a mistake for the commies with the bullhorns to interrupt him? or?

<
I agree, you should take whatever anyone says with a grain of salt. But if what he says clicks in your head and makes you a better person in the end, I honestly don't see any problems with him. I feel I'm a better person than 5 months ago, and isn't that the point of life? To become better than you were yesterday?

>>McMaster was a mistake
It was great for JBP, but it was the most infuriating talk I've ever seen, not even Milo gets booed that bad. I can't believe he actually talked for 40 minutes until his mic got sabotaged. That takes balls under those circumstances.

I think it's distasteful for me to repeatedly pass my interpretation of him as truth or uniquely authentic; However the same rule applies to Jung and Peterson as well. Peterson relies on the Jungian view that religion in archetypal form is necessarily for a healthy psyche; I do not argue that; However, Jordon also insists that Christianity is and the story of Christ's sacrifice is the potent expression of the Hero archetype and there I have a major disagreement; Maybe Jordon will explain his reasons for this assertion and I will certainly listen to his views but I don't see how this will be the case or how this will redeem mob Christianity which is after what most people will take it to be.

What if you hate your father, should you still rescue him?

The immense irony of presenting this as an inspirational quote

I think he's fantastic and explorers areas that few do

I didn't become more religious after watching his videos, but he has showed me that there is value in religious teachings.

Its the way he nests these "common sense" things in to the bigger picture and shows why and why they are important and what happens for individuals (and eventually society) if they don't get these things right.

He articulates and extrapolates on knowledge that most people only act out without really knowing WHy they act those things out. He explains the underlying wisdom behind those actions and behaviors. He does also offer a lot of things that are not common sense, i mean, it is common sense after he has explained the things, but before that not really.

His lectures on youtube are over 500 hours now i think (at least over 300) where he tries to articulate his knowledge, to just try and express those things in a single post is really hard. There is also things he said that has taken me literally years to understand. I understood them on the surface only superficially but then later in encountering other information i realize that there where layers there i did not understand.

>That takes balls under those circumstances.
checked
you might say it took.....golden balls
more likely it took huge, swinging brass balls of truth

>Christ as the Hero archetype

4 mins in onwards

>I feel I'm a better person than 5 months ago, and isn't that the point of life? To become better than you were yesterday?

You're right.
However taht is a general truth.
It could also be problematic in a minority of cases. Certain people might feel certain ideas better them, but in the long term they cause harm due to being a thought system that isn't a good representation of reality. And maybe it spreads in society as well - see various ideologies. Many of them certainly thought they were being bettered by certain thoughts as well.

I'm not saying that's the case here though. I don't really see any issues with the things Jordan is saying, and I personally don't see that they'd be harmful. I'm just saying. Often we don't see certain things until later.

Your father is not your dad. Your father is your culture. Also, why do you think you hate your father? Is it because he doesn't fit the moral standards of society or son-dad interaction? A bad person needs rescuing because they recent something, they don't understand or like one aspect of life, so they hate or behave differently towards all of life, including people in it. I don't hate my dad, I recent him, he is so weak, no spine, nice guy tho. I hate that I was raised to be just as weak as him but I don't believe he needs rescuing. At least it's what I think.

>There is also things he said that has taken me literally years to understand. I understood them on the surface only superficially but then later in encountering other information i realize that there where layers there i did not understand.
Like what?

your father is society as well as your father
rescue your culture at all levels by being the best individual you can possibly be

Fuck dude I was thinking just like this in the gym yesterday

If you really read Nietzsche, if you perceive the soul speaking to you, you recognize how masculinist, elitist, Rightist (antipolitical is really Right) he was.

If you read like a Christian (OMG THIS TREE TOTES PREFIGURES THE CROSS) you just take away his negative aspects (I mean that non-morally) and conclude he's your Leftist buddy. Then you go blabbing everywhere with your nihilism like it's the right answer when Nietzsche really wanted people MORE confident in their exclusionary values, their affirmations and rejections.

I see what you're saying, basically what happened with nihilism.

Should I read Neechie?

If you don't watch his videos of course you wouldn't think its anything special. Besides its not only that he tells you things you don't know, its that he has further insight into things that you already know. Its the difference between simply giving somebody measurements of an object and explaining all the inner workings of the geometry they used to get the answers.

Unfortunately, I do see the attention getting to his head at times. A guy like him shouldn't pander to faggots on this board like other "conservative" internet personalities. The further away from right-wing pop culture internet garbage like Sargon and Crowder, the better. That kind of shit is for children, fits into the leftist box, and no self respecting man should involve himself with their product, even if its gets his own a lot of exposure.

I haven't watched most of his videos but what little I've heard of him seems pretty good. I just know of him as a professor who refuses to bow down to the liberal agenda with regards to normalizing and reenforcing certain peoples' brain problems, and I respect him for that. Takes a lot of courage to stand up to these people because they will try to crucify you.

This Indian gets it.

Literally the most important books are by NEET-chuh.

I recommend defying him and working almost backwards.

1. Genealogy of Morals, first essay. Understand master/slave morality and power/ressentiment psychology.

2. The Antichrist. If you get why he condemns Christianity you get a lot. Same themes as GoM#1.

3. The criticism of Socrates in Twilight of the Idols. Understand his account of intellectualism. It's linked to his views on morality and Christianity.

After that you can wing it. Zarathustra is how you sort yourself out as an individual though.

After

>He wanted people to create their own sense of virtue; Your own ideal.
i've often felt that JBP and Volkish would get along quite well

Based poo is Aryan poo