What the fuck were communists thinking when they were making these buildings...?

What the fuck were communists thinking when they were making these buildings...?

Efficiency

"Communism will work"

Better than living on the street.

Commieblocks are comfy if they aren't filled with immigrants and are in good shape.

I live in one and i wouldn't have it any other way.
>Cheap
>Close to the city center
>Good public transport connection
>caretaker knows his shit since everything is standardised

Are the beds molded into the floors?

>New-Belgrade-apartments

>Communists
>Thinking

Pick one

They didn't think anything.

Meanwhile, in reality

fuck, work in a place right next to a commieblock that looks exactly like OPs. Have to look at it all day
It maybe efficent but it just feels so wrong. Like no matter how much sunshine it gets it always looks like its middle of the night

commies are scum of the earth
and commieblocks are ugly as fuck

Everyone ITT is clueless
It was always meant as temporary housing, untill full communism happens

>caretaker

That`s his fault for being ont the street, it has fuick all to do with Capitaliasm.

Probably a drugged up alcoholic.

Fuck i can`t spell.........trying to type too fast.

I`ll commit suicide asap.

cheap, cost effective and low maintenance

did commies have a way of identifying hot girls and taking better care of them or matching them up with someone from politboro

Easy urban design with triangles and t-squares

Population growth

"im getting paid a loaf of bread whether this looks good or not"

New Belgrade is part of Belgrade across Sava/Danube river... Before it used to be border with Austro-Hungary and Serbia it was a swamp then in 1950 commies came and started building their commieblocks and factories for workers coming to Belgrade from rural places... Thank god they didnt ruin the Old Belgrade it still looks like an European city with architecture... Buildings like pic related are like at the end of or on the side of the New Belgrade the main part of New Belgrade looks somewhat decent with newer buildings, couple of skyscrapers, 5 star hotels, new 25k seat arena, shoping malls etc...

if the rent is really cheap compared to non-commie block housing then that's actually kinda dank
it's like a european ghetto but tall and proud

A commieblock is what you get when you decide you want to mass produce holding cells for citizens as cheap as possible while still building them to some level of specification (like running water, insulation of some sort, etc).

Very sad!

communists look at people like animals and tools to establish world domination

> human factory farms

>thinking

Cheap,efficent; you have to realize until those apartments people were living in fucking barracks.

We still build them in droves, and it's a free market around.

Commies picked the lowest common denominator and started from that...

commie buildings look like circuits

>communists
>thinking
kek

hot to put a roof over your grandparents head, you ungrateful shit!

What have you done that's so fucking great?

you don't know shit about communism... collapse is part of the pases that communism as an ideology transitions before being adopted globally... and it will work in its next manifestation.

But user, they weren't "REAL" communists :^)

You're fucking retarded dude, absolutely kill yourself

They literally tore down all the historic victorian/art deco buildings, and build this monstrosity on top of it...

When your political ideology promised that everyone in your country has to have basic living standards, then you get the most basic of living standards.

That doesn't make any sense at all, what the fuck

No thank you.

You're perfectly welcome to.

The west just fucking can't do modern skylines. I understand that nearly all Asian skylines were developed by western engineers but there's just something about a western city having those stupid ass rigid glsss buildings that invites niggers and dumb ass hipsters

>the architecture is what brings the faggots and niggers to cities
uwot

No man, kill yourself, for that is the end result of communism. Do us all a favour

I would love to live in 1980 USSR if Andropov was in charge instead of that cock sucking scrotum head Gorbachev.

The only reason why US is afloat is because of the transfer of wealth from the USSR...

le leaf poster

Yeah the rent is cheaper in commie block neighborhoods. They're full of drugs and crime but there is a certain aura of comfyness in them, when you know the local dealers and criminals so you aren't in danger yourself.

I love my concrete commie pad.

>Communist
>ability to reasonable think

You know the game, only one.

It was about transforming each and every citizen into a collectivist part of a greater whole, crushing individuality. That is the evil of Marxism that must never be forgotten.

Asians have more money to through around, more competition for contracts...

Yeah, the hipsters and "young professionals" are cretinous. In Toronto, one contractor delivers +70% of all glass, so these building literally start looking the same... they are fucking cheap too. The people they hire to make the windows for these bulding are so low education, that they get 10-30% retuned product. That leaves the question, how much of faulty product is being installed...

Basically, the retarded decisions that are made now are going to bite us in the ass decades down the road.

I grew up in a middle class suburb outside of Atlanta, Georgia. Atlanta is broken into multiple "sub cities" that have completely different culture and architecture. There's shit Atlanta, which is like Georgia State University, the airport, etc. There's hipster Atlanta that is around Georgia Tech and then there's Buckhead. Buckhead is a completely fucking modern city and is built around modern skyscrapers like your pic. It's where all of our Investment Banks are and Jews. Emory is about 15 minutes out from there. Anyways, modern buildings for whatever fucking reason just invite black people. Like half of all Atlanta rap songs talk about Buckhead and it's genuinely because of it looking modern and having non vandalized skyscrapers.

Holy shit I haven't seen an user this retarded on pol in a long time

>thinking
>communism
pick one

Keeping the sheep depressed and without motivation so they can't overthrow the government

Those gray colors were specifically selected as it induces a mellow state of mind onto the individual making it impossible to be optimistic.

So you're saying retarded decisions don't happen in a communist society? Because they do, tenfold. Again, kill yourself

You wog. Killing yourself is the capitalist ideal, once a human resource can no longer be exploited...

You're a degenerate shit. You'll get yours.

Once upon a time Khidr, the teacher of Moses, called upon mankind with a warning. At a certain date, he said, all the water in the world which had not been specially hoarded, would disappear. It would then be renewed, with different water, which would drive men mad.

Only one man listened to the meaning of this advice. He collected water and went to a secure place where he stored it, and waited for the water to change its character.

On the appointed date the streams stopped running, the wells went dry, and the man who had listened, seeing this happening, went to his retreat and drank his preserved water.

When he saw, from his security, the waterfalls again beginning to flow, this man descended among the other sons of men. He found that they were thinking and talking in an entirely different way from before; yet they had no memory of what had happened, nor of having been warned. When he tried to talk to them, he realized that they thought that he was mad, and they showed hostility or compassion, not understanding.

At first, he drank none of the new water, but went back to his concealment, to draw on his supplies, every day. Finally, however, he took the decision to drink the new water because he could not bear the loneliness of living, behaving and thinking in a different way from everyone else. He drank the new water, and became like the rest. Then he forgot all about his own store of special water, and his fellows began to look upon him as a madman who had miraculously been restored to sanity.

I think communism is the mindset of over thinking. When people think up communism, they truly believe that they are doing some sort of spider crawl search of every thing that humans do and need. Humans will never ever be capable of hivemind, communist reality as there are way too many unpredictable factors in human nature.

Serbs, who gives a fuck. What did I win?

I love having to feed my wife and unborn child on shitty food rations and live in a small house without a newfangled furnace. I bet you guys don't even like burning wood for heat.

Listen, Communism has been tried and failed in Afghanistan, Albania, Angola, Benin, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cambodia, China, Cuba, Congo, Croatia, Czechoslovakia, Ethiopia, Germany, Hungary, Kosovo, Laos, Macedonia, Mongolia, Montenegro, Mozambique, North Korea, Poland. Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovenia, Somalia, Yemen and Vietnam, I think it's safe to assume that it doesn't work.

but they will be filled with immigrants and scum of society eventually. Every system has the potential to usher in utopia if everyone just becomes a good person , holds hands with each other and celebrates peace. You must be devoid of any kind of intelligence to be unable to see how much of a fucked up place the world is.

>aestheticucks

not everyone wants to pay an extra $100/month for their apartment building to look pretty. these buildings are designed to be as cheap as possible, it has nothing to do with communism.

Satanic ritual

Is there a USSR?

Well, the answer if fucking obvious then!

You tards cant get passed this group think mentality, like sports fans, riding the cock of your respective team.

There were many positive things in the USSR, and if humanity is to have a chance, they will be adopted once the beacon is lit.

Following the collapse of the current system; which a priori was designed to fall.

Making something aesthetically tolerable isn't expensive.

Yes and that's why it has to do with communism

Yeah, surviving and being a basic slave is the communist ideal. No choice of how to dictate my life. At least capitalism gives me a chance. Seriously fucking kill yourself, your communist ideals will never be reached. You are an unsalvageable piece of shit, everyone in your social circle hates you for being the biggest fag they've ever met, and nothing good awaits you in life other than your death. Kill. Yourself.

That failed

but that's not REAL communism!

>capitalism doesn't support the ar-

>What the fuck were communists thinking when they were making these buildings
Whats the cheapest way to build it?

>unironically hating commie blocks
kys

>I_hope_it's_just_a_banter.jpg

>It doesn't matter how well this building is made, we all get paid the same regardless.

That's exactly my point, no matter how many times communism is tried, it always ends up being something botched, in the end it's the result that matters.

>communists
>thinking

Good one, Buban.

Is it true you have saunas at the basements of these?

>There were many positive things in the USSR

When Greeks came back to Greece from the USSR they were given a couple of bucks to get food. They were so happy they had like 20 bucks they started telling everyone "I'm gonna buy potatoes, I'm gonna buy fruits, I'm gonna buy everything I want!" Actual story that my grandpa told me. I always fuckin hate it when people say "USSR wasn't that bad" while at the same time being in a fuckin well-off suburban household with access to the Internet lmao

That everything beyond bare subsistence was fake and evil and gay

Literally the ugliest and most dehumanizing ideology possible

>drive 100km from your own house to the work
>become bankrupt by benzin prises
no, thanks

Architect here.

Read Kulic and Mrduljas on these topics. Specifically the books

Modernism in-between
Unfinished Modernisations - Between Utopia and Pragmatism

Sve ce ti biti jasno. Ovo je jako opsirna i iznimna tema i nebi trebao da je toliko pojednostavljujes. Naravno da nije svako djelo ex-YU arhitekture bilo pun pogodak. Jugoslovenska arhitektura i urbanisticke prakse su jako zanimljivo polje i valja se procitati nesto vise o tome. Koliko ima promasaja, toliko ima i pogodaka arhitekture koje valja ocuvati...

Pricao bih vise o ovome ali nazalost nemam vremena...

USSR and dozens of other countries

>unironically praising a country that systematically killed off all its intellectuals

I guess you're not very intelligent. All the more reason you need to kill yourself. Don't muddle the gene pool with your filth.

A little modernization and they are ok tier

>exploiting workers
Hmm, doesn't that sound familiar?

They weren't thinking, that's why they're communist.

>those cantilevers over the pool
>water isn't falling off of the ends
tiggered

And then the buzz wore off and we rolled another joint

no one is as enslaved as someone who things they are free.

I'm not a communist.

Please don't kill yourself when the time comes.

Demolition is easier though.

I like my commie block, it is pretty comfy

>liking commie blocks

they are the death of the human soul

at least they leave them alone when they retire, in capitalism, you keep on getting fucked all the way to the grave.

have a (you)

There weren't much commie blocks before WW2. Stalin era buildings were better.
But after WW2 everything was ruined and they needed cheap way to rebuild. It made some sense back then.
But the fact that they continue to build these commie blocks today, fuck man. And they are even worse, they don't even last 5-10 years and already go to shit.

>The Palace of the Parliament is still the most dominant building in the skyline
Looks like a dystopian version of our capital. Do you also have a law that forbids skyscrapers?

>not pretty

>can survive an earthquake
>qood isolation
>high quality electric and water installations
>result of glorious soviet engineering
>entire districts built according to plans, has schools, kindergartens, n shiet
>playground or park between each 2 buldings
>lots of trees and grass
>always enough parking spots+ underground garages
>a nice wiev through every window, bulidings far apart
>90% the people own these apartments, you got them from the state owned company you worked in. no mortgage or rent

hundreds of hearty keks, good post user

We have that shitty ass law.

>>qood isolation
>>high quality electric and water installations
I don't know maybe your have better commie blocks, but it's shit here.

"In Athens, buildings are not allowed to surpass twelve floors so as not to block the view towards the Parthenon."