Is fitness for personal health and longevity bullshit? How come you never see powerful men like Donald Trump...

Is fitness for personal health and longevity bullshit? How come you never see powerful men like Donald Trump, Gabe Newell, or Warren Buffett at the gym?

Do they know something we don't?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/xrYL07hPw4w
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Fixx
nytimes.com/1984/07/22/obituaries/james-f-fixx-dies-jogging-author-on-running-was-52.html
youtube.com/watch?v=0WpEc-rJQ3s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They're workaholics, unlike most of us.

However, physical fitness increases your quality of work by increasing the amount of oxygen delivered to your brain via increased heart rate.

More oxygen, yes, higher heart rate, no.

Trump never did any drugs, including alcohol, which is probably why his fat ass is still surviving being president. He also obviously has access to the best medical treatment if anything goes wrong

“The flame that burns Twice as bright burns half as long.”

Extreme fitness is actually rather taxing on the system. Endurance running or muscle training results in a thickened heart muscle that can, depending again your genetics/food intake, result in a premature heart attack. There are common tales all over the place of runners and meatheads dropping dead in the middle of a work out. The heart is a muscle and if you overwork it, then it'll fail on you.

The uncomfortable truth is that longevity is 80% genetics/and or good luck. And by good luck, I mean not having to lead a physically or emotionally demanding job - things that rich people escape from in ways that working people can't.

It's because they're the old wise men from the days of old, they know something we don't and have been extremely humbled by it so now they spend the rest of their days churning away.

That being said, Gabe looks fucking great with a beard.

lol he's no savior of gaming, that's marketing
he's shady as a mother fucker

>fat guy tries to justify being fat by comparing himself to 3 billionaires on a planet with a population of roughly 7,500,000,000 (7.5 Billion)

They can afford to hire alien doctors if they actually existed (maybe they do)

Being fat is disgusting. If you're fat, you're disgusting.
It means your lazy and do not care about yourself.
Trump is more "old man fat". Not 30 something obese gamer manchild fat..

everytime a gaben dies of heart failure valve brings out a new one from the gaben seed vault

>valve
>heart valve
Deepest lore.

deeper than all soul series lore combined

I just meant that excercising causes your heart to pump more blood which results in more oxygen over a time interval. Not a long term increase in heart rate.

nice to see somebody that agrees with me on that. Yet again this isn't Sup Forums.

>won't release Half Life 3
Might release World War 3 tho

Probably be the better game. Hell of a lot of DLC and micro-transactions though.

because they're rich and can afford the best health care while americans cant afford any health care and are also twice as fat

fucking this

>be valve
>be sitting on literal mountains of money
>ignore VR advances and treat it like a red headed stepchild
>do such a bad job of furthering VR that fucking Facebook is doing a better job than you

pathetic

Jesus I forgot about that image.

Yeah yeah, I was just making the distinction that physically fit people tend to have lower pulses but pump greater volume.

>seen as the saviour of western civ
I'm convinced now that it's literally one fucking guy that posts this constantly

How much is Trump paying you?

>How come you never see powerful men like Donald Trump, Gabe Newell, or Warren Buffett at the gym?
Private gym in their own home paid by you dear Americans

I think Trump did some good workouts back in the military academy days.

Being fat is a indicator of mental weakness.

>seen as the saviour of western civ

>post a funny meme
>get accused of paid shilling
Fuck off, dude. I voted for the guy, but haven't been feeling too gung-ho about him since the Syria missile strike and this talk of being a globalist and compromising on NAFTA.

So to prove I'm not a shill:

Fuck Xrumph and fuck wypipo

I doubt he gets much exercise other than the golf course.

>>post a funny meme
When did you do that?

Don't cut yourself on that edge.

No, you use that massively regurgitated completely out of date response when someone posts something edgy, not when someone insulted your favourite lol god emporer xd pepe image

Because they have their own gym.

Oh right. I just need to start calling everyone I disagree with controlled opposition or Reddit fags.

I didn't call you a redditor
My mistake

what is it?

It's because they have literal billions to spend on doctors who concoct perfect drug cocktails to keep their lumbering sacks of bigmacs and filet running smoothly.
There's no guarantee that you'll die because you're fat, but there's a ton of complications that make it more likely.
>You're no longer able to run for any significant length of time. I met a Canadian one time who was actually in New York to see the twin towers going down. She said she'd never forget seeing people who were too fat to run for their lives.
>Your entire cardiovascular system is under immense strain. Heart attack more likely.
>More likely to suffer damage to skeletal structures.
>Beetus.
>It just looks disgusting. Newell and Trump are too old to give a shit about this part, but Trump wasn't very fat in his youth (and he's still nothing compared to le funny hat Jew)
>shortens the effective length of your cock (I imagine it makes ED more likely as well, though that's just a guess, since anything that fucks with your blood flow can cause ed). There's an arch of fat that forms along your pubic bone and keeps you from using anything from half an inch to two inches.

I know it's hard to lose weight, but living's hard. If you are fat, you should put everything you can into fighting it.

Body in concrete?

>that look says everything

We have a saying, if sport was good for you every jew would have a turnik under his window. (Turnik is on pic)

>be gullible idiot
>buy CSGO skins
>buy DOTA 2 skins
>buy TF2 hats
>directly contribute to Valve's laziness
>ensure that Valve has so much money they never need to make another sequel of their own game franchises
Way too many people like this on Steam

I'm an oldfag. I've been here since March.
If I remember correctly it's some doctor who got stuffed in that cylinder by some Mexican cartel for a botched surgery or some shit.

And poured concrete in there.

It's interesting how physical laziness often translates to laziness in other endeavors of a fat fuck

I think the barrel was filled water that's why the body got bloated

Insider from valve here.

Half life 3 has been done for years, they are waiting for the right time to release it for the most sales. Using steam as an analytical source they can determine which game will get the most sales before it's even released. They are waiting for the day where it would literally cause an Insane amount of hype.

Same with portal 3, LFD3 was canceled though.

Yeah thats right.

Gabe pretty much confirmed it's not happening in a somewhat recent interview.

It looks like an assasintion to me, I had to look at it for a few seconds to work out what I was seeing, then it all clicked.

Only to help you reach into your 80s. Once you start hitting 90s and beyond, longevity is increasingly determined by genetics.

They have given up hope for maximum hype right now but it is constantly monitored with a launch button ready.

I hope that someday someone accidebtly pushes that button.

I really hope that with OW stealing TF2's playerbase, Valve gets off their asses and makes HL3

Maybe he can get pedowood producer, Steve Mnuchin, in on it too

wtf is that

One of your kin

>See something so fucked up you don't even know what you'r looking at.
>it's from Mexico
Of course. Why are mexicans so cruel?

Ermm sweetie

Do Gaven vs. Bannon instead

they are taking drugs unknown to us in which boost health to maximum level by 110%. Click on this link to know more.

www(.)alexjonesvitalitywater(.)com

Oh yeah, my bad.

Lets not go overboard.

Trump is "fat" because he is simply old, he is not really that fat. He was looking pretty good when he was younger.
Gaben is just fucking fat

>Gabe
>Saviour of gaming

PFFFFFFT

Is that how you convince yourself to not workout? you fat fuck.

The only ones who die from exercise had conginital defects or were abusing performance enhancing drugs, or blood doping

>a shitty fps disney moba hybrid
>stealing players from a classic f2p class based fps
yeah no. they can easily steal from assfaggots though

that's what happens when you don't brush your teeths

What the fuck

kek

> i won't go for a run every couple of days cause i might die - obese american user

youtu.be/xrYL07hPw4w

i laughed first but then i just got sad. you can hear the extreme disappointment and frustration in the mothers voice.

it's disgusting that people like this are some shameless and autistic and don't even realize that they are hurting the people around them.

I don't need a reason to convince myself not to work out, plain laziness is all that you need.

My statements, although controversial, are rooted in fact. Excessive fitness causes ventricular hypertrophy in the heart. It is it true that this process, as a byproduct, causes your cardiovascular system to pump very efficiently. But it can also lead to heart failure and heart attacks, if, through not fault of your own, if you were born with a predisposition to coronary artery disease. They've scanned mummified bodies in Egypt, some in their 20s, and they've seen calcium deposits in the vascular systems etc. And they didn't have McDonalds and high fructose corn syrup in 2000 BCE.

So the point is, unfortunately for people, they are doomed to what their genetics predispose in many, if not most, situations, at least in the current year. This may change with medical advances in the future. I don't suggest that you neglect fitness because you're 'tiring out your hearts', I'm just saying, there's no empiricial evidence to suggest that being a Michael Phelps or your average powerlifter is going to increase your longevity. It's two separate issues: longevity and fitness. You can be fit and die young and be unfit and die old. That's not to say, I'm suggesting for people to sit at home and eat McDonalds and drink sodas - I'm not - do not strawman me.

The mother's voice arouses me.

They're lazy and full of themselves. They believe pleasure is the most important thing.

Yoi're a fucking idiot, ventricular hypertrohpy does not cause heart failure. In a person who does not exercise and is fat, it can be a symptom, not a cause, of insufficient circulation, usually due to atherosclerosis, which did exist in fat people before the modern diet.

Also yes, being obese is absolutely associated with decreased lifespan, and a fit person will also have DRAMATICALLY improved heathspan

Standard yankee

LVH is absolutely associated with cardiac events. Whether you're arguing a chicken v. the egg is kinda irrelevant because there is difficulty in pinpointing exact casuality in fatal events. They only open your heart once you're dead, and most people never have scans of their hearts before, so how will you know which was there first?

You're fucking stupid. I didn't advocate for an obese lifestyle. I guess I need to be more precise in my inital posts because of tards like you. You're reading into the situation what you want to in order to strawman me because of your opposing viewpoint.

I'm saying, there is no evidence to suggest that *very* fit people, Olympic level, Powerlifters, etc., live long as a direct result of their fitness. All the prevailing knowledge seems to suggest that octogenarians and beyond were fairly 'average' people who were not fitness junkies. So using those people as longnitudnal case studies, and knowing the overworking a heart, as a general rule, is 'bad' then I am saying, in response to OP, no you don't have to be a paragon of fitness to reach old age, as evidenced by people like Trump. And if anything the opposite is true. If you think about it, most women live longer, have high body fat percentages, and they do less physical strain on their bodies, through out their lives, than men. They also have less cardiac events. Is there a correlation and causality between those things, I'm arguing, yes.

At the end of the day, you can't outrun your genetics.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Fixx

nytimes.com/1984/07/22/obituaries/james-f-fixx-dies-jogging-author-on-running-was-52.html

there's this magical new substance called Money. if you have enough of it, you can literally live forever.
enough money can buy you all the organ transplants, blood transfusions, and other assorted procedures necessary to literally live forever.

We do know the causality. Atheroscoliosis causes decreased circulation efficiency which causes ventricular hypertophy to compensate, which is associated with heart attacks because of the propensity of people with fatty blood vessels to get clots in cardiac arteries. Exercise induced cardiac hypertrophy is not associated with heart failure and in fact REDUCES the chances of heart failure later in life, which is the primary reason every health organization in the world reccomends regular exercise.

The rest of your post is nonsense, yes, most of the very old were not elite athletes, this is because elite athletes are a tiny, tiny percent of the population. There is no evidence for an upper cap at which physical training starts to hurt you unless you get into drugs, blood doping, or hormone supplementation.

Trump isn't even that fucking old, and he WILL die earlier than he would if he worked out, regardless if it was 3 hours a week or 3 hours a day.

Women on average live longer than men primarily because they are smaller and have much less dangerous and damaging careers.

Those dudes can afford to replace the blood of a golden marmoset with root beer, I'm pretty sure they can afford the best healthcare.

I don't give a fuck about living super long since cultural marxists are making life not worth the world living in. Also, I ran sub 3 hour marathon and I'm a former active duty US Marine and can't let myself become a fatass.

Alright, I'm not going to get a prolonged back and forth, because I'm not in the mood right now to source citations/studies/whatever. I'm sure people will take this as, 'that guy is full of shit'. It's fine.

To condense my thesis once more. I'm arguing there is diminishing returns, in fitness level, so far as longevity is concerned. Add secondarily, that your genetics, and 'luck', play a much larger role in determining your lifespan.

I think, many people who have atheroscoliosis, should not be exercising to extreme levels because that's a bad thing waiting to happen. But people don't know they have the atheroscoliosis because of the lack screening in normal 'poor' people.

I'm not advocating you eat McDonalds and eat 3k calories a day because your grandfather lived to 80 - obviously you'll develop atherosclerosis in spite of your genetics in that circumstance.

Athelete's heart is a controversial issue that we're not going to solve here today. I'm not a cardiologist. Like you said, there simply isn't enough data on very fit people in old age because they are a small segment of the total population. My personal belief, is that overstressing a heart, beyond the healthy agreed upon limits, will reduce lifespan. Overworking a mechanical component result in early failure, which would a heart, an organic component, be any different? We're just organic machines in many ways. The fact of the matter is, your cardiologist might say, 'yeah, exercise is good, there is no upper limit'. But they know that almost all people, even the Michael Phelps of the world, will eventually stop exercising at their peak levels, and their hearts will regress to their 'normal states'.

If you guys are interested in an exaggerrated portrayal of the preventative exams that rich people, probably, and in all likelihood get, there's a fairly mediocre movie called 'Cosmopolis'.

youtube.com/watch?v=0WpEc-rJQ3s

Robert Pattinson is a billionaire who gets heart/body scans and prostate exams every 6-12 months (I forgot the interval). I forgot what else. That's basically what rich people have access to right now, and what 'plebs' might get access to in a couple of decades in industralized countries.

>They're workaholics
I too would work an extra 20 hours a week, if I knew that would net me $100M+.

diminishing returns, absolutely. And the difference between being fit and elite being less than genetic differences, absolutely. But the difference between sedentary and/or obese lifestyle and a fit lifestyle is FAR greater than genetic variation in terms of determining life and healthspan.

Even elite training does not "overwork the heart" because such training reduces the resting heartrate, so 90% of the time is working less hard than that of a less fit person. And while these benefits will peter off when they get old and stop, their hearts still will be operating at normal levels when normal peers heart's are struggling

this is 100% objectively and scientifically wrong. hit the gym you pathetic burger

>savior of gaming

THIS
IS
BAIT

GABE HAS RUINED THE GAMING INDUSTRY
HE TURNED IT INTO A FUCKING FREEMIUM HATGAMING SOCIETY OF BULLSHIT

FUCKING DELETE THIS NOW

Looks like a body stuffed into a barrel filled with concrete

You all saying this must have missed the "seen as" part preceding the "the savior of gaming" part.

NOBODY "see's him" as the savoir of gaming post 2011

HE RUINED MUH HOBBY

also
>trying to disagree with my trips
cmonBruh

Yeah well check these

no, 6