I was an athiest since about 10 years...

I was an athiest since about 10 years, but now because of current world habbenigns and getting redpilled by Sup Forums I want to believe. But I can't. I revere Christianity and Christian culture, but I just don't believe in any gods or other supernatural things. What am I supposed to do, pretend that the whole thing seems probable to me?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=VqULEE7eY8M
todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/06/origin-jesus-slogan/
oneplace.com/ministries/thru-the-bible-with-j-vernon-mcgee/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

They all pretend. Not a single "christian" practice what Jesus said.

Ok you fucking leaf. Take your uneducated opinions elsewhere.

>lol the global situation and cultures back when the Bible was written had no influence over the content of the book at all and therefore you should actually take everything written there literally rather than use your fucking brain and find the universal truth in what the Bible says

Day of the rake when

"Woe to those who call evil good and good evil, who put darkness for light and light for darkness, who put bitter for sweet and sweet for bitter."

Isaiah 5:20

I'm in the same boat. i argued and fought with my Catholic school teachers and got good at "dis proving god" but now i still study the bible and find great things in it and important truths but it's hard to go for god

bump for interrest. im in the same situation

If it seems improbable, there's likely some un-analyzed facet of your thinking - perhaps there's some part of Christianity that you're thinking about too literally, or some pseudo-scientific meme that you think is plausible but on closer inspection isn't.

I want to fuck moomin

Accept Christianity for what it is. It gives many people in Europe decent values and morals without requiring them to develop values and morals through critical thought, which they might not be able to do.
>What am I supposed to do, pretend that the whole thing seems probable to me?
You don't have to do anything. You can argue that Christianity is a force for good without believing that its supernatural beliefs are true.

check these digits. you now believe in god.

Why do you want to believe in g-d, you larping faggot?
Remember it's a semitic religion and therefore not white

Read Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis.

Why can't you just be content with living your life without believing in some imaginary god? I support Christianity, but only as what it is, a form of values, created by men, that are enforced on society to teach the plebs how to behave so we can have a stable social order.

>ABLOOBLOOBLOO THOSE MEAN GAYWADS MADE ME DO MY JOB AND WONT LET ME DISCRIMINATE AGAINST THEM TRULY WE LIVE IN A DICTATORSHIP

I was raised Christian and agree with the moral tenets but I have not believed in the supernatural for over 15 years. What is missing for atheists is a sense of brotherhood and ritual, as well as the socializing that church offers. You either have to find something to replace that or just go to church and LARP. I wish it was safe to have peaceful white pride gatherings, that might be just what is needed.

Typical "christian" poser
>"I take muh bible literaly only when it fit muh agenda"

Fucking christians brought that degeneracy into the west.
>Love thee neibour
>Turn the other cheek
Beta af

Just be a practicing Christian. You don't have to believe the stories to follow the values.

Nobody reasonable takes everything written in Bible literally. Literally no Christian does. Religion is not about not recognizing that the book was a manifestation of its times, but about recognizing the universal truths hidden somewhere along the lines of ancient desert men's bubble.

The Bible even recognized that Jesus was just human, even though the son of God (Jesus commited sins and even lost his faith for a moment out of despair), and so were his apostles and what is written in it might not be perfect, nor was it meant to be. Also, the Bible was not directly written by God nor Jesus, but by the apostles who were just human.

It's like old graphics in games, kinda. They look like shit, but you know that a tree is a tree and where the fuck your character is.

Why don't you try praying?

Also, what exactly is causing you to doubt?

Think about it this way. How could the universe just come to life from an explosion which occurred from literally nothing with no fucking reason? It's impossible without some form of divine intervention? And how could that random explosion create such a perfect world? And why do we even have souls and what exactly are souls? Our entire organisms are made out of a bunch of unalive elements - mainly hydrogen, carbon and oxygen. What is this magical life spirit that we call a soul or consciousness and why does it exist? How can it exist? It has no mass, no volume, no density. I honestly believe that, from a logical standpoint, God exists.

>Jesus commited sins
He did not.

>even lost his faith for a moment out of despair
If you are referring to his moment on the cross, he is not "losing his faith". What has happened is that God has poured out His wrath at sin upon Christ's head and thus Christ is in a "state of sin" and has been "forsaken" by God. He did not lose his faith, he was just crying out in eternal sorrow. If you notice, immediately after he says:

"It is finished. Father into your hands I commend my spirit."

>Also, the Bible was not directly written by God nor Jesus, but by the apostles who were just human.
They were divinely inspired and thus were incapable of error. God protected them from all errors.

Lack of unquestionable evidence.

Then what created god?
*sip maple syrup*

>They were divinely inspired and thus were incapable of error. God protected them from all errors.

I guess I'll wait patiently for the quote supporting that claim then.

What standard does the evidence have to meet for it to be acceptable to you? Anything can be "questioned".

Quantifiable evidence and/or open to repeatable experiments. Something religion cannot do.

That question certainly comes to your mind naturally, and I can't answer it with certainty. The only thing that I can say is that he didn't have to be created. After all, He is God. If I recall correctly, in the Bible, God is mentioned as saying "I am, I exist".

"For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled."
-Matthew 5:18

"And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it."
-Matthew 16:18

there is more if you want.

Of course religion can do this. There are dozens upon dozens of miracles which have been scientifically examined and proven. Also much of it has been historically examined and proven.

Quoting shit from a book that is not based on the scientific method proves nothing. It is the equivalent of looking into a rorschach test.

if you search God with all your heart you will find him.
i was in the same situation and things was going downhill and i cried out to God to reveal himself and help me. he revealed himself right after me asking him with all my heart.

No there haven't.
Even if they have, which they haven't, but let's just assume they have, that isn't scientific. For something to be scientific fact it needs to be repeatadly observed and repated in an experiment.
Show me an experiment of someone walking on water or turning water to wine.

How do you know it's not the devil tricking you?

None of those quotes suggests the apostles' immunity to wrong. They were Christ's students, not God's prophets or incarnates. You can search the Bible all you want, you won't find a single line that says apostles were incapable of error.

The basics of religion are about ritual, ceremony, community.

Just treat it as a Roman State religion. Just do it, who gives a fuck if you actually believe.

At least, that's the best answer I have as an Atheist. Not sure user, I know Atheism fucked my life up, but it's not as if Christians do everything perfectly.

he came as light and showed me a vision of how he saved my mother from freezing to death. she fell in a deep hole in the snow skiing in -23*C and i saw how God sent a man to help her and she lived with no problems to this day.
you can judge a tree from its fruit. i also feelt extreme love and he cleaned me from my demons. i was puking demons for almost 1,5 hour and have never been better after that happen.

He asked for quotes pertaining to Divine Inspiration so I provided them. Stop being so contrarian and try to listen. It's useless claiming to be open-minded if you kick and scream every time someone tries to give an honest argument.

Yes, they have. And since we have dozens upon dozens, if not thousands upon thousands of examples of them; we can reasonably say that it has been "repeatedly observed and repeated."

Bumping for moomin

You'll get there eventually, look up theoria. Delve in to Buddhist, Greek and Chinese ways and eventually you'll understand the Christian way when you notice they all identify God.

The devil could have done that m8.
He's a notorious trickster.

are god and kek the same being?

I never said they were immune from being wrong in all things, I said they were Divinely Inspired when they were writing Scripture and thus were incapable of error. Those quotes specifically address this. The first establishes that the words of the Law (remember that Christ is the Law) will never fade or be altered. The second quote establishes that the Apostles are to be the "rock" upon which his Church is built and that "the gates of Hell shall not prevail" against the Church. The "gates of Hell" would be (among other things) the lies and deceits of false teachers and false prophets. It would be quite silly for the All-Powerful God to give us a message and then let the messengers fall into error while communicating it.

They were Christ's "prophets" and in some ways, his "incarnates". Though I think we should be careful in saying that only in a colloquial sense and not in the strict definition of the words, in which case you are somewhat correct.

However, you are absolutely incorrect that there is no Biblical evidence for the Infallibility of the Apostolic Scripture.

>Yes, they have. And since we have dozens upon dozens, if not thousands upon thousands of examples of them; we can reasonably say that it has been "repeatedly observed and repeated."

No, it has never once been repeated under controlled conditions under the scientific method. Historical evidence (which is farcical anyway) cannot be used to establish a scientific fact.
Religious is not and cannot be supported scientifically. That doesn't mean it's worthless though. I'm not anti-religion, let's just make that clear.

Just believe in Kek, the bringer of light.

"Verily I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever ye shall loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven."
-Matthew 18:18

"All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:"
-2 Timothy 3:16

Absolutely they have, and absolutely they are. You are factually incorrect. The Church has often subjected miraculous events to scientific inquiry.

Has love ever been "repeated and under controlled conditions"? Yet you believe in that, no? See, there are two problems with your assertions. One is that you are factually incorrect and miracles have been scientifically proven to occur. The other problem is that you would hold no other thing to this standard, only religion. That alone should tell you something. If you are holding it to a ridiculous standard and it STILL meets the standard, then how much more evidence can you possibly need?

Why are you still worshipping the corpse of a kike nailed to a fence? It's just sick and weird.

This is a good question. Descartes talks about it in Meditations on First Philosophy.

Show me one experiment that is repeatable and can support miracles from the Bible.

Indeed he does.

Paul's letters were not scripture while he was writing them.

Why do you feel the need to insult something to which you pretend and profess disbelief?

I know why you do it. But do you know why you do it?

Sup Forums helped me realize that religions are a necessity to impose moral structure in a normie's life, not because normies are too stupid to figure out right and wrong, but because normies are too easily swayed and manipulated into self-destructive degeneracy without such moral structures in their lives.

The rise of atheism and destruction of christianity in the west is one piece of an ongoing cultural attack on all western and white values.

Of course they were.

You have to force yourself to take that final step and say 'fuck it, i have faith, i believe in God'. then, go to RCIA Catholic classes, just to sit in and listen.

if that fails, watch this video youtube.com/watch?v=VqULEE7eY8M
science has all but proven God exists.

nowhere does it say you must live exactly like Jesus in order to believe in him or eventually be in God with heaven.

WWJD is a scam created by communists and jews to literally turn Christians into pacifist pussies. It was revived in the 90s to make Christians bend over and take it up the ass when the globalists finally began pushing muslims into the west, which they then proceeded to do 15-20 years later.

todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/06/origin-jesus-slogan/

You're a fucking moron and a perfect representative example of why so many people turned to atheism in the first place. You clueless retard.

It's not about discrimination at all, like the MSM would want you to believe with their inflammatory bullshit.

What stops a person from coming into my home when I say "Don't come in here, I don't want you in my house"

It's private property that stops them, my house is MINE, to allow whoever i want in, I can tell every white person in my city to come and go as they please, and I can tell every nog that they can't come in my house. THAT IS MY RIGHT.

SO. Why are private owned businesses forced to serve those who they don't wish to do business with? That's right, because the states power has been inflated beyond belief, and faggots like you back it up without even understanding the gradual infringement of rights that happens EVERY FUCKING TIME YOU DO NOTHING WHILE YOUR RIGHTS ARE DEGRADED.

You think it's some bigot bakers now, but in reality, it's YOUR rights that are being tramped on whenever you faggots sit and allow state backed force to infringe on someone's rights.

yo i was raised catholic, went to church, etc, and dropped it at around 11. i desperately wanna believe in god, but it just won't click for me. at this point i figure i'll go through some midlife crisis and convert, but i'd still like any advice you could give.

>Thailand
Post feminine penis pls

>know
believe

So why are you still worshipping a corpse nailed to a fence?

You know what to do lad, you'll 14/88 eventually

>I revere Christianity and Christian culture

Why? The Bible is so horrible that even christians ignore it.

>Pretend to believe
Hey, it works for the religious leaders ;)

Visit the discovery institute. Watch James Tour (PhD from Rice) videos on YouTube. Read papers from Nobel laureate chemist, physicist, biologist, medicine. Read books from Hugh Ross and Douglass Axe. John Sanford has a great book about genome. There are alot of resources out there. If you need more, come back and ask again.

I'm not a Christian, I am an agnostic, but out of all the religious texts. The Bible seems to have some similarities in today's scientific world. I don't see a physical God to be true. But some sort of God is possible but I have to see it to believe it. I'm always asking questions. And so should you.

I understand what OP is saying, the problem is that the left has given atheism a bad reputation in recent years.
From how I see it, you can't *force* yourself into believing something: if you honestly DO NOT believe, you just can't honestly call yourself "religious".
You can still cherry pick the good of Christianity without believing to form your own moral code, however, I don't see anything wrong with that. I'm an atheist too, I have read the bible, yet, despite realizing that most of it is horrible bullshit, I still agree with some of the teachings in the gospels.

Don't be a Christian , be an Orthodox instead

>You're a fucking moron
Sometimes, yes. What of it?

>perfect representative example of why so many people turned to atheism in the first place.
Thank you, but I think that's an unwarranted compliment.

I like this guy.

Bible freak detected.

You believe in "supernatural" things.

You just don't label it as such.

If you believe you're conscious, then you believe in the supernatural.

If you believe in the idea of culture that many people living together create a great unified state of being unique in it's nature, you believe in the supernatural.

If you believe that Truth is inherent and not the product of man's flawed reasoning, then you believe in the supernatural

There are many things that do not physically exist in our reality, things that exist outside the realm of empiricism that do indeed exist. They exist in the platonic realm. They are metaphysical in nature which is to say that we don't interact with their pure form in this world, but we can observe their nature. Like we know a log(x) graph never reaches 1 but as it approaches infinity we know it gets there.

I'm not saying this is a proof for God, but it's a tool to make you realize that how we experience reality isn't as simple as what's readily available to us. It's a tool to make you realize you make leaps of faith everyday when you speak to someone and despite the fact that there is no fucking way "cool" has a strict perfect definition or any word for that matter (try getting down to the nuts and bolts of what is meant by society), but you can still speak to someone about it and he knows exactly what you mean.

>The Bible seems to have some similarities in today's scientific world.

That's laughable. Where are the christian starships powered by Jesus? It's funny how this thread is full of people saying how great christianity is, but they completely fail to name anything specific.

I am a bad representative, so take my words with a grain of salt.

First I would ask yourself why you find it difficult to believe. Be honest. There is no wrong answers here, because all men have doubts sometimes. Second I would realize that regardless of what you've learned, at the end of the day, belief is a choice. If you live as though you believe and truly desire to believe, you will almost certainly find the belief. Third, I would examine the writings of men who are far holier and wiser than myself. City of God by St. Augustine. The writings of St. Thomas Aquinas. Or if you want a pretty simple and easy resource, (even though it is Protestant and does teach some heresy) I have found a great deal of value in the Thru the Bible program by Dr. J Vernon McGee.

oneplace.com/ministries/thru-the-bible-with-j-vernon-mcgee/

It is a five-year radio program that goes through the entire Bible, chapter by chapter. An invaluable resource for believers and non-believers alike.

And finally I would find a priest and make an appointment to bring your issues up with him. Make sure you are humble and respectful though, which is perfectly reasonable, as you should always be respectful and humble when asking for instruction.

I'll pray for you, brother. Stay hopeful! I know that God is waiting for you!

>I want to believe in fairytales because it's cool on the internet

Know.

I worship the Risen Christ, who has ascended to the right hand of the Father, and is even now at the Seat of Power. I also worship Christ who is on the cross, because by that sacrifice am I made clean. Thus do I worship his wounds, and indeed do I worship even his death. For in both was my sin made righteousness.

28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

Matthew 11: 28-30

The key to beleif is the evidence of the resurrection of Jesus Christ.

Dr. Gary Habermas has that covered. He is highly respected. Even atheists have had him on to their shows as a guest. I could tell you to read the books he's written, but his YT videos do the job just as well.

>in denial

But tell us, why are you worshipping a dead kike nailed to a fence? What is the relation here?

I am also a Pole who was atheist since about 12yo. Religion is a pile of shite, read the bible and it is full of useless shite. Do something else as a hobby. Just read Buddhist philosophy, listen to the lectures of Allan Watts and read 'The meaning of it all' by Richard Feynman.

I answered your question, so now answer mine.

Why do you insult and profane that which is holy?

Read Nietsche. Become the Übermensch and strive to make everyone jealous with your success and privilege. That is the very core of sjw or marxist ideology- >envy. Man created God to worship himself.

But that is not what the ubermench is, you autist. You are an ubermench if you reject the prevailing values of society. By rooting your values in material success and the hope of making people jealous, you're just adopting the prevailing values of Western society. So by Nietzsches own admission you wouldn't be an ubermench.

watch some rob skiba videos, or any videos about the end times deception. I used to be an atheist

The bible says that Jesus spoke in parable
It's not that hard to see what that verse is trying to convey.

The easiest, but also the lamest way it to take a bunch of DPH or Acid to the point where you're freaking out. It will re-adjust your idea of "probable".

You could also just read the bible, if you get past the begats, and actually try to figure out for yourself why people think the book is a big deal you might become slightly more convinced of religion's value.

>le dead kike on a stick
Fuck off. Whites with Christianity were so advanced and badass that they conquered the entire planet without breaking a sweat.

But as soon as the radical secularists took power in the 60s whites became an endangered species in 40 years.

>kikes are holy

Good goy

Honestly man it's no big deal. We still welcome you at the church. No one is going to pull you in a room and make you say you believe in God. Christianity is more about community than saying the right prayer. Just donate your time to events. Help move tables and chairs. No one gives a shit about what you believe. Just be a good person and you're in the club.

ahteist wanting to believe.
>>granted replies

>answered your question,
You mean that inane babbling about starships and bizarre quotes from something?

Why are YOU worshipping the corpse of a dead jew nailed to a tree? Are you of jewish descent, and that was your family? You are not making any sense at all.

Leaf post best post

Americans =0
Canada =10000

this 1000x

How is your genocide going?

I worship him because he is God.

Since you don't want to answer my question, I'll ask another.

If you don't believe in Satan, then why do you do his bidding?

Embrace the morals associated with religion. It's entirely possible to be as morally "good" as a believer without believing in a god. Religion provides a good guide on how to live. So, replicate the moral principles instilled by religion and you'll be good to go.
tldr: you don't need to believe in a god to not act like a cunt. Embrace values which are common among religious communities; there's no requirement to believe in a god to appreciate the lessons taught by a religious book.

Thats your defiant ego. Give up on your pissant notion that your individuality has any value and then you will be able to submit to God.

>I worship him because he is God.
I am God. Now worship me, mortal.

I'll ask another.

If it could be proven to you that God was real, and all your sins were laid before you, and all that He required for the remission and absolution of all of those sins was once, just once, for you to admit your wrongdoing and say:

"I love you."

Would you do it?

You have to worship me, for I am God.
On your knees and pray!

i'm the same way. i just do what I can to defend Christianity when it comes under attack from the kike rats. it's very important to defend Christianity since it is the foundation of western culture.

Simple prayer and seeking out knowledge is probably what's best for you. It's ok to take it one step at a time. Doubting is actually a good thing. Too many blind followers are content with entry level knowledge and fail to grow spiritually.

You don't need to believe in pretend sky daddy.

Go check out Jordan Peterson's view on religion. What you need to realize is that you are fighting for something in your life. What should it be? TRUTH. That is your god.

The supernatural God is dead, Nietzsche realized that this would be depressing for us. But we now have the opportunity to find where our real god is.