What went wrong with children's tv?

What went wrong with children's tv?

Mommies and Daddies became power-hungry monsters, with no outlet for that power in reality because they're cuck losers.

Jewish subversion.

sexualization

Mr Rogers for a start. What a degrading, condescending, fake motherfucker. I could never stand that guy's infantalizing show.

The 70s. When it switched from cartoons to "live action" shows, like Isis and Electra and Dynagirl, etc. Educational was limited to Sesame Street, Mr Rogers, Electric Company, and Captain Kangaroo, with oddball afterschool stuff like Zoom.

Then came on bowling or gardening shows and everybody would grab their bikes and go outside.

Hell, maybe thats it. Nobody goes outside anymore because pedos and crime so they have to fill the TV hours with shit on cable.

Why go outside and socialize and risk getting hot or even killed when you can sit inside your safe homes and "socialize" through your hundred different Internet devices.

>Then came on bowling or gardening shows and everybody would grab their bikes and go outside.
So true. I remember Saturday morning was like gorging yourself on a buffet of cartoons, and then you got a hangover by about noon and the rest of them sucked after that so you might as well go do something better anyway.

"Children's TV" is a god damn lie anyway. Kids should be reading or playing and getting fucking hurt climbing shit, not watching the electric Jew.

Cartoons back in the day were a lot smarter too. Today it's all about random silly bullshit.

I remember watching episodes of DuckTales that taught about the dangers of inflation and I understood it at 8 years old.

Ding ding ding. SPBP

I don't see a lot of cartoons these days, but that seems to be the trend. Even my young nephews, who had TV restrictions and for whom unrestricted cartoon watching was a rare indulgence, complained that so many of the cartoons really didn't even make any sense.

There's always good children's TV and bad children's TV. Children's shows motivated purely by profit have always existed, but rarely last long and are generally quickly forgotten, hence the nostalgia (same with rock bands).

I have 3 children, youngest is now 4, so I've pretty much been forced to stay up-to-date on the latest and greatest kids shows. They are all moving to shitty quality 3D animation because hand-drawn is too old-school and probably too expensive anymore.

There's a couple of smart ones, but the rest is just lots of flashing colors and random silliness. The ones that try and teach messages to kids generally seem to miss the mark or are just too profound for a fucking toddler to understand.

I let my kid watch shit like Watership Down and The Plague Dogs and When The Wind Blows and Over The Garden Wall. We read Edward Gorey and Narnia stories.

Same as everything else. Marxists ruined it

I did have him watching a lot of the old racist Bugs Bunny shows but then mom woke up and was like WTF

one of the better modern ones is Peppa Pig, weirdly enough. Its subtle but unironically based

Did mom never watch looney tunes and merry melodies? They're just good honest fun.

Kill yourself. Fred Rogers is a fucking saint.

I've long believed that the surreal nonsensical humor found in many cartoons in recent years is responsible for the dumbing down of children, and perhaps even for the dramatic rise in autism. More recent low-quality computer animation could also be a factor in this, as it promotes the acceptance of mediocrity in addition to the liberal/degenerate ideologies such cartoons often push.

jews

>son of a minister
>educated
>happily married with children
>thought child TV was crap
>argued that the government shouldn't be Jews about VCRs
>did it himself
>made it
>told off Burger King for using his likeness for a commercial interest
>thought Eddie Murphie's SNL skit based off his show was funny and "affectionate."

Fred Rogers may have his faults as well, but there is no doubt that he is a good role model.

FINALLY! SOMEONE ELSE WHO HATES GIR!

You don't understand what this is like for me. Most of my friends are either stereotypical elite gamers or ex-emos. Whenever classic cartoons are discussed no one will even touch The Gir Question.

Christianity's fall and Jewish influence.

This ought to be common knowledge by now.

the (((left))) happened